May 23, 2024, 07:47:14 AM

Author Topic: My take - Hoping things improve.  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
My take - Hoping things improve.
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:34:03 AM »
Hoping things improve.

You know what hurts the most. Is, almost, if not all of these teams we played in the HEX thus far are so beatable and not so far ahead of us in terms of ability and yet we continue to disappoint. We are on par with most of them if not all and we were capable of winning all of our home games. But yet failed.

If the right precautions, selection and preparation was done from the start no doubt T&T would have been in a better position. But that's a regular thing with us, same story, different page. So how can we really be disappointed when we really cannot expect or, deserve anything better.

You cannot continue to make the same mistakes and expect anything different.

Why do "some" of our players who play in a foreign league particularly the UK always come back to represent T&T a worst player than they were before they left. And don't get me wrong, they did become better players just not for the senior team.

From the beginning there was Yorke who became committed to T&T in the twilight of his career. In his Manchester United days he was another Bobby Zamora. Now there is Kenwyne Jones and Jason Scotland. I mean, these guys are playing in the best league in the world and yet they can't even get a shot off on goal while playing for T&T. And I am not talking about the game against Honduras alone but many others.

Look at Honduras for example, half of their team is based in a foreign league and yet when they return to represent their country they bring the passion and determination with them.

When I look at teams from Central America especially- I see a bunch of normal players (like us) but they always look so determined and proud when they play for their country it seems like it makes all the difference. They look like they will almost die (literally speaking that is) for their country. Unlike T&T who seems as though they are just running flat with no fight in them or love for their country. In-fact, just another payday mentality, maybe ?

What about our support as true fans. Look at Honduras and El Salvador for example and see they have such passionate crowds and how they go all out to support their teams. They will kill (literally speaking that is) for them, even at club level.

Take El Salvador for example, they are in the same position as T&T is right now and I am sure their next home game will be sold out, not to mention the fans make it difficult for visiting teams. Why can't we take pride in our team in good and bad, just hope for the best, but prepare for the worst and really get behind our team.

Everyone knows that our federation is a continued problem because of the politics that surrounds our football, but at the end of the day, our players represents us and like soldiers in a battle field we must support our troops.

Lord alone knows what goes on behind the scenes of T&T football and it's really hard to point fingers on anyone in particular. Though, I must admit that Latapy’s preparations has been sub-par but I am sure that there is more to that story than the regular supporter can see.

The longest rope has an end and one day things will change for the better (I pray). God knows best and as bad as it is now, I believe there is a lesson to be learnt here. But knowing the TTFF I doubt anyone could teach them anything. However, I must applaud them for going all out for our Under 20 team but I believe it has cost the senior one in some part ?

I hate to lose, but what makes it worst is the way we lost. I just hope to see a much better performance against USA on Wednesday. But what ever happens on Wednesday I am still a proud Trinbagonian and I hope we do much better next time around should we fail in our 2010 journey.

Lastly, as I told my dear friend Mr Lincoln Phillips, many people have a misconception that those who succeed in life do so because they face no challenges. The truth is just the opposite. Most people who succeed and experience a high quality in life do so by overcoming tremendous odds.

When I first started the socawarriors.net website I had two die-hard supporters (Sam & Tallman) but I never gave up and had a passion that no one could have competed with. Today, this site boast millions of visitors and thousands of members and it's continuing to grow everyday.

I had the strength of character that enabled me to keep believing, keep planning, keep thinking and keep working to experience my full potential in the face of less than optimal conditions. I never gave up and despite being ignored by the TTFF on many occasions I did what I had to do because I loved my team and moreso my country.

We must come together and unite for the betterment of T&T football. From the players, supporters and administrators. Its the only way we can move forward. Thanks for all the support guys, everyone of you, especially Tallman who is more than just a supporter but everything else.

Regards.
Flex.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:20:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My take - Hoping things improve.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »
I don't see the KJ form for country changing unless we improve our midfield is it wise to just leave him out of the squad? i don't think so... we already know we eh go make world cup even though there is a possibility. We need to get a good mix group of young and players of age that can play next World cup together and let us really have an official A squad, that plays together for the majority of the time until then. And pray as T&T fan we get some respectable friendlies over the next 4 years... Nice article by the way flex i think what happen yesterday could only make us stronger going forward as Fans and as a team... Best wishes to the boys on Wednesday lets get some pride back and make things tough for the rest of the teams in the hex.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:52:58 AM by Trinidogg »

Offline Born Again!

