June 07, 2024, 10:42:33 PM

Author Topic: Press Conference Re 2006 Soca Warriors players Dispute...UPDATE as at Friday 21s  (Read 17462 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Displaying the poor journalistic standards and I'm still employed in the media, as I said you don't pay my salary nor my bills so I don't know why you keep dwelling on you own agendas.
If I'm talking shit, flush it. Wham, WASA neglecting you or wha?????

Anyway, I'm free to say what I feel to say, and POST WHAT THE f**k I FEEL TO POST, and if you don't like it, you can simply plait the hair up your bottom. Geez...........

ah sorry to say eh... but this don't mean a damn thing if you really familiar with what passes for journalism in TnT.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
I beginning to feel Yours Truly is Francis Joseph.....steups!!!....ah setta fancy footwork that eventually comes to nought.....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice try but that is an incorrect guess....
Last year I did regular Pro League updates (check the 2009 Pro League results and see), if you call the Guardian office and ask for Super Fran (his Guardian calypso sobriquet), he will be unable to tell you three current Pro League teams.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yours Truly,
I was being sarcastic....the point I was trying to make is that you are coming across as just as useless as most of the "journalists" we have in T&T.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice try but that is an incorrect guess....
Last year I did regular Pro League updates (check the 2009 Pro League results and see), if you call the Guardian office and ask for Super Fran (his Guardian calypso sobriquet), he will be unable to tell you three current Pro League teams.

well I really hope you is not Randy Bando... because he is de worst..

All credibility gone dey one time if so!!

I appreciate Randy's efforts eh... but he needs to strive to get better... I ent seeing no evidence of that yet
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, I maybe useless in some ways, but I respect your view.

I really brought up some old articles on the issue, from another angle, and it was cool until two chaps decided to label me as a TTFF stooge, which I took umbrage to.

But I have already stated my view on this topic, not everyone will like it, but I'm entitled to my views, and so are you.... and I'll respect your view nonetheless.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Every once in a while, an unfamiliar poster will come on the forum and bowl over after over of medium pace full toss and have eager batsmen (e.g. Bake n Shark) licking their chops and hitting the boundary with every shot... Makes for some entertaining browsing...

Good stuff Yours Truly- thanks for giving us the latest installment, but seriously it's time to sell that losing stock and look for another investment tuh bounce back with....

Are you using 'eager' as a pejorative?

Either way ... Yours Truly playing for a tame draw on the final day of the Test, buh he eh getting it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Every once in a while, an unfamiliar poster will come on the forum and bowl over after over of medium pace full toss and have eager batsmen (e.g. Bake n Shark) licking their chops and hitting the boundary with every shot... Makes for some entertaining browsing...

Good stuff Yours Truly- thanks for giving us the latest installment, but seriously it's time to sell that losing stock and look for another investment tuh bounce back with....

Are you using 'eager' as a pejorative?

Either way ... Yours Truly playing for a tame draw on the final day of the Test, buh he eh getting it.

haha Nah purely literal
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Displaying the poor journalistic standards and I'm still employed in the media, as I said you don't pay my salary nor my bills so I don't know why you keep dwelling on you own agendas.
If I'm talking shit, flush it. Wham, WASA neglecting you or wha?????

Anyway, I'm free to say what I feel to say, and POST WHAT THE f**k I FEEL TO POST, and if you don't like it, you can simply plait the hair up your bottom. Geez...........

ah sorry to say eh... but this don't mean a damn thing if you really familiar with what passes for journalism in TnT.

Yours Truly,
I was being sarcastic....the point I was trying to make is that you are coming across as just as useless as most of the "journalists" we have in T&T.....

Hush nah... how allyuh "disrespecting" Trini journalism so?

To paraphrase the saying... better to remain idle and have the nation think your profession is shambolic, than log on to the internet and remove all doubt.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:37:08 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, I maybe useless in some ways, but I respect your view.

