April 18, 2024, 12:16:55 PM

Author Topic: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.  (Read 50756 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nick DeLeon declines T&T call-up.
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2015, 05:26:34 AM »
Dynamite, I am not accusing you of anything. I honestly don't feel he will play for us. That is just a feeling. But I could be wrong. But I can understand the doubt he has about our national program. The problem is not the national team perse. It is about the Football administration. Hey, players come and go. We will always have a foreign born willing to rep RBW. Look at Khalifa!!! She knows how to hold the flag better than some prominent native born Trini. I like Nick. He does not have the cult status like his dad. But that is a bit unfair to the kid. Superstars don't always produce superstars. But the kid can play football. He is creating his own world. We don't know the kind of relationship he had with Leroy. I think that is important.  Did Leroy encouraged him to play. Did Leroy tell  him not to play. We don't know. If allyuh don't like him, ask the mod to take the thread out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:10:30 AM by Deeks »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
Allyuh f00kin comical oui!!  So Nick supposed to want to humble heself and come into this mess that we constantly complain about that is our federation?  He supposed to want to make his international football debut in a program rife with bullshit and political meandering?  For what, so that some of you jackasses could pat him on the back and say he is one ah we?  What that doing for him exactly?  Nick was born in the US and played all his football over here, why do any of you feel so entitled that he should need to humble himself and join?  Nick is an American of Trini decent wdf he need to submit heself.  Allyuh over bold with allyuh bullshit oui.  If de yute feel he have a chance to rep the country of his birth then that should be his right to explore to the fullest extent.  If or when that doesn't work out then he can explore other options including playing for us.  In the meantime given our player pool, our federation should keep tabs on him and should keep the door open.  If they have contact with him, the should periodically remind him that we are interested.  Begging?  Steups allyuh on shit!

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$  .... Well Said ..  boss

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2015, 10:24:04 AM »
Allyuh f00kin comical oui!!  So Nick supposed to want to humble heself and come into this mess that we constantly complain about that is our federation?  He supposed to want to make his international football debut in a program rife with bullshit and political meandering?  For what, so that some of you jackasses could pat him on the back and say he is one ah we?  What that doing for him exactly?  Nick was born in the US and played all his football over here, why do any of you feel so entitled that he should need to humble himself and join?  Nick is an American of Trini decent wdf he need to submit heself.  Allyuh over bold with allyuh bullshit oui.  If de yute feel he have a chance to rep the country of his birth then that should be his right to explore to the fullest extent.  If or when that doesn't work out then he can explore other options including playing for us.  In the meantime given our player pool, our federation should keep tabs on him and should keep the door open.  If they have contact with him, the should periodically remind him that we are interested.  Begging?  Steups allyuh on shit!

so getting national caps doesn't add value to the player's career?

i guess repping your nation is secondary to ego now, like Nick doing we a favor right?

whether the TTFA is in disarray, we still have a talented team that could have gone to the finals of the Gold cup.. so despite all the bobol, we still played well and the players stayed..

so if Nick can humble himself despite the situation and realize he not bigger than the national team.. he is welcomed.. if not, good luck

like allyuh like promoting this star boy attitude, there is no I in TEAM...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:25:59 AM by Controversial »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »

i guess repping your nation is secondary to ego now, like Nick doing we a favor right?

whether the TTFA is in disarray, we still have a talented team that could have gone to the finals of the Gold cup.. so despite all the bobol, we still played well and the players stayed..

so if Nick can humble himself despite the situation and realize he not bigger than the national team.. he is welcomed.. if not, good luck

Why does Nick have to humble himself? And what gave you the impression that his attitude is that of a "star boy"? He simply chose not to represent T&T at the time he was asked 2 years ago. How is that different from the Hoyte brothers who did the same and later had a change of mind when they realized they did not have a chance of representing their country of birth?

Warrior Nation Member At Large

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

What exactly has playing for T&T done for any of our players careers recently?

Trinidad & Tobago is not Nick's nation, it is his father's.  So stop talking ah pack ah shyte bout ego. 

At this point in his career if he honestly believes that he has a chance with the US, he would indeed (from his perspective) be doing T&T a favor. 

