June 04, 2024, 11:08:37 AM

Author Topic: Kamla Persad-Bissessar Thread.  (Read 207834 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Kamla:- I NEED MY SISTER
« Reply #660 on: March 23, 2012, 08:50:59 AM »
All over facebok the talk is dat black people makin chirren all over and abandon dem and dey committing crime and have no family values.....

in the morning program on cnc3 he emphasized that it was an aspect of indian family life and society will do well to return to those values..
i see he didnt repeat it in the post cabinet press conference...
This is just like when the Prime Minister tried to touch the feet of the Indian President it was seen as appropriate and in keeping with Hindu tradition. It is worth noting that Her Excellency Patil immediately spotted the faux pas and stopped the PM from embarrassing both States.

I am reminded of this Interview from 2010.
Interview of the month: Winston Dookeran “THERE IS SO MUCH TO LEARN FROM INDIA”
http://www.indiaempire.com/v1/2010/May/WINSTON_DOOKERAN.asp
Please explain to us why the Indian identity in the West Indies remained subverted for years, and the Caribbean largely became known as a place made up of Africans, even though East Indian majority was established through indentureship in many of the countries?

There are two reasons. The power structure in the country did not facilitate the plurality of the political voices. My name is Winston, I was named so by my parents as it allowed me entry to an English school. My grandson’s name is Dhruv, and those things do not matter anymore. The structure of society was such, that is why identity became a big issue. The Indians saw themselves as victims, not shapers of society, and the Africans captured political power. They felt they had the power of the state. What is required now for the Indian community is to be the legitimate shaper of the New Society. When we talk about Indian identity, we need to talk in terms of Caribbean identity. The time has come when the Indian community must now shape the society for all so that they can offer that leadership.

This is the second time the government has labelled what was either highly inappropriate or in this case an abuse of power to be consistent with Hindu/Indian values and tradition. Kamla's drunken indiscretion is running amok. It seems laughable what Suruj is saying but there is a clear mood that my tribe will accept it and my media machine will help spin it for me.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 23, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
Maybe its just a throw back to the close knit nature of Indo-Trini families where they all live very close to each other...almost on the same property.

Plus the sisters now return from abroad....cyar expect dem to find a place of their own so fast. And de PM's residence empty..so why not? It eh supposed to be permanent.

Apparently I give dem a excuse.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 23, 2012, 01:07:05 PM »
Maybe its just a throw back to the close knit nature of Indo-Trini families where they all live very close to each other...almost on the same property.

Plus the sisters now return from abroad....cyar expect dem to find a place of their own so fast. And de PM's residence empty..so why not? It eh supposed to be permanent.

:D  yuh know when yuh type dat a coupe days ago I remember thinkin to myself, that could come across as a lil prejudiced/racist or wuhever in 2012

I cyah believe kamla camp actually use that reasoning as a defence
too funny
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 23, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

:D  yuh know when yuh type dat a coupe days ago I remember thinkin to myself, that could come across as a lil prejudiced/racist or wuhever in 2012

I cyah believe kamla camp actually use that reasoning as a defence
too funny

Well according to Suruj.....I most probably was paying them a compliment.

Now while I would admit I eh hear the actual statement.....what I have heard widely reported is that it is being justified by him in the manner of it being due to the close knit nature of the family.

All I coulda find really was a 24 second clip where Rambachan described the PM's family oriented nature (going to her Phillipine home on weekends to spend time with grandchildren etc.)

And I now come across dis article:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Suruj__defends__the_PM-143917216.html

So now I asking:

We taking that as the reason then?

Because I thought the PM said "They visit from time to time"? Does this mean if she goes Phillipine on weekends...that she stays in the PM's official residence during the week..when they "visit from time to time?" If she does...does that mean she changed her mind from not residing there as promised? Or do the relatives "visit" the residence "from time to time"?  If true..then is Rambachan saying then that they actually stay and he doh see an issue with that.....but he's actually misinformed because they dont stay according to the PM and just "visit from time to time"

Curiouser and curiouser. And if this eh true......why the Mirror eh get threatened or hit with legal action yet? No legal challenge whatsoever to something that is a brazen lie?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:27:17 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 23, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
Like REAL elements conspiring to elevate my blood pressure. I skimming through today's Guardian. See a notice for collection of uncashed cheques on page A25. Didnt take it on cause I doh have no money to collect. But due to an ability to read quickly I see things at just a passing glance. Guess who name under the office of the PM....Second column.....second name.