I really brought up some old articles on the issue, from another angle, and it was cool until two chaps decided to label me as a TTFF stooge, which I took umbrage to.

But I have already stated my view on this topic, not everyone will like it, but I'm entitled to my views, and so are you.... and I'll respect your view nonetheless.

Hate tuh beat ah dead horse... but the whole "inattention to detail" thing again.  I believe Babalawo was the only man accused yuh of being Shaun Fuentes... but thanks for playing all the same.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Bake and Shark is talking to ONE person and saying ALLYUH... which means more than one, plural. Is this is what passes for academics? Dunce aplenty.

Anyway, I will hush when I want, it's my mouth and I can say what I please, and write what I please, and picture what I please, and be paid for it; and get access to the same newsmakers you have to pay to see (if your pittance allow you to).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bake and Shark is talking to ONE person and saying ALLYUH... which means more than one, plural. Is this is what passes for academics? Dunce aplenty.

Anyway, I will hush when I want, it's my mouth and I can say what I please, and write what I please, and picture what I please, and be paid for it; and get access to the same newsmakers you have to pay to see (if your pittance allow you to).

Wheyy... lol.  You more dotish than I tort fella... but anyways, doh let me get in the way of you revelling in your mediocrity.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LOL

Horse if you can't keep up, no need to resort to petty insults.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Hush nah... how allyuh "disrespecting" Trini journalism so?

To paraphrase the saying... better to remain idle and have the nation think your profession is shambolic, than log on to the internet and remove all doubt.
YoutsTruly, I never see ah bowler get lash like this  :devil:
ball lorse, match dun dun dun

just the basics, reporters in TnT cant get right
spelling man name wrong
listing their team wrongly
and giving just blatant WRONG information

just to name a few deficiencies
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:09:06 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh, one person, more dotish? Revel in mediocrity? Ah boy, as I said, you're not in the media, you know no better, but say what yes, people globally read what I write, on a daily basis, can't say you get such exposure. Anyway, learn to spell, go back and learn Penmanship, and we'll talk. (Still couldn't respond to the allyuh in reference to me, but say what yes).

By the way, I know men eat bake and shark (referring to you), men does eat you? I thought men does eat saltfish (women)?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dis soldier still bowlin' dem kinda full toss this hour of the day....lawd...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh, one person, more dotish? Revel in mediocrity? Ah boy, as I said, you're not in the media, you know no better, but say what yes, people globally read what I write, on a daily basis, can't say you get such exposure. Anyway, learn to spell, go back and learn Penmanship, and we'll talk. (Still couldn't respond to the allyuh in reference to me, but say what yes).

By the way, I know men eat bake and shark (referring to you), men does eat you? I thought men does eat saltfish (women)?

Jackass... the "allyuh" in question was in response and reference to FF and brownsugar and their comments (supporting my own) about journalism in TnT.  I tried to make the point with sublety but apparently that is lost on you and you need to have it beaten over yuh head in order fuh yuh to understand.  Simple English really, but no wonder yuh struggling with it.

btw... how can I demonstrate my Penmanship on the computer... any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:03:44 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Come and beat it for me nah, I waiting patiently. Oh I'm so scared  :rotfl: ;D

T&T players reject Warner offer
Friday, 21 November 2008 08:02 Lasana Liburd (T&T Express)

English barrister Michael Townley and several "Soca Warriors" yesterday rubbished suggestions from FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser Jack Warner that financial settlements were reached with the "majority" of 2006 World Cup players regarding their bonus dispute. The Express can confirm that the TTFF will make payments to World Cup team captain Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy, Dennis Lawrence, Carlos Edwards, Clayton Ince, Jason Scotland and Densill Theobald, who were not a part of the legal action taken against the body.

Thirty-two-year-old Scotland-based defender Marvin Andrews, who has been without a club since May, has broken ranks with the rebels and would settle, while there is speculation that Scotland First Division winger Collin Samuel will do likewise.

