January 19, 2021, 11:59:54 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 311140 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #2580 on: November 29, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
Him swearing retribution on anyone who won’t cooperate with Wallace kinda lets you know he’s invested to some kinda degree.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2581 on: November 29, 2019, 12:46:14 PM »
Him swearing retribution on anyone who won’t cooperate with Wallace kinda lets you know he’s invested to some kinda degree.

No it shows how powerful TT is and the region...

It also shows that the dictator was complicit in our sabotage and had support, Wallace not being a puppet puts him at risk of being targeted and that is what Warner spoke about if it happens

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA audit first was best move: Warner
« Reply #2582 on: November 29, 2019, 01:45:09 PM »
TTFA audit first was best move: Warner
T&T Guardian

For­mer FI­FA vice-pres­i­dent Austin Jack Warn­er, who has been in­volved in foot­ball in many ar­eas lo­cal­ly and in­ter­na­tion­al­ly and who is wide­ly ac­cred­it­ed with en­sur­ing that Trinidad and To­ba­go was able to qual­i­fy for its first and on­ly World Cup in 2006, says he agrees with new­ly-elect­ed TTFA pres­i­dent William Wal­lace's de­ci­sion to do an au­dit be­fore un­der­tak­ing any ma­jor ac­tiv­i­ties.

“The rea­sons giv­en for that, was to do an au­dit of the foot­ball house and to make sure that noth­ing is lost in the tran­si­tion and that the clo­sure is tem­po­rary, if those are the rea­sons I have no prob­lem with that …the house of foot­ball must nev­er be treat­ed like the Cou­va’s Chil­dren hos­pi­tal,” Warn­er said dur­ing an in­ter­view onI95FM on Tues­day night.

Asked if he felt clos­ing the Home of Foot­ball in Cou­va less than a week af­ter it was of­fi­cial­ly opened was a good idea, Warn­er said, “Well I do not think that Mr (William) Wal­lace is that sil­ly to adopt that po­si­tion. What I think he has to do and he has said that pub­licly is to do an au­dit at all lev­els, he has to know what the TTFA has, who they owe, he has to know what are their as­sets and what are their li­a­bil­i­ties and there­fore if the clo­sure of the House of Foot­ball is tem­po­rary, then so be it.”

Wal­lace was elect­ed as pres­i­dent at Sun­day's TTFA AGM, re­plac­ing in­cum­bent David John Williams by a vote of 26-20.

Asked if he was sur­prised by Wal­lace’s suc­cess, Warn­er said, “On the con­trary, I am not sur­prised. I am sur­prised that Wal­lace did not get more votes, …be­cause I think that what John-Williams mis­un­der­stood and he and his FI­FA and CON­CA­CAF col­leagues and even the Prime Min­is­ter …what they mis­un­der­stood is that foot­ball is on the field of play, peo­ple want to see re­sults, they want to see suc­cess­es, spon­sors want to come in and you could build a House of Foot­ball four times in one year, that does not equate to suc­cess on the field of play…,” he said.

“I feel that any­one but Williams who is pas­sion­ate about the sport can do well and will do well, and Wal­lace is well gift­ed with the tal­ents to do well. He is Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball pres­i­dent, he is act­ing prin­ci­pal of a school, he knows about young peo­ple and what they want but most im­por­tant­ly, he is one who has a vi­sion of where he wants to car­ry the sport…and I think one les­son which has to be learnt by Wal­lace and for me the most im­por­tant one, is that any­one can build a House of Foot­ball, but it takes a true leader to build a home and he has now to build a home."

Warn­er ad­mit­ted that he had been up­set that T&T's foot­ball had been al­lowed to de­gen­er­ate to the point where they now sit at 104th on the FI­FA rank­ings. He al­so said he was un­hap­py that Caribbean Foot­ball Union mem­bers al­lowed CON­CA­CAF to change the World Cup qual­i­fy­ing for­mat to the detri­ment of the small­er coun­tries.

“I am bi­ased against those who sit qui­et­ly by and al­low CON­CA­CAF to kill World Cup foot­ball qual­i­fi­ca­tion by hav­ing an elit­ist for­mat …I am against those things and more," he said.

