May 23, 2024, 04:30:22 AM

Author Topic: Latapy names 22 for Costa Rica battle  (Read 15075 times)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Latapy names 22 for Costa Rica battle
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »
sooooooo. who is d friggin playmaker?

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

we doh need no stinkin playmaker. all dem other countries need playmakers, shitttttttttt we doh need dat.

whais dat?????

we go play d whole game in our half ah d field like we accustom doing and we go win....yeah dais d plan.

USA have 7 pts from 3 games..... Who is their playmaker?

so dais d plan manny????? u comparing d two. so dey have 7 points without a playmaker and u have.........

what u don't know will hurt u.

thank u.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

we doh need no stinkin playmaker. all dem other countries need playmakers, shitttttttttt we doh need dat.

whais dat?????

we go play d whole game in our half ah d field like we accustom doing and we go win....yeah dais d plan.

thank you

Alyuh joking right?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »
the starting squad should look something like this:

ince

edwards        thomas          lawrence       john

yorke

baptiste          birchall      daniel/noel            samuel

jones

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

so dais d plan manny????? u comparing d two. so dey have 7 points without a playmaker and u have.........

thank u.

Sighs,

I think you need to watch our game vs the States again. Speed of play, cohesion, fitness where the things that got us beat on the day, things that Latas are currently working on with the players.

I feel we still suffering from Latapy tabanca from d 90s yes. All the so called re-incarnations of the little magician have all flopped. Read the words from the man himself when he was asked on the type of play he expects when we take the field.

Anchelotti said it the first time he had to bench Ronaldhino in favour of Beckham. "Sometimes as players you rely on your skill and natural ability, in absence of that you need to rely on hard work, being fit and being a professional"

Some of us need to adopt that philosophy cause the natural ability is just not there. I just think that teams like the US are living it and the results show it. Oh, and our results show it as well.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

thank you

Alyuh joking right?

in what way, we nolonger have a reliable natural "play maker", our best option is to build from the back with short (hopefully) managable passes and try to create  shooting opportunities, Latapy still remains the only person with truly incisive passing ability.........who else is there at this point, man tinkin bout style ah play an ent considerin dat for d time being, we have to build a "workman" like team dat use the basics of d game to achieve d given goal. It so hard to imagine TT playin "basic" football an still getting d job done ............what playmaker of note Jamaica had in '98...........it might hurt u eye but d end result is what counts.............. and let mi say dis d brand american was playin did look so ugly when it we had we all on we ass, if I remember correctly,  "pass an move" man "pass an move"  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:17:12 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »

Sighs,

I think you need to watch our game vs the States again. Speed of play, cohesion, fitness where the things that got us beat on the day, things that Latas are currently working on with the players.

I feel we still suffering from Latapy tabanca from d 90s yes. All the so called re-incarnations of the little magician have all flopped. Read the words from the man himself when he was asked on the type of play he expects when we take the field.

Anchelotti said it the first time he had to bench Ronaldhino in favour of Beckham. "Sometimes as players you rely on your skill and natural ability, in absence of that you need to rely on hard work, being fit and being a professional"

Some of us need to adopt that philosophy cause the natural ability is just not there. I just think that teams like the US are living it and the results show it. Oh, and our results show it as well.

and I endorse dis post
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

thank you

Alyuh joking right?

in what way, we nolonger have a reliable natural "play maker", our best option is to build from the back with short (hopefully) managable passes and try to create  shooting opportunities, Latapy still remains the only person with truly incisive passing ability.........who else is there at this point, man tinkin bout style ah play an ent considerin dat for d time being, we have to build a "workman" like team dat use the basics of d game to achieve d given goal. It so hard to imagine TT playin "basic" football an still getting d job done ............what playmaker of note Jamaica had in '98...........it might hurt u eye but d end result is what counts.............. and let mi say dis d brand american was playin did look so ugly when it we had we all on we ass, if I remember correctly,  "pass an move" man "pass an move"  

All I saying is that the USA HAVE playmaker/s, maybe not  the traditional types, but they do.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

All I saying is that the USA HAVE playmaker/s, maybe not  the traditional types, but they do.

cool then, but speed of thought, teamwork and precision won d day for them an' not one man's magic passin
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:42:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

thank u.