:-\

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2012, 06:28:57 PM »
Was wondering if I woulda be the only one to pick up on it.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-03-25/pm%E2%80%99s-sister-receives-taxpayers%E2%80%99-dollars

e
PM’s sister receives taxpayers’ dollars

The Parliamentary Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Communications was caught off guard yesterday, expressing shock that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s sister Vidwati Newton has been listed as a payee to receive a government cheque.

Questioned yesterday as to how Newton’s name ended up in the advertisement by the ministry relating to uncashed cheques, Nicole Dyer-Griffith said: “I am not aware of the advertisement. I have not seen the listing. It was placed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Communications? Even if I sourced the document, I am not in a position to speak or give any further information as to why she has an uncashed cheque.”

However, Dyer-Griffith contacted Sunday Guardian last night indicating that she had been advised that the uncashed cheque was a per diem. The advertisement was published by the ministry on March 23, informing payees that uncashed cheques for the period October 2010 to September 2011 become void after March 31. Newton’s name appeared on the list as a payee of an uncashed cheque issued by the Office of the Prime Minister.

The advertisement also listed payees with uncashed cheques from the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Communications. However, payees who have encashed the cheques were asked to disregard the notice. In an interview last year Persad-Bissessar said her sister was not paid at the expense of taxpayers.   

However, following queries by the Opposition on whether Newton was paid a salary, Persad-Bissessar admitted that her sister was paid a per diem as her travel assistant. Commenting on the development yesterday, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley accused the Prime Minister of telling untruths regarding payments made to her sister.

“It is clear that the Prime Minister was being less than forthright and truthful when she went out of her way to explain to the nation that her sister was not accessing public money and she was sharing her money with her,” Rowley said. The Diego Martin West MP said the advertisements raised several questions that warranted immediate answers.

“The statement now has to be questioned given that it is clear that the cheque was made out to her sister. Someone gave instructions for her to get paid because she was on the payroll since 2010. These questions demand answers,” Rowley said. When Sunday Guardian contacted Newton yesterday, a woman who answered her cellular phone, said: “Ms Newton is indisposed and I do not know when you can call back.”

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 25, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »
Like REAL elements conspiring to elevate my blood pressure. I skimming through today's Guardian. See a notice for collection of uncashed cheques on page A25. Didnt take it on cause I doh have no money to collect. But due to an ability to read quickly I see things at just a passing glance. Guess who name under the office of the PM....Second column.....second name.

:-\

Friend u lettin dem raise yuh pressure. Sit down buckle down and enjoy d ride.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #667 on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
Notice the Address too!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla Persad-Bissessar first 100-days.
« Reply #668 on: May 18, 2012, 05:11:44 AM »
Aye PP supporters....two years gone. How yuh feel??  Is it ok to criticise now or we still need to give them more time?? 

WRONG TIME TO FETE
Abdulah hits out as Partnership Government plans 2nd year anniversary rally, but Rambachan says 'coalition' politics
By Renuka Singh

The Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) yesterday sought to distance its party from the planned coalition second anniversary celebrations on May 24.
Party leader David Abdulah yesterday issued a signed statement yesterday saying it was "inappropriate for the Partnership to have a celebratory rally at a time when there were so many crucial issues facing the country".

