June 09, 2024, 11:26:24 PM

Author Topic: Bombing at the Boston Marathon  (Read 33590 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Bombing at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 05:22:45 AM »
I guess it was an explosive race !!...  ;D

But in all seriousness, I hope they find de bastards who did this.

Unacceptable.

These guys who do this is cowards.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:52 AM »

ooops my bad...wrong thread.

point made ...

What "point" would that be?

as much as I think his posting is misguided, do I really need to explain?

You seem to understand... so by all means, enlighten us.

I'll let GTFOOHWDBSA explain ... is his post.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 08:18:20 AM »
I agree TT as Pecan say..yuh have ah point!  I agree too
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »
The Boston Marathon and U.S. Drone Attacks: a Tale of Two Terrorisms

"To murder several runners using bombs at a sporting event is terrorism.

To murder 175 children using military drones is U.S. policy.

We should accept neither. We should fight against both."

http://earthfirstnews.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/the-boston-marathon-and-u-s-drone-attacks-a-tale-of-two-terrorisms/
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »

http://earthfirstnews.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/the-boston-marathon-and-u-s-drone-attacks-a-tale-of-two-terrorisms/

well, de point a little clearer on dis one.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »
Where is the outrage for that?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 12:03:47 PM »
There is a certain false equivalence at play when you juxtapose what's going on in Iraq... or the Drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan, with the acts of terrorism in Boston yesterday, and it's shocking really that supposedly intelligent people can't understand the difference.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
There is a certain false equivalence at play when you juxtapose what's going on in Iraq... or the Drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan, with the acts of terrorism in Boston yesterday, and it's shocking really that supposedly intelligent people can't understand the difference.

What puzzlin is why you juxtapose what happened in Iraq in that picture, with drone attacks elsewhere.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

Well, trying to distill your point from your post which is typically couched in condescension, I can see your point. Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan are all mired in a continual state of instability and are rife with violence; basically, they are still war zones. The incidents of yesterday occurred in city accustomed to a city which has not had to deal with the war-torn conditions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and Boston is not a war zone.

That said, I can understand what GTFOOHWDBSA was trying to allude to; specifically, where is the outrage when people in Iraq die, and why the lack of coverage? Perhaps, it can be down to conflict fatigue on the part of a public being fed a daily diet of the carnage being visited upon many Iraqis.

With that said, I will make an additional point: the events of Boston are going to hit harder because it is closer to home. It is akin to a personal relative being the victim of a violent crime even in the midst of stories of numerous violent crimes being committed in your area. This is where I see the failure in GTFOOHWDBSA's point.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »
What puzzlin is why you juxtapose what happened in Iraq in that picture, with drone attacks elsewhere.

That really "puzzlin" tuh you that I am the one making the juxtaposition?  Was I the one who posted unrelated info about bombings in Iraq or drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan?

-------------------------------

Well, trying to distill your point from your post which is typically couched in condescension, I can see your point.

Dred if you doh like the points I make or the way I make them, yuh doh have to respond... plain and simple.  If is de Miss Manners or Headmistress job yuh want den just apply fuh it and doh study my posts.  Not that hard.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:57:22 PM by Bakes »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »

That really "puzzlin" tuh you that I am the one making the juxtaposition?  Was I the one who posted unrelated info about bombings in Iraq or drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan?

-------------------------------

Well, trying to distill your point from your post which is typically couched in condescension, I can see your point.

Dred if you doh like the points I make or the way I make them, yuh doh have to respond... plain and simple.  If is de Miss Manners or Headmistress job yuh want den just apply fuh it and doh study my posts.  Not that hard.

For all of your brilliance, you still have not grown up. I guess maturity and education/professional advancement do not necessarily go hand in hand.

As I have remarked before, you are nothing if not predictable.

Carry on soldier; all I would say is don't act surprised when people respond to the aggressive manner in which you post. If you don't give a hoot, fine. Just don't act too surprised.

Carry on.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »
has any group claimed responsibility for the attack yet?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
has any group claimed responsibility for the attack yet?

No.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
For all of your brilliance, you still have not grown up. I guess maturity and education/professional advancement do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Carry on soldier; all I would say is don't act surprised when people respond to the aggressive manner in which you post. If you don't give a hoot, fine. Just don't act too surprised.

Carry on.

I really spend my days worrying about the fact that you don't think I'm grown and mature...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »

Well, trying to distill your point from your post which is typically couched in condescension, I can see your point. Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan are all mired in a continual state of instability and are rife with violence; basically, they are still war zones. The incidents of yesterday occurred in city accustomed to a city which has not had to deal with the war-torn conditions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and Boston is not a war zone.

That said, I can understand what GTFOOHWDBSA was trying to allude to; specifically, where is the outrage when people in Iraq die, and why the lack of coverage? Perhaps, it can be down to conflict fatigue on the part of a public being fed a daily diet of the carnage being visited upon many Iraqis.