Sighs,

Like lefty, I co-sign this post, alot of people have watched the US beat us and still haven't figured out how they did it and it's been essentially the same way for the last 10+ years when they beat us but few people understand what happens..
and technically..Landon Donavan is their playmaker..

I notice rel ppl not putting Hyland on the starting XI..behind noel/theobald in many cases...I just asking is this because you believe he is more useful as an impact player off the bench?

lol. Nobody start to quarrel yet? Interesting.

No, because finally!! the selections make good sense. The only thing missing is say a true right back like Gray, but Latas has a back up plan with either Spann in de back feeding Carlos or a very mobile and fit Carlos in de back in a 3-5-2 for example possibly feeding Baptiste who stays wide to stretch the defense and pelt in dem crosses, some low, some high. The latter formation I like.  :thinking:

Starting 11:

Ince

Lawrence
                                       Keyeno                               Avery

Carlos                                                Theobald   
                                                           Birchall

Baptiste                                                                      Samuel

Jones                    Scotland

Subs:

Glenn for Scotty

Spann for Baptiste with Carlos pushed up instead 

Hyland for Samuel  to add a little extra defensive component based on needs at the time.

Tinto on standby, for dribbling just outside the box to lure fouls, free-kicks and penalties   

Guerra on for a tiring Birch in de 70th minute to cause havoc as a secret weapon (being told over and over in de dug-out by Latas, "Please, no fighting. If de Costa Ricans spit on you and tell yuh about yuh mudda, jess take a deep breath, watch dem bad eye and walk away to avoid de set up".)

Latas on standby in the 70th minute just in case Jones and Scotty not being fed to generate chances

Yorke on for Theobald while reverting to a 4-4-2                   

I rel like this formation tho..I would change hyland or spann for theobald tho..
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:24:40 PM by Arazi »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
All yuh could set them men in whatever formation. If they don't defend and attack as a unit, formation will not make any difference.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

cool then, but speed of thought, teamwork and precision won d day for them an' not one man's magic passin

True dat, true dat.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2009, 05:06:05 PM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

thank u.

Sighs,

Like lefty, I co-sign this post, alot of people have watched the US beat us and still haven't figured out how they did it and it's been essentially the same way for the last 10+ years when they beat us but few people understand what happens..

I notice rel ppl not putting Hyland on the starting XI..behind noel/theobald in many cases...I just asking is this because you believe he is more useful as an impact player off the bench?

lol. Nobody start to quarrel yet? Interesting.

No, because finally!! the selections make good sense. The only thing missing is say a true right back like Gray, but Latas has a back up plan with either Spann in de back feeding Carlos or a very mobile and fit Carlos in de back in a 3-5-2 for example possibly feeding Baptiste who stays wide to stretch the defense and pelt in dem crosses, some low, some high. The latter formation I like.  :thinking:

Starting 11:

Ince

Lawrence
                                       Keyeno                               Avery

Carlos                                                Theobald   
                                                           Birchall

Baptiste                                                                      Samuel

Jones                    Scotland

Subs:

Glenn for Scotty

Spann for Baptiste with Carlos pushed up instead 

Hyland for Samuel  to add a little extra defensive component based on needs at the time.

Tinto on standby, for dribbling just outside the box to lure fouls, free-kicks and penalties   

Guerra on for a tiring Birch in de 70th minute to cause havoc as a secret weapon (being told over and over in de dug-out by Latas, "Please, no fighting. If de Costa Ricans spit on you and tell yuh about yuh mudda, jess take a deep breath, watch dem bad eye and walk away to avoid de set up".)

Latas on standby in the 70th minute just in case Jones and Scotty not being fed to generate chances

Yorke on for Theobald while reverting to a 4-4-2                   

I rel like this formation tho..I would change hyland or spann for theobald tho..

If we playing 3 at the back then we might as well play a 3-4-1-2.

