May 28, 2024, 02:53:33 PM

Author Topic: Dimarche Gras Finals 2011  (Read 18874 times)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dimarche Gras Finals 2011
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
The finalist: Stinger,Tigress, Karene Asche, Benjai, Devon Seale, Tameika Darius, Chalkdust, Brian London, Kizzy Ruiz, Cro Cro, Sugar Aloes

Defending Champ Kurt Allen.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: Dimarche Gras Finals 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:09 PM »
The finalist: Stinger,Tigress, Karene Asche, Benjai, Devon Seale, Tameika Darius, Chalkdust, Brian London, Kizzy Ruiz, Cro Cro, Sugar Aloes

Defending Champ Kurt Allen.

AYE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHA HAPPEN TO YOU MAN. THERE'S A THREAD ALREADY ON 2K11 GO HERE:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=52581.30#lastPost

The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 12:53:04 AM »
Performance from Cro Cro to qualify for Finals!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I1sT5ru9OLE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I1sT5ru9OLE</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 06:29:52 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I1sT5ru9OLE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I1sT5ru9OLE</a>

dis song is pure unadulterated, hateful, racist and unintelligent shit...........not what  is needed at dis time............cro cro ah racist pnmtid cuunt hole and d people who endorse dese views should know better, when we go learn trini first coolie and nigger after >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »

dis song is pure unadulterated, hateful, racist and unintelligent shit...........not what  is needed at dis time............cro cro ah racist  pnmtid cuunt hole and d people who endorse dese views should know better, when we go learn trini first coolie and nigger after >:(

Interesting reaction!! Did you listen keenly to what he was saying in his Calypso or you just doh like the man so won’t take the time to listen properly?
In that song Cro Cro is addressing his fellow African brothers & sisters for selling-out their own people and not learning from the example of their Indian brothers and sisters! What wrong with that if he’s speaking the truth?!
I believe T&T is a democracy and he is entitled to say things as he sees it in his calypsoes!

I listened keenly to the song for misinformation and untruths and there is none! If you don't like to hear the uncomfortable truths about T&T society then it obviously you won’t enjoy listening Cro Cro!
If you want to hear something more comfortable then Chalkdust is your man.

Calypso & good calypsonians have always reflected the truths and general views of the people in our society!

The truth may hurt but it is still the truth, whether we choose to sweep it under the carpet or listen to fellas like Cro Cro reveal it to us thru their songs!!

If you want to hang or condemn Cro Cro, then point out where in his calypso is Cro Cro not speaking the truth!
As much as we may not like Cro Cro the individual and rum-drinker, when it comes to calypso and reflecting the truth about T&T society thru the calypso artform the man is ah boss!

Btw Lefty, if as you claim Cro Cro is ah racist then why would he sing a song like this?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Sy0axDeU_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-Sy0axDeU_g</a>

This one he sung way back in 1996 and he's has done many other songs on a similar topic before that and since!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:02:39 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
Let the donkey bray. I don't agree with all what he has to say. i agree with the premise that Afro TT needs to do more self help for their community. But to say we disappointed him by voted out Patrick is crock. Patrick had to f--king go.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
Let the donkey bray. I don't agree with all what he has to say. i agree with the premise that Afro TT needs to do more self help for their community. But to say we disappointed him by voted out Patrick is crock. Patrick had to f--king go.

Cro Cro said he was disappointed but not about that! Listen more keenly again!

The problem is most of us don't listen properly and then we are so quick to condemn!

I don't personally like Cro Cro the rum-drinker but I listened to his song and he never said he was disappointed about that! That's gross misinformation on your part!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:19:09 PM by Socapro »

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:30:15 PM »
Good luck to all the finalist.
Haven't heard any of Kurt Allen songs this year, hope he put in a good defence of his title.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »
My bff comin 2 TNT 4carnival for d 1st time since 1990. She comes home evry yr. Well she is really meh bff. It take 3 days to get tickets 4 Dimache Gras. Fri dey sell out dey allocation. Yday only junior calypso monarch tckts were being sold. Finally got 2day. Y WE SO BACKWARD.

She had meh  :rotfl: she call dem askin if d tckts will b on line as she was able 2 get her insomnia tckts on line. I told her anyting dat involves a govt agency on line is a concept. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »
Haven't heard any of Kurt Allen songs this year, hope he put in a good defence of his title.

Check the Rachel Price thread for two of the possible songs that Kurt Allenn is likely to sing on Sunday!
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=52999.0

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 10:46:21 PM »

Check the Rachel Price thread for two of the possible songs that Kurt Allenn is likely to sing on Sunday!
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=52999.0

Thanks Pro.  :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »

Cro Cro said he was disappointed but not about that! Listen more keenly again!

The problem is most of us don't listen properly and then we are so quick to condemn!

I don't personally like Cro Cro the rum-drinker but I listened to his song and he never said he was disappointed about that! That's gross misinformation on your part!

Please tune into power 102.1FM now! There's a debate going on about the merits of Cro Cro's song!

www.livestream.com/power102fm
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:16:42 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 12:15:35 AM »
National Calypso Monarch Final - Draw for Positions.
Tuesday, 01 March 2011.

MEDIA RELEASE

The Trinbago Unified Calypsonians’ Organisation {TUCO) wishes to announce that the draw for position for the National Calypso Monarch Final will be held on Thursday 03rd March 2011, 12 noon at the Mas Camp Pub {Nu Pub}, Corner Ariapita Avenue and French Street, Woodbrook.

