May 20, 2024, 10:14:02 AM

Author Topic: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA  (Read 42585 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maund's father defends his son's switch to the USA
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
Of course FIFA rules say so but it eh go happen. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »
Dis still an issue? Ok den. I highly doubt it...buh...whaever.....people like de "yesterday is yesterday....today is today" behaviour.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
Of course FIFA rules say so but it eh go happen. 

What was interesting was the way he said it, as if it was with some dissapointment that we dont have him now but maybe in the future.

He also expressed dissapointment in the fact that this kid got  the exposure with T&T when he was rejected by the US ........... etc etc

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2009, 06:55:03 PM »
Exactly Bakes and that's why if you going to play for the TTFF you have to make up your mind to put up with that shyte. No one arguing(at least not me) that the TTFF does use players....wait......as a matter of fact we cannot say that the TTFF does "use" players, as players have to make the team, not the other way around. You can say they does treat players badly. Look the TTFF did not even object to FIFA when he filed his claim to rep the USA. DeSilva said that they would not block him and they did not. 

Elan how can you say the TTFF doh use players?  Whether players have to make the team or not whenever the TTFF feels they are no longer an asset they toss them aside.  They use the players (let's not even get into the mistreatment) to make money for themselves, barely pay the players anything, spite them for standing up for their rights, hold back money owed to the players even after an arbitrator ruled that they owe it to them...yuh need me to go on?

People acting like is Trinidad and Tobago the Maunds were dealing with... is not the people of TnT they was dealing with... is the TTFF plain and simple.  We self acknowledge on here not a good 2 1/2 years ago that TnT football doh belong to we it belong to Jack and he cabal.  How then in the world if somebody in ah 'dispute' with the TTFF that we all ah sudden acting like is we nation and people get de affront??

Bakes read that line.....you're excelent at comprehension, Tell me what you get from that line.

All I get from that is that Chris de Silva giving one version of the story and Maund father giving another version.  You choose to believe the TTFF version.  I don't.
Disagree her Bakes.

De Silva spoke for himself. I don't view that as the TTFF talking but as a reputable man talking. Using the TTFF as a excuse is simplistic and easily transparent.

As someone else said. The Maunds' are only concerned with self as their decisions attest. While I disagree with the personal attacks, I do think that their response was weak. He would have been better off not responding.
TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »
thanks, Bakes have to insult or he eh go feel good...besides he jes LOVE to take the opposite view, he practicing

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »
When TTTF can pay for people children education tuition, then people can talk. I would have done the same thing.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
When TTTF can pay for people children education tuition, then people can talk. I would have done the same thing.

UWI free.
Secondary Schools free.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
thanks, Bakes have to insult or he eh go feel good...besides he jes LOVE to take the opposite view, he practicing
ah HAH
the truth finally comes out
he is ah Devils Advocate :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »

bullshit he is lying about having to leave school and live in T&T....besides he wasn't out of school when he was in Florida in the US camp?

BULLSHIT!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »

Is that so? 

Who did I insult before you rush yuh c**t in with yuh 'bow down' talk?  De blood rush to yuh head so fast when I talk about Chris de Silva that yuh fly in like is yuh woman ah insult with all kinda imaginary talk. I practicing alright, to keep clear of deceitful menopausal loser frauds like you.

---------

Dumpers... I am not disputing whether de Silva called or not, but what is de timeline?  The father say after the tournament nobody contacted them, how much time passed between then and when de Silva started calling?  Maybe by that time they did done get fed up of the rigamarole.

Man on here acting like allyuh was party tuh de transactions, why allyuh doh share de transcripts from what allyuh heard or witnessed?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »

Like the USSF will pay for tuition?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2009, 08:28:31 AM »
The timeline is clear...even if they were not kept in contact until December 2008, when there was communication they expressed a desire to attend the T&T training camp.  After being selected for the US team they ceased taking calls.

I can understand that there may have been some level of consternation over the way the TTFF handles their business, but it is disingenous to suggest thathe had to sell T&T to his son, who himself stated that the team and management were like a family whereas the US camp was everyman for himself!

Additionally the man stated that things were handled badly smehow during the 2007 U-17 World Cup, if that were true why would he have even stated to the TTFF that he was interested in joining the camp for this U20 WC then?

he was simply hedging his bets...no call from the US, then we going to T&T!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »
The timeline is clear...even if they were not kept in contact until December 2008, when there was communication they expressed a desire to attend the T&T training camp.  After being selected for the US team they ceased taking calls.