Ince

^        Andrews?            Lawrence        John   ^
 l                                                                l
C. Edwards          Birchall         Yorke           Samuel
v                                 Hyland                      v

Scotty                  Jones

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2009, 05:09:24 PM »

heyyyyyy abbottttttt.

whais dat?????

thank you

Alyuh joking right?

yes and i know dat. every footballing nation in this world needs or have a playmaker or two or three.

all i did was ask a simple question and instead ah man answering d friggin question all i gettin is a set a lip service.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

[/quote]

Speed of play, cohesion, fitness where the things that got us beat on the day, things that Latas are currently working on with the players.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i agree with you about the professionalism, fitness, hard work, speed of play, and football intelligence. these are qualities that every team should have or strive to have, so that goes without saying.

fc barcelona has about five playmakers probably six along with all the other qualities mentioned above.

so let me ask this question.

do you think that a hard working team with all the qualities mentioned above, minus the skills and the football intelligence of those six playmakers barcelona has, could beat them(barcelona)?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2009, 05:45:09 PM »

To answer your question directly i would say absolutely not.

I may still need you to clarify your argument, barca just like most other top teams in europe can compile a complete squad of technically gifted players by choice. We are dealing with international football where sometimes you may not be as fortunate to have such players at your disposal.

How do you prepare that type of squad to be competitive?

You condition them to do the fundamentals of technique fitness and cohesion right and more often than not they will always put up a respectable showing.

Sometimes in football the quality of your opponent is just better than yours but there is no shame in the result when you give it 100%.

I want that 100%
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:48:37 PM by g »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

I may still need you to clarify your argument, barca just like most other top teams in europe can compile a complete squad of technically gifted players by choice. We are dealing with international football where sometimes you may not be as fortunate to have such players at your disposal.

You condition them to do the fundamentals of technique fitness and cohesion right and more often than not they will always put up a respectable showing.

Sometimes in football the quality of your opponent is just better than yours but there is no shame in the result when you give it 100%.

I want that 100%

again endorse :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:10:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2009, 06:07:25 PM »

ince

yorke

jones

madness..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2009, 06:21:17 PM »

ince

yorke

jones

madness..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »

ince

yorke

jones

madness..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

the only madness i see is playing 2 strikers that play the same way, if you go with 2 strikers they should have contrasting styles, glen and jones would make sense but why sacrifice a 5 man mid against costa rica who have always dominated us in the mid, so only a dotish person like yourselves would suggest to open tt up for lix

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »
King Deese,
                    You now realize we don't have playmakers? I been hammering that since after the last WC. We lack offensive and defensive mid-fielders. Everybody on this site knows that. They fraid to admit though.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:32 PM »
All ah allyuh watch something. Skillachi is the playmaker in the team.. Rememba when Latas now come back what he say? Just have to give Keon the ball and let him work, he is replacement for Latapy. He not a winger but he hav real thing in the middle. Watch him work dem Saturday. Kenwyne en good he overrated so he nah start... We winning 3-1 with him seein bench whole 90 mins

Ince

Thomas    Andrews    A. John

Edwards  Yorke      Birchall     Samuel

Daniel

Baptiste        Scotland     

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »

I want that 100%

See that 100% thing, I feel it have plenty of we players who don't truly understand what that means. Don't get me wrong they work hard and give their all on the field, but to the true 100%, they lacking.

I agree, seeing we fellas do the do, I can be satisfied win or lose.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »

I want that 100%

barca is a club team comprised of technically gifted players from different countries, we all know that. but with those three midfield maestros running things in the middle of the park the way they do, and two of them from Spain, it is easy to see why they are the best club team in europe and probably the world, 100% from the other team is not good enough in this case. when you get beat by the best there is no shame in that either. i am also sure barca could beat some national teams around the world. but that is not my argument.

so let me ask the question again. who are the technically gifted playmakers on the team capable of making the sweet passes you see barca midfielders execute, playmakers capable of controlling the game when under pressure especially in the middle of the park so your team doesn't get run over or spend 90% of the game defending and going nowhere all game long. success comes or will come when your team spends more time in the opposing team's half of the field finishing attacking runs that you spent so many practices working on.  

Costa Rica, Mexico, USA and Honduras is our barca. 100% effort here will not be good enough if we cannot control the game, if we cannot continuosly attack these four teams with technically gifted players, if we find ourselves defending all game long.

somebody help me here............

