June 07, 2024, 10:24:45 AM

Author Topic: Baptiste to go on trial at Ipswich Town  (Read 15045 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Baptiste to go on trial at Ipswich Town
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
When he reach back, let me know how it went.
In de meantime, best of luck to him.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Town trial for T&T winger Baptiste
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2010, 06:05:01 AM »
Town trial for T&T winger Baptiste
By Carl Marston (Green'Un24)

ROY Keane has confirmed that Trinidad & Tobago winger Kerry Baptiste will be coming to Ipswich for a trial this week.

Baptiste, who has scored at a healthy rate for his club in the Caribbean, Joe Public, is an international team-mate of Carlos Edwards. He can also operate up front.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 11:42:26 AM »
When he reach back, let me know how it went.
In de meantime, best of luck to him.

AKA wake meh up when it ovah. U iz d ole Bas.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
Ipswich Reserves play Wycombe on Wednesday morning, that will be his chance to shine.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Baptiste determined to take his chance
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2010, 05:35:20 AM »
Baptiste determined to take his chance
twtd.co.uk

Trialist Kerry Baptiste says he plans to make the most of this week’s trial with Town, an opportunity which he has waited for during more than a decade in football. The 28-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international will be looking to win a place in the Blues squad alongside international team-mate Carlos Edwards.

Prior to flying out from Trinidad, the striker or right midfielder said: “It’s been 11 years now I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this and I intend to make the most of it.”

If Baptiste, who currently plays for Joe Public in his home country, impresses the Town management he wouldn’t be able to officially join the Blues until the transfer window opens in the summer.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Baptiste determined to take his chance.
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2010, 07:28:02 AM »
Baptiste determined to take his chance.
TWTD.co.uk.

Trialist Kerry Baptiste says he plans to make the most of this week’s trial with Town, an opportunity which he has waited for during more than a decade in football.

The 28-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international will be looking to win a place in the Blues squad alongside international team-mate Carlos Edwards.

Prior to flying out from Trinidad, the striker or right midfielder said: “It’s been 11 years now I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this and I intend to make the most of it.”

If Baptiste, who currently plays for Joe Public in his home country, impresses the Town management he wouldn’t be able to officially join the Blues until the transfer window opens in the summer.

Boss Roy Keane says Baptiste will be looking to emulate the likes of Arran Lee-Barrett and Shane O’Connor in impressing him enough to win a deal: “He’s due over this week, I’m sure he’ll be pleased with the weather. He’s due in for a few days.

“We’ll have a look at the boy, Carlos knows him. We look forward to him having a few days with us, like Arran had a few days with us or Shane had a few days with us.”

An international team-mate of Edwards and former loanee Stern John with 43 caps and eight goals, Baptiste was previously with Trinidad clubs San Juan Jabloteh and North East Stars.

The striker or right winger is the all-time top scorer in the TT Pro League, Trinidad and Tobago's top division, having scored 102 goals, 48 of them coming last season.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
C'mon Baptiste, baptise them in a torrent of goals. We got your back.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 06:24:25 AM »
Ipswich Reserves play against Wycombe yesterday, but I eh see Baptiste name on de roster:

Town team: R Wright, Ainsley, Dunbar, Quinn, Brown, Eastman, Yao (Hyam 65), Upson, Murray, Martin, Lambe. Unused subs: McLoughlin, Cawley, McKeown.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
Quote from: Roy Keane
Keane confirmed that Trinidadian international trialist Kerry Baptiste is at the club but says he’s not yet seen a lot of him: “He’ll be training with us today. I’ve not seen much of the boy this week, a lot of players were off yesterday and he couldn’t play in the reserves match. But he’ll have another few days with us and we’ll have a look at the boy.

“We’ll speak to Carlos who knows him, he’ll certainly train with the first team today and we’ll have a good look at him in training.”
http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16077

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Keane confirmed that Trinidadian international trialist Kerry Baptiste is at the club but says he’s not yet seen a lot of him: “He’ll be training with us today. I’ve not seen much of the boy this week, a lot of players were off yesterday and he couldn’t play in the reserves match. But he’ll have another few days with us and we’ll have a look at the boy.

“We’ll speak to Carlos who knows him, he’ll certainly train with the first team today and we’ll have a good look at him in training.”

