April 23, 2024, 01:27:30 PM

Author Topic: Spurs set sights on Hyland  (Read 15652 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs set sights on Hyland
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2010, 04:38:38 AM »

Hyland unhappy with price tag
Belgians scare off Italians with £7million valuation

Khaleem Hyland's agent has accused Zulte Waregem of pricing him out of a move to Italy.

An unnamed Serie A club are believed to have tabled an offer for the Trinidad & Tobago midfielder.

The Italian side have held talks with Zulte, but have been scared off by the Belgian club's £7million valuation of the player.

Hyland's agent, Steve Davies, fears Zulte may be pricing the 20-year-old out of a dream move to Serie A with their valuation, but he remains a confident a deal can be struck.

"I am a bit surprised and disappointed that Zulte value Khaleem at £7million," Davies told skysports.com.

"Although Khaleem is a very good player and will prove a good investment I believe they are trying to price clubs out of a move for him.

"I am disappointed Zulte spoke to the Italian club as we have a verbal understanding that any negotiations will be done with me and me alone.

"I am also not too worried about the price-tag Zulte have on Khaleem as we have clauses in his contract.

"A lot of agents have been ringing me up about Khaleem but it is up to any interested club to contact Zulte and then they will contact me as we have a verbal agreement that they will tell me first if a club has come in for Khaleem and then we will sit down and discuss things."

Never have I seen so much said about a player so few know about, Hyland has a master agent indeed  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:21:58 AM by Flex »

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »
I don't want to say that it's Hyland who is unhappy but rather his agent. He was happy to get Hyland a multi year contract but now is unhappy his client can't move because it will cost him a big commission. We know he's not worth 7 million but the team he's currently with has invested time and money in him and his price tags says NOT FOR SALE.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2010, 01:17:06 PM »
that 7mil price tag have me leaning more to believing its a team like juventus after him.....i could be dead wrong but i just going off the fact that they are looking for quality players and not necessarily household names, hylands age and the position he plays.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
that 7mil price tag have me leaning more to believing its a team like juventus after him.....i could be dead wrong but i just going off the fact that they are looking for quality players and not necessarily household names, hylands age and the position he plays.

actually...i dont believe its juventus...i wud have known by now..besides..our centre midfield is cluttered as is (not necessarily with quality) and plus there is mention of kwadwo asamoah(big player!)...the thing is eh that the transfer directors across serie a have such a good eye for young talent that it cud be anyone of udinese palermo sampdoria genoa cagliari catania...i think its between the first 4....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:09:54 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:12 PM »
One constant in all these articles is that it is only Hyland's agent we hearing from.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2010, 07:38:53 PM »
One constant in all these articles is that it is only Hyland's agent we hearing from.

Because he's still under contract to Zulte Waregem... comments by other agents/team reps likely would run afoul of UEFA's rule against interference... or "tapping up" as it's called.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2010, 12:46:48 AM »

actually...i dont believe its juventus...i wud have known by now..besides..our centre midfield is cluttered as is (not necessarily with quality) and plus there is mention of kwadwo asamoah(big player!)...the thing is eh that the transfer directors across serie a have such a good eye for young talent that it cud be anyone of udinese palermo sampdoria genoa cagliari catania...i think its between the first 4....

Just saw on a pompey board someone asking about him being at zulte and mentioning that it is genoa interested in him. Can't take everything that u read as gospel but if it is true it really would be a nice move for him.
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121219751

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
Duo battle for Hyland
Midfielder weighs up options

..Skysports.com understands a top Italian and Dutch side are battling it out for Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Khaleem Hyland.

Hyland, who came close to moving to England with Portsmouth a couple of years ago, is currently plying his trade in Belgium with Zulte Waregem and he has impressed during his time at the club.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to Italy for the last few weeks, with an unnamed Serie A side expressing an interest in his services.

However, a Dutch side have now entered the race for Hyland's services and the midfielder is now considering his options.

Hyland's agent, Steve Davies, has confirmed sides from Italy and Holland are keen on signing the talented midfielder.

"There has been interest from an Italian club in Khaleem for a while now, but now a Dutch top flight side have expressed an interest in him," Davies told skysports.com.

"I have spoken to the Dutch club and they are very keen on bringing him to Holland.

"We will sit down and discuss Khaleem options before making a decision on his future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6260750,00.html

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2010, 12:23:52 PM »
Earn your money Mr. Davies...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
Duo battle for Hyland
Midfielder weighs up options

..Skysports.com understands a top Italian and Dutch side are battling it out for Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Khaleem Hyland.

Hyland, who came close to moving to England with Portsmouth a couple of years ago, is currently plying his trade in Belgium with Zulte Waregem and he has impressed during his time at the club.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a move to Italy for the last few weeks, with an unnamed Serie A side expressing an interest in his services.

However, a Dutch side have now entered the race for Hyland's services and the midfielder is now considering his options.

Hyland's agent, Steve Davies, has confirmed sides from Italy and Holland are keen on signing the talented midfielder.

"There has been interest from an Italian club in Khaleem for a while now, but now a Dutch top flight side have expressed an interest in him," Davies told skysports.com.

"I have spoken to the Dutch club and they are very keen on bringing him to Holland.

"We will sit down and discuss Khaleem options before making a decision on his future."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6260750,00.html

it depends what erisdive side it is, italy i believe will suit his style alot better and the weather would be better as well. at the end of the day if its rotterdam fc, feyernord, eidhoven then hes safe. :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2010, 05:25:58 AM »
Once the guy gets a good contract and consistent playing time in a top league I'm happy with that. League style is secondary. Whether its the Dutch or Italian league its a step up from Belgium.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
Belgium is a good league for Khaleem, he's proving himself there and i think the teams are probably on the same level as most of the dutch teams. If he stays and has another solid season or a good first half he'll be on his way during the January transfer window. I think he should stay one more season in belgium. He's still young

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Earn your money Mr. Davies...
All our players who need an agent  should sign with him ...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »
dutch league sounding temping.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>