But the remaining 14 squad members, according to Townley, are "prepared to stand the course" and rejected a sum understood to be $186,000 (US$30,000) per player.

Townley's clients are Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Ian Cox, Cyd Gray, Atiba Charles, Brent Sancho, Avery John, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones and Stern John.

The TTFF have been at odds with 16 players from their 23-man World Cup squad since October 2006 when they offered $5,644.08 each to the players, who were verbally promised half of all revenue from the country's Germany adventure.

Most of the Warriors refused and hired Townley who led them to a victory over the TTFF in the London-based Sports Dispute Resolution Panel in May 2008.

The arbitration body ordered the TTFF to open their accounts for scrutiny, so as to ascertain what the players are owed, but Warner attempted to offset their judgment as he met with several World Cup players at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Port of Spain on Monday and told the media, two days later, that the dispute was over.

"We have come to the dawn of a new era through the initiative of Peter O' Connor...to settle the outstanding dispute since 2006," said Warner, on Wednesday. "Today we have done just that and we have agreed to a settlement out-of-court figure, which the majority of players have agreed to and which sum we shall pay today or in a couple days time."

Govt pumps in $3.25m into FPATT
Wednesday, 07 January 2009 08:43 Kern De Freitas (T&T Express)

Having fumbled for a way through after humble beginnings, the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) can finally afford to stand on their feet. FPATT will benefit from a $3.25 million infusion from the Sport and Youth Affairs Ministry to get operations up and running, FPATT president Shaka Hislop revealed yesterday during a press conference at the Nealco Training Centre on Edward Street, Port of Spain.

The financial boost will pump some life back into the Players Association, which has been dormant due to a lack of funds. It involves annual contributions over the next three year periods, after which Sport Minister Gary Hunt said FPATT must become "self-sufficient and self-reliant".

Hislop, the ex-national goal-keeper, who left the country yesterday after flying in the day before for the press conference, thanked Hunt for, "his support, his vision" and the "financial input from his Ministry".

"Every penny will go back into the game," was Hislop's assurance.

The monies promised for the final two years will be granted to FPATT, "predicated upon the receipt of audited statements", a major criterion Hunt has repeatedly demanded from sport organisations benefitting from the Ministry's generosity.

Yesterday, Hunt paid out the first installment, the sum of $1,500,000 to the players association. For the second year they will receive $1 million, and the final payout will be $750,000.

Among FPATT's immediate agenda will be player mobilisation, "to get the Players Association off the ground" according to Hislop.

"We will be focussing on starting a membership drive and establishing a voice for the players," he said, adding that, "...the only tangible assets in football are the players, so the players must have a voice".

FPATT was formed in 2003, and have been at odds with the T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) over players issues for some time. Still, Hislop said FPATT are not "against" the T&TFF, despite "broad and slanderous statements" being made against the Association:

"FPATT is not against the TTFF. We are just here to give the players a voice in the game. I don't know how that translates to being against the T&TFF. I didn't get that translation."

Asked about the money they received from the Ministry last year, Hislop reported that the sum of $99,000 they got was only a loan, and will be repaid from the funds they received yesterday "with some accrued interest, of course".

He also described as "absolute fallacy" claims that the ongoing arbitration involving members of the 2006 World Cup squad and the T&TFF over World Cup bonuses was being paid for by funds provided by the Government.

Hislop said that FPATT will continue to look after players' interests, and referred to insurance for national players at all levels as an important issue. He pointed to an incident where he claimed the T&TFF had given verbal assurance that there would be insurance for senior national players in February last year.

"Lo and behold, when Kenwyne Jones got injured (in June last year versus England), there was a rather embarrassing exchange of words between Roy Keane and Jack Warner over the lack of insurance for Kenwyne Jones."

FPATT are also planning their AGM, which Hislop said is high on their agenda.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:03:33 PM by YoursTruly »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Yours Truly doh study dem fellahs boy.. dem just hating, lash dem hard!

