May 16, 2024, 06:27:16 AM

Poll

Who is the better side currently.

Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors
Jamaica's Reggae Boyz

Author Topic: T&T vs Jamaica in August.  (Read 18460 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Jamaica in August.
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2006, 05:50:04 PM »
Palos. might wah make it a sticky ....

second that

GTA ppl we going to dis fuh sure

anybody want to make de trip to Montreal fuh the Canada vs. Jamaica game...see how SH doing, maybe get an interview from him too?

is the long weekend...and Montreal does always be a nice lime fuh obvious reasons ;)

yea i in dat, we go make a trip for the long weekend and see de game, sounds good :beermug:

cool man  :beermug:

that youth Atiba Hutchinson on the Canadian national team is a Trini too - currently playin in Sweden
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 06:02:29 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
How many members from the World Cup team will be in Toronto
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »
Does anyone know how many members on the World Cup team, will be coming for the exibition game at Lamport Stadium on August 27th...

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2006, 12:45:01 PM »
When you think about it, I don't think this is a game but more so a clash of various artist from both countries.

Why would  two Caribbean powerhouses select to play a friendly in Canada? and why in August? most of the palyers do have club commitments at this time?

Two caribbean powerhouses?

Here is how I grade the top concacaf teams:

Mexico 8/10, USA 7/10, Costa Rica 6/10, Canada 5/10, Jamaica 5/10, Honduras 5/10, Panama 5/10, TnT 5/10, Haiti 4/10, Cuba 4/10, Guatemala 4/10, El Salvador 3/10, SKN 3/10, Nicaragua 2/10, the rest 1/10.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2006, 12:45:59 PM »
When you think about it, I don't think this is a game but more so a clash of various artist from both countries.

Why would  two Caribbean powerhouses select to play a friendly in Canada? and why in August? most of the palyers do have club commitments at this time?

Mexico 8/10, USA 7/10, Costa Rica 6/10, Canada 5/10, Jamaica 5/10, Honduras 5/10, Panama 5/10, TnT 5/10, Haiti 4/10, Cuba 4/10, Guatemala 4/10, El Salvador 3/10, SKN 3/10, Nicaragua 2/10, the rest 1/10.

Well, he didn't say two Concacaf powerhouses...he said two Caribbean powerhouses. Since you gave T&T and JA the highest scores of the caribbean teams, i guess you agree.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:50:09 PM by Filho »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »

Is this nothing more than a fete matach?

If so take out the Soca Warriors and ReggaeBoyz part of the billing.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

Well, he didn't say two Concacaf powerhouses...he said two Caribbean powerhouses. Since you gave T&T and JA the highest scores of the caribbean teams, i guess you agree.

Not quite so. Ja and TnT have been the most succesfull Caribbean teams in recent years; but, they're no powerhouses for Haiti and Cuba. BTW, Both teams came out victorious in their last encounters with the 'powerhouse'. However, based on the warriors' good performance in the WC, I consider TnT the best caribbean team untill they play a relatively strong caribbean sides like Jamaica, Haiti, and Cuba.

If you were to grade Germany and Spain, wouldn't you give the Germans a higher grade than the Spaniards? But, would that make Germany a 'powerhouse' when compared to Spain? The same goes for the caribbean. Jamaica and TnT are not that superior to Haiti and Cuba to call them 'the  two powerhouses'.

I stand by what I said in my previous post. All the teams I gave a 5/10 grade are favorites to post victories against the ones I gave 4/10. However, those teams are so close in strenght that a victory of a 5/10 team over a 4/10 team is not garanteed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:04:27 PM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2006, 05:15:01 PM »
If we are playing a full team Sept against  Jam in Trinidad. Which players are we bringing for the fete match  in toronto?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »

Not quite so. Ja and TnT have been the most succesfull Caribbean teams in recent years; but, they're no powerhouses for Haiti and Cuba. BTW, Both teams came out victorious in their last encounters with the 'powerhouse'. However, based on the warriors' good performance in the WC, I consider TnT the best caribbean team untill they play a relatively strong caribbean sides like Jamaica, Haiti, and Cuba.

If you were to grade Germany and Spain, wouldn't you give the Germans a higher grade than the Spaniards? But, would that make Germany a 'powerhouse' when compared to Spain? The same goes for the caribbean. Jamaica and TnT are not that superior to Haiti and Cuba to call them 'the  two powerhouses'.

I stand by what I said in my previous post. All the teams I gave a 5/10 grade are favorites to post victories against the ones I gave 4/10. However, those teams are so close in strenght that a victory of a 5/10 team over a 4/10 team is not garanteed.

