May 23, 2024, 06:11:21 AM

Author Topic: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010  (Read 47526 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SPANISH FOOTBALL • LA LIGA 2009 - 2010
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
All yuh see Pedro goal?

Right now Barca leading Deportivo 3-0.

http://www.d1g.com/video/space/sports/show/?id=3702487

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2010, 09:15:28 AM »
FC Barcelona 3-0 Real Club Deportivo
1-0 : Bojan 16'
2-0 : Pedro 69'
3-0 : Touré 72'

Two best goals yesterday, Rose of Tottenham and Pedro from Barca.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xwHL-RIx1o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8xwHL-RIx1o</a>

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
Barcelona vs Xerez
Saturday, 24 April 2010
Nou Camp

Past Meetings:
Xerez CD 0-2 FC Barcelona
0-1 : Henry 47'
0-2 : Ibrahimovic 90+3'

What took place mid-week never happened.
It is to be forgotten, discarded and unheard of.
This match is a continuation for Barcelona, and being sidetracked by outside fixtures and thoughts would be foolish and catastrophic.
The week ahead will determine the success or failure in which Barcelona shall endure this season, however only the immediate present should be focused on and that immediate present lies within the League, against Xerez.

Barcelona had one chance, last weekend they used up that chance. A 0-0 stalemate at Espanyol has seen the righteously earned 3 point gap at the pinnacle of La Liga sliced to an uncertain 1 point as Real Madrid continue to faultlessly bombard through Spains finest outfits. Set to face 16th placed Real Zaragoza tonight in the La Romareda, Los Blancos are expected to once again take home the chocolates, thus meaning Barcelona cannot afford to slip up, for one mistake could be the deciding factor that costs La Blaugrana the Spanish title.

First vs last. David vs Goliath. The riches vs the rags. Whatever retrospect it is in which you view this match one thing remains the same, that Barcelona has mammoth superiority over their opponents. Not only this, but Barca also maintain a 0% losing record within the Camp Nou in the league, whilst Xerez has won only two of its 16 games played on the road.

Although perhaps all is not set in stone, Spanish sides have a reputation – as apposed from ‘lesser’ sides in England, Italy and other top European leagues – that depicts all sides that reside lower in the table should never be ruled out, for good football exists within each of them. Barcelona have been stunned in the past in similar situations, with one only having to look toward last season in which bottom placed Espanyol downed the table-topping Catalans 2-1 in the Camp Nou. Not only that, but Xerez may have recently nestled into a depleted spot of good form.

This season has been truly catastrophic for the newly promoted Andalusia outfit. It took Xerez two months to conjure up their first win and first goal of the season, seven months to record their first away win and took the same time to win consecutive matches. However the last two months have proved to be the finest for Xerez as they took the highest amount of points from this season within March after having downed Malaga, Villarreal, Tenerife and Valladolid whilst dramatically drawing with Sevilla in the 90th minute. April proved to be another successful month for Nestor Gorosito’s men as they succumbed to only one loss on either side of draws to Sporting and Racing whilst a win against Atletico Madrid in the Vicente Calderon was also present.

This is without a doubt the worst time in which a team could wish to face Xerez, and whilst Barcelona may be leaning toward resting players ahead of their mid-week season-defining clash against Inter, they will also be wary that this is not a fixture to be underestimated.

Team News

Barcelona

Carles Puyol is suspended for his sides upcoming Champions League game and as a result will be able to fill in at right back for the suspended Dani Alves.
Meanwhile Andres Iniesta will remain out due to a torn right thigh muscle.
Fans were shocked this week upon hearing that – following being cleared from a hamstring injury – Eric Abidal was carrying a groin strain and as a result will sit out tonight’s game.

VISCA EL BARÇA!!!!

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2010, 08:40:42 AM »
FC Barcelona 3-1 Xerez
1-0 : Jeffren 16'
2-0 : Henry 24'
2-1 : Bermejo 25'
3-1 : Ibrahimovic 57'

After the 3 – 1 win over Xerez Barcelona midfielder and Spain international Xavi Hernandez (30) reached the 200 wins milestone in his professional career, a number which was never achieved before in the 110 years history of the club.

According to Spanish newspaper SPORT Xavi tops the list with 200 ahead of Migueli (195 wins) and team-mate Carles Puyol (191 wins). The team has managed to grab the 3 points in approximately 60 % of the 349 league games in which the Barca’s midfield jewel featured in.

Xavier Hernandez i Creus was born in Terassa, Spain and joined Barcelona’s youth academy in 1991. After joining the “A” team of Barcelona in 1998 Xavi soon became a key part of the team and is a reliable member of the team for over a decade now.

Can Xavi celebrate his 201st win after the Wednesdays CL clash against Inter? What do You think?

Worn after the game:

“Dimecres a les Vuit Tots al Camp Nou” and a “Remuntado” scarf which means “Wednesday at 8 o’ clock at camp Nou, Comeback!!”

Més que un club.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
Torres fears for long-term health in England

April 25, 2010 - ESPN Soccernet

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres fears a lengthy spell in the Premier League could result in chronic long-term injuries.

Torres is currently ruled out for the season with a reoccurring knee problem that has also limited him to just 22 appearances this season, although he has still scored 18 goals.

The Spanish international, who expects to be fit in time for the World Cup, is concerned at the physical toll of the English top-flight and is amazed that players like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard have performed at such a high level for so long.

"The Premier League is such a tough competition and I have always admired this championship and the players who are here," Torres told the News of the World.

"This is my third season and I'm still amazed to see Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard, players who have been here a long time, still playing at such a high level and with such impressive rhythm because the English league really wears down a player.