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dinho, I cool you know, as I said, men eat Bake and Shark, so I don't know if he admitting that his orientation is in question (Like Gladiator - Ricarda Welch) so, to camouflage it, he just have to lash out at people (like me, who don't benefit by his funding to survive).

I making a dollar now by the way, he maybe worrying if he'll get a CEPEP contract in a few hours time (looking at the election trends).

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dis soldier still bowlin' dem kinda full toss this hour of the day....lawd...

I waitin for SLIM & DiamondTrim to come troo for the 3 day test match
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Weey sah...I eh think ah see anybody get beatdown like this before....all kinda how..and still persisting. Talk bout kicks.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Weey sah...I eh think ah see anybody get beatdown like this before....all kinda how..and still persisting. Talk bout kicks.

De an truly make sHotta12 look like a quitter.. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

truetrini

Re: TTFF APPEAL AGAIN
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2010, 02:18:20 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/TTFF_APPEAL_AGAIN-102681019.html

Warner tackles judge over World Cup bonus payments
By Lasana Liburd

Story Created: Sep 11, 2010 at 2:28 AM ECT

(Story Updated: Sep 11, 2010 at 2:28 AM ECT )

Undeterred by legal defeats before the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel (SDRP) and the Port of Spain High Court, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), guided by special adviser, Minister of Works and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, is attempting to use the courts for a third time to deny bonuses to 13 of their 2006 World Cup players.

On Monday morning, the TTFF served notice of appeal to the High Court. The three lawyers listed for the TTFF are British Queen's Counsel William McCormick, Kelvin Ramkissoon and Om Lalla.

The appeal seeks to nullify the judgment of Acting Justice Devindra Rampersad who, on July 29 ordered the TTFF to honour their bonus agreement to the "Soca Warriors" and also pay legal costs for the players, which is expected to be in excess of $3 million. The TTFF are also obliged to allow independent audit of their financial books for the period related to the 2006 World Cup.

The TTFF and president Oliver Camps are formally listed as the defendants. However, Warner is inextricably linked to the case as he personally negotiated World Cup bonuses with the players in November 2005 and financial settlements, years later, while he publicly insisted upon a right to continue the legal battle in the light of Rampersad's judgment in July.

McCormick and Lalla both also represented Warner in May when he was sued by former UNC financier Krishna Lalla for an alleged debt of $13,531,095.

In the case of the running legal battle with the footballers—all Chaconia Medal gold winners—McCormick, Lalla and Ramkissoon are challenging Rampersad's ruling on findings of fact and law.

On May 19, 2008, the TTFF were ordered by SDRP arbitrator Ian Mill QC to pay the Warriors "50 per cent of the revenues derived from the 'Road to Germany 2006' campaign". However, the TTFF attempted to block the judgment on the grounds that a Trinidad Guardian article written by Francis Joseph and published on May 20, 2008 was in breach of the arbitration's confidentiality agreement.

The TTFF and the players accused each other of the leak and the source remains undetermined. Joseph is now Warner's employee at the Ministry of Works, while the Trinidad Guardian repeatedly refused to clarify the matter.

Rampersad did not believe it mattered much.

"The post-award disclosures of the award itself would not raise the mischief against which the confidentiality provisions were directed," stated Rampersad. "The surrounding circumstances of the confidentiality obligation very strongly indicate just how otiose the Defendants' claim to confidentiality is at this point."

He ordered both parties to meet again on September 23 to determine legal costs.

But the TTFF's legal team refuses to concede and listed eight grounds of appeal, including that Rampersad "was wrong in law to order that the Defendants' application be dismissed and that the High Court proceed to take an account as to any sum due to the Claimants" and "the Learned Judge misdirected himself as to the law applicable to deciding whether the breaches complained of were repudiatory".

Michael Townley, the players' London-based solicitor, felt it instructive that the TTFF are no longer debating whether they owes their players.