The term powerhouse is barely more than a figure of speech that is assigned based on historical results, current form and subjective opinion. Anyway, did Alberta ever say that Haiti and Cuba weren't powerhouses as well? Did I? Alberta didn't call T&T and JA THE two powerhouses. Just 2 powerhouses. I never said that either nor implied that when I observed your rankings. You are debating a point which was never made

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors vs Reggae Boyz
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2006, 07:26:31 PM »
yuh too confident of de past!

Dat is what happened tuh T&T football, de admin and de fans lived in de pst and let de football development slide....what happened was dat we lose we upper hand.

Jamaica will have a hard time beating T&T breds.

They always do...even when dey do win it is no walk in the park!

that 6-1 thumping in Jamaica some year ago seemed like a pretty easy walk in the park from where I was sitting in the stadium...
I admit it will be harder to do now.... ;)

u r supremely ignorant. that was not our National team..There were even non-Trinis on that team. That is no excuse, it is a fact. Your football federation marketed it as our national team and tief yuh money. You got a league select with a few national players sprinkled in. So get your facts straight...And read my posts..I doh shy away from the fact that JA regularly beats T&T now and that no matter what kinda form either team in, it will be a close game. So I eh crying yuh down out of National Pride...i just educating yuh so yuh could stop talking mess.

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Tickets for T&T vs Jamaica at Lamport Stadium Aug 27th
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
Hey I herad that the tickets are $45.00 advance and $60.00 at the gate, is that true.

TrinInfinite

Re: Tickets for T&T vs Jamaica at Lamport Stadium Aug 27th
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »
yea bredda, it turnin out 2 b a real yardman affair >:(

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tickets for T&T vs Jamaica at Lamport Stadium Aug 27th
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2006, 10:58:44 AM »
Yuh going ..

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »
But #8 should be playing in dat game.  Are we going?  ??? ??? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »
anyone going to this today?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2006, 09:48:37 AM »

Dat is what happened tuh T&T football, de admin and de fans lived in de pst and let de football development slide....what happened was dat we lose we upper hand.

that 6-1 thumping in Jamaica some year ago seemed like a pretty easy walk in the park from where I was sitting in the stadium...

u r supremely ignorant. that was not our National team..There were even non-Trinis on that team. That is no excuse, it is a fact. Your football federation marketed it as our national team and tief yuh money. You got a league select with a few national players sprinkled in. So get your facts straight...And read my posts..I doh shy away from the fact that JA regularly beats T&T now and that no matter what kinda form either team in, it will be a close game. So I eh crying yuh down out of National Pride...i just educating yuh so yuh could stop talking mess.

Stern Johna nd all teh others were there....the T&T national anthem was played, and the team wore red and white....
I dont care if you had 15 Brazilains on there...the resulty according to FIFA's web site reads Jamaica 6 Trinidad and Tobago 0.

Ifr anything, FIFA should suspend all yuh for using none T&T players on your national team. ;D

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2006, 10:18:45 AM »
anyone going to this today?

TI and I heading down....(Organic maybe) as well...pm me/TI if yuh want to link up man.... :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »

Stern Johna nd all teh others were there....the T&T national anthem was played, and the team wore red and white....
I dont care if you had 15 Brazilains on there...the resulty according to FIFA's web site reads Jamaica 6 Trinidad and Tobago 0.

Ifr anything, FIFA should suspend all yuh for using none T&T players on your national team. ;D

That is some serious shit. How d hell you could have an a-team friendly with players who not eligible to play for one of the countries? Who is responsible for this?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »

That is some serious shit. How d hell you could have an a-team friendly with players who not eligible to play for one of the countries? Who is responsible for this?

Jack Warner is FIFA himself...so dont ask me. Al I know is that the match was advertised as Jamaica vs Trinidad and tobago...the teams played in the Trinidad and Tobago uniform, the T&T flag was displayed on the flag pole, and teh T&T anthem was played. Turned out that there were two none-T&T nationals on the T&T team...One Guy from Sierra Leone, and another guy, dont recall where he is now. I believe the arguemnt at the time ws that these guys were in teh process of being neutralized.

The FIFA site today lists the game as Jamaica vs T&T, and not as Jamaica vs a T&T select.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »

Jack Warner is FIFA himself...so dont ask me. Al I know is that the match was advertised as Jamaica vs Trinidad and tobago...the teams played in the Trinidad and Tobago uniform, the T&T flag was displayed on the flag pole, and teh T&T anthem was played. Turned out that there were two none-T&T nationals on the T&T team...One Guy from Sierra Leone, and another guy, dont recall where he is now. I believe the arguemnt at the time ws that these guys were in teh process of being neutralized.