Could have?  Steups! If dealing with the TTFA is (the GC squad) their only legitimate avenue to international football then that is their business, what that have to do with Nick? 

Until Nick give up any ideas of repping the nation of his birth he doesn't have to humble and do anything.  This have nothing to do with no starboy bullshit.  It has to do with a player making whatever choice he sees as being best for him and within whatever timing suits him.

You musse mad oui ::)

Why does Nick have to humble himself? And what gave you the impression that his attitude is that of a "star boy"? He simply chose not to represent T&T at the time he was asked 2 years ago. How is that different from the Hoyte brothers who did the same and later had a change of mind when they realized they did not have a chance of representing their country of birth?

Doh study Contro and he shit nah steups

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

i think every player should humble themselves when playing for their nation, its a privilege to play for your country.. jmo

well the way Mad scorpion came across, was like Nick is bigger than the team... I didn't say Nick's attitude was that of a star boy, I said that scorpion shouldn't be promoting any star boy attitude when it comes to national football..

never said it was different from the Hoyte's... i believe i had a similar stance in that regard as well... 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2015, 11:27:05 AM »

What exactly has playing for T&T done for any of our players careers recently?

Trinidad & Tobago is not Nick's nation, it is his father's.  So stop talking ah pack ah shyte bout ego. 

At this point in his career if he honestly believes that he has a chance with the US, he would indeed (from his perspective) be doing T&T a favor. 

Could have?  Steups! If dealing with the TTFA is (the GC squad) their only legitimate avenue to international football then that is their business, what that have to do with Nick? 

Until Nick give up any ideas of repping the nation of his birth he doesn't have to humble and do anything.  This have nothing to do with no starboy bullshit.  It has to do with a player making whatever choice he sees as being best for him and within whatever timing suits him.

You musse mad oui ::)

Doh study Contro and he shit nah steups

so if being an international footballer does nothing for our players... they should forget about playing national football then... it is not always what someone can do for you, it is about pride, the ability to play in the world cup, at the highest level..

players locally who can't get work permits, need international football.. use your brain nah..

any player who thinks they are doing us a favor, shouldn't play for TT, do they also feel the same way about the US, is Deleon doing them a favor as well in your opinion?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »
Eh... USA squad hard to get into. For all the years I've watched MLS.. I've never really seen him make any headlines. with that said he must be decent to get a call up. In addition with the likes of Bobby and Jordan featuring for USA as upcoming stars who knows what can be in the cards for him.
It would be sad if USA used then discard like Findley but lets face it.. Robbie blew his chances. Bold move, but hey if he wants USA, who wouldn't, they have fantastic camp with all sorts of devices  and facilities in place, a great brand of football, wearing nikeys and they get paid on time with bonuses.

I don't blame him one bit.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
You would like all players to be humble and enthusiastic about playing for their parents nation but it doesn't always work that way. Jermaine Jones was arguably the US best outfield player but he never wanted to play for them until his Germany chances were nil. In fact he was capped 3 times by Germany before his first US call up. But last world cup his dedication and ability was there for all to see. I do agree that any player who joins the team must assimilate to the program but its almost like some feel that this is only a problem with foreign born players. Take Haiti this gold cup their best player was a local born player who thought he was bigger than the team and got sent home. Conversely all the French born players did their role and listened to the coach. Same with Alves Powell and Jamaica. I think as long as a player can help you it doesnt hurt to keep asking and recruiting because he may one day say yes.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2015, 12:20:58 PM »

so if being an international footballer does nothing for our players... they should forget about playing national football then... it is not always what someone can do for you, it is about pride, the ability to play in the world cup, at the highest level..

players locally who can't get work permits, need international football.. use your brain nah..

any player who thinks they are doing us a favor, shouldn't play for TT, do they also feel the same way about the US, is Deleon doing them a favor as well in your opinion?

Did you notice the word lately or yuh purposely ignoring it.  What has international football done for our warriors lately?  Nick doh need a contract in Guatemala, Mexico or Thailand.

Why would he feel like he is doing HIS country a favor when playing for them.  That is where he will be most proud to be suited up.  Maybe you need to take a break and reread what I have said and re-examine your comprehension of what you are reading.