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:48:40 AM »
As a foreign based I always wanted to say a heart felt thank you for this site. You probably know by now that this site allows thousands of Trinbagonians who are based outside of our home islands to remain on top of things when it comes to T&T football. Trust me this Soca Warriors site spreading like swine flu. It's the one place were you could share views and emotions with people that care about the football that much. Whole day I licking meh wounds with fellow forumites. I wish you and your staff all the best. My wife always jokes that her biggest competion is not ah outside woman but the Soca Warriors website.

Wednesday is another day and another battle!

Keep up the brilliant work.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »
mods, please emerge thread.  :angel:

ah wonder if the fired moderator was correct all along when he kept saying that Latas undermine Mats and was picking the team all along?  :devil:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 11:58:33 AM »
Your improving as a writer also Flex .That last piece you did on this game "T&T go all out for mission impossible." ,was the best piece of coverage  I have read not only for that game ,but the entire Hex .

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 12:37:59 PM »
On a good note fellas....

Went to reinstate Trinidad citizenship at the Embassy in DC on Friday. And like true Trinbagonian style... appointment was for 10:30 am and I still sitting there at 2:OOpm...

A DC United official was there and we begun to talk... apparently DC United has been impressed with some of the Pro League Teams successes against MLS's best. So they are sending scouts to Pro League games early in an effort to lure some prospective players to DC next year... taking it with a grain of salt. If true... (since they are impressed with the attitude and work ethic of JJ and AJ) will be nice to see some locals play in Washington... with the current crop :beermug:

Fackt Austin Jack Warner... >:(

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
Flex print this letter and give it to every member of this T&T team when they arrive at Piarco tonight.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »
Don't forget the locals who have ah startboy attitude like guerra and toussant. we also need ah european no nonsense coach who mean business and will teach these boys tuh have the right attitude, one of a proffessional footballer.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »
The only other place I see players play like that is in small league in USA.  Everywhere else I've played men know how to fight.  I don't know what wrong with we.

Mats and Beenie was right.  Put the fellas on who ready to bleed for the team and coach them to their strengths.  Latas i respect you as a great player but at this level and time you not ready.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
Dis is meh third time on dis thread. Since ah buy d people fancy phone ah doh fancy d computer any more. Cuz ah cud be lazy lie down in meh bed like now visit d forum and still post if ah want 2. But that does be time consuming at times cuz sometimes ah does move like a retard and press d wrong button by mistake and loose de whole damn post like i just did when my mom called me from Trinidad. Any way let me do spoil d boss thread cuz it deserve nuff respect. Fuh real no steam blowing from me sah. Nice piece of work on this thread. Cuz at a time like this we really needed to read something with a difference that cud make us and even d players do some soul searching. D only thing i will add here is not 2 give dem copies as yet. Police or no po po organise ah crew wid some baseball bats just tuh warn dat we want a real fight from each player on Wed or else some cut azz. Not 2 much cuz we will still love dem. But enough dat nobody cah go Zen and dey cud feel pain going back on d plane. Respect all d time Flex.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »
top stuff Flex... couldn't have said it better my self

Hopefully by January another party can run for the TTFF personnel... 

Change is necessary... Camps and company have to go... and the new people coming in have to be in it for the right reasons... a massive change.. admin..fans everyone..

The players have to DIE for the shirt..

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 06:06:35 PM »
Yeah dis post went through. Is not me nah ah feel is for kin Jones and dem wid dey bs that have meh nervous. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 07:36:44 PM »
top stuff Flex... couldn't have said it better my self

Hopefully by January another party can run for the TTFF personnel... 

Change is necessary... Camps and company have to go... and the new people coming in have to be in it for the right reasons... a massive change.. admin..fans everyone..

The players have to DIE for the shirt..

SM we need 2 find a way despite d federation because dem is d original Hulsie dey not moving
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 08:32:16 PM »
all i could say this team is total dissappoinment.me eh care if each and everyone ah them players come and read this thread.allyuh is this hex fukkin bobolee.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
all i could say this team is total dissappoinment.me eh care if each and everyone ah them players come and read this thread.allyuh is this hex f**kkin bobolee.

