June 08, 2024, 06:34:41 AM

Author Topic: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.  (Read 25041 times)

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
The decision to deny Lester Peltier a recommendation came from the top, Jack Warner and company. Michael McComie doesn’t have the balls or the authority to make such a decision without Jack Warner’s consent. Michael can sugarcoat it however he wants. It wasn’t his call.

Before the other Dutch coach went back to Holland, Michael McComie did an interview with one of the ttproleague reporters. See “Pro League players lead Olympic team challenge… as preparations intensifies” dated June 5th 2007 and play the video. In that interview he said that the Olympic team was going to start training three times per week. He also stated that it’s not that some of the players don’t want to come to training but the clubs are not releasing them in order to train. So why turn around and deny Lester Peltier a recommendation? This is a travesty!!!

It’s irrelevant whether or not Lester Peltier would have gotten the work permit had he gotten the recommendation from the TTFF. The fact is all the TTFF had to do was give the youngster a recommendation, nothing else. It wouldn’t have cost them a cent.

Why is this even an issue? You know why this is an issue? Jack Warner is a vindictive man that has to much power. It’s a dam shame that we are stuck with Jack Warner. As small as we are as a nation, we will never maximize our potential as long as Jack Warner is in charge of the TTFF. That foocker is to vindictive and shortsighted.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
It’s irrelevant whether or not Lester Peltier would have gotten the work permit had he gotten the recommendation from the TTFF. The fact is all the TTFF had to do was give the youngster a recommendation, nothing else. It wouldn’t have cost them a cent.

How do you know that is a fact....because Fenwick said so? I doh really know what happened, but 3 pages of accusations and noone knows all the facts.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 07:50:01 PM »

Maybe Wim and McComie were being asked to tell lies in this so-called 'recommendation' on a level that they couldn't morally condone. None of us really know anything near the full story.

...and maybe there's intelligent life on Mars as well, who knows. 

Even had they written a purely objective letter in support it still would have been preferable to no support whatsoever...then rudely dismissing the media when queried about it.  But keep giving Wim and dem de benefit of the doubt if you're so inclined.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 08:23:49 PM »
Guess who suffers? Ah well "Another Mother Mourns"  :beermug:

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 10:38:37 PM »
them men shoulda put aside the hate and write the letter, try help the youthman. nuff time  college coaches ask me bout trinis they thinking bout recruiting and i real big up the men, all this time i never even hear about the player or ever see him play. Make them men sound like they maradona. Sure nuff man here do the same help
The club was impressed with him, they know the man could play do the right thing.  But Hard luck peltier collateral damage ah guess

Offline LOCAL.

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 01:09:38 AM »
Fenwick is helping out T&T football. He hasn't only been seeking the interest of  Jabloteh. Besides Peltier...he is behind McFarlane, Akil Guevara, Hardest and Densil Theobald's Trials...He was also the man behind Colin Samuel's getting a contract in Scotland.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2007, 04:58:37 AM »
Ok, leh meh start. Without going into too much details, there are some points I would like to raise.

1)   NONE of these boys were eligible for a work permit. Fact. No letter from anybody, even Jackula could have helped. The granting of the permit has nothing to do with letters of recommendations. Is like applying for any normal visa/permit. The authorities done decide whether you’re eligible or not. The letter is just to help them make a decision as to if they should grant it to you.

2)   This application and subsequent appeal was rushed, and the participants were not even well prepared. Fact. Not even Rednapp was briefed before going in, as per normal when these things are done. Which leads to my next point.

3)   Who are Mohammed and Davis. As far as I have been able to find out, neither one are licensed agents. Neither have ever gone through the process of getting a work permit for a foreign player (non-EU). This was their first one, and they handled it badly. It starting to look like they eh even know the rules involved in the process with the rubbish they do here. Steups!

4)   Fenwick is ah backside. First you prevent the players from playing the international games which would have raked up some caps to help with the work permit process. Then you want coaches to recommend a player who didn’t play for them? What an arse!

5)   Neither McCormie nor Wim in the wrong. Especially Wim. He himself has advocated players going abroad and getting exposure and experience. But how can he recommend a player he has never seen?

