April 20, 2024, 01:02:02 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Sweden Game (10-June-2006).  (Read 90918 times)

Offline cowman

• New Warrior
  • doubles slight pepper extra kuchela
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Sweden Game.
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2006, 01:56:18 PM »
we have Point Fortin we have Point cumana we have Point a Pierre now WE HAVE A POINT IN DE WORLD CUP.
England right now going and change the tactics they wereprobably going to put on Theo walcott against we but wha bet they play Rooney.

wh wh wh wo who say 2nd rounds

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2006, 02:18:42 PM »
Shaka........Man of the Match for sure...........He real prevent Sweden from some sweet goals in the nick of time.

We had a bet on what the scores would be.......... I said draw Soca Warriors 1 Sweden 1 ......... no one ever thought nil nil....... Soca Warriors you're real warriors indeed...........Fight to defend! You made us proud.

England Beware!  ;)

The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
ah now seein de game....doh ask why....hislop save we on many many occasions.yorke deserve captaincy,glen shot was beautiful.ah sorry fuh avery.thank yuh fuh de draw jah.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2006, 03:29:22 PM »
Hard luck Avery ... but yuh show dem man ... doh study dat ... Meh boy Glenn jus show dem dat he hatta be a starter ... Los, Me Mum, Dwight, Samuel .... fellas ...allyuh show dem ... really show dem ... dat no name cud take big man any day ... de back line ...DE BACK LINE .... DE BACK LINE .... ALLYUH RULE ... FOWARD EVER BACKWARD NEVER ... AH DRUNK AND DISORDERLY ... ...
WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS
Snake in de balliser

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 10, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »
Great match, I was at the Trinidad and Tobago Association in London and I had a good time looking at the match. Got my t shirt and my face painted. It was wonderful and we deserved it.   :angel:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO-SWEDEN: Coaches' Quotes
« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »
by FIFAworldcup.com

10 June 2006

Leo BEENHAKKER (TRI)
You could see in the game today that there are no more small fish in international football. My boys put the big boys in their place tonight. Of course they had more chances and higher-quality players, but we fought hard all game long. In the beginning the boys were a little impressed by the atmosphere and the occasion, but once we calmed down we fought for everything and proved that what is on paper is very seldom the same as what you find on the pitch. This is football, not mathematics and two plus two very seldom equals four, usually it's three or five. I could not be more proud of my players. They deserve this day. Look at their players from big clubs like Juventus and Arsenal and Anderlecht, look at ours from San Juan Jabloteh and New England Revolution...and look what we did. This is the beauty of our game.
Lars LAGERBACK (SWE)
It just one of those matches that happens now and then. We controlled the play and created many more chances than our opponents but the ball didn't want to go into the net. We were not sharp enough in front of goal and also the Trinidad goalkeeper, Shaka Hislop, had a brilliant game. I can't really come up with an explanation for what happened. I believe we played well but we could not score. Hopefully things will change in the next matches and our scoring can equal our overall play. I was not really surprised by Trindad's performance. They had some skill and they really defended well today, but we have no one to blame but ourselves. Now we are in a bit of a tough spot and we will need a win and a draw in our next games and maybe even two wins. We will need to restart our engines and overcome this opening setback
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 10, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »
fellas, all yuh agree that Jack should put up a fuss because dat umpire should not have given Avery a Red card. 

wha' all yuh say!

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO-SWEDEN: Coaches' Quotes
« Reply #397 on: June 10, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
by FIFAworldcup.com

10 June 2006

Shaka Hislop, had a brilliant game. I can't really come up with an explanation for what happened. I believe we played well but we could not score. Hopefully things will change in the next matches and our scoring can equal our overall play.

Well Said Sweden dont understand what hit them.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Sorrry TT but Sweden will winn
« Reply #398 on: June 10, 2006, 04:33:11 PM »
Tough luck Spiritus, Sweden eh win buh doh dig nutten, lewwe have a drink- I drinkin Carib, and I think you prefer...ahhhhh.....  toilet water.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Spiritus, maybe choose something else next time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Spiritus mustbe dead all now from drinking that :rotfl:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 10, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »
fellas, all yuh agree that Jack should put up a fuss because dat umpire should not have given Avery a Red card. 

wha' all yuh say!
first of all it is ah referee,umpire is for cricket.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 10, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »
what a great display of defense against the 11 men of Sweden.You showed heart and guts throughout and although im English and hope the best for England,the soca warriors ,as our English commentators said,will be EVERYBODY elses second team,good luck boys,hope you  get through the group as well as England ;)

From one adversary to another: THANK YOU!!!
I usually back the Three Lions in past WCs...but not this time ;D

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 10, 2006, 04:47:45 PM »
BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG UPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to de SOCA WARRIORS of de Caribbean. Up 2 now I still got Fighter on replay.

