July 27, 2024, 04:09:01 AM

Author Topic: Copa America Thread  (Read 120495 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copa America Thread
« Reply #930 on: March 28, 2024, 02:03:15 PM »
As much as I try to be an optimistic supporter, I don't have much faith for 2026. I feel like we'll compete and lose out in the final stage again, that's how it typically goes. We need to revamp our scouting and find players who can be difference makers when it matters most. I love the fact that we're organized defensively but we have to step it up a level to play on the front foot more. I thought we truly came alive after Canada scored and if we were playing like that a bit more throughout the game our chances to win might've been better. It takes a certain level of fitness and technical ability to play that way.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 28, 2024, 02:17:31 PM »
We're not in a bad place for 2026. I had faith in Angus, but when I seen the substitution for Andre, I knew that would be trouble. Andre is a good battler. He knows how to identify and break up the situations that cause goals.

We were in the game even up until the 80th minute. I sensed that Canada was about to concede.

Angus tried his best. If I was Angus, my wishlist would include:

Another CB (at least MLS level)
Another CDM (at least MLS level)
Another CAM (at least MLS level)
Maybe a left or right back

I was pleased by the play of Shannon Gomez and Andre Raymond. Andre Raymond has good football intelligence. He's in 4th division Portugal. Either he need a new agent or that team must be paying him big. I think he's perfect for an MLS team.

Remember where we were last year around this time. We weren't supposed to get this far. When I seen the competition in the Nations League, I did not think we would make it out of the group. Especially after the Gold cup performance.

Angus is there for another 2 years. If he is to be replaced, who other than Hart do we have in mind? I seen an interview with Hart. He's not coaching now. I'm sure the lines of communication are open.

2026 we coming

He hadda change the style to a more attacking one now or at least a set up that is more fluid for transition from defence to attack. Either a 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3.
You identified the exact positions I was thinking we need support.

CB - Leland Archer/Luke Singh.
CDM - Not sure who it have out dey.
CAM - the very talented DJ Buffonge has a Trini passport now. 18 year old Ty Barnett at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Danny Imray RB at Crystal Palace. Deron Payne in Netherlands at Volendam FC.
And the 20 year old Justin Obikwu CF at Grimsby on loan from Coventry. Also 20 year old Antwoine Hackford is a centre forward at Sheffield United.

Either way Eve needs to change things up cause we cyah get rid of him now with his contact till December 2025 and we don't have the finances to appoint someone now.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 28, 2024, 02:17:50 PM »
@soccerman, you're right. I thought we were on the verge of scoring after conceding. That is what happened when we played in the Nations League group stage. I really thought the goal was coming. And there were bright chances between the 68th and 85th minute.

Tyrese Spicer is looking like a good find. But we need a creative running type of midfielder to assist Daniel Phillips and Andre Rampersad. One who can tackle, run with pace and be creative. The Reggaeboyz have about 3 of them. Auvray can play that role. But he needs the stature. I think when he develops, that role can be for him.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2024, 02:23:33 PM »
Yeah Thomo. Luke Singh could also play the cdm position. He plays CB and also wingback. Those are the perfect qualities to transition into the CDM role.

Only thing Thomo, some of them guys you mentioned are bit young. I not saying that they can't contribute. But I say anyone around 24 to 27 is what we need. These U19 and 20 year olds might not be ready for concacaf. Especially if they coming from EU or UK

Deron Payne, needs a call up. How Angus miss him? He might be a good convert to that cdm role.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 02:26:56 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2024, 06:36:45 PM »
Yeah Thomo. Luke Singh could also play the cdm position.
this
I pity the fool....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 08, 2024, 09:30:16 PM »
Just watched Brasil beat Mexico, wow, best game of football I've seen in long, long time.

Brasil winning the Copa, and the 2026 WC :)

It's unfair to the other UCL teams to add Endrick to Los Blancos, on top of Mbappé.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 09, 2024, 04:52:08 AM »
Just watched Brasil beat Mexico, wow, best game of football I've seen in long, long time.