For thoses who still bumpin dey gum and upset... please allow me to reiterate a quote from Redtrinigirl (maybe people didnt get it)
HOW CAN YOU RECOMMEND A PLAYER YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN????  The thought that it could be done on de strength is absurd.

Ah like it Red... straight and to de point.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2007, 05:16:51 AM »
Ok, leh meh start. Without going into too much details, there are some points I would like to raise.

1)   NONE of these boys were eligible for a work permit. Fact. No letter from anybody, even Jackula could have helped. The granting of the permit has nothing to do with letters of recommendations. Is like applying for any normal visa/permit. The authorities done decide whether you’re eligible or not. The letter is just to help them make a decision as to if they should grant it to you.

2)   This application and subsequent appeal was rushed, and the participants were not even well prepared. Fact. Not even Rednapp was briefed before going in, as per normal when these things are done. Which leads to my next point.

3)   Who are Mohammed and Davis. As far as I have been able to find out, neither one are licensed agents. Neither have ever gone through the process of getting a work permit for a foreign player (non-EU). This was their first one, and they handled it badly. It starting to look like they eh even know the rules involved in the process with the rubbish they do here. Steups!

4)   Fenwick is ah backside. First you prevent the players from playing the international games which would have raked up some caps to help with the work permit process. Then you want coaches to recommend a player who didn’t play for them? What an arse!

5)   Neither McCormie nor Wim in the wrong. Especially Wim. He himself has advocated players going abroad and getting exposure and experience. But how can he recommend a player he has never seen?

For thoses who still bumpin dey gum and upset... please allow me to reiterate a quote from Redtrinigirl (maybe people didnt get it)
HOW CAN YOU RECOMMEND A PLAYER YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN????  The thought that it could be done on de strength is absurd.

Considering the fact that the youth has no senior caps and he has never even trained with the senior team it is entirely irrational for the Coach of The Trinidad and Tobago Football Team to write any letter of recommendation with whom he has no first hand experience.

The Fed has nothing to do with British Home Office regulations.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

News of this move came a few months ago.  You are the coach of Trinidad and Tobago, you read that a young player from Jabloteh has had a sucessfull trial abroad and a club playing at a high level.

So u telling me that Wim not even once take a look at the man? All them PFL games that allyuh say that the man does go to?

Steups!!

I dont care what Fenwick do, this is real shit, this is the most shit i have seen in a long time and in my opinion, Trinidad football is going to the f**king pits.

People missing the point, all those who siding with Wim and McCommie, would you have done the same thing?  Alyuh feel that Peltier stand up and say that he ent going and train with the nat'l team? Is Fenwick that prevented the man from going because at the end of the day that is where he is eating his bread.

And now, after a successful trial at a premier league club, he must suffer as a result?

Anyways, ah waiting on mc commie response!!

ah f**king vex!!

better he pick up ah gun and start tuh kill f**king people.  All this talk about Fenwick this and Fenwick that, i really dont like the man but the man has gone more for young players (regardless of his personal gains) than the TTFF has and if anyone doubting that, just ask Anthony Noriega!!

steups!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »
My understanding is that his application was rejected because he hadn't met the "caps" requirement. Further, it appeared to me that he was unavailable to the U20 selectors as well and had maybe 1 or no caps there as well. As the national coach what kind of recommendation can you offer that would be worth your time or reputation?

If they had written just that and added that he was promising, how would that have mitigated against him being rejected yet again? What can they add about his character and temperament? Maybe they saw it as an exercise in futility. >:(
Live large and prosper!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2007, 08:27:54 AM »

Maybe Wim and McComie were being asked to tell lies in this so-called 'recommendation' on a level that they couldn't morally condone. None of us really know anything near the full story.

Even had they written a purely objective letter in support it still would have been preferable to no support whatsoever...then rudely dismissing the media when queried about it.  But keep giving Wim and dem de benefit of the doubt if you're so inclined.