"It's easy to lose sight of what the TTFF is not saying," said Townley. "Ever since Mr Mill, the arbitrator, found that there had been a binding contract to pay the players, the TTFF has never disputed this finding… The TTFF are not disputing that it made the agreement but just saying that arbitration no longer suits them.

"It's shocking that any national football federation can behave like this. FIFA members are governed by a code of ethics and not paying your debts is generally considered unethical… Yet all they have ever done since they made that commitment is avoided paying, using every delay tactic they can think of."

Townley is trying to determine whether the TTFF have a right of appeal. The players are represented locally by George Hislop—father of World Cup player and ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop—and Dave De Peiza.

"I am investigating with my T&T colleagues whether the appeal is admissible at all," Townley told the Express. "It would be out of time in the English courts and also they would need permission from a judge to even make an appeal here. I don't know the exact procedural requirements of the T&T courts and we are looking first into that aspect."

Ramkissoon, attorney for the TTFF, refused to discuss the appeal or even confirm its existence, while Lalla and Warner could not be reached for comment.

TTFF president Camps said he was in no position to discuss the case.

Five years since a bonus agreement was reached between Warner and the Warriors and two court judgments later, the TTFF are expected to pay more than $3 million in legal costs to their former star players and, almost certainly, an even larger figure to their own army of lawyers as well as to satisfy the bonus agreement. The football body is funded in large part by the Trinidad and Tobago government, while it is also aided by a few local and international sponsors and a FIFA grant.

Camps refused to be specific when asked how the organisation could afford such a prolonged and expensive case.

"Whatever funds we have, we use from it," said Camps. "We don't enjoy having something like this. It doesn't make sense and it is costly. We made an offer (to the players) which we thought was reasonable.

"We, as a football federation, do not like this and wish it never happened but there is nothing we can do about it."

Two judges—one British and one Trinidad and Tobago citizen—have already ordered the TTFF to pay up and open their accounting books. The football body, advised by Warner, is seeking a third opinion.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm just really interested in what they're trying to achieve. Lets say the judge upholds the appeal. Yes there was a breach in confidentiality. But who by? If TTFF have evidence its the players, why didn't they bring it forward? If there is no evidence, then there is no case. But even if there is evidence (which there won't be), it doesn't effect the ruling. So all that can be done is to rebuke the players and maybe even fine them for contempt. And TTFF will still have to pay. Remember, they are not arguing about the judgement.

Its like a guy scores a goal with a possibility of offside with the last kick of the game. The player takes off his shirt to celebrate. The opposition surround the ref and demand that the player is booked for taking off his shirt. Ref says it doesn't matter coz final whistle has blown. They're not arguing about the offside!! So the scorer may get booked, but what difference does it make to the result??  (Ok, technically in this scenario the game would have to restart before the final whistle...but you get my point?)

TTFFs case is further weakened because the guy who wrote the article and refuses to reveal his source now works for Jack! I am trusting that the judge will just see this as what it is. A malicious delaying tactic that will resolve nothing. The ruling has been made. Show us the money!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Its a delay until the TTFF get money from the under 17 WC.

Then they go use that money to pay the players.

and hopefully....with the change remaining.....get a decent coach in time for the Digi Cup.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Its a delay until the TTFF get money from the under 17 WC.

Then they go use that money to pay the players.

and hopefully....with the change remaining.....get a decent coach in time for the Digi Cup.

Wish it was so eazyyyy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UPDATE RE: WARRIORS LAWSUIT
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
D TTFF say they did not have time to walk with documents re: funds. The judge will be making a final decison in Nov 26th I tink. D jokey appeal they file has not stop this judge from doing his job. When I speak directly 2 d attorney I will confirm d date re final decision.

Moderators please merge 2morrow
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE RE: WARRIORS LAWSUIT
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
World Cup bonus dispute adjourned again.
By Lasana Liburd (T&T Express).

Players put spotlight on Warner, Camps.