Abdulah's response was triggered by full-page advertisements in yesterday's daily papers which Abdulah said appeared even after he did not commit to appearing at the event or speaking on the platform.
" In a media report dated Monday May 14th, I publicly indicated the MSJ's position as 'the Government needs to focus on the key issues affecting the people and that is more important than a celebratory type rally'. I also then stated that 'we will make our position publicly known at an appropriate time," he said.
"Despite stating that position at the last Leadership meeting on Tuesday May 8, we note the full page advertisements in today's (yesterday's) press regarding our attendance at the rally," he said.
The Express learned that the party went one step further yesterday and requested that Abdulah's image be removed from the advertisements for the planned second anniversary rally.
Party public relations officer (PRO) Gregory Fernandez said it was "not ethical" that Abdulah's picture be in the advertisements given the party's noncommittal at this time.
"Given that there we have not made a final decision," he said.
This is the latest move by the MSJ to distance itself from inter-coalition politics. They are the only party to make a public statement about the rally.

Congress of the People chairman Joseph Toney yesterday attended a planning session with United National Congress (UNC) chairman Works Minister Jack Warner.
Toney has said that party leader Prakash Ramadhar will be attending the rally.
"The MSJ, as a disciplined and democratic political party will announce its decision only after the Party's Activist Council meeting, which is expected to take place within the next several days," Abdulah said.
Abdulah is also expected to make a decision on its relationship with the Partnership after that meeting.
"The MSJ will also be finalising its appraisal exercise on whether the Government has seriously addressed the issues raised by the MSJ in our Statement of March 11th, 2012," Abdulah said.
The MSJ is expecting to host a media conference on Monday to make several announcements about the way forward within the Partnership.

Senior members of Warner's camp yesterday denied any knowledge of this new MSJ move, while UNC deputy political leader, Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal yesterday texted "no comment" in response to questions on the issue.

Several attempts to reach Tobago Organisation for the People (TOP) leader Ashworth Jack were futile.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/WRONG_TIME__TO_FETE-151982215.html
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 18, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »
Aye PP supporters....two years gone. How yuh feel??  Is it ok to criticise now or we still need to give them more time?? 

WRONG TIME TO FETE
Abdulah hits out as Partnership Government plans 2nd year anniversary rally, but Rambachan says 'coalition' politics
By Renuka Singh

The Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) yesterday sought to distance its party from the planned coalition second anniversary celebrations on May 24.
Party leader David Abdulah yesterday issued a signed statement yesterday saying it was "inappropriate for the Partnership to have a celebratory rally at a time when there were so many crucial issues facing the country".

Abdulah's response was triggered by full-page advertisements in yesterday's daily papers which Abdulah said appeared even after he did not commit to appearing at the event or speaking on the platform.
" In a media report dated Monday May 14th, I publicly indicated the MSJ's position as 'the Government needs to focus on the key issues affecting the people and that is more important than a celebratory type rally'. I also then stated that 'we will make our position publicly known at an appropriate time," he said.
"Despite stating that position at the last Leadership meeting on Tuesday May 8, we note the full page advertisements in today's (yesterday's) press regarding our attendance at the rally," he said.
The Express learned that the party went one step further yesterday and requested that Abdulah's image be removed from the advertisements for the planned second anniversary rally.
Party public relations officer (PRO) Gregory Fernandez said it was "not ethical" that Abdulah's picture be in the advertisements given the party's noncommittal at this time.
"Given that there we have not made a final decision," he said.
This is the latest move by the MSJ to distance itself from inter-coalition politics. They are the only party to make a public statement about the rally.

Congress of the People chairman Joseph Toney yesterday attended a planning session with United National Congress (UNC) chairman Works Minister Jack Warner.
Toney has said that party leader Prakash Ramadhar will be attending the rally.
"The MSJ, as a disciplined and democratic political party will announce its decision only after the Party's Activist Council meeting, which is expected to take place within the next several days," Abdulah said.
Abdulah is also expected to make a decision on its relationship with the Partnership after that meeting.
"The MSJ will also be finalising its appraisal exercise on whether the Government has seriously addressed the issues raised by the MSJ in our Statement of March 11th, 2012," Abdulah said.
The MSJ is expecting to host a media conference on Monday to make several announcements about the way forward within the Partnership.

Senior members of Warner's camp yesterday denied any knowledge of this new MSJ move, while UNC deputy political leader, Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal yesterday texted "no comment" in response to questions on the issue.