Brasil winning the Copa, and the 2026 WC :)

It's unfair to the other UCL teams to add Endrick to Los Blancos, on top of Mbappé.

How did it compare to Uruguay's 4-0 drubbing of Mexico?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 09, 2024, 06:34:10 AM »
Yikes, sadly, I missed that.

All I know is while looking for the Windies T20 game last night I stumbled across that game and as ah big Brasil man myself, I was in my glee! I thought the games was being played in Azteca, they even had a Puto-pause when Mexico went down.

What them Brasilians didn't do skill-wise last night is what they forget...I have to go back and freeze frame something Endrick did that I still can't figure out!

Then Mexico equalized and the 18-year Endrick won it deep in extra-time...hence my glad-man post last night bout Brasil winning everything.

I'll go check the Uruguay game though.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 07:51:32 AM by Fyzoman »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 09, 2024, 12:39:35 PM »
Copa started??  When?? 

@Fyzoman

Brasil winning the Copa, and the 2026 WC

Brazil supposed to win each WC since 2002....dais what ah hearing since then..... ::) ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 12:43:25 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 09, 2024, 12:54:28 PM »
That Endrick rabona trick had to be a mistake, he was probably trying to play it to the left wing, miskick and just react very quickly. Ting look crazy

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 09, 2024, 04:13:25 PM »
@brownsugar, leave meh with meh delusions nah girl😀

But yeah every World Cup I does say brasil winning, but this time they’re really gonna win!
They are playing friendlies Copa starts later this month, and Brasil winning for sure!

And yeah Peong I’ve watched it bout 20 times and still can’t figure it out..however after watching Vini do all kinda inexplicable madness during games I’m not putting anything past my Brasilians😀
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 04:14:56 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 10, 2024, 07:38:30 AM »
@brownsugar, leave meh with meh delusions nah girl😀

:heehee:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 12, 2024, 05:30:33 PM »
Brasil vs USA on Peacock and some Latino channels, Brasil forward line is madness!!

I’m a USA man I’m, but I’m a Brasilian first…WC 2026 is ours fasho!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 05:40:54 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 19, 2024, 09:14:24 AM »
Watching Argentina v Guatemala in a Copa warmup, I couldn't help but think how we coulda be playing them tomorrow nite!

Then I reminded myself that when I saw Neveal Hackshaw in the tunnel waiting to come out and play against Canada, I calmly said 'game over'.

FYI...Hackshaw has played all three years for Eve and didn't even make the current 39 provisional squad (and he wasn't hurt)...so basically it our took coach THREE years to realize he's not up to play international football...he did nothing that any other of our foreign or LOCAL players couldn't do...and with a lot less friggin weight!!

I wonder if is Deryck King, Hippo, or maybe Corneal finally told him to stop playing the damn fool and drop him :)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 19, 2024, 05:17:10 PM »
You gave another  reason why angus should be fired .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2024, 06:03:11 PM »
I sure everybody aware Fyzo horse dead, but he still flogging it like he fraid it come back. Lawd  :devil: :rotfl: :laugh:

I get a feeling he doh like Hackshaw.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 06:05:12 PM by maxg »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 20, 2024, 09:07:08 AM »
@maxg...nah bredda that was just a heartfelt feeling i had watching Argentina, thinking what could have been.
Who is this 'everybody' you talking bout, only you and GOP, asylumseeker and Trini_2026 doh like him ;D

It had nothing to do with my robust defense of Duaney eh, I know we had many other players (outside of Duane) who could have easily started in midfield instead of Hackshaw against Canada.

