June 07, 2024, 07:01:27 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v United States game (09-June-2007).  (Read 72498 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v United States game.
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2007, 05:13:48 PM »
did we have more opprt. this game or last ?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2007, 05:14:25 PM »
So the first of my predictions have come true.

The same predictions that were made on the "FAMOUS LAST WORDS" thread.

Well! At least T&T is still "Kings of the Caribbean" :devil: ;D
jjbrown

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »
ah now see what Wim was torkin bout when he mentioned fitness level......when Donovan collected that ball for the second goal..he blew the mid fielder like a full bus and none of the other defenders were able to adjust to as least delay him...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2007, 05:18:13 PM »

Stop watching Trinidad and go watch dem man-face 'woman' allyuh have in Jamaica...and I ent talking about no cross-dressers neither.

Watching Passa Passa is only ugly woman I seeing skinning out in tree...no wonder allyuh Jamaican man rather stand up in circle and dance wid each other in allyuh bashment.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »
We A squad would have done much better needless to say.  Theobald Ent ready for this level.  We should ah send a Inter Col team.  The Guats can't wait.

Blow The Whistle!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2007, 05:19:07 PM »
 The guys from PFL have nothing to feel shame about...USA have more depth, physically and technically more equipped and playing in higher ranked leagues...I feel no shame in this defeat...We have to organize that defense...This is just a stepping stone...plus if we beat Guatemala we have chance of going through....Go T&T!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
I think we need to complain to FSC about their distasteful commentators. One of our players was injured in what looks to be serious and there was no update whatsoever about it. Johnson has a little problem and they all over that.  All so they need not have a commentary team which constantly berates the official when it goes against the US, but when the same calls are made to the opponents it is the right one. NO replays on attempts at goals or good saves on anything positive that the other team did.

I am really upset that we did not get any updates on Noriega. I am fuming right now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »
Jack Yuh Mother coon coon thats all i have tuh say again the guys put up ah fight but they fell short again. Love how they work wim did his best so i have no negatives on that peace...................

agreed, men bawl all kind of 5-0 woulda be the scoreline.  but the boys did ok under the circumstances

YES...de fellas did way better than I was expecting them to do against the American Juggernaut.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:26 PM »

Stop watching Trinidad and go watch dem man-face 'woman' allyuh have in Jamaica...and I ent talking about no cross-dressers neither.

Watching Passa Passa is only ugly woman I seeing skinning out in tree...no wonder allyuh Jamaican man rather stand up in circle and dance wid each other in allyuh bashment.
Sorry! I have never been to a dance in my life and I'm not a Christian either.
I just LIVE!  ;D 8)
jjbrown

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »
Toussaint has shown that he has the quality to play at a very high level. His awareness is very impressive (did more midfield play than Theobald), plus he has the technique to execute.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »
I think we need to complain to FSC about their distasteful commentators. One of our players was injured in what looks to be serious and there was no update whatsoever about it. Johnson has a little problem and they all over that.  All so they need not have a commentary team which constantly berates the official when it goes against the US, but when the same calls are made to the opponents it is the right one. NO replays on attempts at goals or good saves on anything positive that the other team did.

I am really upset that we did not get any updates on Noriega. I am fuming right now.
Maybe Tallman, Patiot and Ricky could let us know
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2007, 05:22:35 PM »

you had to bring the man family into this hoss? DAMN WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »

E

Elan boy just start you own Channel and send your own crew.  Because Us ent give a rat's rectum about anybody else.  And that's not by accident that's regulated proceedure.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »
This still wasn't an America A team....so don't get too carried away with the score...the things the coaches in the PFL have to work on is fitness and speed...we have to be able to move that ball around a lot faster ...we looked like we were a day late and a dollar short for a good part of this game

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2007, 05:24:52 PM »

It doh bother you that you have to come to a Trini Msg board to critisize the Trinidad and Tobago national team at any chance you get?

I cant even feel upset reading your posts...all I feel is pity. Good on you though...you are consistently the most envious poster we have here...I think you've taken the crown from RF and Winipeg Fury. Carry on though...I'm sure others will pay you the attention that you seek.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2007, 05:25:53 PM »

It doh bother you that you have to come to a Trini Msg board to critisize the Trinidad and Tobago national team at any chance you get?