“Time will tell, I am not go­ing to make any pre-judg­ment on Kei­th Look Loy and how he op­er­ates or An­tho­ny Har­ford or any­body else. Time will tell, I know guys who were one way be­fore an elec­tion, even in pol­i­tics and once they get in­to po­si­tion, they are dif­fer­ent, pos­i­tive­ly or neg­a­tive­ly, so let us wait and see and not make any pre-judg­ment. All stake­hold­ers should be called and out of that get a man­u­al a blue­print for the fu­ture."

Asked if he was ever ap­proached by John-Williams, Warn­er said, “In four years, not once, I want to re­peat that, in four years David John-Williams nev­er asked me once for an idea on any­thing in foot­ball, be­cause he had all the an­swers. That is why he is where he is to­day.”

How­ev­er, Warn­er claimed Wal­lace vis­it­ed him sev­er­al times and as late as a month on the vi­sion for foot­ball.

"We spoke at length and he was a good lis­ten­er. I want to see now how he will put in­to prac­tice what he has been told."

He added, “There is no quick fix in foot­ball, you can­not have a Nescafe men­tal­i­ty, you have to build from the ground up."

Warn­er al­so be­lieves coach Den­nis Lawrence should re­main in the job, but said an over­seas coach should be brought in to work with him. How­ev­er, he said he was al­so con­cerned that CON­CA­CAF was no longer de­vel­op­ing re­gion­al coach and of­fi­cials.

Re­spond­ing to a re­cent ar­ti­cle which sug­gest­ed he (Warn­er) is ad­vis­ing Wal­lace's TTFA Unit­ed team, Warn­er stat­ed, "I am dis­mis­sive of that and I am say­ing if even that was the case, and it means, and by the way, that is not the case, and it means that is the be­gin­ning of the way to lift foot­ball in the coun­try so be it. What’s wrong with that? I have been in foot­ball for 30 years at the in­ter­na­tion­al lev­el and I still be­lieve that any­body who wants to ask me some­thing in foot­ball, I must an­swer them and ad­vise them, if they come to me yes, if not so be it.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2583 on: January 21, 2020, 05:06:26 PM »
Warner to challenge the extradition proceedings against him.
TTT Live Online

Ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner has received final leave, to take his challenge of the extradition proceedings against him, to the Privy Council.

At a leave hearing at the Court of Appeal on Monday, Justices Nolan Bereaux, Gregory Smith and Andre des Vignes granted the former government minister permission, to take his challenge to the final appellate court in London.

Mr. Warner is challenging the process by which the extradition proceedings against him are being carried out and seeks to quash the Authority to Proceed (ATP) which was signed in 2016 by Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi.

Mr. Warner also challenged the legality of the Extradition Commonwealth and Foreign Territories Act, and the treaty signed between this country and the United States.

Mr. Warner is wanted in the US for a series of fraud-related offences allegedly committed during his tenure as vice-president of world football's governing body FIFA.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 22, 2020, 09:06:13 AM »
WATCH: Former FIFA Vice President Jack Warner talks football, Trinidad and Tobago politics and the 2020 general elections

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GvXtmbpB_4s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GvXtmbpB_4s</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner rubbishes bribery claims
« Reply #2585 on: April 07, 2020, 01:58:17 PM »
Warner rubbishes bribery claims
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER FIFA vice-president Jack Austin Warner has expressed “no comment” to claims in an Associated Press report last evening that he received US$5 million in bribes for votes for Qatar to be awarded host nation for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

According to the report, “prosecutors revealed new details of alleged bribes paid to FIFA executive committee members to gain their votes for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup and charged a pair of former 21st Century Fox executives with making illegal payments to win broadcast rights for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments.

“An indictment unsealed Monday in US District Court in Brooklyn says Nicolás Leoz, then president of the South American governing body CONMEBOL, and former Brazil federation president Ricardo Teixeira received bribes to vote for Qatar at the 2010 FIFA executive committee meeting.

“Jack Warner of T&T, president of the North and Central American and Caribbean governing body Concacaf, received US$5 million in bribes to vote for Russia to host in 2018 from 10 different shell companies that included entities in Anguilla, Cyprus and the British Virgin Islands, the indictment alleged. Guatemala federation president Rafael Salguero was promised a US$1 million bribe to vote for Russia, according to the indictment.”

When contacted on Monday evening, Warner mentioned, “You really want me to answer that stupidness? I have no comment to make on that. That is still news?”

