June 08, 2024, 05:36:13 AM

Author Topic: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.  (Read 150531 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where are they now: Maturana sighting
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
A Colombian in work here told me about a recent Maturana interview.
Maturana said that he wanted T&T to do well and was trying, but was being told who to pick by ppl in the TTFF.

Then he aint no coach as i supected. any respectable coach would not take that shit from anyone

I know Russell anit go take that from TTFF. And what people in the TTFF he talking bout. Only one person could do that.

Yeah you stop dey wid dat :rotfl:

Ent?

Ah suppose Porterfield wasn't a respectable coach.  Neither was Wim.  Nor Simoes.  Nor Bertille.  etc. etc. etc.

Of course we all know that super respectable coach Trini Terry would never take dat from anybody.  8)

Those three never bowed to Jack's assinine insistence. In Wim's case the players were banned. He lost his job because he kept insisting on having his best possible team and not because of the antiman LP. Bertille besides being a coach seriously out of his depth was an intensely proud man who, because of his insistence that Jack stay out of his coaching business lost his opportunity to do even worse as a coach. Awful coach but a very strong individual who Jack could not mess with. Jack could not mess with the prof. I say so.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
Maturana said that he wanted T&T to do well and was trying, but was being told who to pick by ppl in the TTFF.

Oh lawd, as meh granny in T&T will say, "mouth open torry start tuh jump out." Tell yuh co-worker tuh tell yuh some more, give us de run down, we really need it. May be is just me, but I honestly thought dem days fuh doing dat was over, cuz we went de big stage and dey should be at a different level as far how dey think. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 27, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Oh lawd, as meh granny in T&T will say, "mouth open torry start tuh jump out." Tell yuh co-worker tuh tell yuh some more, give us de run down, we really need it. May be is just me, but I honestly thought dem days fuh doing dat was over, cuz we went de big stage and dey should be at a different level as far how dey think. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Untill the TTFF is totally overhauled and all members removed and replaced that eh happenin SUPA

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »
looking through Spanish news to see where he said that. In doing so I see Ecuador is experimenting with 3/5/2 in their friendly vs. El Sal

Mat's also says Colombia won't qualify for WC 2010.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 27, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »
Why all yuh bringing up a thread with Pacho. All yuh did'nt like him. There is no need to reminist on the good old days.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 27, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »

Everybody know Jack want his hand in everyting.

I ask de Colombian man here what else Mats say, and where I could find the interview.
He say it should be on Caracol.com from last week but I eh see it there.

Anyway he say Maturana said he liked our players and wanted to keep the job but the FF wanted to have too much influence in the team selection and he couldn't do everyting he wanted, so he had to let it go.

He didn't mention the dissatisfaction the general public had with his tactics and subs, or any details of the meeting with the TTFF.

Also Mats say Colombia should hire a foreign coach.
My coworker was gettin worked up over that.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 27, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

Everybody know Jack want his hand in everyting.

I ask de Colombian man here what else Mats say, and where I could find the interview.
He say it should be on Caracol.com from last week but I eh see it there.

Anyway he say Maturana said he liked our players and wanted to keep the job but the FF wanted to have too much influence in the team selection and he couldn't do everyting he wanted, so he had to let it go.

He didn't mention the dissatisfaction the general public had with his tactics and subs, or any details of the meeting with the TTFF.

Also Mats say Colombia should hire a foreign coach.
My coworker was gettin worked up over that.

So if true he's a real coach den.  Maybe his subs that he used were based on players he had confidence in.  Hmm this is interesting tho.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »

Then he aint no coach as i supected. any respectable coach would not take that shit from anyone

I know Russell anit go take that from TTFF. And what people in the TTFF he talking bout. Only one person could do that.

Yeah you stop dey wid dat :rotfl:

Ent?

Ah suppose Porterfield wasn't a respectable coach.  Neither was Wim.  Nor Simoes.  Nor Bertille.  etc. etc. etc.

Of course we all know that super respectable coach Trini Terry would never take dat from anybody.  8)
Me eh kno wha some man does be thinkin nah.  Experienced coaches have endured it constantly with the TTFF but a rookie coach wanting to preserve his dream job will say "nah f**k dat, allyuh eh go run my program sah" to de TTFF ent?! :rotfl:

If Russell is so he own man, lemmeh see he 1) pick Brent Sancho &/or Kelvin Jack and 2) dey actually play.  ;D

Cosign
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »
Why all yuh bringing up a thread with Pacho. All yuh did'nt like him. There is no need to reminist on the good old days.

LOUDEST OF STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 27, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
i feel bad for mats here.  from the blacklist to the corneals. ttff is ah mess

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 27, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »
i feel bad for mats here.  from the blacklist to the corneals. ttff is ah mess

Easiest pesos he ever make. Snr chipmunk is he partner. Who u tink get he d wuk.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 27, 2009, 06:07:14 PM »
Well, let me tell allya
I AM SHOCKED to read this :devil:

I sure DAT ent happening on LATAS watch ::)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:10:55 PM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 27, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
I give Mats respect on one issue,he gave many of the youths and fringe players caps... :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 27, 2009, 07:06:32 PM »
I give Mats respect on one issue,he gave many of the youths and fringe players caps... :beermug:

He had no choice the old players were blacklisted.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 29, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »

Untill the TTFF is totally overhauled and all members removed and replaced that eh happenin SUPA

If yuh check meh post and dem, ah does always defend Jack. I still will defend some of his contributions to the game in our country. However, ah hearing Jack and he crew names coming up too often in ah bunch of negative things. Yuh know what, everybody cah be wrong. Well if these allegations are really true, dis type ah behaviour is totally unacceptable  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: May 29, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »

If indeed true and he succumbed, it confirms that Maturana is weak and would be ineffective as a coach/leader.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Where is Wim & Paco now ?
« Reply #976 on: June 29, 2009, 08:56:48 PM »
Any updates on their new assignments ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Wim & Paco now ?
« Reply #977 on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
Why ask? Does anybody on the site cares?????