I cant even feel upset reading your posts...all I feel is pity. Good on you though...you are consistently the most envious poster we have here...I think you've taken the crown from RF and Winipeg Fury. Carry on though...I'm sure others will pay you the attention that you seek.
RIMSHOT of the highest order ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2007, 05:26:21 PM »
Toussaint is a boss...simple as that...Given the opportunity he will flourish...Roberts is a nice player but his enthusiam does sometime hinder him...We need a good, fast, solid center back and a general in midfield

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:16 PM »

Well said! :beermug: :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
We bad mouth Wim about The Local League. The Fitness level showed.
 On a positive note Williams- Roberts- Toussaint and we can work with / Pacheco/ Noreiga/ Thomas,
 Six to add to the blacklisted- seems hopeful. Dont know what to make of Bleeder.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
Well I new to in here so I don't know exactly how allyuh does talk about d team or whateva...but i agree with ponnoxx and what he say.
Anyway...I not one to focus on negatives so as for the positves i think a few players at least doing a decent job of putting themselves into position to earn a foreign contract. I watched both games and I must say Spann and Toussaint doing no harm to themselves...Stock Up like Dow Jones. I real mad that the full team not out there to represent our country but maybe the one good thing in not havin all the top players is these guys have a chance to showcase themselves and well so far these 2 taking the chance. I'm sure alot of ppl will talk about tactics and all that and 'we shoulda do this or that' but that is just my take on things. If at least those 2 players earn deals then when the whole fiasco is over next time the coach have to pick a team he might have 2 more foreign base to call upon. blessed
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
This still wasn't an America A team....so don't get too carried away with the score...the things the coaches in the PFL have to work on is fitness and speed...we have to be able to move that ball around a lot faster ...we looked like we were a day late and a dollar short for a good part of this game
MEP hush yuh ass nah boy...Well you go out dey and do it...steups

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 09, 2007, 05:28:49 PM »
I think Toussaint, Roberts and Spann should get some consistent playing time with the A team. By the way didn't it have a guy named keith Toussaint who played for trini once is this kid any relation????

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 09, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »

Actually I just left the RBSC a minute ago after posting on this forum. I go back and forth on both forums.  ;D
jjbrown

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »
We bad mouth Wim about The Local League. The Fitness level showed.
 On a positive note Williams- Roberts- Toussaint and we can work with / Pacheco/ Noreiga/ Thomas,/ Spann
 Seven to add to the blacklisted- seems hopeful. Dont know what to make of Bleeder.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »
I think Toussaint, Roberts and Spann should get some consistent playing time with the A team. By the way didn't it have a guy named keith Toussaint who played for trini once is this kid any relation????
He had a brother in the strike squad camp , I know he train with the senior team but I doh tink he ever play at a time...Dillon Toussaint...Septimus

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 09, 2007, 05:31:15 PM »
Unlike you I eh wearin blinders....and you have to call it like it is...so stop lying to yourself.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 09, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »

Yard man yuh wasting your time. yuh gloating out of season. come again when we A team get doged, this is we C team and by the looks of it they didn't lose by 6 clear goals against a U.S.  A team, the same team that gave the WC champs a run for their money with 9 men. so to me that's a victory in it self. :P :P   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 06:24:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 09, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »

Off-base and incorrect.

Paul Caligiuri, more than any other commentator in football gives the TnT squad it's just due...Dave Nelson also did a very fair job, other than in their questioning of the offsides calls...which went both ways.  On the rebound off Spann's 90-minute shot on Keller, they opined that the linesman had erred in calling the follow up play offsides.  It's one thing to criticize the bias filming of the game, another to call the commentators distasteful.  The Producers have more say, and certainly the Director, in getting sideline reports...to suggest that the commentators are at fault is simply ridiculous. Who knows what information is available on Noriega?  My guess is that they took him to the hospital as a precaution owning to the injury being to the head.  Anyone who watches American football could right away tell that it was a concussion...they provided the info that they had.

As for the no replays on attempts at goals...maybe because there weren't that many TnT shots on goal?  They showed both of Spann's attempts and they praised the ref for handing out warnings to twoTnT players who were guilty of clumsy challenges.  In both instances the players should have been booked (and dismissed, since it was a second yellow for each player).  Instead they lauded the ref for being fair.

FSC is marketing the game to an American audience...I wouldn't waste no energy getting worked up because they're not showing enough from the other team's perspective.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 09, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »

you had to bring the man family into this hoss? DAMN WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I find dat is de best way tuh shut some people up, ah nice hot dose ah reality.

I duz watch Passa Passa and I duz watch National Geographic....sometimes I cyah tell which is which.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »
dis is a team with players from a setta clubs dat the international scene have never heard of.

dey get called up because the best not dere to represent us.

getting vex with dem not going to win de game

True words man.

I wasn't vex with de players b/c dey were trying...but whole time I was cussing Jack and the TTFF. The GOL TV pre-show commentary (Paul James esp) criticizing them well and letting international viewers know the situation.

Some may be glad dat we have 2 losses in a row, as it puts pressure on the TTFF to resolve the blacklist situation...

Some also may appreciate de opportunity to see players that should be included in the first-team mix should the blacklist be eradicated: Kerry Baptiste (I am a big fan of him), Spann, Toussaint, Noreiga (I hope he recovers quickly), J. M. Williams.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>