April 16, 2024, 04:02:14 PM

Author Topic: Kennya Cordner Thread  (Read 42196 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya Cordner Thread
« on: August 29, 2005, 07:26:34 PM »
Kennya Cordner....anybody see this girl play ??

i  go and see the ladies play when they have tournaments....so i have not seen the tobago girl cordner yet ...but last night on total football ( tv6) and tonight on football 05 they show clips of her in the u-20 tournament in st lucia....and then highlights of the republic youth cup u-17 final...meaning she is still under 17....she plays with st clair CS...they lost the final but she is real worries .....pace, aggresion good control and shoots well...ah know some of you saying that the other caribbean teams eh good and all that....but the girl have some talent...you all will see someday for yourselves.....with cordner joining the likes of mollon, attin-johnson and st louis...we have some good attacking players....cant say much about the defenders...which of course is the hardest part of the game to teach....

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:27:14 PM by Flex »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: kenya cordner....anybody see this girl play ??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 08:18:09 PM »
saw her last year in Mtl for the wcq tournament...very talented,lottsa hustle, if is the same girl ...the thing is whenever she was not playing, she was sucking finger, she was like a baby, but once that girl get on the field it was like the Tasmainian (read dat Tobagonian) devil.... the fans nickname for her was smallie...was not played enuff, coach claimed she was still too young, too wild...he was most probably correct, but the talent was obvious.. I gave a report on the team and her I think..

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 08:28:45 PM »
she was sucking finger....lord...dis the first time fuh de day i really laugh...thanks maxg....well she should use that as her goalscoring celebration

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 08:38:59 PM »
Hope this works

The starters

the bench
ah think smallie is extreme right on the bench

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 11:23:24 AM »
I was at home for easter, and went and did some work at the coaching school a couple of Sat. mornings. The first day I was there one of the coaches pointed her out and said, "just look at dis gyul an tell me wha yuh tink", they were doing small sided games at the end, and she was one of two girls who joined in with the boys. First touch, pace, aggression, bravery, just some of the words I'll use to describe her talents, and that's just at first glance. Big future if continues on the road she is now. Sky is her limit.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 11:41:02 AM »
I guess I have some stubborn preconceived notions about women's ball in T&T.....after I saw us play against Brazil a couple years ago, I was like "there's hardly any other worse ways to waste time, than to watch our lady warriors".....but seeing as y'all think so strongly of her, I'll ask these questions

what kind of education does she have ?
Does she have the backing/support to perhaps get out of T&T ?
Do any of our girls get scholarships to play at the U.S. college level ?
What kind of opportunities (eg scouting)are there in Trinidad to prevent her from up working at Republic bank Scarborough ?

It would be interesting to see whether or not she ends up like many of our wasted talents.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 12:14:44 PM »
I guess I have some stubborn preconceived notions about women's ball in T&T.....after I saw us play against Brazil a couple years ago, I was like "there's hardly any other worse ways to waste time, than to watch our lady warriors".....but seeing as y'all think so strongly of her, I'll ask these questions

What kind of opportunities (eg scouting)are there in Trinidad to prevent her from up working at Republic bank Scarborough ?

It would be interesting to see whether or not she ends up like many of our wasted talents.
One of the reasons why T&T womens team struggles is because a lot of our best players are in colleges in the US,it's not like the men they have problems getting released to play,but a lot of girls are playing over seas,my daughter was one.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 12:30:23 PM »

One of the reasons why T&T womens team struggles is because a lot of our best players are in colleges in the US,it's not like the men they have problems getting released to play,but a lot of girls are playing over seas,my daughter was one.

Well that's interesting to know.......and refreshing, because I was of the impression the women's football in Trinidad was dead end...Let's hope Kenya can go abroad, and make a career of football
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 02:46:16 PM »
I am no big time follower of womens football .

But some years ago, I saw us vs. Mex and (I think)Honduras and was impressed with the skill of the women.