Several attempts to reach Tobago Organisation for the People (TOP) leader Ashworth Jack were futile.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/WRONG_TIME__TO_FETE-151982215.html

Nah is only 2 yrs d honeymoon still on.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 21, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
D Good lady in hospital and not a post SMHHHHHHHH

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:51 PM »
She aint going to no more fete again.

C News Live

Acting PM Jack Warner's statement on PM's hospitalisation in Barbados:

"Ladies and gentlemen, fellow citizens, I have just been advised that the Honourable Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago has been admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. Just prior to her admission I spoke with the Honourable Prime Minister who assured me that she would rally through. At this point in time the Prime Minister is undergoing a battery of tests. I have advised the Prime Minister's family of the situation and have promised to keep them updated as further reports come in. I have made contact with the Prime Minister of Barbados who has assured me that he would do everything possible to ensure her comfort and care. On behalf of the nation I wish to express our gratitude to the Honourable Prime Minister of Barbados for his kind assurances and support. Further bulletins will be made available to the nation as reports on the Prime Minister's condition become available. I join with the nation in extending our sincerest wishes for the Prime Minister's speedy recovery."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:04:40 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
A A.......what is this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
A A.......what is this.

So d 10 0clock news goin and strt lets c what is d latest

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 21, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
As expected much ado bout nutten she discharge and comin home 2mor.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 21, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
ALLYUH SEE WHY SHE  NEED A TRAVEL ASSISTANT NURSE TO GO ABROAD WITH SHE? STEUPS!!!!

You kno wha dis could mean? If anyting happen to tanty kams.....Jack could be PM!!

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »
She aint going to no more fete again.

C News Live

Acting PM Jack Warner's statement on PM's hospitalisation in Barbados:

"Ladies and gentlemen, fellow citizens, I have just been advised that the Honourable Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago has been admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. Just prior to her admission I spoke with the Honourable Prime Minister who assured me that she would rally through. At this point in time the Prime Minister is undergoing a battery of tests. I have advised the Prime Minister's family of the situation and have promised to keep them updated as further reports come in. I have made contact with the Prime Minister of Barbados who has assured me that he would do everything possible to ensure her comfort and care. On behalf of the nation I wish to express our gratitude to the Honourable Prime Minister of Barbados for his kind assurances and support. Further bulletins will be made available to the nation as reports on the Prime Minister's condition become available. I join with the nation in extending our sincerest wishes for the Prime Minister's speedy recovery."

kindah sound like Abu Bakr taking over the country.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2012, 10:42:47 PM »
That Mount Gay and Cockspur rum does fu*k up yuh system. Next time walk wid yuh Puncheon woman :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 22, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »
ALLYUH SEE WHY SHE  NEED A TRAVEL ASSISTANT NURSE TO GO ABROAD WITH SHE? STEUPS!!!!

You kno wha dis could mean? If anyting happen to tanty kams.....Jack could be PM!!

Boy that thought crossed my mind last night.....that's some scary shit right there   :nailbiting: :nailbiting:....ah mean yuh hear bout the files that a "petty thief" took from the SIA compound??  Along with $2 million in computer and office equipment.  Now the interesting thing is the files are on Jack and it occured while he is acting PM and Head of the National Security Council.  Now, is probably the conspiracy theorist in mih and mih strong, strong dislike for Jackula......but hhhhhhhmmmmm...... :thinking:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
Hmmm, got conflicting thoughts concerning Kamla. I do believe the PP government is doing a superb job of promoting T&T industry overseas and is working hard to develop new industries.

However, I am a little cynical about some of Kamla's actions.

The MSJ basically pull out of the partnership, but the news is overshadowed by Kamla's illness. Now, this illness was not diagnosed by tests in Barbados and apparently is due to exhaustion. And Mr Warner then says that this could have been avoided if Kamla had a travel assistant. So, this illness kills two birds: it takes MSJ off the front page and justifies Kamla's sister travelling overseas. Clever.

