June 04, 2024, 05:11:18 PM

Author Topic: Brent Rahim Thread  (Read 84758 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim signs up in Sweden.
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2005, 03:02:43 AM »
Man have to ply their trade anywhere they can !!
Ask Nakhid.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2005, 05:01:14 AM »
Beenie for the love of god get your ass on a plane to Germany and check out Wise for our left side!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2005, 06:54:16 AM »
I glad for Rahim Homefully he can get settled down and get a run and some fittness.
we will need him for 2010
We cannot discard our young players who already have good experience

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2005, 07:00:09 AM »
Aye arrow wise played under poterfeild and najir and from the reports i read he was not that impressive
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2005, 07:26:41 AM »
I glad for Rahim Homefully he can get settled down and get a run and some fittness.
we will need him for 2010
We cannot discard our young players who already have good experience

partner rahim really not that young
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2005, 07:55:20 AM »
Beenie for the love of god get your ass on a plane to Germany and check out Wise for our left side!

Not too sure of that nah. If he cah sign up Glenn who right there in the US, he certainly ain't sigining no Third Division has been

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brent Rahim signs up in Sweden
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2005, 08:53:41 AM »
Brent Rahim has been signed by Swedish Second Division club EL Sylvia ...

De name of de club is "IF Sylvia" not "EL Sylvia".

Here is a picture of Brent in his new kit:

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2005, 09:18:18 AM »
ah really feel bad for rahim..not that he sign for de club, thats great for him...i feel bad for his bad run of form within the last year and a half. this boy is sooo talented alot of people dont realise!!! i really think his problem is one of confidence. since winning the ncaa championships at uconn he hasnt been able to produce good football on a consistant basis. i really hope this swedish team can give him a confidence booster so he can regain his magic.

listen...if evans wise is playin good ball he deserves ah chance...just like men who begging bennie to call glen. both players playing well and because of that they should at least be given ah chance. who knows what they can bring to the table if not given the chance!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2005, 09:27:53 AM »
I wonder how we overcome all these language barriers.
Do even smaller clubs have interpreters?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2005, 09:34:48 AM »

English is spoken all over Europe... especially scandinavia.. it is like ah second language....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2005, 09:42:58 AM »

either they have interpreters, or the english speaking teammates help you out in the beginning. it is up to the player to learn the language on his own. biggre clubs have tutors, but most clubs expect the player to take lessons, or teach themselves.

...if evans wise is playin good ball he deserves ah chance...

definitely...but why do we assume that Beenie hasn't already looked at him and is not interested. a few good performances in the german 3rd division does not necessarily mean he is playing good ball. Wise was always a good dribbler but he was never consistant and didn't have a complete game. he wasn't that great 7 years ago in my opinion.

Rahim is a good player still, but I think he made a number of poor career choices after leaving UConn. He think he would have settled well in the MLS and could have built from there nistead of going to Bulgaria...where he would have a much harder time adjusting. I thought he revived his career with a move to West Ham and it would have been great too, if he could have settled at Falkirk and was playing Scottish first division. But he rejected MLS and then never settled at the other clubs for whatever reasons. I am glad he has signed with a club...but he is  better than the Swedish 2nd division. Promotion to the Swedish first division though may spell a nice change in fortune

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2005, 09:51:37 AM »
Wise is d next Robinho!!!
Whitley the next Ronaldinho
Stern fat like Ronaldo
And Dwight playin like Emerson these days

When u watch it we not too different from Brazil. We just don't have an Adriano

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2005, 09:56:38 AM »

either they have interpreters, or the english speaking teammates help you out in the beginning. it is up to the player to learn the language on his own. biggre clubs have tutors, but most clubs expect the player to take lessons, or teach themselves.

...if evans wise is playin good ball he deserves ah chance...

definitely...but why do we assume that Beenie hasn't already looked at him and is not interested. a few good performances in the german 3rd division does not necessarily mean he is playing good ball. Wise was always a good dribbler but he was never consistant and didn't have a complete game. he wasn't that great 7 years ago in my opinion.

Rahim is a good player still, but I think he made a number of poor career choices after leaving UConn. He think he would have settled well in the MLS and could have built from there nistead of going to Bulgaria...where he would have a much harder time adjusting. I thought he revived his career with a move to West Ham and it would have been great too, if he could have settled at Falkirk and was playing Scottish first division. But he rejected MLS and then never settled at the other clubs for whatever reasons. I am glad he has signed with a club...but he is  better than the Swedish 2nd division. Promotion to the Swedish first division though may spell a nice change in fortune

yeh fliho ah agree...rahim made very poor choices after uconn. shud have at least played for ah year or 2 and then head to europe.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2005, 10:12:39 AM »
When u watch it we not too different from Brazil. We just don't have an Adriano

