April 19, 2024, 05:32:38 AM

Poll

Who do you think will qualify to the world cup 2006?

Bahrain
Trindad & tobago

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bahrain game (16-Nov-2005).  (Read 252965 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bahrain game (16-Nov-2005).
« Reply #1530 on: November 13, 2009, 07:34:04 AM »
When is the game??

14th Nov so could b 2day wit d time zone story if d 1st leg is in NZ.
Sammy,

After that Bahraini nearly break dwight yorke leg by the corner flag and the setta missiles they pelt at our fans...Bahrain ent deserve shit!

Go Kiwi's

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNN 2 DATTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 13, 2009, 07:54:29 AM »
According to FIFA's time converter the game would be around 3 in the morning EST on Saturday...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 13, 2009, 08:15:02 AM »
According to FIFA's time converter the game would be around 3 in the morning EST on Saturday...

So by d time I arise D Black caps woulda done give it 2 dem. GO KIWISSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
I might be the odd man here. But may the best team win. All yuh could say what yuh want about Bahrain. They are hungry and want it bad.  The Special advisor did not want it that bad, or else he would have resolved the issue at hand long time ago. He still basking in the afterglow of 2006.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 14, 2009, 02:53:14 AM »
Tuned in for the last 10mins......New Zealand thru to South Africa....Bahrain got what appeared to be a legit goal disallowed in the dying mins of normal time...feeling it for Bahrain though....Hopefully 2014

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 14, 2009, 03:01:20 AM »
Tuned in for the last 10mins......New Zealand thru to South Africa....Bahrain got what appeared to be a legit goal disallowed in the dying mins of normal time...feeling it for Bahrain though....Hopefully 2014

The keeper was fouled in the box and the whistle had blown before Bahrain put the ball in the net. New Zealand dominated most of the game anyway and deserved to win.

Thank u Kiwis for keeping our title of "Smallest nation to appear in a World Cup" intact!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 14, 2009, 04:00:00 AM »
Ok thanks for clearing that up... i didn't see the replay and the commentators were harping  on that....no need to tote feelings for Bahrain....Glad for the Kiwis

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 14, 2009, 04:30:30 AM »

The keeper was fouled in the box and the whistle had blown before Bahrain put the ball in the net. New Zealand dominated most of the game anyway and deserved to win.

Thank u Kiwis for keeping our title of "Smallest nation to appear in a World Cup" intact!

Steups dem ent tired play dirty.....I had a feeling NZ would give them trouble because I was wondering how come Bharain, if they so much better than NZ,  didn't beat them in their own back yard....

THANK YOU NEW ZEALAND!!!!.... :beermug:  :beermug:
Is this NZ's first time at the World Cup??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
New Zealand make it to world cup at the expense of Bahrain.
« Reply #1538 on: November 14, 2009, 05:21:22 AM »
New Zealand have reached the World Cup finals for the second time in their history with victory over Bahrain in their qualifying play-off second leg.

Striker Rory Fallon scored the decisive goal at the Westpac Stadium in the final minute of the first half with a header from a Leo Bertos corner.

All Whites goalkeeper Mark Paston also saved a 51st-minute penalty from Bahrain's Sayed Adnan.

The last time New Zealand reached the finals was in Spain in 1982.

With the sides drawing the opening match 0-0, Bahrain knew that a score draw would ensure their progress.

They attacked from the start but after weathering the opening onslaught, New Zealand fought their way into the game.

sclaph10
Leo Bertos and Celtic's Chris Killen both hit the woodwork while a Fallon header was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Sayed Jafaar.

Fallon did strike just before the break but the visitors were handed a route back into the tie when Tony Lochhead fouled Abdulla Omar in the box although Paston stopped Adnan's weak effort.

New Zealand's Shane Smeltz had an opportunity to kill the game off in the 70th minute when he was put through by Bertos, but his deft flick went just wide.

"This group of players has given everything to achieve this dream, everything over the last four years," said New Zealand coach Ricki Herbert, who was a member of the defensive line that played in Spain.

"It's incredible. We're back. We're there."

New Zealand skipper Ryan Nelson, who plays for Blackburn, paid tribute to the 35,100 fans in Wellington - a record for a football match in the country.

"The crowd was incredible and I don't know if we could have won it without them," he said.

"They were our 12th man today and they got us home. I've played in some incredible atmospheres but this is right up there."

Bahrain also came close to securing a place at the last World Cup but lost out to Trinidad and Tobago at the same stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8360167.stm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:44:53 AM by Flex »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about deja vu
« Reply #1539 on: November 14, 2009, 05:56:05 AM »

New Zealand have reached the World Cup finals for the second time in their history with victory over Bahrain in their qualifying play-off second leg.

Striker Rory Fallon scored the decisive goal at the Westpac Stadium in the final minute of the first half with a header from a Leo Bertos corner.

All Whites goalkeeper Mark Paston also saved a 51st-minute penalty from Bahrain's Sayed Adnan.

The last time New Zealand reached the finals was in Spain in 1982.

With the sides drawing the opening match 0-0, Bahrain knew that a score draw would ensure their progress.

They attacked from the start but after weathering the opening onslaught, New Zealand fought their way into the game.

sclaph10
Leo Bertos and Celtic's Chris Killen both hit the woodwork while a Fallon header was brilliantly saved by goalkeeper Sayed Jafaar.

Fallon did strike just before the break but the visitors were handed a route back into the tie when Tony Lochhead fouled Abdulla Omar in the box although Paston stopped Adnan's weak effort.

