May 20, 2024, 02:25:00 PM

Author Topic: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.  (Read 104925 times)

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Re: The Official Transfer Thread (2009-2010 season) players & coaches.
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
Manchester United get blank - AGAIN

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07072009/58/la-liga-valdes-extends-barca-contract.html

La Liga - Valdes extends Barca contract
Eurosport - Tue, 07 Jul 17:11:00 2009

Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has agreed a four-year contract extension with improved conditions that will see him stay at the Camp Nou until June 2014.

The buyout clause for the 27-year-old has been raised to 150 million euros (£130m) from 100 million.

Last season Valdes helped Barca to an unprecedented treble of the Spanish league, the Champions League and the Copa Del Rey.

He had been linked with a move to Manchester United earlier this summer.

Reuters

:rotfl:
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »
Didn't RMs Perez just say yesterday that he wants 2 more in, and 10 more out?
Well Ruud look like he get the memo already.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/07072009/63/ruud-awakening-rovers.html

Ruud awakening for Rovers
Tue 07 Jul, 12:40 PM

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce believes he has been priced out of a move for Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The former Manchester United forward has slipped down the pecking order at the Bernabeu and Allardyce was interested in bringing the 32-year-old back to England.

However, the Rovers boss said the Dutchman's wages were proving prohibitive to any move, with his current level of fitness also contributing to his decision not to pursue any transfer as he missed much of last season with a knee injury.

"I think probably Ruud, from a salary point of view, is out of our reach," he said.

"And I think he is not going to be fit until September, so that is not going to be what we are looking for at the moment.

"We need someone right now who can join up with the squad as soon as we can."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2009, 10:55:11 AM »
OWEN UNPOPULARITY
No one wants an Owen shirt

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=659544&sec=england&cc=5901

It's lucky for Michael Owen that Sir Alex Ferguson rates him, because Manchester United supporters certainly do not. Since he signed on Friday, the club shop has yet to receive a single request for an Owen shirt.

This evidences just how widely the dissatisfaction with his purchase is felt; very few supporters feel that he is good enough to play for the team, and just as many are resentful of having an ex-Liverpool player in the squad.

An employee at United's megastore commented that:

"We haven't got his number yet, which might have had an effect, [but] we are not expecting a big demand even when that is known. As far as I know, no one has asked for [it]".
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
dont worry owen ,football fans are fickle. one good game and yuh inside
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Oguchi Onyewu signs with AC Milan
« Reply #334 on: July 07, 2009, 11:26:32 AM »
The man is a good defender it don't matter wether he playing for the US or any other team he is good in fact thats sound business I bet yuh he make allyuh eat allyuh words.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 07, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
guarantee - it must have some never-see-come-see already rocking it in Trinidad

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
Jokers yes, no captain America neither, but the anti-American propaganda does really blind some ah alyuh oui, well done Onyewu, I am sure you will do well....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »

allyuh guess who  :-X
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

ah man say if yuh wear ah Tevez jersey inside-out, is spanish for Owen

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2009, 11:58:35 AM »

Followed by the ubiquitous line: I think he is a good acquisition, he and the rest of the lads will surely get along. Berby, Giggsy, Wazzy, Scholesy, Ferdy and Viddy will surely make him welcome at Ole Traffy.

Més que un club.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland close in on £14m Crouch
« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:40 PM »
KJ or not, if Sunderland sign Crouch I will never support them again.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »
Good luck Gooch...

Like it or not yuh hadda feel happy for him- Milan is as big as clubs get...as far as a career as a professional footballer goes, Onyewu must feel like a dream has come true for him, so yuh hadda congratulate. 

Technically Oguchi has some ways to go- he's not a ball handling central back, but he's athletic and he gets in the way... Playing at a smooth playing club like Milan should help him develop the rest of his game. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »

Followed by the ubiquitous line: I think he is a good acquisition, he and the rest of the lads will surely get along. Berby, Giggsy, Wazzy, Scholesy, Ferdy and Viddy will surely make him welcome at Ole Traffy.

like u from the rhymees from sesame street  ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2009, 01:10:31 PM »
Good player. Could only get better. I could see Davies singinig in Europe in the future also.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »
I didn't always like or rate this fella , but he's grown into one hell of ah defender over the pass 2 yrs, maybe BC of bob bradly's influence, who knows. good signing milan.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
Nonsense!! crouch did what he had tuh do, that's how football go, man does do all kinda dirty ting under the table, if the ref was on point crouch woulda get ah red card and we woulda most likely draw or won the game,

but holding ah grudge against crouch for something that happened 4 yrs ago is just juvenile.