Similarly, when the story broke about Kamla's sister on 25th April, Kamla suddenly announced the withdrawal from the Privy Council, even though the Cabinet were not even aware it was to be announced!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »
Hmmm, got conflicting thoughts concerning Kamla. I do believe the PP government is doing a superb job of promoting T&T industry overseas and is working hard to develop new industries.

However, I am a little cynical about some of Kamla's actions.

The MSJ basically pull out of the partnership, but the news is overshadowed by Kamla's illness. Now, this illness was not diagnosed by tests in Barbados and apparently is due to exhaustion. And Mr Warner then says that this could have been avoided if Kamla had a travel assistant. So, this illness kills two birds: it takes MSJ off the front page and justifies Kamla's sister travelling overseas. Clever.

Similarly, when the story broke about Kamla's sister on 25th April, Kamla suddenly announced the withdrawal from the Privy Council, even though the Cabinet were not even aware it was to be announced!

Yeah they track record doh help.

She take in sick...so sick to warrant a press conference to be called by the Acting PM. Get discharge de next day...no diagnosis....so what was her chief complaint that caused her to take in sick in the first place?

Buh we hadda be as dotish as they feel we are. Cause we taking it.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »

Boy that thought crossed my mind last night.....that's some scary shit right there   :nailbiting: :nailbiting:....ah mean yuh hear bout the files that a "petty thief" took from the SIA compound??  Along with $2 million in computer and office equipment.  Now the interesting thing is the files are on Jack and it occured while he is acting PM and Head of the National Security Council.  Now, is probably the conspiracy theorist in mih and mih strong, strong dislike for Jackula......but hhhhhhhmmmmm...... :thinking:

That bastillion of integrity and decency would never have anything to do with that. In fact...if that computer just had files on Jack....then it must have been brand new because he has never done anything to have files on..thus warranting its theft.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 22, 2012, 09:50:41 PM »
I hear she get sick because she break d FA agreement. Fernandes and Angostura

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 22, 2012, 10:34:32 PM »

That bastillion of integrity and decency would never have anything to do with that. In fact...if that computer just had files on Jack....then it must have been brand new because he has never done anything to have files on..thus warranting its theft.

Sandy saying the stolen PC's were unused and the files were not confidential, just administration.  :bs: And just to recap, the planned event that caused the SOE would make 1990 look like a tea party.  :bs: And the Tooth Fairy really exists.  :bs:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 23, 2012, 05:03:34 AM »
Sandy: No classified info in stolen computers
By Joel Julien

TWO computers, one unused and another containing administrative information, were stolen from the Arima facility of the Strategic Intelligence Agency (SIA), National Security Minister John Sandy has confirmed.

Sandy made the statement yesterday as he addressed members of the media following the official commemoration of the country's 50th Independence Anniversary celebrations at the National Academy for the Performing Arts (NAPA) in Port of Spain.

Sandy was responding to a report in the TnT Mirror published on May 20, which claimed all of the SIA's "records, including surveillance equipment and computers totalling $2 million were stolen".

"There was a break-in and there was also a most erroneous and irresponsible report in the press, most of which is false," Sandy said.

"One of the areas spoke of a $2 million loss. There is nothing like that. One of the areas spoke of security information and classified information. Absolutely untrue, totally false," he said.

"Two unused computers were stolen, one carries administrative information—nothing to do with any classified information, nothing to do with any operations on the unit whatsoever. And I found it was totally, totally, totally, irresponsible of that newspaper to do something like that," Sandy said.

A release from the National Security Ministry yesterday said the break-in is currently being investigated by police.

"A break-in at one of the ministry's external locations occurred and is currently the subject of police investigations and therefore the ministry is not in a position to disclose any further details on this on-going matter," the release stated.

"The ministry, however, will like to state categorically, that any stolen item did not contain any highly sensitive and confidential data and all reports to the contrary are erroneous," the release stated.