Asked if he wished to refute or deny the allegations, Warner replied, “If allyuh want to be messengers for the US, go ahead. I have no problem with that.”

Will he be prepared to fight this battle legally? “I’m not interested in that,” he responded. “If the US people tell you to go ahead with that, go ahead nah.”

According to the AP report, “Leoz, who died last August, avoided extradition, as have Warner and Teixeira. Salguero pleaded guilty in 2018 to two counts of wire fraud conspiracy and one count each of racketeering conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy.

“Alejandro Burzaco, former head of the marketing company Torneos y Competencias, testified in 2017 that all three South Americans on the FIFA executive committee took million-dollar bribes to support Qatar, which prevailed over the US 14-8.

“ESPN had US English-language television rights to the World Cup from 1994-2014, but Fox in 2011 gained the rights for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments. After the 2022 tournament in Qatar was shifted from summer to late autumn, a time when it is likely to get less attention in the US, FIFA awarded Fox rights for 2026 without competitive bidding.”022 tournament in Qatar was shifted from summer to late autumn, a time when it is likely to get less attention in the US, FIFA awarded Fox rights for 2026 without competitive bidding.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 07, 2020, 06:08:32 PM »
we paying for your f--king sins!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2587 on: April 08, 2020, 07:21:00 AM »
US DOJ: World Cup payments sent to T&T via transactions.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

THE US Department of Justice (DOJ) is claiming that alleged bribery payments for successful FIFA World Cup bids (2018 in Russia and 2022 in Qatar) arrived in TT via "densely layered transactions between and among offshore accounts," including in Cyprus and the British Virgin Islands.

Some money was wired using accounts that also paid "companies based in the United States that performed work on behalf of the 2018 Russia World Cup bid,” the DOJ said.

In an Associated Press report today, the indictment, which was unsealed late Monday, said former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner received US$5 million in bribes to vote for Russia from 10 different offshore shell companies, which used correspondent accounts in the US.

Warner was first indicted in 2015 on financial corruption charges that included a separate US$10 million bribe from 2010 World Cup host South Africa. He was an influential FIFA vice president at the time of Russia’s victory against three rival European bids.

Two emails were cited in the indictment as new evidence in the sprawling investigation that first rocked FIFA and international soccer officials in May 2015.

One was written by “co-conspirator 3” in April 2011 and allegedly was sent to Warner’s assistant with advice on writing to accept receiving the “5m” total payments “minus minimal bank charges.”

The identity of No. 3 has not been made public, but the person has been described as “a close advisor” to then-FIFA president Sepp Blatter and “other high-ranking FIFA officials.”

The other email, also to Warner’s assistant, was written ahead of the FIFA vote by “an associate of co-conspirator 3.”

Warner has been fighting extradition to face racketeering conspiracy charges in the US since 2015, the same year FIFA banned him for life.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 25, 2020, 09:12:00 AM »
Ex-FIFA chief Jack Warner in UK court appeal against corruption charges
By Bryan Swanson, Chief Reporter, Sky Sports News

Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner will take his fight against corruption charges in the United States to the highest overseas court in London.

Warner, who lives in Trinidad and Tobago, is fighting extradition to the US and denies accepting millions of dollars in bribes.

US prosecutors allege he has been involved in criminal corrupt practices for more than two decades.

The Supreme Court confirmed to Sky Sports News on Friday that Warner has now been issued an 'appeal as of right' following permission in a lower court.

Warner's case will be heard by the Privy Council and is the court of final appeal for Commonwealth countries, including Trinidad and Tobago, that have retained the right to appeal to the UK Judicial Committee.

A court date has yet to be set.

Earlier this month, the US Department of Justice claimed that Warner "was promised and received bribe payments totalling $5m" - now the equivalent of £4.3m - in exchange for a vote "in favour of Russia to host the 2018 World Cup".

The indictment states: "In or about and between November 2010 and April 2011, the defendant Jack Warner received a total of approximately $5m, via more than two dozen separate wire transfers, to an account he controlled at Republic Bank in Trinidad and Tobago in the name of the CFU.

"The wire transfers were sent from 10 different shell companies, all of which were registered and maintained bank accounts in offshore jurisdictions, including Cyprus, Anguilla and the British Virgin Islands, and were cleared through correspondent accounts located in the United States.

"The shell companies used to pay Warner formed part of a broader network of shell entities used to move money through densely layered transactions between and among offshore accounts.