Look. I am not taking any sides. I am waiting to hear more. I agree that Wim's response to the Express was borderline retahhhded. But my point is, I've had to get recommendations for university and grad school and some require the sponsor to opine on very specific aspects of the applicant...A recommendation is not always an open forum where the writer can write whatever he or she wants. I am curious to know if the so called recommendation had specific guidelines about what they wanted to know about the applicant..things that Wim and or McCommie could not in good conscience write

I also don't know if people know for sure why Peltier misses national team sessions. It's one thing for Jabloteh to not release him for the Digicel Cup,  but he didn't show up for the crucial Under 20 playoffs and apparently didn't have the decency to speak to the coach about it. Does anyone know what his attitude is like in the national team training sessions that he does actually attend? Does anyone know if he even attends the number of training sessions that were originally agreed to? Do the other Jabloteh players attend more sessions than Peltier or the same number? Why do we assume that it is all Jabloteh..maybe Peltier himself does not show up to some training all on his own accord. Me and my brother were wondering how an EPL bound 19 year old was not good enough to make the Gold Cup squad. Why didn't Wim pick him. Maybe is just Wim and Mc Commmie bad mind, in which case, shame on them.  But maybe, just maybe, Peltier's own actions led to this. Maybe he has shown no desire to be with any national team of late and maybe he has shown a poor attitude and offers no explanations for his absences. Hey..like I said, I am not taking any sides. I just have a lot of questions that I have no answers for and I suspect many who are offering strong opinions on the matter have no answer to these either.

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »
Mabe allyuh right!!

Wim and McCommie haven’t  seen Lester Peltier play. Hence, it’s not fair to ask them to give Lester a letter of recommendation.

If allyuh right, and that argument holds water, both Wim and McCommie should be fired immediately.

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
yeah you can say it not unfair but it damn unfair, we have samll amount of footballers than other nations so it unfair real good trinidad football real good.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »
As I said b4 long time ago when this post started I eh see Wim as being a goat, Fenick on d other hand a reallllllllllllll goat. So I waitin to hear from Wim. The work permit was neva goin to happen. The man had ZERO CAPS. Bearin that in mind Wim and Mccommie should a give a flowery recommendation and leh we see what Fenick would a say. The boy had ZERO CAPS. That is the Alpha and d Omega

As 4 the under 20 competition not being a sanctioned competition utter rubbish. plaos u in Canada the under 20 WC was it sanctioned or was it liie th ebreak a way league that Lar join up. If the man eh turn up for the under 20 competition because Fenick eh say so well these are the consequences.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
The highlighted text below shows what Fenwicks original plan rested on. :devil:

T&T youth trio not yet signed.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago National youth trio Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra all retuned from England on Thursday where they visited English club Portsmouth as the process to obtain their work permits begun with the aim of the players securing contracts.
Peltier had been on English soil last month on trials and got the best offer from Portsmouth who subsequently showed interest in the promising talents – Guerra and Hyland who recently got a call from national senior team head coach Wim Rijsbergen.
However the deal is not yet done as all three players must be granted permits before any deal can be signed which means that at the moment they are still attached to CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.
The TTFF was this week asked to provide all the necessary paperwork supporting the players status with the national youth teams.
“They arrived back here yesterday and Portsmouth have activated the process for the work permits,” Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick told TTFF Media. “Peltier has got a Dutch grandmother so hopefully that will work in his favour and we are trying to get a work holiday visa for Atullah. They also like Hyland very much.”
While Fenwick admitted that he was anxious over the wait to see if in fact the players can become T&T’s latest exports to the UK, he drew hope from the fact that Collin Samuel and Josh Johnson got their permits with limited international appearance for T&T at the senior level.
“Josh has gone out and he was at our club and he got through, so too was Collin who went out there with almost nothing under his belt and got the permit. We have got a number of people in good places working on it,” Fenwick said.
And while the youngsters wait out their time, World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley heads out again on another trial, this time to Championship Division side Luton Town. He will be joined on trial by Anthony Wolfe.
Fenwick also gave some feedback on the recent visit by a Millwall youth team, saying Jabloteh had also developed ties with Portsmouth.
“Things went very well with Millwall’s visit. We have also tied Portsmouth into a deal whereby they will have to send a youth team to Trinidad at least two times over three seasons and we are looking to build on both relationships. It’s an opportunity for us to showcase our young talent.
“The Millwall team thoroughly enjoyed their visit. The Tobago teams did their part, Millwall enjoyed the Dwight Yorke Stadium which is in excellent condition and overall it was a win-win for both sides.
“We have a commitment from Ajax Amsterdam as well but it’s something that will materialize over a period of time and of course Liam Brady, the man in charge of youth development at Arsenal still has to come here, maybe at the end of June by the time the Gold Cup is over,” Fenwick continued.
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »
Thank u doc. I guess the granny angle did not pan out. Samuels had few few is more than none
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2007, 01:36:09 PM »
It appears that Fenwick refusing to let his players play and train with the national team has come back to haunt one of these players because he now does not have the required amount of senior international caps (0) or even U 23 caps.
Alex from Brazil had to be parked at PSV until this year because he had not played enough times for Brazil. And even now because he still did not have enough caps and  he had trouble.
So even if Wim had gone out on a limb and  written a letter of recommendation,for a man who he has not seen play for the national team and only Jabloteh,saying the man is of the required international standard, do you think his application would have been successful?
Terry is just looking for a scape goat now that his actions have caught up with him.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »
It appears that Fenwick refusing to let his players play and train with the national team has come back to haunt one of these players because he now does not have the required amount of senior international caps (0) or even U 23 caps.
Alex from Brazil had to be parked at PSV until this year because he had not played enough times for Brazil. And even now because he still did not have enough caps and  he had trouble.
So even if Wim had gone out on a limb and  written a letter of recommendation,for a man who he has not seen play for the national team and only Jabloteh,saying the man is of the required international standard, do you think his application would have been successful?
Terry is just looking for a scape goat now that his actions have caught up with him.
There is no more to be said.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »
Not meaning to digress, but, I see in the article/quote from Flex that Aurtis Whitley went on trial to Luton Town...........whatever became of that? I coulda swear I saw him playing at home.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2007, 03:56:11 PM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