I can understand that there may have been some level of consternation over the way the TTFF handles their business, but it is disingenous to suggest thathe had to sell T&T to his son, who himself stated that the team and management were like a family whereas the US camp was everyman for himself!

Additionally the man stated that things were handled badly smehow during the 2007 U-17 World Cup, if that were true why would he have even stated to the TTFF that he was interested in joining the camp for this U20 WC then?

he was simply hedging his bets...no call from the US, then we going to T&T!

Anton corneal said the same thing last night he is looking at options he was a discarded player at under 17 level ... Look at it this was he part of the US squad of 40 prior to join our under 17 team

US-BASED TRIO JOINS U17S FOR TRAINING
Already here are New York-based goalkeeper Kern Caesar and Los Angeles-based forward Cameron Roget and they will continue training with the team which goes into camp this weekend after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.
Also coming in next week is forward/midfielder Aaron Maund who was a member of the United States squad of 40 players prior to the team’s participation at the final qualifying round.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
Ah still cah understand why people who over the years have shown that they are among the more intelligent forumites on here cah relate to ah man wanting to play for he country. Folks all yuh not sounding smart anymore.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
Ah still cah understand why people who over the years have shown that they are among the more intelligent forumites on here cah relate to ah man wanting to play for he country. Folks all yuh not sounding smart anymore.
It's readily apparent that plenty people here doh make posts based on intelligent reasoning. Is mostly inconsistent emotional outbursts regardless of the topic.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »

People understand very well that Maund wants to play for HIS country.

It just appears that HIS country appears to be a matter of convenience for him and his father.  In addition, the excuse about school used by the father to explain as a contributing factor as to why he chose USA over T&T simply doesn't fly.

Leh meh make an analogy if I might.  Brendan Nash couldn't make Australia team...hell..he couldn't even make the first XI for a club in Australia but he comes to the WI after spending the vast majority of his professional cricketing career (at age 30) to the WI, plays one season and gets selected on the WI team.  Wha yuh think West Indian's reaction would be if all of a sudden Australia come calling and Nash decide he goin and play for them instead?

De yute and he faddah doin what in dey best interests and good fuh dem.  I wish dem well.  Dey doh owe any explanation to anybody.  But doh come on here tryin to sell we shit and sayin is sugar.  Yuh proper deserve yuh cuss den.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2009, 11:09:32 AM »

It just appears that HIS country appears to be a matter of convenience for him and his father.  In addition, the excuse about school used by the father to explain as a contributing factor as to why he chose USA over T&T simply doesn't fly.

Leh meh make an analogy if I might.  Brendan Nash couldn't make Australia team...hell..he couldn't even make the first XI for a club in Australia but he comes to the WI after spending the vast majority of his professional cricketing career (at age 30) to the WI, plays one season and gets selected on the WI team.  Wha yuh think West Indian's reaction would be if all of a sudden Australia come calling and Nash decide he goin and play for them instead?

De yute and he faddah doin what in dey best interests and good fuh dem.  I wish dem well.  Dey doh owe any explanation to anybody.  But doh come on here tryin to sell we shit and sayin is sugar.  Yuh proper deserve yuh cuss den.

either way it boils down to why we still discussing this shithong? ??? ignore them sellouts, this thread has gone on way too long talking about a player who has no identity.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »

Is that so? 

Who did I insult before you rush yuh c**t in with yuh 'bow down' talk?  De blood rush to yuh head so fast when I talk about Chris de Silva that yuh fly in like is yuh woman ah insult with all kinda imaginary talk. I practicing alright, to keep clear of deceitful menopausal loser frauds like you.

---------

Dumpers... I am not disputing whether de Silva called or not, but what is de timeline?  The father say after the tournament nobody contacted them, how much time passed between then and when de Silva started calling?  Maybe by that time they did done get fed up of the rigamarole.

Man on here acting like allyuh was party tuh de transactions, why allyuh doh share de transcripts from what allyuh heard or witnessed?
The timeline argument is grasping at straws. At the very least he was contacted before the team was assembled for preparation.
TnT Patriot

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2009, 09:05:08 PM »
It's readily apparent that plenty people here doh make posts based on intelligent reasoning. Is mostly inconsistent emotional outbursts regardless of the topic.
Both of you intelligent people have completely missed the point here.