This draw will determine the order of appearance in which the artistes will take the stage at the National Calypso Monarch Final. The top eleven (11} artistes will compete against the reigning Calypso Monarch, Kurt Allen for the title.

The National Calypso Monarch Final is carded for Sunday 06th March 2011, at the Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain commencing at 6:30 PM Sharp.
It is for this reason TUCO wishes to extend an invitation to your event reporter/photographer/camera crew to the draw for position.
We thank you for your continued support.

Yours in Calypso,

Karega Mandela,

Public Relations Officer.

www.tucott.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:17:47 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »
Did anyonse see Heather MIntosh performance and hear her song from the semis ?....I cah believe she did not make final...

anyway Benjai will win with Trini....this Benjai year remind me of the year David Rudder won young kings and Calypso..Benjai about to do the same this year (he may win three titles if he wins Groovy also)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Did anyonse see Heather MIntosh performance and hear her song from the semis ?....I cah believe she did not make final...

anyway Benjai will win with Trini....this Benjai year remind me of the year David Rudder won young kings and Calypso..Benjai about to do the same this year (he may win three titles if he wins Groovy also)

i was shocked she didnt get in d finals. but the commentators were sayin, the judges usually harsh for the first set of performers and heather sang at posittion number two i think.
she had a very good kaiso. a relevant one too.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »

dis song is pure unadulterated, hateful, racist and unintelligent shit...........not what  is needed at dis time............cro cro ah racist pnmtid cuunt hole and d people who endorse dese views should know better, when we go learn trini first coolie and nigger after >:(

Not even after. We have to see our self as Trini and that is all. forget the coolie and nigger  :bs: We can only be a strong little nation when we all work together for the red white and black.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »

Not even after. We have to see our self as Trini and that is all. forget the coolie and nigger  :bs: We can only be a strong little nation when we all work together for the red white and black.

boy much as I would like to see dat happen, I feel dat jus as far beyond us as d basic national pride 98% ah we lackin................I doh tink it have anodder country dat rank as low on d nationalism meter (err...if it had one) dan we
I pity the fool....

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »
Show starts at 6pm

http://www.carnivaltv.net/stream.html
Enjoy.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
I dont always agree with soca pro ,but he right ,infact that song is really tame by cro cros standards .He even right ,eg the part where he says Panday is put on a pinnacle ,while black ppl washing they mouth on Manning ! .Black only like blk ppl but love to drag them down lol .All black leaders should always be kept in a place of predominance ,even after they turn to mere figure heads . 

oh btw tonite is the am what the call it ,i just woke up ....when they making songs ..santimanitay what they call it .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:20:45 PM by Quags »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »
I dont always agree with soca pro ,but he right ,infact that song is really tame by cro cros standards .He even right ,eg the part where he says Panday is put on a pinnacle ,while black ppl washing they mouth on Manning ! .Black only like blk ppl but love to drag them down lol .All black leaders should always be kept in a place of predominance ,even after they turn to mere figure heads . 

dread panday supporters puttin him on a pedestal and not demanding dat he be accountable for the actions of his ministers and himself is what helped bring about his downfall, If we all say as voters, I black he black or Indian he Indian, ah cyar move him den we leaders will continues to play us against each other and dat is how control is maintained.
I pity the fool....

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »
Show starts at 6pm

http://www.carnivaltv.net/stream.html
Enjoy.

6 pm??  Dat early?? 

Remember is King and Queen and Indivdual and all kinda thing before Kaiso.

Ah backing me hoss Kurt Allen to defend his title.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago Calypso MONARCH Finals 2011 lineup (Sunday 6th March)
Order of appearance for the Finalists on Dimanche Gras
1.   Weston Rawlins – Cro Cro (Compare & Contrast / Kamlie)
2.   Kizzy Ruiz (Macco Dat / De Engine Stall)
3.   Dexter Parsons – Stinger (Two Million Reasons)
4.   Kurt Allen (Do So / Atilla's Pen)
5.   Karene Asche (Careful What You Ask For / Uncle Jack)
6.   Dr. Hollis Liverpool – Chalkdust (Kaiso Cyah Dead)
7.   Devon Seales (Retro Rama / Why I Need Carnival)
8.   Joanne Rowley – Tigress (Mature Woman / Woman To Woman)
9.   Michael Orsuna – Sugar Aloes (Pull Down Mentality / Not One Word)
10.   Tamika Darius (Tomorrow / Ungrateful)
11.   Rodney Le Blanc – Benjai (Wine To D Side / Trini)
12.   Brian London (We Fed Up / Fly High)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:26:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »
hang orn lefty unles i remember the name ,alyah eint go anwser the question about  the contest oh what .

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
hang orn lefty unles i remember the name ,alyah eint go anwser the question about  the contest oh what .

Extempo
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 04:52:42 PM »
Show start already.

Who is this Shawna

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 04:52:52 PM »

Extempo
great is tonite ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Cro Cro on already......
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:55:48 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

dread panday supporters puttin him on a pedestal and not demanding dat he be accountable for the actions of his ministers and himself is what helped bring about his downfall, If we all say as voters, I black he black or Indian he Indian, ah cyar move him den we leaders will continues to play us against each other and dat is how control is maintained.
Thinking yah missing some of points ,this song is albout alkinda thing .one is if Indian could get away with he shit ,why crucify manning .Anyway is a kaiso he free do it ,is a god given right to sing about what we want in a kaiso as a trinbagonian .

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »

Extempo
great is tonite ?

Extempo finals already took place sometime this weekend! I think Sheldon John was the winner!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:58:26 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>