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2009, 10:40:34 PM »
Ah see every body hating on kenwyne, but ah want allyuh tuh know that KJ is the best footballers we have on our team to date.

the man started his season in november and finished with 12 goal in all competition, while he was still injured and not so fit as last season.

ppl want glenn scotty and even baptiste tuh start over KJ!  but on sataurday god willing it's KJ who will be scoring and assisting, all them other players allyuh bigging up is practice match goal scorers, while KJ is ah big proven goal scorer. god willing ah will see allyuh after the game, KJ will make nuff ah allyuh eat allyuh own sh!t!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2009, 07:34:23 AM »
King Deese,
                    You now realize we don't have playmakers? I been hammering that since after the last WC. We lack offensive and defensive mid-fielders. Everybody on this site knows that. They fraid to admit though.

nah boss, you cannot be serious. you mean to tell me in all of the tt pro league nobody fits the mold. stinkkkkkkkk.........

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2009, 07:37:21 AM »
All ah allyuh watch something. Skillachi is the playmaker in the team.. Rememba when Latas now come back what he say? Just have to give Keon the ball and let him work, he is replacement for Latapy. He not a winger but he hav real thing in the middle. Watch him work dem Saturday. Kenwyne en good he overrated so he nah start... We winning 3-1 with him seein bench whole 90 mins

Ince

Daniel

Baptiste        Scotland     

lawd fadda, sombody finally answer meh question. wow. if he doh step up on saturday, den what.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »

I want that 100%

See that 100% thing, I feel it have plenty of we players who don't truly understand what that means. Don't get me wrong they work hard and give their all on the field, but to the true 100%, they lacking.

I agree, seeing we fellas do the do, I can be satisfied win or lose.

point taken. point understood. i agree with the 100% effort thingy win or lose.

however, i want to see men play with vision and skills, make passes that cut the defense and cause confusion and hesitation, make the goalie shake and stutter in his boots causing him to lose when he hesitates, make the spectators jump of their seats and spill their drinks, make the honeys in the crowd cry with joy and sing out "ole, ole, ole, ole", make old men shake their heads in disbelief and say "finally, dem men and dem come to play", make the nation proud of the effort, the performance, the victory, and most of all add 3 POINTS to the table.

we are last if i am not mistaken. no country for feeble men.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2009, 08:34:29 AM »
point taken. point understood. i agree with the 100% effort thingy win or lose.

however, i want to see men play with vision and skills, make passes that cut the defense and cause confusion and hesitation, make the goalie shake and stutter in his boots causing him to lose when he hesitates, make the spectators jump of their seats and spill their drinks, make the honeys in the crowd cry with joy and sing out "ole, ole, ole, ole", make old men shake their heads in disbelief and say "finally, dem men and dem come to play",

u see all dat dere, at dis point dat is ah "nice to have" dat will have to wait, for now we need ah TEAM first and foremostly, ah team dat at d very least know d basics, can defend , pass, control ah ball.............we lack basics an' your major concern is being entertained ??? trinidad football needs to be rebuilt from the ground up with attention to basics, we are going to have to build teams dat play so called ugly but technically correct football, dis flare an' flambouyance trinis does convince deh self we have, an' mus display for no greater reason dan to give some dumbass in the crowd ah mental orgasm of sorts, is reason why ah man go spin he opponent all over d place, have crowd fallin over self, all d while space dat was created is being closed down, an wen d player look is because 5 defenders around im and d chance gone, but we idiots happy "ah man get one sweet rolly-polly"....................but no goal ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2009, 08:38:55 AM »
All ah allyuh watch something. Skillachi is the playmaker in the team.. Rememba when Latas now come back what he say? Just have to give Keon the ball and let him work, he is replacement for Latapy. He not a winger but he hav real thing in the middle. Watch him work dem Saturday. Kenwyne en good he overrated so he nah start... We winning 2-1 with him seein bench whole 90 mins

Ince

Daniel

Baptiste/Glen        Scotland     

I loving this formation and de right PPL in e right SPOT

OH Fixed it for you
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
                     Ince

Edwards  Yorke      Birchall     Samuel

Daniel

Baptiste        Scotland     

I'd be cool wit this as long as Samuel working as hard as Carlos. Not sure bout Dog yet, so I'd probably have Lawrence in there.

1]; } ?>