Like in any women's sport...after a while u forgot it was women u were watching and just enjoyed the game.

Nice touch and ability...the TT GK back then, a short and plumpish thing, was a boss in goal...despite cut ass from Mex.

Quite a few young ladies have acquired schols in the US.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kennya Cordner Thread
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 09:50:38 AM »
Kennya Cordner joins WPSL's Northampton.[/size]

The Northampton Laurels FC of the world ranked Women's Premier Soccer League (WPSL) announced today the signing of Trinidad and Tobago International offensive sensation Kennya "Ya Ya" Cordner. The 2005 T&T female Footballer of the Year will join T&T striker/midfielder Maylee Attin-Johnson who is currently nursing a minor hamstring injury on the Laurels roster for the remainder of the teams' 2006 season. The Laurels are currently in 3rd place of the WPSL Eastern Conference - South Division with an eye on the Eastern Conference playoffs. "Kennya's signing does add needed offensive power to the Laurels roster, she is so talented with so much room for further growth" said Laurels co-owner and General Manager Tobagonian Andy R. Salandy. Cordner will feature this coming weekend when the Laurels play Maryland Pride on Saturday July 15th, and Adirondack Lynx on Sunday July 16th at the J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA. The WPSL is the only stand alone national women's league in North America, with stars such as Brandi Chastain, Shannon Boxx and Brazilian sensation Sissi playing in the league. Apart from Maylee and Kennya T&T have another player who happens to be Tobagonian defender Lauren Wilson (South Carolina State - NCAA Division 1), Lauren is the niece of THA tourism minister Neil Wilson. For more info about the WPSL and its teams log onto WPSL.

Related News.

Kennya Cordner already on target.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:39:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kennya Cordner joins WPSL's Northampton Laurels.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »
Congrats all the best darling, expecting great things of you.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 06:50:56 PM »
represent and get the most of d experience.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »
Ah go love to meet Maylee Attin-Johnson, that girl sweet boy.... o gome....

Kennya Cordner is a boss striker....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 06:56:40 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kennya Cordner already on target.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »
Laurels Beat Lynx to Advance to First Round of WPSL Playoffs.

In their first year of play as a team in the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL), the Northampton Laurels F.C. have already made history with a first goal, a first victory, and now, with their first appearance in the WPSL playoffs.
The Laurels faced East Conference- North Division top seed Adirondack Lynx in the Sunday, July 16 afternoon heat at J. Birney Crum Stadium, in Allentown, PA. Laurels’ captain Gina Lewandowski put Northampton on the board in the 12th minute on a penalty kick. The Lynx answered back seven minutes later when Mary Velan put a CJ Ludemann pass behind Laurels’ goalie Tawny Duliba in the 19th minute.
Laurels’ forward Trinidad & Tobago International Kennya Cordner who just signed with the club 2 days ago lived up to her name when she put the Laurels ahead 2-1 with the 27th minute game winning goal. Courtney Jackson was credited with the assist. The second half remained scoreless. "This is a special day for the Laurels, the players dedicated themselves to the task, and maintained a positive focus throughtout the season, we are very proud of them" said Laurels owner and General Manager Tobagonian Andy R. Salandy
With the victory, the Laurels improve to 6-2-2 and will use their ranking in the East Conference-South Division to travel to New York this weekend for a rematch with the Adirondack Lynx.
More information on the Northampton Laurels F.C. can be found at www.northamptonlaurelsfc.com and more information on the WPSL, its teams, and the 2006 playoffs can be found at www.wpsl.info.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Kennya Cordner already on target.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »
Good news  :applause:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 09:01:41 PM »
lovely.....lovely!!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 02:32:48 AM »

Congratulations to the Manager and players. 