You would like all players to be humble and enthusiastic about playing for their parents nation but it doesn't always work that way. Jermaine Jones was arguably the US best outfield player but he never wanted to play for them until his Germany chances were nil. In fact he was capped 3 times by Germany before his first US call up. But last world cup his dedication and ability was there for all to see. I do agree that any player who joins the team must assimilate to the program but its almost like some feel that this is only a problem with foreign born players. Take Haiti this gold cup their best player was a local born player who thought he was bigger than the team and got sent home. Conversely all the French born players did their role and listened to the coach. Same with Alves Powell and Jamaica. I think as long as a player can help you it doesnt hurt to keep asking and recruiting because he may one day say yes.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2015, 04:58:58 PM »
T&T not in any position to refuse players.

On the contrary, we should be recruiting as much as possible.

Jamaica, Antigua etc have a set of UK based PROFESSIONALS playing for them.  The majority of their squads are foreign based and having success as a result.

If we honestly think we can compete, far less win, with mostly local based players.....we delusional.  And is not an offence to local based.  It just is what it is.

We need to look abroad...and if there's a chance that a Nick DeLeon or a John Bostock can play for us, we owe it to ourselves to explore every avenue to encourage them to come.  Sure....yuh not going to keep pursuing someone who keeps rejecting you.....but we have a major handicap in terms of our Federation to overcome.  Why would anyone in they right mind leave what they doing to come and play for our Federation?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
I'd ask Zamora how he feeling and all.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
It would be sad if USA used then discard like Findley

The USA took Findley to the World Cup, where he also got playing time. I don't think he can feel too hard done by.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
Honestly, we don't even need him. Molino, Joevin, and Cato is better.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2015, 01:20:55 AM »

cato is not a better winger than deleon  .
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:26:58 AM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2015, 06:37:07 AM »

cato is not a better winger than deleon  .

Divide and rule can only tear us apart ... in every man chest ... I'll take both, thanks!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2015, 07:17:43 AM »
Guys, I feel some of us are being ridiculous about Nick. Leave the friggin man alone. What he do allyuh. Why allyuh doh curse out Devisio Payne or his father? The man made his decision and that's it.  Live with it. The door is always open to foreign born. We will not always get the best or the brightest, but we seem to get the ones with the big heart.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2015, 05:45:18 PM »
Guys, I feel some of us are being ridiculous about Nick. Leave the friggin man alone. What he do allyuh. Why allyuh doh curse out Devisio Payne or his father? The man made his decision and that's it.  Live with it. The door is always open to foreign born. We will not always get the best or the brightest, but we seem to get the ones with the big heart.

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »
Deleon eh showing me nothing in this match. . .Who can he replace on the NT? Steupes
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »
Maybe they playing him out of position.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2016, 05:11:38 PM »
Nick wants to play.

CONFIRMED !!!!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2016, 05:31:20 PM »
Nick wants to play.

CONFIRMED !!!!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:43:16 PM by boss »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2016, 05:32:31 PM »
 :-\
I await to see him on the pitch before I cast judgement.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2016, 05:59:32 PM »
interesting developments
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »
If true....and Flex doh post lies.....good player to have. 

I'm thinking his role would be like that of a Molino/Cummings type.  Definitely needed in the team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
Solid addition

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2016, 07:19:01 AM »
Lets see what David John Williams go do and how serious he is.

Good addition.

After de shit we put down, time to get extra reinforcements.

Come Hartie, jump on this.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2016, 07:56:25 AM »
If this were true
I would love to know what caused his change of Hart...... :devil:
Welcome home Nick
Now that is bacanhal

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:50 AM »
If this were true
I would love to know what caused his change of Hart...... :devil:
Welcome home Nick
Now that is bacanhal

Sometimes people need time.  We have to remember he wasn't born nor raised in T&T.  He didn't visit much either, therefore his connection is solely through his family environment while growing up.  We does want to make it seem simple but that can't be an easy decision to come by, especially when there are always issues with federation about money, preparation and general professional conduct.  Also if even he had an outside chance to make the US team that would have been his right  / duty to explore before deciding.  If indeed he is onboard we need to simply welcome the soldya into the fold and not be on no over analytical bullshit about why and how come (not towards you personally but in general).

1]; } ?>