News of this move came a few months ago.  You are the coach of Trinidad and Tobago, you read that a young player from Jabloteh has had a sucessfull trial abroad and a club playing at a high level.

So u telling me that Wim not even once take a look at the man? All them PFL games that allyuh say that the man does go to?

Steups!!

Tell  deez effin idiots and dem again fuh mih nah!  You telling me that facking McComie is de U-23 coach... (and coaches Joe Public in the same league as this fella play), Wim is de muddc*nt national team coach and scouting men in de PFL for senior caps...and NEITHER of them ever see this man, sufficient to gauge his abilities...but facking Portsmouth a league, an ocean and worlds removed can scout him sufficient so that they want to sign him up.  and these facking dunces siddung in here wanting to believe that??  This is nutten more than badmind, pure and simple...even if they friggin considered it "an exercise in futility"...what harm is there really in putting pen to paper in support of a worthy cause..success or failure be damned?  What harm?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:45:12 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 04:02:47 PM »

Look. I am not taking any sides. I am waiting to hear more. I agree that Wim's response to the Express was borderline retahhhded. But my point is, I've had to get recommendations for university and grad school and some require the sponsor to opine on very specific aspects of the applicant...A recommendation is not always an open forum where the writer can write whatever he or she wants. I am curious to know if the so called recommendation had specific guidelines about what they wanted to know about the applicant..things that Wim and or McCommie could not in good conscience write

I also don't know if people know for sure why Peltier misses national team sessions. It's one thing for Jabloteh to not release him for the Digicel Cup,  but he didn't show up for the crucial Under 20 playoffs and apparently didn't have the decency to speak to the coach about it. Does anyone know what his attitude is like in the national team training sessions that he does actually attend? Does anyone know if he even attends the number of training sessions that were originally agreed to? Do the other Jabloteh players attend more sessions than Peltier or the same number? Why do we assume that it is all Jabloteh..maybe Peltier himself does not show up to some training all on his own accord. Me and my brother were wondering how an EPL bound 19 year old was not good enough to make the Gold Cup squad. Why didn't Wim pick him. Maybe is just Wim and Mc Commmie bad mind, in which case, shame on them.  But maybe, just maybe, Peltier's own actions led to this. Maybe he has shown no desire to be with any national team of late and maybe he has shown a poor attitude and offers no explanations for his absences. Hey..like I said, I am not taking any sides. I just have a lot of questions that I have no answers for and I suspect many who are offering strong opinions on the matter have no answer to these either.