With that said, I will make an additional point: the events of Boston are going to hit harder because it is closer to home. It is akin to a personal relative being the victim of a violent crime even in the midst of stories of numerous violent crimes being committed in your area. This is where I see the failure in GTFOOHWDBSA's point.

i sympathize with those affected by the bombing...i really do...but i kinda see it from the other side as well

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »

i sympathize with those affected by the bombing...i really do...but i kinda see it from the other side as well

The outrage is for Iragi bombings is largely in Iraq and if you watch Iragi news all day they would probably be reporting on it.

Watch US based news all day and you get US based stuff.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:47 PM »

GTFOOHWDBSA's contrasted Boston's and Iraq's bombings, pur_trini did the same but with Boston and drone attacks.
One is relevant and the other is not, so you can't objectively lump Iraq's bombings with drone attacks, and you're the only one who posted as such in here.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »

Carry on.

I really spend my days worrying about the fact that you don't think I'm grown and mature...

Thank you for proving my point. And I noticed that you did not even address the substance of my post in your initial reply and instead resorted to some infantile insult about "Miss Manners" or something or the other; whatever.

You simply made yourself look even more childish.

As I've said I hope you don't conduct yourself like this in real life, but whatever. As you say, daiz your business.

Go ahead and be the forum bully.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

I saw a feed in which the highest placed American man was interviewed (4th place overall), but the same outlet expressed no interest in interviewing either Desisa or Jeptoo (respective men's and women's winners). Ok, so they interviewed the Japanese winner of the wheelchair category ... but that was before the elite men's and women's segments were completed.

truetrini

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »
U

The outrage is for Iragi bombings is largely in Iraq and if you watch Iragi news all day they would probably be reporting on it.

US news?  Parochial?  Living in a bubble?

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
What is an abberation for me is a way of life for you!  And it is compounded if I made your situation the way it is...!

I stand in shock and awe.  and sometimes (although this (Boston) may not be the case), these are the results of meddling and interference!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »
The eagle has an olive branch in one talon and arrows in the other ,nations have to pick one.Its the way this nation was built .
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:33:52 PM by Qmire »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:30 PM »
GTFOOHWDBSA's contrasted Boston's and Iraq's bombings, pur_trini did the same but with Boston and drone attacks.
One is relevant and the other is not, so you can't objectively lump Iraq's bombings with drone attacks, and you're the only one who posted as such in here.

What??

Did you miss the "or" in my sentence?

There is a certain false equivalence at play when GTFOOHWDBA juxtapose what's going on in Iraq... with the acts of terrorism in Boston yesterday.

There is a certain false equivalence at play when Pur_Trini juxtapose the Drone attacks in Pakistan/Afghanistan... with the acts of terrorism in Boston yesterday.

Hope that helps.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »
Thank you for proving my point. And I noticed that you did not even address the substance of my post in your initial reply and instead resorted to some infantile insult about "Miss Manners" or something or the other; whatever.

You simply made yourself look even more childish.

As I've said I hope you don't conduct yourself like this in real life, but whatever. As you say, daiz your business.

Go ahead and be the forum bully.

What is this fixation with me, some stranger on the internet fella?  You had an opportunity to focus on substance, instead you chose to preface your 'substance' with some ad hominem dig at me... now yuh bellyaching about me not paying attention tuh yuh substance... lol

It really not that serious... let it go.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:39:55 PM by Bakes »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2013, 10:40:28 PM »
Hey bakes,when you have time ...this could be a domestic treat ,don't yeah think ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »
What is an abberation for me is a way of life for you!  And it is compounded if I made your situation the way it is...!

I stand in shock and awe.  and sometimes (although this (Boston) may not be the case), these are the results of meddling and interference!

This makes your post... and all the talk about drone strikes all the more, premature and inappropriate.  We don't yet know the genesis for this attack, and even if it turns out this was some sort of misguided attempt at retribution for the foreign policies of the US government, it is hardly appropriate in my mind to politicize this tragedy at a time when people are dying or lying wounded in the hospital. Or to imply that this is somehow appropriate or just.  But that's just me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »
Hey bakes,when you have time ...this could be a domestic treat ,don't yeah think ?

The low-budget nature of it strikes me as domestic... but then again, Al Qaeda has become even more and more "low-budget" since 9-11, looking at the shoe and the underwear bombers.  Not only that, but the fella with the vending cart, and then the Pathfinder full of explosives in NYC (there was also a pressure cooker bomb in his car).  I honestly don't know... and really, to me it doesn't matter.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 11:00:37 PM »
It matters bro ...that hurt .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
It matters bro ...that hurt .

You think it matters to the family of the 8-year old killed whether it was foreign or domestic terrorists?  You think it matters to the 170 people maimed, hurt and dismembered?  Okay.

1]; } ?>