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 30, 2009, 02:14:31 PM »
I does see goat everyday on my way home. ???
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 30, 2009, 10:06:52 PM »
pacho get plenty talk how he no habla inglese but how many of dis side have enough spanish to make it onto a side in colombia or wherever maturana turn up? they have some good leagues in south america - if pacho get a wuk and have a left back spot open for aklie  ;) , he ready to go? or dey doh pay de players in dose leagues? just wondering.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 01, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

If indeed true and he succumbed, it confirms that Maturana is weak and would be ineffective as a coach/leader.

So if de same said bout latas....wha we could deduce?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 01, 2009, 10:15:23 AM »

So if de same said bout latas....wha we could deduce?

He just like every other coach beside d one dat take we 2 d WC.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:23 PM »
Rijsbergen negotiates with Persepolis FC
Tehran Times Sports Desk

TEHRAN - Former Netherlands defender Wim Rijsbergen is the newest candidate for taking charge of Persepolis football team.

The 57 year-old coach has come to Tehran to negotiate with Tehran’s popular team.

“Rijsbergen is a good choice to coach Persepolis. We will make the final decision by the end of Sunday,” Hamid Jasemian, a member of Persepolis’ managerial board said.

Rijsbergen assisted Leo Beenhakker in Trinidad and Tobago national team at the 2006 World Cup. He headed the team for a while after Beenhakker left the Caribbean team.

Rijsbergen will bring an assistant from the Netherlands in case of reaching the agreement with Persepolis.

The Dutch played for the Netherlands in 1974 and 1978 World Cups. He has made 28 caps and scored one goal.

He has also coached Ajax Amsterdam (youthteam), Roodenburg, Groningen and Al-Ettifaq.

Persepolis did not reach an agreement with Spaniard Benito Floro Sanz, German Klaus Toppmoller and Croat Luka Peruzovic.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 12, 2009, 04:09:33 AM »
We got the wrong Columbian- The Haiti coach was a better option- Blame Alvin for that one.
 Plus it will not be a good career move for Latapy to play sancho/ jack.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maturana backs Trinidad & Tobago resurgence
« Reply #984 on: September 15, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »
Maturana backs Trinidad & Tobago resurgence
CONCACAF.com

Former Trinidad & Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana believes the Soca Warriors have the tools to return to the World Cup and in the top flight of CONCACAF sides.

From 2008-2009, the Colombian icon guided the Caribbean power to 18 wins in 32 games.

Speaking to CONCACAF.com at the FIFA/CONCACAF/CONMEBOL Conference for National Coaches and Technical Directors in Panama, Maturana recalled fondly his time with T&T and remains optimistic that it will improve after missing out on a second straight World Cup.

“I would be glad to see Trinidad & Tobago start doing well in the future,” Maturana said.  “I got to know the players and they are good guys, but they have to work very hard.  You see how good other CONCACAF teams are playing, like Mexico, United States and Costa Rica.  It is very competitive, so they have to work very hard.”

Maturana retired from coaching in 2012, his last coaching engagement was with perennial Saudi Arabian powerhouse Al Nassr.

He now sits on the FIFA Football Committee, tasked with inter-institutional relations between the football’s governing body, confederations, clubs, leagues and member associations.

Maturana urged CONCACAF members in attendance to review thoroughly the information presented at the symposium and implement measures to lift their football.

“All the aspects discussed here are quite important,” expressed Maturana.  “The CONCACAF teams have to decide which pieces discussed can be useful.”

In an outstanding coaching career, Maturana led national teams of Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru and Trinidad & Tobago national, as well as top-flight European clubs like Atletico Madrid.  In 1989, he managed Colombia’s Atletico Nacional to the Copa Libertadores title.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana backs Trinidad & Tobago resurgence
« Reply #985 on: September 15, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »
Kind of misleading. He is not backing us to do well. He is hoping we do well. They always say since things. 

I saw Rolando post a picture with Kaylor Navas and got depressed. Feel like the gap is getting wider and wider and we're not even playing friendlies. Unless we have some magic dust to produce a top side then we will have a very hard time taking points from any of that 3. When we qualified we got some points from Mexico at least.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana backs Trinidad & Tobago resurgence
« Reply #986 on: September 15, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »
I done say there is a front three and then a gap...Costa Rica join the U.S. and Mexico as the teams to beat in Concacaf

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Maturana takes up senior coaching job.
« Reply #987 on: September 16, 2014, 09:18:51 AM »
I done say there is a front three and then a gap...Costa Rica join the U.S. and Mexico as the teams to beat in Concacaf

nothing is special about costa rica tbh... i wasn't impressed with them at the world cup, they play together consistently that is their strength, besides that they don't have talent above TT... if TT works hard they can beat any of those teams on any given day..

but it is always lack of prep for us... like if we are being sabotaged from within...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 16, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »
They're a much more organized unit than us, and their World Cup experience may very well have increased their confidence.  They don't have high profile players, with the exception of Navas at Madrid.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 16, 2014, 09:56:53 AM »
They have a lot more players playing in top leagues.  They have a great ranking so they won't have trouble getting friendlies. I'm just amazed how everyone is taking their football to another level.  Even Haiti, a third world country (and don't start arguments about Trinidad is also a third world country), had their team in order. 

1]; } ?>