"Further, the statements in the article alleging that stolen files contained records on the Honourable Jack Warner, Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West and Minister of Works and Infrastructure are entirely false."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Sandy__No__classified_info_in_stolen_computers-152839765.html
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 23, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »

Sandy saying the stolen PC's were unused and the files were not confidential, just administration.  :bs: And just to recap, the planned event that caused the SOE would make 1990 look like a tea party.  :bs: And the Tooth Fairy really exists.  :bs:

Nah, nah that last part is not BS.....the tooth fairy really exists.....well I'm hoping so because I need someone/party to vote for next election....tooth fairy, easter bunny, santa claus......dem fellas will get my vote next time so dey better organise fast, fast....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #686 on: May 23, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »
MISSING SISTER
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/MISSING__SISTER-152839965.html

By Ria Taitt Political Editor
May 22, 2012
Did the absence of Vidwatie Newton, sister and travel assistant to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, lead to her falling ill during her hectic trip to four countries?

This was the strong suggestion of Housing Minister Roodal Moonilal yesterday.

Newton, who is a qualified nurse, has accompanied the Prime Minister on many of her overseas assignments since July 2010.

However, Newton did not travel with Persad-Bissessar on her most recent trip and the Prime Minister fell ill during the Caricom-Mexico Summit and had to be admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Bridgetown, Barbados, on Monday.

She later discharged herself from the hospital after a number of medical tests were conducted on her at the hospital. She returned to her hotel room and flew back to Trinidad yesterday.

Persad-Bissessar arrived at the Piarco International Airport at around noon and was airlifted by helicopter to a helipad near the San Fernando General Hospital around 1.20 p.m.

She boarded her official vehicle and was taken to her family's home, where her husband Dr Gregory Bissessar and other relatives were gathered.

Persad-Bissessar smiled and gave a thumbs-up sign as her vehicle passed media photographers.

The Express was told she was accompanied by a medical doctor.

Persad-Bissessar hugged her husband and relatives before going into the house. She then walked onto a balcony and waved at reporters gathered outside her gate.

The Express was later told that Persad-Bissessar was tired and resting.

Speaking with the Express by phone, Moonilal strongly suggested there was a correlation between Newton's absence and Persad-Bissessar's illness and that the Prime Minister needed her sister during her overseas assignments.

He told the Express last night: "I observe that this is one of the few trips in which her sister, Miss Newton, did not travel with her. And this trip was very hectic. It was to Panama, Belize, New York, Barbados and Port of Spain, all in less than a week, attending meetings.

"It was one of the few occasions that Ms Newton did not go with her and I am wondering whether her illness had anything to do with this failure, of not having people around her to manage her, not only her preparation (for functions), but also to ensure that she is taking her medication, eating on time, and preparing her, given her needs.

"And we (the Government) would have to assess this because notwithstanding the Opposition's view, we would have to look at this. Ms Newton plays a critical role as a travel assistant."

It has been argued the Prime Minister needs that kind of personal assistant as a woman.

And Moonilal agreed with this view.

"There is a reality here, a woman leader ... has to organise make-up, hair. A man is just a shower and a jacket and tie. And (furthermore) she is hustling and forgets to eat, forgets to take tablets and so on," he said.

Newton is responsible for the Prime Minister's diet, medication, exercise, wardrobe and other health-related and personal issues, Persad-Bissessar said in March of this year.

"This support is provided on a continuous basis literally, as and when required," she added.

The Prime Minister has also pointed out she had the option of formally employing Newton, as a member of her personal staff, but refused to do so "to avoid any allegations of nepotism in consequence of which Ms Newton receives no salary from the State".

However, the Prime Minister has been criticised by the Opposition which has been asking questions in the Parliament on a weekly basis with respect to Newton's entitlements as travel assistant, which include first class travel and a per diem allowance.

On the issue of the Prime Minister's current health condition, Moonilal assured she would be well enough to deliver the feature address at the People's Partnership's second anniversary rally in Chaguanas tomorrow.

Moonilal, who along with acting Prime Minister Jack Warner met the Prime Minister at the Piarco International Airport yesterday, said she was at home resting yesterday. He said there was a planning meeting at her Phillipine home later last night at which she was expected to participate.