I know nutten about Peltier, whether he eats left-handed or whether he wipes his ass front to back as opposed to back to front.  Everything I have read attributed to him indicates a commitment to representing Trinidad and Tobago...so unless he's lying, that pretty much addresses your concerns regarding his attitude towards the national team.

As for the recommendations and Wim and dem not knowing de yute...I find that hard to believe for the reasons outlined in my previous post above.  When I needed a letter of recommendation while going thru the application process, I got one from a high-ranking government official who had never before seen me, and whom had barely spoken to me before.  All he knew was that I was his daughter's boyfriend and I got a glowing recommendation from her...he didn't need anything else.  I got another recommendation from a judge on the basis of us having attended the same undergraduate institution, and on the basis of us being acquainted with each other at the dojo where we train...he knew nothing of my intellectual or academic abilities,  So if Wim and McComie really wanted to write that letter, him not kicking ball under their watch wasn't going to be sufficient cause for declining.  Plain and simple.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:51:58 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2007, 04:10:19 PM »
As I said b4 long time ago when this post started I eh see Wim as being a goat, Fenick on d other hand a reallllllllllllll goat. So I waitin to hear from Wim. The work permit was neva goin to happen. The man had ZERO CAPS. Bearin that in mind Wim and Mccommie should a give a flowery recommendation and leh we see what Fenick would a say. The boy had ZERO CAPS. That is the Alpha and d Omega

As 4 the under 20 competition not being a sanctioned competition utter rubbish. plaos u in Canada the under 20 WC was it sanctioned or was it liie th ebreak a way league that Lar join up. If the man eh turn up for the under 20 competition because Fenick eh say so well these are the consequences.

How many caps does Alex have for Brazil??

I know the work permit regs say the player needs to have played 75% of his countries internationals, but I thought that this is only a guideline and special circumstances can be considered.

I think that is the case with countries like Brazil, where the standard is very high and therefore it may take a player several years to establish himself internationally... particularly as Alex just got his permit without playing the requisite games.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2007, 04:12:45 PM »
  So if Wim and McComie really wanted to write that letter, him not kicking ball under their watch wasn't going to be sufficient cause for declining.  Plain and simple.

Agree with Bakes i probably would write the letter. 1 question-was peltier part of the u-23 squad under Mccommie?  Bakes wha yuh expect from  Mc Commie, hea gustine man eh?  ;)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »

I know nutten about Peltier, whether he eats left-handed or whether he wipes his ass front to back as opposed to back to front.  Everything I have read attributed to him indicates a commitment to representing Trinidad and Tobago...so unless he's lying, that pretty much addresses your concerns regarding his attitude towards the national team.

As for the recommendations and Wim and dem not knowing de yute...I find that hard to believe for the reasons outlined in my previous post above.  When I needed a letter of recommendation while going thru the application process, I got one from a high-ranking government official who had never before seen me, and whom had barely spoken to me before.  All he knew was that I was his daughter's boyfriend and I got a glowing recommendation for her...he didn't need anything else.  I got another recommendation from a judge on the basis of us having attended the same undergraduate institution, and on the basis of us being acquainted with each other at the dojo where we train...he knew nothing of my intellectual or academic abilities,  So if Wim and McComie really wanted to write that letter, him not kicking ball under their watch wasn't going to be sufficient cause for declining.  Plain and simple.

Here's another offering by this idiot to help shine some light of objectivity into those the dark area of your mind.  ;D It may also be useful to note the other Jabloteh players who were on the team :devil:

T&T starts Digicel Cup training on December 18.
[/size]