Great match, the ref can go suck on somebody big toe avery didn't deserve the red card. Sancho held it down in de back, and shaka is de bess. i out here workin ah internship in Chicago, and me naaah go work come thursday. long live T&T football!!!  :wavetowel:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank you Antiguan4life... one love

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #402 on: June 10, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

oh god...ah drunk and loving it...

ah gone again...
is ah fete over here...

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 10, 2006, 04:54:57 PM »
Shaka , Shaka , Shaka Hislop save like a boss 2day. The boys show real effort and they performance make me feel proud to say I am a Soca Warrior ;D

wow ......drinks like water. Trinicana enjoy your party girl!!

We flicking REACH :beermug:

Offline killadrilla

• Jr. Warrior
  • King Thierry
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »
big up to the whole team, they deserve it, especially shaka. carlos edwards probably impress a few premiership clubs, where he hopefully will be next season. also, big up the trini and swedish girls who were at that match, dem was rell good to look at, but still not as good as the match. It gonna be a long road to thursday..i have exams the whole week..Last of all, fire bun england!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 10, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

wha' all yuh say!

ah guess you're ah cricket man huh :rotfl:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #406 on: June 10, 2006, 04:56:47 PM »
Shaka , Shaka , Shaka Hislop save like a boss 2day. The boys show real effort and they performance make me feel proud to say I am a Soca Warrior ;D

wow ......drinks like water. Trinicana enjoy your party girl!!

We flicking REACH :beermug:

Ras no lie i cry...but it was ah joyous cry
45 mins ah bawl...92 mins ah take ah extra drink under meh arm and is gone ah gone

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 10, 2006, 04:57:45 PM »
I just came back fromm driving a hundred miles on the interstate flying the TRINIDAD and TOBAGO FLAG out my car. Just because we win. Let them see who we are......WARRIORS...WARRIORS.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 10, 2006, 05:03:58 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5679568?GT1=8297

DORTMUND, Germany (AP) - Shaka Hislop, Dwight Yorke and Trinidad and Tobago did more than just show up at the World Cup.

Despite playing nearly the entire second half with 10 men, the Soca Warriors played like they belong on soccer's biggest stage, earning a 0-0 draw with Sweden in Group B at the World Cup.

Hislop turned aside countless chances from the heavily favored Swedes, and Yorke provided a steadying influence.

As the final whistle blew, the Trinidad players mobbed Hislop in his goal. After the dejected Swedes left the field, Yorke led his teammates to the stands where they applauded their fans who had waited years for this game.

"This is like a win for us," forward Cornell Glen said. "We can finally get some respect from people. You have to earn it and I think we did that today."

Despite a decided edge in experience and talent, as well as the one-man advantage after Avery John was sent off in the 46th minute, Sweden couldn't end its opening-match funk.

Sweden, which has more players on its current squad from the 2002 World Cup than any other team in Germany, is now winless in seven opening matches since 1958, with two losses and five draws.

Trinidad and Tobago, the twin-island Caribbean nation with a population of 1.3 million, was the smallest country ever to reach the World Cup and needed to beat Bahrain in a playoff just to get here

Trinidad's next game is Thursday against England, the small country's former colonial ruler. Sweden will play Paraguay next Thursday in its second game in the group. England beat Paraguay 1-0 earlier Saturday.

Trinidad coach Leo Beenhakker used a defensive game plan with Yorke playing deeper than usual. Trinidad got even more defensive after John was sent off for receiving his second yellow card in the 46th minute for a foul on Christian Wilhelmsson.

But Hislop stepped up with big save after big save, including a sliding stop off a shot from Marcus Allback in the 80th minute.

Despite playing a man down, Trinidad got its best chance of the game when Stern John sprung Glen loose down the right side. Glen rocketed a shot off the crossbar.