"Several of the accounts used to wire money to Warner received or sent wire transfers to or from companies based in the United States that performed work on behalf of the 2018 Russia World Cup bid."

Russia 2018 organisers have denied wrongdoing and said: "We have repeatedly said that our bid was transparent."

Warner, who has consistently maintained his innocence, has yet to comment on the claims in this month's US indictment.

In a statement earlier this month, FIFA said: "It is important to point out that FIFA has itself been accorded victim status in the US criminal proceedings and senior FIFA officials are in regular contact with the US Department of Justice.

"Following the latest indictment, FIFA will ask the DOJ for further information on these matters."

In May 2015, Warner was one of 14 defendants charged in connection with a 24-year scheme to allegedly "enrich themselves through the corruption of international soccer".

The following week, Warner said he feared for his life and would reveal everything he knows, stating he had instructed his lawyers to contact law enforcement officials in his homeland and overseas.

In September 2015, he was banned from all football activities for life by FIFA, more than four years after quitting football.

Warner committed "many and various acts of misconduct continuously and repeatedly", according to world football's governing body's ethics committee.

Sky Sports News has contacted Warner for comment.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 26, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »
You running to the Privy Council to save your backside.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 26, 2020, 03:35:50 PM »
You running to the Privy Council to save your backside.
Damn thing is, we need a new tsunami to wash way all these new players. Jack tsunami would probably barely reach DJW , Monty and the dreaded Infant toes today.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Police file reveals suspicions of Blatter in FIFA TV deal
« Reply #2591 on: April 29, 2020, 02:24:42 PM »
Police file reveals suspicions of Blatter in FIFA TV deal
By Graham Dunbar (Associated Press)

Swiss investigators concluded Sepp Blatter knew that a World Cup broadcasting contract was breached illegally and that it would cost FIFA millions of dollars, according to a federal police file obtained by The Associated Press.

Investigation reports sent to prosecutors in December and January showed FIFA wrote off a $3.8 million debt from a Caribbean TV deal signed in 2005 by then-FIFA president Blatter and long-time vice president Jack Warner. The deal was later alleged to have been illegally mismanaged by Blatter.

“Blatter acted … more in the interests of Warner than in the interests of FIFA,” concluded one investigation file seen by the AP.

However, the office of Switzerland’s attorney general decided in March it would drop a criminal proceeding from 2015 against Blatter for the Caribbean deal. No reason was stated.

Swiss federal police believed Blatter knew in 2007 that Warner had breached — and would personally profit from — a Caribbean rights deal for the 2010 and 2014 World Cups that was sold to a Jamaica-based broadcaster.

Details of the original FIFA contract were revealed by Swiss media in September 2015, showing a $600,000 sale to the Warner-controlled Caribbean Football Union.

At the time, FIFA defended the contract by saying it required soccer’s governing body to get a 50% profit share of any future licensing arrangement. The re-sale was valued at about $15 million.

But FIFA did not try to collect money due in August 2010 within 30 days of the World Cup ending, according to the Swiss police file.

The investigation cited documents and staff emails showing FIFA was due half of any gross revenue from the Caribbean deal, into which Warner had inserted a company he owned.

“FIFA were very reluctant to implement any measures in connection with enforcing their rights against the CFU,” Swiss police said in its 491-page report.

FIFA calculated it was owed almost $3.8 million in 2011 after Warner resigned from soccer. He had been implicated in bribing Caribbean voters to oppose Blatter in that year’s FIFA presidential election.

Only then did FIFA management terminate the Caribbean rights and pursue the debt, though not directly with Warner. Instead, it asked the CFU, which had few assets after Warner left.

FIFA wrote off the debt weeks later, the police file showed. It included $3.625 million of estimated revenue from broadcasting sponsors and advertising, and $155,000 of unpaid rights fee instalments, the investigation file said.

A different police report detailed more than 15 years of FIFA’s working relations with Warner. It suggested FIFA granted favors and gifts in apparent exchange for election support to help Blatter retain the presidency.

Blatter, who is now 84 and banned from soccer until October 2021, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He has long denied wrongdoing.

Blatter faces a second criminal proceeding over a $2 million payment he authorized in 2011 to former UEFA president Michel Platini. That payment was revealed by Swiss authorities in September 2015 and led to both men being suspended and then banned from soccer.