The FIFA site today lists the game as Jamaica vs T&T, and not as Jamaica vs a T&T select.

i wasn't calling into question what you were saying. I checked the archives on this very sita and they are saying what you are saying, except for the fact that there were 3 and not just 2 players. Conteh for Sierra Leone used to heat up the old SPFL bakc in the day, but there was a barbadian and a vincentian as well. All I want to know is how these guys can play in an official friendly. And that "in the process of being naturalized" is shit. There is no rule that allows you to play for a country in an official match if you can't produce you passport on demand.

I'm not discounting the validity of the result. I'm contesting what is essentially a great oversight or a travesty on FIFA's part. My guess is if its listed as an a team friendly its because the TTFF listed the squad as an a squad, and since jamaica didn't protest (why would they? they won 6-1!) no one in FIFA ever looked back once at the result. I'm going to do some research, and it'd be interesting to see if any of those players ever played for their own country...

ps this is the report on the game
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/socawarriors/scripts/match_report.php?id=268&cid=562
Jamaica trounces T&T 6-1
Written by Trinidad Guardian
Monday, September 01 1997

Jamaica wished Trinidad and Tobago happy birthday in a big way. They trounced T&T 6-1 infront of the home fans in Kingston.

It was the biggest margin of victory for the Reggae Boyz over the Calypso Boys ever, passing the previous mark of 1-3 played in the same stadium.

This is really turning out to be big soccer war between the two countries. Jamaica were out to get the Trini's after a humuliating loss they suffered in Antigua.

The JFF were looking for a strong Trinidad and Tobago squad, however what they ended up was a squad with only one European professional in the lineup.

The T&T squad had four rookie players in the game and had just thrown together a team last week.

The Jamaicans on the other hand had all there "pros" at there disposal. It proved the difference as the amatuer team gave the Jamaicans all the room in the world to opperate.

Jamaica were up to 2-0 in the first 22 minutes of play on goals from their "Jamaican professional" Paul Hall.

Jerren Nixon only in the game because he is awaiting a work permit to complete his £300,000 transfer scored in the 36th minute.

Ricardo Gardner made the score line 3-1 and Barbadian defender Nicholas Pitt beat his own goalie Clayton Ince to put the score 4-1 at the end of the first half.

The second half was not much better for T&T as they gave Jamaica space to build a new National Staduim. Paul Young and Dean Sewell completed the "cut ass" for the Jamaicans.

Two Trinidad and Tobago players were ejected. Adaryl John and St. Vicentian, now Trinidadian Welsey John were kicked out for dissent.

The T&T team was so decimated by player's overseas that they included three non T&T players in Nicholas Pitt (Barbados), Welsey John (St. Vincent) and Unisa Conteh (Sierra Leone). All these players play in the Trinidad and Tobago Football League.

All in all, the Jamaican's deserve the victory as they were match fit and ready to play.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:03:33 AM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Reggaefan, finally!
Jamaica101 here under different name.
Why all the fuss. Today is the real thing where our U-16s will show them who are the real Princes of the Caribbean, although Haiti has that title by default.

PS. How many Jamaicans on this forum besides you?    

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2006, 11:01:29 AM »
That T&T team RF talking about had four non T&T players; Nicholas Pitt (Barbados) who scored an own goal in that game, Welsey John (St Vincent) got a red card, Unisa Conteh (Sierra Leone) and some other player I cant remember his name. So he could talk all he want but he will never admit.

If we want to talk then right before Jamaica went to the world cup we buss they ass 2-1 in NJ, they play all they world cup stars.

If RF want to go back and talk almost 10 years now then we bust they ass to with some big margins and this is FIFA official event.

26-Feb-1947 Jamaica 0-6 Trinidad & Tobago (Friendly) Sabina Park.

8-Nov-1947 Trinidad & Tobago 6-0 Jamaica (CFU) Queen's Park Savannah.

6-Jul-1981 Trinidad & Tobago 4-0 Jamaica (CFU) Port-of-Spain.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:18:30 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
I thought the Team that beat Jamaica in NJ in 1998 was an all star Caribbean Team and I also thought that Jamaica beat Trinidad 2-1 in the 1998 Copa Caribe after we return from France '98. ??? ??? 

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~nfm24/football/1997nca.html

31/08/1997, Kingston, National Stadium
Friendly International
JAMAICA             6 (Paul Hall 10', 22', Ricardo Gardener, Nicholas Pitt 45' OG, Paul Young,
                      Dean Sewell)
TRINIDAD/TOBAGO XI  1 (Jerren Nixon 36')
Referee:            Vanroy Burnes (Antigua/Barbuda).
Coaches:            Jamaica: René Simoes (Brazil).
                    Trinidad/Tobago: Bertille St. Clair.
Cards:              Jamaica: Gregory Messam [R].
                    Trinidad/Tobago XI: Wesley John [R], Adaryl John [R].
Notes:              The Trinidad/Tobago XI contained Trinidad League players, including
                    foreigners Nicholas Pitt (Barbados), Wesley John (St. Vincent/Gren) and
                    Unisa Conteh (Sierra Leone), but the game still awarded "caps",
                    and FIFA considers it to be a full international.