That eh sound to right. Man on trial and you eh see him or talk to him? Players missing and he cannot play in a reserve game (maybe the weather?) Keane doesn't sound like he interested  :(
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »

That eh sound to right. Man on trial and you eh see him or talk to him? Players missing and he cannot play in a reserve game (maybe the weather?) Keane doesn't sound like he interested  :(

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2010, 05:15:18 AM »

Boss read it again nah.

Like allyuh men is only see what u want to see yes.

VB
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:06:45 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2010, 07:01:32 AM »
Chain up.....! Chain Up......! Chain Up......!  >:(

Give me his contact info and I will personally get him some Under Armor Cold Gear...!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »
would he qualify for a work permit?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ipswich extends Baptiste trial
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Soca Warriors striker, Kerry Baptiste will spend four extra days on trial at Coca-Cola English Championship Division, Ipswich Town, according to Joe Public managing director, Darryl Warner. The 29-year-old Baptiste, who netted 48 goals in leading Joe Public to an historic five domestic titles last year, left here on Monday for a one-week trial at the club managed by former Ireland international Roy Keane. But the long journey seemed to have taken a toll on Baptiste, who did not feature in the reserve team’s 2–1 loss to Wycombe on Wednesday due to jet lag. Warner said Baptiste did not play because he was suffering from jet lag. But the club requested that he stay a further four extra days.

Baptiste will be hoping to join fellow T&T international Carlos Edwards on a permanent basis at Ipswich. Baptiste, who was in the stands when the club battled to a 1–1 draw with Sc**thorpe, said he has been waiting 11 years for an opportunity like this and intends to make the most of it. In addition to Ipswich, Baptiste has also attracted interest from US Major League Soccer clubs, FC Dallas and Toronto FC. However, the T&T striker, who scored a pair of goals in a 2 –2 draw with Mexico in a Fifa World Concacaf World Cup qualifier last October, is totally focussed on impressing Ipswich boss, Keane.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »

Boss read it again nah.

Like allyuh men is only see what u want to see yes.

VB

What you on about? Keane said he has not seen much of him. Most likely that;s on the pitch that's why I said it may be too cold. Alyuh does on;y see what alyuh want to see yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ipswich extends Baptiste trial
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Soca Warriors striker, Kerry Baptiste will spend four extra days on trial at Coca-Cola English Championship Division, Ipswich Town, according to Joe Public managing director, Darryl Warner. The 29-year-old Baptiste, who netted 48 goals in leading Joe Public to an historic five domestic titles last year, left here on Monday for a one-week trial at the club managed by former Ireland international Roy Keane. But the long journey seemed to have taken a toll on Baptiste, who did not feature in the reserve team’s 2–1 loss to Wycombe on Wednesday due to jet lag. Warner said Baptiste did not play because he was suffering from jet lag. But the club requested that he stay a further four extra days.

Baptiste will be hoping to join fellow T&T international Carlos Edwards on a permanent basis at Ipswich. Baptiste, who was in the stands when the club battled to a 1–1 draw with Sc**thorpe, said he has been waiting 11 years for an opportunity like this and intends to make the most of it. In addition to Ipswich, Baptiste has also attracted interest from US Major League Soccer clubs, FC Dallas and Toronto FC. However, the T&T striker, who scored a pair of goals in a 2 –2 draw with Mexico in a Fifa World Concacaf World Cup qualifier last October, is totally focussed on impressing Ipswich boss, Keane.

Apparently he is not eligible to play in any reserve matches (including tomorrow's), but may play in a training match.
http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16092

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
Good luck Kerry..just go out dey and do yuh best

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2010, 08:35:34 AM »
The man is 29 years old with no experience in English Football. Seriously.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
This not starting off well he not dealing with the weather well or the jet lag hmmm step up lad this is thwe conditions he needs to be able to play under and still maintain them goals.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
Trialist Returns Home

Trinidadian international striker or winger Kerry Baptiste has returned home after his trial with the Blues. The 28-year-old spent a week with Town trying to win a contract at Portman Road alongside his international team-mate Carlos Edwards.

Reports in the Caribbean over the weekend claimed that Baptiste, who currently plays for Joe Public in his home country, had been asked to stay for an extra four days but that hasn't been the case and the former San Juan Jabloteh and the North East Stars player has returned home after a week as initially planned.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16106&title=trialist_returns_home
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:08:47 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Trialist Returns Home

Trinidadian international striker or winger Kerry Baptiste has returned home after his trial with the Blues. The 28-year-old spent a week with Town trying to win a contract at Portman Road alongside his international team-mate Carlos Edwards.