Swiss investigations of Blatter are handled by a second prosecutor who took over after the federal office’s head of financial crimes had his contract terminated in November 2018.

Attorney general Michael Lauber was recused from FIFA cases last year. He was disciplined in March after having secret meetings with current FIFA president Gianni Infantino and failing to tell the truth about them.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 20, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
WATCH: Jack Warner speaks on various topics including the Caribbean Football Union, the proposed Caribbean Professional League, the impasse between the FIFA, TTFA, and the Normalisation Committee, as well as the state of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CF0jQtRpJSM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CF0jQtRpJSM</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 22, 2020, 10:39:03 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
So no comments . Mankind fraid to give jack ah jacket or kudos where due, as Robin Hood was really white and handsome.  :devil:
Bet some ppl think Jack more despicable than Trump.

Jack was wrong, but he had many things correct.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2594 on: May 22, 2020, 01:41:02 PM »
So no comments . Mankind fraid to give jack ah jacket or kudos where due, as Robin Hood was really white and handsome.  :devil:

JW always has the insight, the man is a walking library on fifa and it’s corruption

He was wrong in many ways but he’s not stupid and why not tap his brain to improve our football and fight fifa

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: May 23, 2020, 08:13:15 AM »

Enjoyed the interview. Just hope he hasn't set himself up for an extraordinary rendition before the cocks crow.
"It is not possible to make successful policy in a state of ignorance or indifference to what goes on in the real world." --- Martin Daly.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Weak leadership: Warner criticises CFU president
« Reply #2596 on: May 23, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
Weak leadership: Warner criticises CFU president
T&T Express

WEAK LEADERSHIP has left Caribbean football divided and at the mercy of world powers.

“If we had a strong Caribbean, the injustice which was done to Trinidad and Tobago football by FIFA would never have taken place,” stated Austin Jack Warner, the former Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president.

“You would never hear a CFU of old say TTFA should accept FIFA’s dictates,” Warner vented. “Never!!”

Warner’s comments came in an in-depth interview with moderator Andre Baptiste on i95.5FM Sports Talk programme.

Warner was the most powerful-ever CFU president. He was at its helm for 21 years, leading to him further assuming more powerful positions as president of the CONCACAF region and also a vice-president of FIFA—the governing body for world football, remaining in that post until 2011, when resigning all his roles amid a football corruption scandal.

In a scathing rebuke of the current CFU leadership, Warner said the organisation which he formerly ruled is now a shadow of its former self. “Randy Harris has never been a leader,” Warner said of the current CFU boss.

Warner insisted that unity had always been the greatest strength of the small Caribbean islands. Under Harris, Warner feels the CFU is divided and greatly weakened.

In a previous interview on Baptiste’s programme, Harris had declared that CFU was not dead, but that its members had to abide by the dictates of world football’s governing body from time to time, because FIFA was the only entity funding most of the small Caribbean countries.

“All of us are answerable to FIFA and from time to time, all of us are in situations that have to be regularised,” Harris had said.

“FIFA is very serious about how they operate in the Caribbean; if they are giving you these annual sums of monies, you have to be accountable. It happens to all of us, there are always questions being asked,” Harris had further asserted.

To Warner, Harris’ explanations were signs of great weakness. “We voted as a block. You have the strength of your vote,” Warner noted, adding, “I became strong in FIFA because I controlled 35 of 35 votes.”

Warner felt that under its current administration, CFU is non-functional. “Have you ever heard anything about a CFU congress? What about the CFU referees? Which games have they taken part in at the World Cup level or CONCACAF level? What about the CFU Youth Programmes? What about the CFU coaching courses?”

The Congress, Warner was referencing, has been suspended. On March 30, CFU general secretary, Trinidadian Camara David, issued a release announcing the suspension of the 2020 CFU Congress, which was scheduled for May 7, owing to the evolving situation with the Covid-19 pandemic.

“All these things have been forgotten. It is no longer a CFU,” Warner continued. “CFU is now dead in the water... thanks to Harris, thanks to CONCACAF, thanks to FIFA and, of course, their colleague in Jamaica. It is the worst period in Caribbean football history,” he added.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2597 on: May 23, 2020, 01:38:23 PM »
Sadly, I agree with JW.

In his day they may have been crooked FKS but the CFU had rank.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 23, 2020, 07:49:14 PM »
Sadly, I agree with JW.