Okay this is just wrong. If we had beat them 6-1, youlda see how fast they invoke the foreign players presence to say it wasn't an official match. This kinda crap shouldn't be alllowed to slide

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »
I thought the Team that beat Jamaica in NJ in 1998 was an all star Caribbean Team and I also thought that Jamaica beat Trinidad 2-1 in the 1998 Copa Caribe after we return from France '98. ??? ???

Well de reason why I mention it was becuase RF talking bout JA beat T&T 6-1 and it wasn't a full T&T team it was a squad made up of caribbean players as four of them not from T&T. So if he want to count that then I will count this....

Well dont even compare de Copa Caribe because we is king of that. In 1999 we beat Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, Guadeloupe and Grenada, de year after allyuh came back from de 1998 world cup. Then we beat South Africa, Jamaica and Colombia in friendly games around that same time.

MY point is, teams lose and win, RF cannot come here and talk shit.

We also beat Honduras (3-1) and Costa Rica (2-1) in de Gold Cup.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »
This is really getting on my nerves now. I was aware of this game but never in my life did i think FIFA considered it an official friendly.

Nicholas Pitt played for barbados AGAINST us in 1998, less than a year after "representing" TnT. Wesley John actually played against us in a flicking world cup qualifier no less...in the last semifinal round.

Either these players were capped for Tnt, either the match wasn't an official match. If they were capped for Tnt then they illegally took the field against us later on. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This isn't damn track and field... >:(

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »
i will refute the fact that Trinidad is better than Jamaica.
On head to head this is what the stats. are for Jamaica vs Trinidad from 1935-2006:
JAMAICA                                                          TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
P     W    D   L   GF   GA  Success                        P   W   D   L   GF   GA   Success
57   24    8   25  68   75  49.12%                       57  25  8   24  75  68     50.88%
Now Trinis might give themselves the edge considering the slight percentage rate, but keep this in mind: Trinidad has never beaten Jamaica in World Cup qualifiers which I point out since Jamaica withdrew from the 1974 qualifers after 8 of our players were suspended and also Jamaica did not compete in the 1982 qualifiers.
The question is where do we start fresh to see who is the better team?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2006, 12:58:14 PM »

Well de reason why I mention it was becuase RF talking bout JA beat T&T 6-1 and it wasn't a full T&T team it was a squad made up of caribbean players as four of them not from T&T. So if he want to count that then I will count this....

Well dont even compare de Copa Caribe because we is king of that. In 1999 we beat Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, Guadeloupe and Grenada, de year after allyuh came back from de 1998 world cup. Then we beat South Africa, Jamaica and Colombia in friendly games around that same time.

Sam? you lieing again. Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in the shell cup after returning from the Gold Cup in 1998. Onandi Lowe and theodore Whotmore scored, Stern John pulled one back for T&T.  If the squad that played Jamaica in Kingston was in fact not the T&T national team, thats something you and Jack should have pointed out to us before the kick-off..instead of at the end of the game. I bet you if it was a T&T victory we would never have heard a quat about players not being Trinidad nationals. And havent you guys since done the same thing with The Brazilian born player Seabra? Didnt he play for you guys in the Digicel Cup last year? Seems like its something you have done at least on one occasion since then.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2006, 01:00:45 PM »

Sam? you lieing again. Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in the shell cup after returning from the Gold Cup in 1998. Onandi Lowe and theodore Whotmore scored, Stern John pulled one back for T&T.  If the squad that played Jamaica in Kingston was in fact not the T&T national team, thats something you and Jack should have pointed out to us before the kick-off..instead of at the end of the game. I bet you if it was a T&T victory we would never have heard a quat about players not being Trinidad nationals. And havent you guys since done the same thing with The Brazilian born player Seabra? Didnt he play for you guys in the Digicel Cup last year? Seems like its something you have done at least on one occasion since then.

LOL. Look like T&T is a club.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2006, 01:02:51 PM »

you cannot done eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2006, 01:04:23 PM »

Sam? you lieing again. Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in the shell cup after returning from the World Cup in 1998. Onandi Lowe and theodore Whotmore scored, Stern John pulled one back for T&T.  If the squad that played Jamaica in Kingston was in fact not the T&T national team, thats something you and Jack should have pointed out to us before the kick-off..instead of at the end of the game. I bet you if it was a T&T victory we would never have heard a quat about players not being Trinidad nationals. And havent you guys since done the same thing with The Brazilian born player Seabra? Didnt he play for you guys in the Digicel Cup last year? Seems like its something you have done at least on one occasion since then.

you cannot done eh

1]; } ?>