BTW sunderland doh need yuh support, they have over ah million true supporters.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
 :applause: :applause: congrats to the brother but wont be suprise if they bury him in the bench like other Euro clubs do to Altidore and Adu  :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2009, 02:08:30 PM »
Good player. Could only get better. I could see Davies singinig in Europe in the future also.

Sweden doh count? :devil:

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2009, 02:11:23 PM »
KJ, start cutting them dreads from now...pratice go be pressure otherwise!
:rotfl:

Online Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #349 on: July 07, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
Nonsense!! crouch did what he had tuh do, that's how football go, man does do all kinda dirty ting under the table, if the ref was on point crouch woulda get ah red card and we woulda most likely draw or won the game,

but holding ah grudge against crouch for something that happened 4 yrs ago is just juvenile.
Dat wasn't even a red card. That was a foul and a free kick. Maaaybe a yellow, if the ref in a bad mood.

I was vex blue at de time too. But I cyah believe it have people still holding a grudge over dat.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2009, 02:17:42 PM »

BTW sunderland doh need yuh support, they have over ah million true supporters.

It was the WORLD CUP breds!! not some sweat...and yeah players do all sorts of things to bend the rules but pulling hair is repulsive. Thats where i draw the line. Crouch is a C*nt!
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

Dat wasn't even a red card. That was a foul and a free kick. Maaaybe a yellow, if the ref in a bad mood.

I was vex blue at de time too. But I cyah believe it have people still holding a grudge over dat.

It's a sure Yellow if the ref saw it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2009, 03:54:28 PM »
juventus signed felipe melo....i go post d article wen it becomes available

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »
juventus signed felipe melo....i go post d article wen it becomes available

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2009/07/07/1369919/breaking-news-juventus-sign-felipe-melo-report

BREAKING NEWS: Juventus Sign Felipe Melo - Report
The Bianconeri have signed the Brazilian for €20 million plus Marco Marchionni, according to Sky Sport Italia.
Jul 7, 2009 5:20:46 PM

Juventus have signed Felipe Melo from Fiorentina for €20 million plus the full ownership of Marco Marchionni, according to Sky Sport Italia.

The deal has been done and official confirmation will arrive tomorrow. The total value of the deal equals the €25m release clause in the new Fiorentina contract that Felipe Melo only signed last week. The ex-Almeria man has signed a five-year contract in Turin worth €2.6m a year.

Juventus have been in the market for a top-class center midfielder, and their primary target had been Udinese’s Gaetano D’Agostino. However, the failure to agree on a transfer fee had seen Juve look elsewhere for possible alternatives.

Over the last few days there had been widespread speculation over a move for Felipe Melo, who has also been tracked by Premier League side Arsenal.

On Saturday, Sky Sport Italia claimed that Felipe Melo’s agents had reached an accord with Juventus, and that Bianconeri officials were to meet their Fiorentina counterparts on Tuesday in order to arrange a transfer fee and close the deal.

This was followed by an official announcement on the Fiorentina website, which stated that the Viola had only received one firm offer from Arsenal, and that they were negotiating a cash-plus-player exchange with The Gunners, that player being Emmanuel Eboue.

The saga continued to play out, and only today Fiorentina transfer chief Pantaleo Corvino insisted that Juventus had still not made an offer, and that Arsenal were in pole position.

However, Sky Sport Italia, an extremely reliable source, claim that Felipe Melo is now a Juventus player.

The 25-year-old will become the third Brazilian member of the Juventus line-up, along with Diego and Amauri.

Carlo Garganese, Goal.com
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2009, 07:34:51 PM »
interesting .... wonder which one of these transfers will have biggest impact on their new teams

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »
Might be jumping the gun here but this is a Irish paper and article, I wouldn't be too surprised if 1 of the 2 players is Carlos as Keane rates / has a soft spot for him.