"I just can't imagine what state I'll be in within five or six years if I continue to play here - it could easily give me problems when I stop playing. The physical level is superior to all other countries."

Torres' future is currently the subject of much speculation but another Premier League club, Manchester City, reportedly head the queue to sign the 26-year-old.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
real madrid vs. osasuna on espn2 (USA) right now.

expert commentary from a mr. shaka hislop.

giggsy11

« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05:37 PM »
Wey Shaka get dat accent from? He sound like Steve McClaren when he tried tuh clean up his english accent so the Dutch could understand him.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2010, 12:55:49 PM »
Yeh Shaka soundin a little more British.
Like Ato wit he Yankee twang.

Real real get away today boy.
That miss by Masoud was alarming.

giggsy11

« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »

The player who passed instead of shooting did not appear to want to take the responsibility of shooting and end up giving a pull stones pass.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »

The player who passed instead of shooting did not appear to want to take the responsibility of shooting and end up giving a pull stones pass.

Yeh I say Masoud cuz I eh know de other man name.
I more blame the passer, it was BAD.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2010, 07:59:08 AM »

PEP BELIEVES IN BOJAN

He has scored 6 goals in his last 8 matches and could play tomorrow against Tenerife.

The boy from Linyola is witty in the last sprint while Ibra goes through his worst moment.

Golden Shoe. Messi, with 29 goals, is closer to the maximum award for European strikers.

Xavi, treated awesomely. He’s the best midfielder ever, according with Guardiola.

[Non Barça Related]

Madrid 3 – 2 Osasuna. Madrid saves la Liga in the last minute.

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »
The Madrid game was quite entertaining. Osasuna went to sleep on that last goal though.

After Pep place all that faith in Ibra and he shit dong heself he believe in Bojan now.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
Wey Shaka get dat accent from? He sound like Steve McClaren when he tried tuh clean up his english accent so the Dutch could understand him.

what i would give to hear a game like that with pure trini commentary.

"bullet from kaka in he ass!"

"beads from ronaldo!"

"another shot from benzema gone behind God back..."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »
Villarreal CF 1-4 FC Barcelona
0-1 : Messi 19'
0-2 : Xavi 34'
0-3 : Bojan 42'
1-3 : Llorente 67'
1-4 : Messi 88'

Excellent vision from Xavi on the last goal:
http://www.d1g.com/video/space/sports/show/?id=3726719

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »

PEP BELIEVES IN BOJAN

He has scored 6 goals in his last 8 matches and could play tomorrow against Tenerife.

The boy from Linyola is witty in the last sprint while Ibra goes through his worst moment.

Golden Shoe. Messi, with 29 goals, is closer to the maximum award for European strikers.

Xavi, treated awesomely. He’s the best midfielder ever, according with Guardiola.

[Non Barça Related]

Madrid 3 – 2 Osasuna. Madrid saves la Liga in the last minute.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:46:27 PM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2010, 01:18:13 PM »
After Pep place all that faith in Ibra and he shit dong heself he believe in Bojan now.

What choice does he have now?  He have a Title to win and Ibra like he and de score sheet had a fallin' out.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »

What choice does he have now?  He have a Title to win and Ibra like he and de score sheet had a fallin' out.
I understand the rationale but why the hell he stick with Ibra for so long especially in the latter stages of the CL.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »

I understand the rationale but why the hell he stick with Ibra for so long especially in the latter stages of the CL.

...I eh know nuh.....maybe losing the tie against Inter was the wake up call....Maybe Ibra needed a full season to adapt and next year he will return the dividends.......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

...I eh know nuh.....maybe losing the tie against Inter was the wake up call....Maybe Ibra needed a full season to adapt and next year he will return the dividends.......

Chups, Ibra is dung, every non-coach on dis board see dat before de move ink...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »
Barca does the business today even though the were not at their best. Ibra again was below standard, Alves brilliant, Messi with 2. Bojan and Pedro on the score board. Pedro and Bojan have pace to lend out WOW!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10:56 PM »
FC Barcelona 4-1 CD Tenerife
1-0 : Messi 17'
1-1 : Román Martínez 39'
2-1 : Bojan 63'
3-1 : Pedro 77'
4-1 : Messi 90+3'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuf_Ofeb3vc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kuf_Ofeb3vc</a>

Més que un club.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
CR show going on now. Hattrick by him and then Haiguin with a class finish
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
Viva Ronaldo

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:39 AM »
I giving Ibra until de end of next season before i start to pelt some serious big stone. First season in Barca..he wasnt in preseason training much.....so i giving him a year to sort he testicular tugging tendencies out. Plus he have no world cup to study..so he could have some serious introspection.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:23:48 AM by Andre »

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2010, 11:19:59 AM »
WTF?

http://momento24.com/en/2010/05/06/ibrahimovic-and-pique-in-an-unexpected-picture/

-chokes- WTMC!?!?!?! VERY awkward position they put themselves in with this picture.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »
WTF?

http://momento24.com/en/2010/05/06/ibrahimovic-and-pique-in-an-unexpected-picture/

I trying to picture what might have really taken place for that shot. It just looking wrong.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
i don't find it look bad..

it more look to me like Pique brace Zlatan in the parking lot going in the car and tell him, "do yuh wuk and score de mudda c*** goal and dem nuh man... look yuh have me and all running up front to bore!!"  :D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
 :'(

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2010, 11:53:54 AM »
maybe is a cultural thing. some cultures is get real close up in yuh face.

all i know is if another man come so close to me is to fight and is a perfect situation for me to butt he ass and break he nose one time.

ahhh...to be young and violent again...

1]; } ?>