Sweden came right back and Zlatan Ibrahimovic got another chance in front of the net but Hislop made a great reflex save to deflect it out.

"I'm really disappointed," Ibrahimovic said. "We played so well for 90 minutes, created so many chances. Only the goal was missing. But this is only the first game, we have two games left.

Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson and Freddie Ljungberg created numerous scoring chances for the Swedes. But Hislop frustrated the pro-Swedish crowd with his sparkling play and deliberate, time-wasting moves in the second half as it became clear Trinidad would be content with a draw.

Hislop came through with two key saves late in the first half, deflecting a 25-meter (yard) shot from Wilhelmsson over the crossbar in the 40th minute and making a diving stop off a half-volley shot from Ibrahimovic about two minutes later.

"We really had a lot of goal-scoring chances," Sweden coach Lars Lagerback said. "They played a great game. We did everything but score goals. At times we were not sharp enough, and their goalkeeper made several excellent saves."

With starting defender Marvin Andrews sidelined with a strained left knee, Trinidad's defense was shaky in the beginning. But Yorke and Hislop - two of the most experienced players on the team - did what they needed to deny Sweden.

"This is what football and dreams are all about," Yorke said. "To come up against a mighty footballing country of Sweden's status and obviously being a tiny country like ours. It's a massive result for us. Massive."

With Stern John often playing as the lone forward for Trinidad, the Soca Warriors had few chances against Sweden goalkeeper Rami Shaaban, playing for the injured Andreas Isaksson.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 10, 2006, 05:07:23 PM »
I bet they not talking this tata now....

http://www.sports7.com/sports7UI/Forum/Topic56-4-1.aspx

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 10, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
I just came back fromm driving a hundred miles on the interstate flying the TRINIDAD and TOBAGO FLAG out my car. Just because we win. Let them see who we are......WARRIORS...WARRIORS.

You'se ah mad-man ah wha', yuh'n see de price ah gyass!?  :o
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 10, 2006, 05:12:14 PM »

Boy, ah feeling tuh register just tuh tell dem what tuh go and suck.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 10, 2006, 05:23:55 PM »
« Reply #422 on: Today at 07:09:06 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elan on Today at 06:57:45 PM

You'se ah mad-man ah wha', yuh'n see de price ah gyass!? 

I don't care about gas prices Toppa. We just get a point in the Wc, against sweden. We is boss.

You ever feel so proud?

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
DWIGHT YORKE DOCUMENTARY ON NOW!
« Reply #413 on: June 10, 2006, 05:48:16 PM »
GAYELLE CHANNEL 7  :beermug:

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO-SWEDEN: Coaches' Quotes
« Reply #414 on: June 10, 2006, 06:08:54 PM »
This is football, not mathematics and two plus two very seldom equals four, usually it's three or five. I could not be more proud of my players. They deserve this day. Look at their players from big clubs like Juventus and Arsenal and Anderlecht, look at ours from San Juan Jabloteh and New England Revolution...and look what we did. This is the beauty of our game.

well said fadda. thanx fuh de fightin spirit dat u all showed warriors  ;D  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2006, 06:27:15 PM »
Spanish highligts on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPSuxUHsozQ
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:09 PM »
« Reply #422 on: Today at 07:09:06 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: elan on Today at 06:57:45 PM

You'se ah mad-man ah wha', yuh'n see de price ah gyass!? 

I don't care about gas prices Toppa. We just get a point in the Wc, against sweden. We is boss.

You ever feel so proud?

Lol It was up there with my Proud Moments, yeah.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 10, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »
i still feel beenie have more tricks up he sleeve   :challenge:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2006, 07:04:24 PM »
One thing I must say is that they must be looking at soca warriors differently now and i also this the guys showed themseleves once again to be a well disciplined and professional team hats off to Avery John well done soca warriors looking forward to see them take on England hoping for at least soca warriors 1 England 0 Go soca warriors go

ppl are looking at us differently but england seem to be still boasting a probable victory over us... saying they didnt play good today and they'll just score more goals against us... lol... let me see them do that against shaka and let me see how they going to handle glen

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2006, 08:33:42 PM »

All TT need is one more game like that against ENG and a win against PAR.  Even three draws can get us to the next round if we get help from ENG.  I see ENG winning beating SWE.  Did someone say "God is a Trini"
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>