Thirteen aggrieved "Soca Warriors" face another delay in the local courts after the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) were yesterday granted an extension in the ongoing 2006 World Cup bonus dispute at a closed-door hearing at the Port of Spain High Court.

Acting Justice Devindra Rampersad gave the local football body until October 15, 2010 to respond to the players' submissions, while he will rule on the way forward on November 26, 2010.

The footballers, who are represented by English lawyer Michael Townley and locals George Hislop and Dave De Peiza, filed submissions on August 30, 2010 as the first step in receiving judgment for World Cup bonuses which were awarded to them by the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel (SDRP) in May 2008. The arbitration body's decision was upheld by the local High Court in July 2010.

TTFF special adviser and Minister of Works and Transport Jack Warner promised the Warriors 50 per cent of all revenues derived from the team's qualification for the 2006 World Cup but, four years on, they are yet to agree on a figure and the players have demanded an independent audit.

The World Cup players involved in the legal action are Kenwyne Jones, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Avery John, Brent Sancho, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen and Stern John.

Townley alleged that the legal team for the defendants came to yesterday's hearing unprepared to respond to the submissions, while the issue is further complicated by an appeal lodged by the TTFF on September 6, 2010.

Although there is still no ruling from the Court of Appeal or a stay of proceedings, Rampersad appears to have chosen a cautious approach in granting an extension to the defendants.

"(Lawyers for the TTFF) said they wanted time to appeal the High Court's decision so the Judge felt it would be futile to deal with it now and then possibly have the matter overturned," Hislop (G) told the Express. "We are going to go to the Court of Appeal now to have the matter expedited."

Townley, who flew in from London for yesterday's hearing, described the legal maneuverings as "messy".

"The current situation is procedurally complex," said Townley. "They haven't been given leave to appeal. They have simply appealed… So there is still a question as to whether that appeal is even permissible. In the end, they will run out of procedural tactics."

The TTFF are represented by British barrister William McCormick QC and the local duo of Kelvin Ramkissoon and Om Lalla. Ramkissoon's secretary told the Express that the attorney was "unauthorised" to discuss "the matter with Warner".

The players' submission consists of four main points.

They are requesting access to "a full set of accounts" regarding the 2006 World Cup, as granted by the SDRP. This includes not only access to the TTFF's accounts but also to accounts of "every company that Warner or (TTFF president Oliver) Camps controlled or had any influence over" during that period.

The players also want Warner and the TTFF to disclose "all contracts relating to the items that are entered on the accounts".

In July, Rampersad awarded legal costs to the World Cup players for the TTFF's High Court action and they have also submitted a bill for an estimated $500,000.

More significantly, the Warriors requested an interim payment of US$3 million (TT$19.3 million) from the TTFF while the High Court determines exactly what the players are owed.

The interim figure is based on a Freedom of Information Act request, in 2007, which revealed that the TTFF earned in excess of $180 million from World Cup qualification, exclusive of gate receipts and broadcast and television rights.

"When you ask for an interim payment before there has been a final look at the accounts, you are always asking for the court to indulge you," said Townley. "But by all accounts, we are going to receive a sum well above this. Still, in order to make it easier for the court, we want to make the requested figure so completely reasonable that their argument will have no basis at all.

"Because we know they will argue everything."

Sancho, who is now the CEO of T&T Pro League outfit DirecTV North East Stars, was at yesterday's court proceedings, along with Ma Pau defender Cyd Gray and ex-WConnection defender Atiba Charles. The players remain frustrated but optimistic.

"Obviously I am a little bit disappointed because it keeps continuing on," said Sancho. "But I think there is not much room for them to continue to delay this because the Judge seems adamant that this will end on November 26."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:52:15 AM by Flex »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE RE: WARRIORS LAWSUIT
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2010, 03:47:57 AM »
HMMMM......The governments slogan is.......Justice on time. Guess 4 years and counting is on time????

1]; } ?>