Reports in the Caribbean over the weekend claimed that Baptiste, who currently plays for Joe Public in his home country, had been asked to stay for an extra four days but that hasn't been the case and the former San Juan Jabloteh and the North East Stars player has returned home after a week as initially planned.

well yes
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
I remember when peltier went he made waves 3 years ago ...  there must be a reason why he came home early
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »
Keane offers Baptiste another trial.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Ipswich Town manager Roy Keane is said to be very interested in Bmobile Joe Public and Trinidad and Tobago attacker Kerry Baptiste.

Baptiste returned to Trinidad on Tuesday following a ten-day trial at the Coca-Cola Championship Division club under the eyes of the former Manchester United captain, Keane.

“It’s very positive,” said the 29 year-old Baptiste. “Roy (Keane) liked what he saw and wants me back following the season which ends in May.”

The 2009 TT Pro League top goalscorer continued, “He (Keane) wants to see me in a game before making a decision.”

Baptiste only trained at Ipswich without featuring for the Reserves against Wycombe after failing to settle early due to jet lag.

Baptiste, a nominee for the First Citizens Sport Foundation Sports Personality of the Year on Wednesday night said the Ipswish trial experience was a great one.

“It was great. The entire trial was properly planned. I watched the game over the weekend against Bristol City which ended goalless with over 20 thousand people in the stands and I was saying to myself, I can’t wait to score a goal and run into the crowd,” he giggled.

He added, “I’m back home with Joe Public for now and will return to training this week. I will also continue working hard on my game.

Speaking on his nomination for the Sports Personality of the Year, Baptiste simply said, “Great rewards come with hard work. It’s great to be nominated based on my achievements and I will continue to do my best for myself, my family and football.”
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:15:45 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »
Good Luck.. hope it works out... Looks like he has his head on his shoulders...

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2010, 10:11:54 PM »
Unfortunately, I await another article "despite reports from the Caribbean saying Keane wants Baptiste back, the Ipswich manager has made no such indication"  ::)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
yea man KB...keep going,,play yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Trialist Returns Home

When you copy articles like this, quote the source please.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »
Trialist Returns Home

When you copy articles like this, quote the source please.

VB
Sorry http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=16106&title=trialist_returns_home

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »
it eh have no more straws in Trinidad the way peeps here grabbing just about anything . The coach want to see him again ?? where he was ? You send him home and you want to see him next season ?..allyuh eh reading the play or what ?

Is de english who does tell yuh go to hell and have you look forward to doing so.
Keane doh want to hurt the relationship with Trinidad and why should he ...telling a man you will have another look sometime in the future is just a nice way  saying he eh ready now !
I am sure many of us knew that but were hoping for a miracle ..well I hoping for a miracle too ...dat some ah we go wake up... it have coffee brewing.

the talent pool need some serious work ...
instead ah making latapy a developmental coach and working with de yutes ..so he could have a chance to replicate himself we make him senior coach where he eh have no experience . So he go get ah short contract up to de caribbean tournament and if he do good he there till close to de WC..if he do bad he out . Instead of having him there for a longer term working with players 12-19 passing on his experience gained from Brazil, portugal and Scotland..feeding into a senior system.

We does watch TV ...look at Pep Guardiola ..he was producing young talent for Barcelona for years then at a point they thought lets see what he can do with the same players he helped to develop. The programme is up and running though so he could be free to try another experience..What we have in place ?
t
Argentina does the same ting ...when Pekerman  was made WC coach more than half de squad had pased through his hands winning the WC for under 20 repeatedly.....things were in place

its really amazing how warner does shuffle de pack and have everybody thinking it new ! all of a suden yuh hearing from Lincoln phillips ..he just reach or what ? he have voice now ? and you seeing Camps in ah press conference ..to warm chair ....

The extent to which we fall for warner's manipulations bears trong correlation to the exent to which we grab at these straws ..hoping just hoping ..we will discover another yorke or Latapy.

Same ting warner trying in politics ...bring back who was dey before and call it new ...leh me see how dat go work out.
look I gone yes ... I say all ah dis too many times aready !

1]; } ?>