"Myself and Mr Warner would carry on the (planning) meeting and we believe later in the evening she would attend to bring greetings. ... We expect her to be well for Thursday."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:20 AM »
Just a thought, but maybe Newton is the only person who can administer the correct medication and make Harvey Wallbangers just so?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 23, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »
MISSING SISTER
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/MISSING__SISTER-152839965.html

By Ria Taitt Political Editor
May 22, 2012
Did the absence of Vidwatie Newton, sister and travel assistant to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, lead to her falling ill during her hectic trip to four countries?

This was the strong suggestion of Housing Minister Roodal Moonilal yesterday.

Newton, who is a qualified nurse, has accompanied the Prime Minister on many of her overseas assignments since July 2010.

However, Newton did not travel with Persad-Bissessar on her most recent trip and the Prime Minister fell ill during the Caricom-Mexico Summit and had to be admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Bridgetown, Barbados, on Monday.

She later discharged herself from the hospital after a number of medical tests were conducted on her at the hospital. She returned to her hotel room and flew back to Trinidad yesterday.

Persad-Bissessar arrived at the Piarco International Airport at around noon and was airlifted by helicopter to a helipad near the San Fernando General Hospital around 1.20 p.m.

She boarded her official vehicle and was taken to her family's home, where her husband Dr Gregory Bissessar and other relatives were gathered.

Persad-Bissessar smiled and gave a thumbs-up sign as her vehicle passed media photographers.

The Express was told she was accompanied by a medical doctor.

Persad-Bissessar hugged her husband and relatives before going into the house. She then walked onto a balcony and waved at reporters gathered outside her gate.

The Express was later told that Persad-Bissessar was tired and resting.

Speaking with the Express by phone, Moonilal strongly suggested there was a correlation between Newton's absence and Persad-Bissessar's illness and that the Prime Minister needed her sister during her overseas assignments.

He told the Express last night: "I observe that this is one of the few trips in which her sister, Miss Newton, did not travel with her. And this trip was very hectic. It was to Panama, Belize, New York, Barbados and Port of Spain, all in less than a week, attending meetings.

"It was one of the few occasions that Ms Newton did not go with her and I am wondering whether her illness had anything to do with this failure, of not having people around her to manage her, not only her preparation (for functions), but also to ensure that she is taking her medication, eating on time, and preparing her, given her needs.

"And we (the Government) would have to assess this because notwithstanding the Opposition's view, we would have to look at this. Ms Newton plays a critical role as a travel assistant."

It has been argued the Prime Minister needs that kind of personal assistant as a woman.

And Moonilal agreed with this view.

"There is a reality here, a woman leader ... has to organise make-up, hair. A man is just a shower and a jacket and tie. And (furthermore) she is hustling and forgets to eat, forgets to take tablets and so on," he said.

Newton is responsible for the Prime Minister's diet, medication, exercise, wardrobe and other health-related and personal issues, Persad-Bissessar said in March of this year.

"This support is provided on a continuous basis literally, as and when required," she added.

The Prime Minister has also pointed out she had the option of formally employing Newton, as a member of her personal staff, but refused to do so "to avoid any allegations of nepotism in consequence of which Ms Newton receives no salary from the State".

However, the Prime Minister has been criticised by the Opposition which has been asking questions in the Parliament on a weekly basis with respect to Newton's entitlements as travel assistant, which include first class travel and a per diem allowance.

On the issue of the Prime Minister's current health condition, Moonilal assured she would be well enough to deliver the feature address at the People's Partnership's second anniversary rally in Chaguanas tomorrow.

Moonilal, who along with acting Prime Minister Jack Warner met the Prime Minister at the Piarco International Airport yesterday, said she was at home resting yesterday. He said there was a planning meeting at her Phillipine home later last night at which she was expected to participate.

"Myself and Mr Warner would carry on the (planning) meeting and we believe later in the evening she would attend to bring greetings. ... We expect her to be well for Thursday."

LOOK MOONILAL ....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #689 on: May 23, 2012, 08:10:43 AM »
What was her illness ?

1]; } ?>