I don't think anyone begrudges someone wanting to represent their land of birth. No one has said a bad word about the other Trini eligible player, Shannon Williams.

People are reacting to someone duplicitly placing self-interest above patriotism. The kid is american so he has the right to represent his homeland. However, when it served his interest, he was happy to ride the bandwaggon to the U-17 WC.

The fool here is his father for coming-up with a flimsy excuse for their decision.
TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »

I don't think anyone begrudges someone wanting to represent their land of birth. No one has said a bad word about the other Trini eligible player, Shannon Williams.

People are reacting to someone duplicitly placing self-interest above patriotism. The kid is american so he has the right to represent his homeland. However, when it served his interest, he was happy to ride the bandwaggon to the U-17 WC.

The fool here is his father for coming-up with a flimsy excuse for their decision.

Amen and Amen!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

I must admit this is an extreme case but within his right none the less
he is allowed to go between countries until a certain level, right?
Obviously if he felt that the TnT TTFF setup would be in his best interest he would have stayed with the TTFF
but he felt that the USA situation was best in the end
If this is a problem maybe countries should get FIFA to dis allow players so young from doing such shenanigans in the future.
as far as I understand it ,his actions were well within FIFA rules

and yes his father created a big hullabaluu by his explanation.
and the TTFF in my opinion does NOT represent the People of TnT
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:36:22 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2009, 09:53:33 PM »
The timeline argument is grasping at straws. At the very least he was contacted before the team was assembled for preparation.

Unfortunately for you, you calling it 'grasping at straws' doesn't automatically make it so... unless you have some secret pipeline to inside information that the rest of us aren't privy to.  Even assuming arguendo that you are correct that the family acted in a mercenary manner regarding the youth's self interest, how does that make any of you victims to the point that you feel so aggrieved?  Far less aggrieved that some have called (be it in jest or not) for physical repercussions to the yute?

I keep saying it and it keeps falling on deaf ears... if anything the TTFF is the only victim here, they are the ones who were used, not the people of Trinidad and Tobago.  The TTFF has time and time again made it clear that its interests are separate from the footballing public's.  The TTFF treats players worse than the treatment allegedly meted out to it by this kid, if anything it's getting its just desserts.

...and that's just assuming that the mercenary angle ascribed to the family by you and others is correct, which we have no guarantee of.

truetrini

« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2009, 10:14:16 PM »
BAKES is nothing mercenary really, they made decisions based on what was the BEST available for their son in their eyes, to me that is great parenting.

Chris De Silva not into that kinda shit, he doh be mout piece for anyone.

The father ied and dat is de issue.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2009, 05:07:00 AM »

:applause:

but nash soo old?  :o
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:59 AM »

Hmmmmmm

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »

They want to talk about intelligent people on this site well you're definitely one of them,well said my brother well said.....

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2009, 06:30:23 AM »

Keep it coming palos plain talk no bullshit.It is what it is he used T&T. Look most of us have kids and education is paramount no matter where they live so doh come with them flimsy excuses.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
?????

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Allyuh tink dat yute know wey Copa and Villa is.........or he tink dem is football teams

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2009, 04:57:06 PM »

Unfortunately for you, you calling it 'grasping at straws' doesn't automatically make it so... unless you have some secret pipeline to inside information that the rest of us aren't privy to.  Even assuming arguendo that you are correct that the family acted in a mercenary manner regarding the youth's self interest, how does that make any of you victims to the point that you feel so aggrieved?  Far less aggrieved that some have called (be it in jest or not) for physical repercussions to the yute?

I keep saying it and it keeps falling on deaf ears... if anything the TTFF is the only victim here, they are the ones who were used, not the people of Trinidad and Tobago.  The TTFF has time and time again made it clear that its interests are separate from the footballing public's.  The TTFF treats players worse than the treatment allegedly meted out to it by this kid, if anything it's getting its just desserts.

...and that's just assuming that the mercenary angle ascribed to the family by you and others is correct, which we have no guarantee of.
I don't feel victimized or aggrieved at all. I'm simply calling a spade a spade, after I considered all the reports.

I have said that the calls for injury are out of bounds.

Maybe your brief with the TTFF outstrips anything else here. However, I stated that I based my view on what was publicly said by Mr De Silva, who I do not equate with the TTFF. I speak as a fan of TnT football, not a supporter of the TTFF.
TnT Patriot

1]; } ?>