Under 20s try to accomplish tough task.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 footballers were back on the field at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Tuesday evening for another training session, their penultimate one before going into Thursday’s do or die leg with Jamaica.
Head coach Brian Williams, following Sunday’s 2-0 loss to the Jamaicans in the first leg, admitted that he tried to contain the Jamaicans away from home and his team is now faced with one option of going all out from 7pm at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium.
“We didn’t get the result we were looking for. We came up against a well balanced Jamaican team, but having said that, I believe our guys collectively played well, although I thought our top players needed to raise their game just a bit more, but all in all we did well,” Williams told reporters.
The deciding factor could have been the addition of Watford striker Joel Grant to the Jamaican line up and he will again be a threat on Thursday.
“We created a number of chances and we just did not put them away—that is one of the major concerns in our game and it was a defensive error that allowed the Jamaican striker Joel Grant who came in from Watford to tap in an easy goal that put us on the backfoot.”
And looking ahead to the final leg, in which T&T needs to win by three clear goals to advance to the CONCACAF final round of qualifying. If the aggregate scores end 2-2 or any other drawn scoreline (on aggregate) after 90 minutes on Thursday then the match will go into extra time and possibly penalty kicks. The away goals rule does not apply in the qualifiers.
“The mood in the camp is still pretty good. We have to work some more with the guys so they can realize it’s not all over as yet. They have a good understanding of what is required and hopefully they can prove it on the field. It’s a situation where they have to go all out for it.
“We have nothing to lose—our backs are against the wall, our World Cup hopes hangs in the balance.
Williams said he would stick to his decision of leaving striker Lester Peltier out after he failed to attend training sessions before the trip to Jamaica.
“He (Peltier) never turned up for training and up to now we have not heard a reason why— he did not go to Jamaica and I will not be including him in the home leg—I am standing by that decision, I think that was total negligence and a lack of respect for the national team—so we will be just working with what we have and I believe we have the strength in attack to get the ball in the back of the net.”

“We carried Stephan St. Louis and he did pretty well. He gives us a nice physical presence in the area, and hopefully he can come good on Thursday,” Williams added.
The Jamaicans arrived here on Tuesday confident of sealing the tie and will train at the match venue on Wednesday.
"The confidence level is high as expected but they know from our discussions that they need to come out more attacking. We definitely won't be going there to defend the two goals,”Jamaican head coach Dr Dean Weatherly told The Gleaner.
Dr. Weatherly, who also coaches Village in the Wray and Nephew National Premier League (NPL), said his plan is to get an early goal and unsettle the opponent.
"We have to go out there in an attacking mood and get the early goal and make the cushion a little easier. With the away goal, that would increase our lead and be a little bit more comfortable," added Dr. Weatherly. The Jamaica team remains the same and the same starting team is expected to take the field again.
News from the 04th of December 2006.

Jamaica takes first leg in U-20 playoffs.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 20 footballers had their chances of advancing to the final round of CONCACAF qualification made less probable on Sunday as they conceded goals on either side of the half in a 2-0 loss to Jamaica at the Harbour View Mini Stadium.
Jamaica got their goals from recent addition, Watford striker Joel Grant and maintained comfortable control of proceedings against T&T which came into the playoffs after failing to advance out of a CFU preliminary group with eventual winners St Kitts/Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Dominican Republic.
Grant put the hosts ahead on 33 minutes when he collected a well played ball into his path and directed his shot neatly past goalie Adrian Foncette.
T&T didn’t force Jamaica on the backfoot for any long amount of period and hardly penetrated, not even on the counter.
Grant put Jamaica into a comfortable lead in the 75th minute with a left footed rocket which left Foncette beaten all ends up. Draion McNain also saw his shot hit the bar while Foncette had to pull off a good stop to prevent Andre Fagon’s attempt in the second half.
The Jamaicans warmed up for the game with a 3-2 win over local club team Tivoli Gardens last week while T&T drew 1-1 and lost 3-2 to Venezuela. And their head coach Dr Dean Weatherly said a much improved team from the group phase was able to pull out the stocks in the first game.
“We prepared well and we did just what we planned for in the match. We knew what type of game they would play and we planned for it . The team was a much more improved one than what played in the group stage and hopefully we can continue this going into the next match,” Weatherly said.
Meantime, losing T&T coach Brian Williams could only add that his team will go all out to try and achieve a win by three goals to keep their chances alive of advancing to the final round.
“It was a disappointing result because no team likes to lose whether it’s away from home or not. We felt if we could sustain some of their pressure and then look to put the pressure on them later down then we would have  a chance of getting something from the game. But we didn’t settle in too well and they got two goals from their new striker. All in all a goal would have put us in a better position going into the second leg on Thursday but now we just have to pull ourselves together and go all out for a winning result when we play them again,” Williams said. Both teams meet in the second leg at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium from 7pm on Thursday.