Memorable ... jes saying ::) :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Thx eh, Capo. Needed that.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 08:40:14 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
flex this outcry is being sent to you hoping that it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

we the people of trinidad and tobago and die hard fans of the beautiful game in tnt have endured the arrogance and high and mighty ignorance of this feeble federation for too long now it is time to make or enforce a change by any means necessary. change must come now. mobilization of an effective and well organize force and election of an highly competent and intelligent federation of men and women bent on moving the beautiful game forward into the next generation in this twin island of ours is quite frankly delinquent and necessary.

our motto still is, together we aspire together we achieve. if we organize ourselves together we can achieve anything including replacing these bunch of idiots. quite frankly flex, i am tired of being tired, and i am absolutely sure that i speak for a lot of people.

if you hear me and i know that you do, stand up and be counted and you will find out that you won't be alone in this endeavour.

big mag are you with me..........

viva la revoluccion.............
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

we the people of trinidad and tobago and die hard fans of the beautiful game in tnt have endured the arrogance and high and mighty ignorance of this feeble federation for too long now it is time to make or enforce a change by any means necessary. change must come now. mobilization of an effective and well organize force and election of an highly competent and intelligent federation of men and women bent on moving the beautiful game forward into the next generation in this twin island of ours is quite frankly delinquent and necessary.

our motto still is, together we aspire together we achieve. if we organize ourselves together we can achieve anything including replacing these bunch of idiots. quite frankly flex, i am tired of being tired, and i am absolutely sure that i speak for a lot of people.

if you hear me and i know that you do, stand up and be counted and you will find out that you won't be alone in this endeavour.

Brudder we could not get  d diehards here 2 buy a black juzzy. We doh stand up 4 nutten. We go cuss on this MB because it safe but when is time  2 take action doh expect none.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 10:24:07 PM »
BM HERE....Flex ..how dare you mention Bobby zamora and Mr Dwight Yorke in the same breath and sentence..??.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
Your improving as a writer also Flex .That last piece you did on this game "T&T go all out for mission impossible." ,was the best piece of coverage  I have read not only for that game ,but the entire Hex .

can i get an amen?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 07:42:07 AM »

Can I get a double amen !!!

Top stuff Flex, really really nice to read man.

And BM, yes, Yorke had decieve us many times in the past.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »
Imagine, we most attacking player playing right back in a must win game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De only man who can change the game (Carlos Edwards) and Latapy have him in right back.

Latapy is an asshole coach.

Imagine Cyd Gray is still we BEST right back and they not even calling him back because of a personal vendetta Jack Warner have against him. Same with Avery John !!!!

Latapy is an asshole coach.

He following a CLOWN !!!!!!!

Stand up asshole, tell Jack who you need and call them, is your ass on de line bro.

Who getting stick now !

You might lose they job now !

Not Jack Warner, he will be here forever.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »

Ah feeling to  :rotfl: :rotfl: eh cuz if ah don't I'll  :'( :'( and ah eh have tears to waste.....you serious??....who yuh talking to?.....the "fans"??  what fans??   ??? :-\   ssssttteeeuupppsss!!!.... yuh didn't get the memo or wha??....Jackula have this lock down dread.... look let we just go in the stadium and take een the entertainment eh and forget this revolution stuff.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »
I wonder when people would accept that Jack Warner and Oliver Camps own the TTFF...it is theirs to do with as they please.  To pick whatever coach and team as they please.  Talking about getting new blood in there is a waste of time.  The gov't has a vested interest in supporting this organisation simply from a cultural and moral point of view.  You cyah just decide the man on the corner with the furntiture store not making the kinda furniture that you like and therefore start to campaign to move him from there and you decide who to run the store.  Things doh work like that.  What you have to do is if you doh like the product...don't buy it...simple...shop somewhere else for what you want.  Things might be different (notice mih words 'different' not necessarily better) when Jack pass on, because Camps certainly doh have the clout, so Ministry of Sport might have more say then.