Bring back Maurice Alibey!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2005, 10:40:19 AM »
I like when men sound so authoratative but talk so much shite...you know the man business??poor choices..just a little info...lagalaxy starting salary was 28,000 a year..in la...man was staying 4 people to a 2 bedroom apartment and anybody knows that 28 g's aint no money......not for a professional footballer who could make 4 times that away..so all I saying is know yuh facts before you talk

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2005, 10:52:58 AM »
I like when men sound so authoratative but talk so much shite...you know the man business??poor choices..just a little info...lagalaxy starting salary was 28,000 a year..in la...man was staying 4 people to a 2 bedroom apartment and anybody knows that 28 g's aint no money......not for a professional footballer who could make 4 times that away..so all I saying is know yuh facts before you talk

point taken duscam...but not many pros start of makin the big bucks there rooky season. all we saying is dat he should have at least give it ah chance before jumping to europe without the professional experience. who knows he could have been there and he would have been more marketable to european clubs. everybody need to make sacrifices in life...whether it means stayin in ah room with ah man. but to each his own and if he felt that was too much for him then power to him. ah still wish him de best!!!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2005, 11:06:13 AM »
ah knew allyuh was go get duscam vex!!!
now you gone and did it!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2005, 11:36:14 AM »
duscam is rahim family or what

28 gs is real money partner
daz a brand new civic with rims and sounds
and tint
and gas money
plus money to take out girls on d weekend

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2005, 12:08:56 PM »

sorry fella, but it was no meant to be a personal slight on Rahim. I wished him all the best and was trying to be optimistic about his future. I had heard as much about the money offered but left it out since I like to deal in facts and since I doh know Rahim I didn't try to offer any reasons. I just believe sticking it out in MLS where he had a greater chance to start games and progress as a footballer and potentially be a star in a system and culture that he already knew well was better than going to an Eastern European country with no support, and with cultural and language barriers. Just an opinion. There are many rookies who are doing well in the MLS and sacrificing money, for hopes of developing and making a better furture.....I am sure Scott Sealy is making very little. I wish Rahim the best but how do you explain Rahim himself trying to find an MLS team recently? Hindisght is 20/20 so I could be very wrong. I am sure he is no longer putting money before personal development because I'd be suprised if he were making that much in the Swedish 2nd division.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »

and tint
and gas money

doh forget de exhaust pipe! lol....de girls and dem love de loud noise! lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »

and tint
and gas money

I not trying to spread duscam files on this forum but I once saw him argue for over and hour that Rahim was the best midfielder on TnT squad...
ok so I am spreading his files!!!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2005, 01:34:07 PM »
 I wish him the best at the new club. He do what he thought was best for him in going to europe..just turn out bad!!...go T&T

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
yeah i wish rahim the best at his new club also.The thing with rahim he tried to run before he could creep.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2005, 02:24:18 PM »
and i once see mr mc try to play football.....that was a big joke!!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2005, 03:12:42 PM »
and i once see mr mc try to play football.....that was a big joke!!

Allyuh fellas is real kicks yes. :challenge:

But to Rahim I really wish him all the best in his football career. He definitely tryin and hopefully it works out for him.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2005, 03:39:42 PM »
Anyone who does not believe that Rahim made some poor choices in his professional career must have some serious inside information.  Leh we in on some of dat nah. 

But all I see is a talented baller travelling all over de place and not getting regular first team sweat.  At the prime playing age of his career he catching his nen nen to play regular first team football.  If he made the money good, if he is making the money now better.

But the truth be told Rahim has not come close to realizing the potential most saw in him.  Who is to blame for that if he did not make poor choices???
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2005, 05:51:35 PM »
Actually, this post is somewhat misleading. 

The Swedish Premier Division is called the Allsvenskan.  The First Division is actually the second tier of Swedish football.   The Second Division is actually Sweden's third tier.

The Second Division is not considered fully  professional, but semi-pro at best.  Sylvia are in the Second Division.

Probably not much better (if any)  than your local top league.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2005, 07:13:20 PM »

and tint
and gas money

doh forget de exhaust pipe! lol....de girls and dem love de loud noise! lol

Voooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, vooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yea Rahim boy.. Do your thing homie..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2005, 07:35:01 PM »
allyuh does talk real ka-ka sometime oui!

how Rahimmake bad decisions?

It have plenty man who never play no football in USA or even play college ball and go straight to the pros and make it.

De man just NOT as talented as many believe

Dat is all.

In fact he real wild.

When last he play ah game and eh get card or b;low fuh one set ah foul?

He is ah red Cyd Gray

steups.

de man go to all kinda club and never cement he place in de squad..why?

He eh good enuff.

He even had Latas as player coach and he eh start

Ask yuhself why?

He eh good enuff.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »
I think Rahim is overrated....true he was ah "intercol" star but dat don't mean anything...how many intercol stars in the last 10 years are very successful now?

Rahim might be successful in the MLS because of his style of play but he appears to be more interested in playing in Europe although Europe not interested in him....However, it is career and his choice...all we can do is wish him the best because at the end of the day he is still ah TnT player.

1]; } ?>