Nothing personal against him  at all, and clearly I knew what I was talking about, cause even though he's healthy, he's nowhere to be found now...somebody finally talk to Angus.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 20, 2024, 10:30:17 AM »
Hindsight is always 20/20. I choose to respect every player that manages to get a selection. Auvray could have started before this one, and Gill could have started before that one etc.
In Hackshaw defence, he still manages to get some kinda foreign pro contract playing a different position than where is is used. A feat many of our best local players seem unable to achieve. So as much as he wasn’t able to perform to many of us liking, he can’t be all bad.
I won’t blame any TEAM loss (or success) on one National , even if he scores own goals or the winning one.  I will even extend my analysis to the managers, selectors, administrators and fans. Personally I’d rather see we stop wasting down any National team representatives . The stress involved in that important requirement is enough as it is.  Even if we may think someone else would be capable of a better performance. In my experience, encouragement and support goes a long way to achieving better performances.
Don’t get me wrong, there are quite a few players I have been disappointed in, and preferred some other alternative, yet still have much respect for.  I know what’s it like, cause I was considered a good athlete, yet regarded as below average footballer in TT, and in Canada,
considered Potential pro level developing player before a career ending injury. 
Some players better in particular environments and certain levels. I don’t think Angus is the right coach for our Ntl team, don’t mean I think he’s no good for anything. He was one of our top Ntl players and probably a decent coach as well.  Still I might give someone else a try.
Ps: I like Duaney too, wish he could get an outside shot to gain more experience, along with a few others.  I know its not easy doh.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 10:32:41 AM by maxg »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 20, 2024, 04:21:27 PM »
IMO hindsight doesn't really apply. Two reasons why, Hackshaw has chosen to stay where he is fitness-wise, and Eve has chosen to keep picking him, until now i.e., they both had a hand in the foolishness.

And I'm not blaming the team's losses on him per se, but I know that when he is starting in the engine room of your team against Canada, you're basically giving up the game...again, he wasn't (quite rightly!) even in the team that BEAT uSA in the stadium, but you bring him back for the crucial Canada game, Angus feel is dotish people he dealing with.

So we might have to respectfully, maturely, sensibly agree to disagree on some of our points...I still hope Neveal could show peeps like me that he bout dat life and force his way back onto the team, much lighter than he was though  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 06:06:10 AM by Fyzoman »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 22, 2024, 06:31:01 PM »
those are some bad kits!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 27, 2024, 02:09:25 PM »
Imagine we can't even get a game vs Venezuela and we just a couple miles from them. We can jump on a pirogue and go dey, >:(

I am glad they buss Mexico though.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 30, 2024, 07:15:23 PM »
I'm too saturated with football to continue watching this Venezuela vs Jamaica game...Leon Bailey father probably smiling somewhere :)

Offline Marcus868

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 01, 2024, 06:57:42 AM »
You gave another  reason why angus should be fired .

Jamaica with all their accolades recently, failed at the COPA and the coach stepped down (I wish angus would) ...
I'm praying somehow the football gods smile on us and we get him to turnaround our currently failing program. (fingers and toes crossed).

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 02, 2024, 10:00:29 AM »
Plenty to talk about from the usa game last night. What was up with the var lines? I thought that process was reliable

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 02, 2024, 10:52:07 AM »
I never thought the day would come where I would see the US on the receiving side of the bad calls while playing "on home soil". There was even a potential red card that the refs could have called against Uruguay, but they gave a yellow to the US player.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 02, 2024, 12:21:08 PM »
They could have at least selected a ref from Central America (in the middle?) for the US vs Uruguay game :D

The Peruvian ref was a bloody mess, and should be on his way home!

I feel this new SAOT being used at the EUROS already has us spoiled, COPA still using the ‘old’ VAR with them thick lines…the poor US announcer wanted to fight the VAR after they allowed Uruguay’s goal ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 06:21:31 PM by Fyzoman »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 03, 2024, 07:03:25 AM »
Vini Jr., Bruno Guimarães, João Gomes, Andreas Pereira and Paquetá them trying real hard to make me relinquish my lifelong Brasilian fan card.

I am soooo happy Vini Jr. can't play against Uruguay, maybe then the team can focus on playing football and not just constantly yelling at the ref.

Hope this joker coach just plays  Sávio/Savinho and Endrick from the start and leave Raphina on the damn bench.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 05, 2024, 08:46:13 PM »
Canada giving Venezuela a run for they money. Exciting game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 05, 2024, 09:28:58 PM »
Oh Canada Oh Canada!!!!! Congrats maxg. Allyuh gave Ven. a run for their money. Big UP!!!!

1]; } ?>