Teams:

Jamaica:
- Joel Senior, Michael Binns (Andre Fagan 46th), Ricardo Cousins, Nicholos Beckett, Eric Vernon, Keammar Daley (Draion McNain (75th), Duwayne Kerr, Edward Campbell, Joel Grant, Montrose Phinns, Troy Smith.

Subs not used: N Bailey, A Campbell, D Smith, T Stewart, D Miller

Booked: Senior (42nd), McNain (80th)

Trinidad & Tobago: - Adrian Foncette, Radanfah Abu Bakr (capt), Corneal Thomas (Javed Mohammed 86th), Khaleem Hyland, Marvin James, Keon Daniel, Stefan De Las (Atulla Guerra 46th), Elton John, Stefan St Louis (Aaron Downing 75th), Silas Spann, Matthew Bartholomew.

Subs not used: L Bacchus, M Cadette, K Gray, C Mitchell

Booked: Guerra (85th)
News from the 29th of November 2006.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:20:20 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2007, 05:43:03 PM »

As for the recommendations and Wim and dem not knowing de yute...I find that hard to believe for the reasons outlined in my previous post above.  When I needed a letter of recommendation while going thru the application process, I got one from a high-ranking government official who had never before seen me, and whom had barely spoken to me before.  All he knew was that I was his daughter's boyfriend and I got a glowing recommendation for her...he didn't need anything else.  I got another recommendation from a judge on the basis of us having attended the same undergraduate institution, and on the basis of us being acquainted with each other at the dojo where we train...he knew nothing of my intellectual or academic abilities,  So if Wim and McComie really wanted to write that letter, him not kicking ball under their watch wasn't going to be sufficient cause for declining.  Plain and simple.

Bakes. This is easily the most shite yuh ever write in response to a post. I will chalk it up to a rare off day. Yuh really eh read what I wrote.

What Peltier says about wanting to play for the national team does not come close to addressing my concerns. Are you f*cking kidding? ;D Ent you studying to be a lawyer. Hope your concerns about what someone is really about ain't that easily addressed.

Also, your continuous rant about Wim and McCommie not writing a recommendation cuz they've never seen the player ::)...geezus. Where you see Wim and McCommie ever say that. And your examples of getting recs in the past are in no way related to the questions I had about the rec in question.

Anyway..we agree that it real sad that Peltier didn't get through, but as far as I see, there may be more to it than just Fenwick ranting and raving.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
Let us wait 4 Wim to confirm that he screw over Lester until then I willin to give him d benefit of d doubt

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2007, 06:22:36 PM »
Ah wonder if anybody ask Harry Redknapp who is Lester Peltier what he go say?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2007, 06:28:37 PM »
Lester Who?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »
And we wonder why some youths don't bother trying.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports4.html

“We had a very fair hearing. Redknapp and Hart made significant contributions and totally endorsed the player as an exceptional talent, but unfortunately his lack of senior international appearance has been held against him on this occasion.

“Harry was confident he would have contributed to his first team squad as he offered something different.

“I would like to thank Terry Fenwick for his valuable assistance throughout the appeal procedure.

“What disappoints me more than anything is the complete lack of co-operation by the T&TFF, in particular, head coach Wim Rijsbergen.

“He categorically refused to co-operate with us in preparing the documentation to assist the appeal.

“Personally I think it is wrong for disputes and in-house politics at national level between the head coach and clubs to hold back a young player who wants to better himself, a chance to a earn a contract in the English Premier League.

“The T&TFF and Rijsbergen need to take a serious look at themselves as ongoing disputes not only appear to be holding back the national team, but also players who want to try and progress abroad.

“What amazes me is Rijsbergen recently provided a written reference in support of the work permit appeal of Jason Scotland so what is the difference between Jason Scotland and Lester Peltier.

Mohamed also revealed that Peltier is set for a move to another European league with a number of clubs expressing an interest in the youngster.

“We will be looking at other options for Lester throughout Europe where there are a number of clubs interested in him,” added Mohamed.

I wonder what are the other teams in Europe that showed interest. Good luck Lester.

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

1]; } ?>