In his day they may have been crooked FKS but the CFU had rank.

VB
jack warner is full of it. him taking a stroll down memory lane boasting of how good it was when he was in charge holds no consolation for us in this present crappy situation. ask warner what he has done for football in the region?

for all the years he was the big boss why didn’t he make CFU its own confederation separate from central and north america? and it was do-able because of the numbers there are in CFU having 31 teams to central and north americas 10 countries like their south american counterparts.

we are stiffilled by central and north america to the point where we’re lucky to have one single CFU team in the hex where more than often there are always three central american teams with the United states and mexico being mainstays in the hex for the past 30 years and jack has done nothing to fix this but instead maintain the status quo.

he wasn’t even able to entice the pro league to link up with the super league to create a tier system and promote the local game, and he had all the tools and resources at his disposal to achieve this but instead sat on his hands and sought his own interest, but made no serious push to strengthen CFU teams be it club or national teams, no serious infrastructure no development, not even a regional pro league, he should be ashamed to open his mouth.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:52:00 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack has Covid
« Reply #2599 on: September 02, 2020, 06:33:26 PM »
Jack has Covid
By Anna Ramdass (T&T Express)

Former FIFA Vice President and Government Minister Jack Warner has contracted the deadly Covid-19 virus.

The Express understands that Warner, 77, was taken to Westshore private hospital last Friday with reports of a cardiac issue.

He was subsequently attended do and he returned to his Arouca home where his condition deteriorated.

Warner was taken back to the Westshore hospital on Tuesday where a Covid test wad administered yielded a positive result.

The Express learnt that Warner is battling the virus and is in the care of the public healthcare institution.

There was speculation on the state of Warner's health on social media on Wednesday where rumours circulated that he had died.

Warner is not dead.

Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader Rekha Ramjit told the Express by phone that Warner is a private citizen and is entitled to his privacy.

She said when Warner or his family wishes to divulge any information they will do so.

Warner is the second Trinbagonian politician to contract the Covid-19 virus.

Former Caroni East MP Dr Tim Gopeesingh had tested Covid positive and was in State quarantine before being discharged to his home.

Warner had unsuccessfully contested the Lopinot/Bon Air West constituency seat in the August 10 general election and vigorously campaigned walking the constituency every day.

In 2013 Warner resigned as national security minister in the Persad-Bissessar government following a CONCACAF report which implicated him and his one-time ally Chuck Blazer as being “fraudulent in their management” of CONCACAF.

He is fighting extradition stemming from charges of criminal conduct in the US.

Warner had said last month that the corruption matter against him in the US is seven years old and he is optimistic that when the matter comes to trial he will be “fully cleared” as he was with the Integrity Commission.

RELATED NEWS

Warner hospitalised for COVID-19 treatment.
By Gail Alexander (Guardian).

A close relative of former People’s Partnership minister Jack Warner last evening confirmed that he had been hospitalised for the treatment of COVID-19.

“He is coping. He had a few issues of concern prior to the COVID diagnosis but he is a fighter,” the relative said, after social media reports first circulated yesterday that Warner had died before suggesting he was hospitalised on Tuesday for COVID-19.

The development came after Warner, 77, had said last Monday he had been tested for COVID-19 at a private institution after two of his employees tested positive recently. Two days later, he said that he’d spent a nerve-wracking 48 hours awaiting the test results but these showed he was negative. He said his wife Maureen, driver and others close to him had also tested for the virus and were all negative. He’d told the T&T Guardian that he would have still self-quarantine for seven days after the tests.

But yesterday, several social media reports alleged that Warner had “died” and it was later reported that he had been hospitalised with the virus.

Sports fraternity sources stated yesterday that following Warner’s first COVID test, he continued to feel unwell and went back for a second test at a private institution in West Trinidad on Tuesday - and that result proved positive. The sources also said that he’s since been hospitalised and is being treated for the virus.

Health Ministry officials didn’t answer calls on the issue last night, including on whether Warner, who unsuccessfully ran for the Lopinot/Bor Air West seat in the August 10 General Election, is now at a public health care facility.

Warner’s communications manager Michelle Borde-Harvey didn’t comment on the reports but told the T&T Guardian that Warner is resting comfortably.

“He isn’t saying anything to media right now but when he’s ready he will speak,” Borde-Harvey said.