New Zealand's Shane Smeltz had an opportunity to kill the game off in the 70th minute when he was put through by Bertos, but his deft flick went just wide.

"This group of players has given everything to achieve this dream, everything over the last four years," said New Zealand coach Ricki Herbert, who was a member of the defensive line that played in Spain.

"It's incredible. We're back. We're there."

New Zealand skipper Ryan Nelson, who plays for Blackburn, paid tribute to the 35,100 fans in Wellington - a record for a football match in the country.

"The crowd was incredible and I don't know if we could have won it without them," he said.

"They were our 12th man today and they got us home. I've played in some incredible atmospheres but this is right up there."

Bahrain also came close to securing a place at the last World Cup but lost out to Trinidad and Tobago at the same stage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8360167.stm

ah feeling it for dem bahrain football fans, dat eh easy!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 14, 2009, 06:14:29 AM »
some ppl here still remembering the nasty state of play when we faced them 4 years ago....plenting dwn we fans, kicking ball out goal keeper hands, mashing up Birchill foot, tryin to break Yorke foot, shoving we players ...etc...

and for that, I glad dey ehh make it..

but you hadda feel it for the small country,, back to back dissapointment.

at least i can keep meh title to the left under the running man... :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
D only good ting dat happen 2 we fooball dis campaign we record in tact.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:08:22 AM by weary1969 »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 14, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »

COSIGN I now 4give dem 4 d cricket defeat in 81. Dey did get on like dey tiefin cousins d Ausies all yuh 4given.

Steups dem ent tired play dirty.....I had a feeling NZ would give them trouble because I was wondering how come Bharain, if they so much better than NZ,  didn't beat them in their own back yard....

THANK YOU NEW ZEALAND!!!!.... :beermug:  :beermug:
Is this NZ's first time at the World Cup??

No 1st time in a longgggggg ime. I tink dey was dey in 82

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NEW ZEALAND MAKE IT TO WORLD CUP AT THE EXPENSE OF BAHRAIN
« Reply #1543 on: November 14, 2009, 07:33:10 AM »
NEW ZEALAND MAKE IT TO WORLD CUP AT THE EXPENSE OF BAHRAIN

first leg 0-0
second leg 1-0

same story for Bahrain draw first leg loose second, however they can wine on us now as they managed to make playoffs two campaigns in a row, something no Caribbean country in CONCACAF can lay claim too

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ZEALAND MAKE IT TO WORLD CUP AT THE EXPENSE OF BAHRAIN
« Reply #1544 on: November 14, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »
WE KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: November 14, 2009, 07:38:26 AM »
poor bahrain, not once but twice to be denied...them need a bushbath

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand make it to world cup at the expense of Bahrain.
« Reply #1546 on: November 14, 2009, 07:48:08 AM »
Fari,
       We need a bush bath too.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 14, 2009, 07:48:54 AM »
poor bahrain, not once but twice to be denied...them need a bushbath

We wait 16 yrs so dey have 2 wait 16 yrs

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:11 AM »
NZ was in Spain WC. But like I said before, I feel for Bahrain. They have the passion we lacked. Well somebody laterally drained the passion from we, That is no joke. Try again Bahrain, we just may see you in Rio.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 14, 2009, 08:06:16 AM »
NZ was in Spain WC. But like I said before, I feel for Bahrain. They have the passion we lacked. Well somebody laterally drained the passion from we, That is no joke. Try again Bahrain, we just may see you in Rio.

Somebody drain d passion call name and I go whistle.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Zealand make it to world cup at the expense of Bahrain.
« Reply #1550 on: November 14, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »
Hard luck for Bahrain. Big up New Zealand for saving we record. :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 14, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
let bahrain hull they ass.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #1552 on: November 14, 2009, 10:55:46 AM »
as far as im concerned bahrain is a stink ass team, heart or no heart. i happy they aint in the WC. i cant stand teams and fans who have no shame showing the ugly side of football

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 14, 2009, 02:26:44 PM »
If it will make men here sleep better.. ;D

here is the cut arse...

Pleant Simaliarities to our goal/game 4 yrs ago.. it event had the same commentators as was the exact reaction to when tallest buss the net

Enjoy

1st Half Highlights (Goal on min 7:30)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vVN5utBLtuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vVN5utBLtuU</a>

2nd Half Highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9p7JmJpTIE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9p7JmJpTIE</a>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:29:04 PM by big dawg »
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 14, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
Congrats to N. Zealand... After seeing Bahrain dominate them at home, I thought Bahrain would eke it out on the road...

Heartbreak for Bahrain, two campaigns running, but they've done well for a tiny country...and it seems like their program is getting better. 

football & drama...gotta love it.

p.s. why is this game being talked about in this thread lol  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 14, 2009, 02:52:51 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 14, 2009, 02:56:16 PM »
let bahrain hull they ass.

:devil:
yes that good for them and they pelting bottle and chairs at the trini fans :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 14, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
the header that send them out was almost identical to the one that Dennis Lawrence score in bahrain.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 14, 2009, 03:03:14 PM »

p.s. why is this game being talked about in this thread lol  ;D

exactly!!!!

and when yuh pull up the mods for it on the forum they get sours moody and cranky

two totally diff topics only common denominators are bahrain and play off games for world cup

jeeze mods yuh budgeting the thread count worse that nunez-texeria!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 14, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
the header that send them out was almost identical to the one that Dennis Lawrence score in bahrain.

Tallest own was better in terms of the execution..(i.e. up and down)...This one was better in the sense that the fella had to work harder to get to the ball.... (Tallest was free as a bird)...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>