I does see men here talking all kinda thing about moving this one and that one... and we not taking this and not taking that no more...but as soon as they announce that tickets on sale for the next game, the most hits on TTFF website does come from people of this forum....bad talking the TTFF website while they booking they tickets.  Talking about the price of the uncovered stands but rallying they posse to go to the game.  We like it so.  I made a personal oath to not attend games when Maturana was in charge...simply because I couldn't afford to pay the asking price for the product that was on sale.  Things changed when Latas became coach, got a better product and paid for it in the national interest.  Where we go from here, I plan to take it one day at a time...sweet Jesus.

Somewhere in the back of mih mind I thinking that PLENTY (well maybe not only me) people here kinda didn't realistically expect we to make it to SA, knowing full well the team was not as prepared as the last campaign...but anyway, still looking forward to the entertainment along the way.  The fact that knowing it woulda be hard to beat Honduras in their yard, was never going to daunt people from buying tickets to see the USA game anyway.  So fear not Flex there will always be supporters...we will always be quiet at games and talk we talk from behind the safety of we computers.  We like it so.  Latas could pick the whole of QRC under 14 team to play the last three games and we will still have supporters.  We like it so.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »
Pardners if it was not for this site I would not b at d HCS come wed. I would have treated d SW like D WI team. However, all yuh turn meh into a dutty addict and I gone clear in supportin meh team. D lime wit d peeps just like d good old days when I used 2 go football when Latas and dem was under 16 etc. D lime make yuh go back all thou it was hearbreak after heartbreak.

This campaign like dem men in dem old western dey does beat up on d ground long b4 dey dead. But dead u go dead. This campaign died when meh man was fired. It was on life support b4 dat but d locals was showin lil sign of life but after meh man cuff down LP that was it.

So we beat up for a while but we dead now. Death was always we end. D next campaign dead b4 it strt because nutten eh change and nutten eh go change. Even if Leo come back and we go 2014 that go just b remission from d cancer.

That is d most we can hope 4 a lil remission now and then but d cancer evr present.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
Vampires live to be hundreds of years partns . What we should is ...wait I will put it in my thought of the day tread  ;D

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 02:13:11 PM »
Pardners if it was not for this site I would not b at d HCS come wed. I would have treated d SW like D WI team. However, all yuh turn meh into a dutty addict and I gone clear in supportin meh team. D lime wit d peeps just like d good old days when I used 2 go football when Latas and dem was under 16 etc. D lime make yuh go back all thou it was hearbreak after heartbreak.

This campaign like dem men in dem old western dey does beat up on d ground long b4 dey dead. But dead u go dead. This campaign died when meh man was fired. It was on life support b4 dat but d locals was showin lil sign of life but after meh man cuff down LP that was it.

So we beat up for a while but we dead now. Death was always we end. D next campaign dead b4 it strt because nutten eh change and nutten eh go change. Even if Leo come back and we go 2014 that go just b remission from d cancer.

That is d most we can hope 4 a lil remission now and then but d cancer evr present.

..in your own words...Cosign.  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
It goes much deeper than just takin the field.
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »
lacadasical,doh give ah damn,it eh fall in my yard.this is de mentality of trini people.for instance wed is de usa game,so i will call some pardners and say lime by me to watch de game.first question,who playin?....for de soca warriors to hit de field and play with passion and devotion,we as ah country have to change we culture.we need drastic change.not only football would get better but life itself,de country.

we love to bash de americans and quick to critisize,true de majority of yanks don't know de first ting about football,but the small percentage that involved go all out.they more dedicated and passionate about de game of football.they would religiously take their kids to de games and practise sessions.

i eh know bout other people but days b4 games my mind workin,tinkin,who takin de field,who reach home from their respective clubs.who injured etc.but from wuh i see in recent games from de warriors,is like they rather play ball on maracas or sweat in de savannah with some cold carib in ah cooler.no heart no passion.we as ah people need to change we culture.we football will neva reach anyway.soon 2006 go b ah distant memory.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »

Wah goin on here! palos, now you! i'm impressed to say the least! maybe we need tuh lose ah little more tuh get some feed back from the less vocal members? well said. cosign.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: It goes much deeper than just takin the field.
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »
How u want we 2 change d ting dat make we Trini? We laid back dat is how we iz. Accept and  Learn 2 Live with it. It difficult 2 change culture in an organization u want 2 change a society. Good luck wit dat.

1]; } ?>