Warner didn’t reply to calls or text messages yesterday.

Also contacted yesterday about the reports and his condition, his wife Maureen, speaking from their home, said, “I’m not speaking to any newspaper.”

Meanwhile, Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Rekha Ramjit said, “This is a private matter and I’m not about to breach any private confidence. If he can’t be reached, then he can’t be reached. His family will speak.

“If he can’t be reached, he can’t be reached or doesn’t want to be reached. I’m not denying or confirming any situation with Mr Warner. He is a private individual entitled to his privacy. If and when the time is right and if need be, his family will let the media what is happening. At this time, a person’s health is their private business and I won’t deny or confirm any rumours flying around the country.”

Yesterday, the UNC’s Devant Maharaj said he had spoken to the former FIFA vice president and Works and Transport minister last Sunday and Warner had told him he’d taken a COVID test last week and was cleared, as was his wife, driver and others.

The first politician to contract the virus was former UNC MP Dr Tim Gopeesingh, who was also being treated for the virus recently and had told the T&T Guardian last week that he was on the mend.

The country recorded a 28th COVID death yesterday and now has 1,201 active cases.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 07:10:21 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2600 on: September 04, 2020, 03:09:04 AM »
Sporting fraternity: Jack's a fighter.
By Bobie-Lee Dixon (Guardian).

Several hours after news broke on Wednesday evening that former FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner had tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalised, a post to his official Facebook page yesterday morning sought to confirm the reports, adding Warner was in good spirits.

“Pleasant morning all, the reports are true. Mr Warner has tested positive for Covid-19 and is, in fact, being treated. He wishes to advise all, that he is alive and in good spirits, as always,” the post read.

Responding to Warner’s diagnosis members of the sporting fraternity were now wishing the former CONCACAF president a speedy recovery.

Labelling Warner a ‘fighter’, they predicted he would fight and overcome this hurdle too.

Former Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president, William Wallace, said in a telephone interview the news of Warner’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis was a bit surprising but he added that it was clear no one was exempt from the virus.

“I wish Mr Warner a speedy recovery. I know he is a fighter and we are looking forward to him getting over this,” said Wallace.

Get-well wishes also came from President of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC), Brian Lewis who described Warner as a man of resilience and courage.

“It is not something anyone would want for themselves. One can only wish him the best in overcoming this,” he said.

Long-time friend and former Guardian Media Sports Editor Valentino Singh boasted, “If it is one man I know, will not lie down and die because of COVID-19, it’s Austin Jack Warner.”

Singh, who authored two biographies on Warner—Upwards Through the Night and From Zero to Hero, said Warner had surmounted and passed so many different obstacles in his life over the years from his childhood to now, and it was not like him to allow anything to defeat him whether it was a virus or fighting his legal battles.

“He is going to fight his way out of it, I am sure. He has done so much good for so many people despite what a lot of people think about him. And I am sure the weight of all the prayers by so many people will weigh in his favour. Like so many Trinidadians and people across the world, whose lives have been touched by Jack Warner, I too, wish him a speedy recovery.”

Morvant Caledonia United head coach, Jamaal Shabazz called Warner a ‘warrior’ who always maintained that disposition. He believes Warner was in God’s hands and proposed.

“Now is a time of serious uncertainty and it is important for us to turn to our Lord and draw inspiration for all aspects of our lives."

On Wednesday efforts to get updated information on the former politician’s condition proved a challenge as family and executive members of the Warner-formed Independent Labour Party (ILP) refused to divulge further details, saying Warner was a private citizen and the state of his health was a private matter.

Warner 77, unsuccessfully contested the Lopinot/Bon Air West constituency in last month’s August 10 general election, after which, he announced via his Facebook page he was exiting politics.

In the August 20 post, Warner, a former minister of national security, wrote, “I have chosen to exit from electoral as well as all other kinds of politics and for once, hopefully unperturbed, enjoy the evening of my life with my family and close friends. My political journey was rough but I enjoyed every moment of it. I may not live long enough to witness any transformation in my constituency, but never forget that I tried and that I love the constituents of Lopinot/Bon Air West for whom I would have given my all.”

After the election, Warner, a diabetic, had been experiencing health problems and was privately tested near two weeks ago for COVID-19 with an initial negative diagnosis, but subsequently retook the test on Tuesday after remaining unwell. The latter presented a positive conclusion.