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=36708

Keane “agrees fee” for Sunderland pair

July 8, 2009

Roy Keane has agreed a fee to bring two players, including one Irishman, to Ipswich Town from former club Sunderland.

Afterwards, he revealed that his recruitment drive, which saw Irish international Damien Delaney join from QPR last week, is set to sign two players from Wearside.

He said: “We have agreed a price with two players from a club I hope to meet in the next 48 hours, one of them is Irish.

“I’ve been linked with about 70 players since I took the job, they are two players that did very well for me a Sunderland. But it is difficult for us to get players out of the Premiership for lots of reasons and I can’t keep coming back to the same players I had at Sunderland either.”

Keane has been linked with a raid on his old club for forward Daryl Murphy, who has fallen down the pecking order at Sunderland over the past 12 months, while winger Carlos Edwards has also been mentioned as a potential Ipswich target.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2009, 09:51:21 PM »
Might be jumping the gun here but this is a Irish paper and article, I wouldn't be too surprised if 1 of the 2 players is Carlos as Keane rates / has a soft spot for him.

July 8, 2009

Roy Keane has agreed a fee to bring two players, including one Irishman, to Ipswich Town from former club Sunderland.

Afterwards, he revealed that his recruitment drive, which saw Irish international Damien Delaney join from QPR last week, is set to sign two players from Wearside.

He said: “We have agreed a price with two players from a club I hope to meet in the next 48 hours, one of them is Irish.

“I’ve been linked with about 70 players since I took the job, they are two players that did very well for me a Sunderland. But it is difficult for us to get players out of the Premiership for lots of reasons and I can’t keep coming back to the same players I had at Sunderland either.”

Keane has been linked with a raid on his old club for forward Daryl Murphy, who has fallen down the pecking order at Sunderland over the past 12 months, while winger Carlos Edwards has also been mentioned as a potential Ipswich target.

This was in the London Times
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6670487.ece

"Ipswich Town have agreed an undisclosed fee with Sunderland for Dean Whitehead, the midfield player, and Daryl Murphy, the winger, both of whom will rejoin Roy Keane, their former manager. "

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:21 PM »

July 8, 2009

This was in the London Times
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6670487.ece

"Ipswich Town have agreed an undisclosed fee with Sunderland for Dean Whitehead, the midfield player, and Daryl Murphy, the winger, both of whom will rejoin Roy Keane, their former manager. "

So Carlos ent going a place, in more ways than one  :'(

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 09, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
Not really transfer news but Pato got married this week.
Kinda crazy considering the man is only 19. D man really trying to be a next Kaka boy.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 09, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has confirmed the club have lodged a bid of over €40million with Valencia for striker David Villa.

GettyImages

David Villa: Wants his future sorted

A host of top clubs have been chasing Villa this summer, with Barca understood to have been locked in talks with Los Che for the past few weeks.

Real Madrid have already pulled out of the race to sign the 27-year-old forward, saying the price was too high.

Chelsea and Manchester United are both still interested, but Villa's preference is a move to either Real or Barca.

He recently called for a resolution to the situation, with the La Liga season fast approaching.

Now Laporta has confirmed Barcelona want to take him to the Camp Nou. He said: "He's (Villa) a player we're interested in, and we made a good bid for him, closer to €40 million than €50million."

Laporta also confirmed Barca would attempt to sign Franck Ribery, should Bayern Munich decide to sell: "He's (Ribery) a player we are interested in at a logical price. But Bayern don't want to sell. Although if they are interested in selling, we are interested (in buying). We need small adjustments; a left back, a central defender, a midfielder and a forward."

The Samuel Eto'o situation is no closer to being resolved, Laporta said. The Cameroon striker has been offered a two-year contract extension but has yet to respond, while Manchester City have put in an offer for him.

"I have called him a couple of times but he hasn't answered his mobile," Laporta said. "I don't know if he has changed the number or whether he's lost it, but I would like to speak to him."

The Barca president also said there is no way Lionel Messi will be leaving the club: "I love him a lot! He wouldn't leave Barcelona for any price. We are not selling, he has a clause of €150million, but more than that there his commitment to the club."

Laporta confirmed manager Pep Guardiola only has one-year left on his contract, but insisted both parties were content: "He's got a contract until the end of the season and he likes this situation."

1]; } ?>