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Princess Kennya Cordner Earns WPSL Team of the Week Selection
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »
EASTON, PA - For the second week in a row a Northampton Laurel have received a WPSL Team of the Week selection. In week 6, star midfield playmaker Maylee Attin-Johnson (Kennesaw State University/Trinidad & Tobago WNT) earned the selection, but it was her Trinidad & Tobago WNT team mate striker Kennya Cordner (Young Harris College) who made it onto the leagues elite list.

Cordner received the selection for her performances against East Conference Mid-Atlantic division rivals Real Shore FC and Philadelphia Liberty over the weekend. She led the Laurels with 3 goals and an assist in 2 games to propel the team to the top of their division, and in sight of another Eastern Conference playoff berth.

"Kennya is an explosive player, with exceptional abilities" said Laurels Head Coach [Trinidadian] Anthony Creece, "She is a proven competitor who isn't afraid to go at defenders, she may be a small player, but she has a ton of heart" Coach Creece said.

The Laurels will head to Uniondale, NY on Friday July 6th to meet last seasons'  WPSL National Champions Long Island Fury, the game is scheduled for a 5:30pm kick-off. View the WPSL week 7 TOTW list http://www.wpsl.info/news/index.php/?cat=1&id=256

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Princess Kennya Cordner Earns WPSL Team of the Week Selection
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 11:59:51 AM »
well done 'YaYa"...allyuh know she does suck she finger??....and i dont mean to make fun of it...

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kennya Cordner Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
Just an update on the Women's side.
Check out:
www.wpsl.info
www.northamptonlaurelsfc.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cordner comes back to key Laurels' 2-0 win over Liberty
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »
Cordner comes back to key Laurels' 2-0 win over Liberty
By Gary R. Blockus (The Morning Call)

For Kennya Cordner, the Northampton Laurels 2008 season ended almost as soon as it began.

Cordner, known as ''Ya Ya'' to her teammates, spent most of the summer playing for the Trinidad and Tobago Under-20 national and senior national teams.

She returned to the U.S. just 10 days ago, and tallied the first goal of the game as the Laurels broke a scoreless tie in the second half to defeat the Philadelphia Liberty 2-0 at J. Birney Crum Stadium.

''It was great just being back with this team,'' Cordner said. ''The girls played this team before and lost 1-0 ... We did our best and came out to win.''

The Laurels ended the season 4-7-1 with the upset win over Philadelphia, which eliminated the Liberty from playoff contention. Philadelphia (4-2-5) was tied for fourth heading into the night, and a win, with a few losses by other teams, could have caused the Liberty team to climb as high as second place, which would have been a playoff spot.

Cordner eliminated that hope about a third of the way into the second half. Melissa Kornock, the team's leading goal scorer, started the play with a run down the left wing. She made a nice through pass to Tracy Fitzpatrick on the nearside, who sent the ball wide toward Cordner on the right.

Liberty goalie Annie Loway played the cross like a shot, which took her out of position as Cordner gained possession and fired a crossing shot back into the left panel.

Kornock scored her sixth goal of the season in the 80th minute, taking a feed from Chelsea Paskman on the left before rocketing a shot to the far right corner.

''I think the girls came out with determination to win,'' Laurels coach Anthony Creece said.

Laurels goalie Caitlin Corrigan, a Pennridge High School graduate who stars at Moravian College, made seven saves, several of the outstanding variety.

''I think all the girls are looking forward to their college seasons now,'' Creece said, ''and I hope this will give them some momentum toward that goal.''

Stoners rained out: Once again, it rained on the Pennsylvania Stoners parade.

The Stoners, the first-year team that captured the regular season title in the North Division of the Northeast Region of the National Premier Soccer League, were poised for the first playoff game in their history when lightning forced a postponement.

The Stoners (8-1-1) were scheduled to play the New York Athletic Club on Sunday night at J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, but lightning forced a delay in the contest before game officials called for a postponement just after 9:30 p.m.

No makeup date has been set.

NYAC (4-4-2) finished in second place in the Mid-Atlantic Division of the Northeast Region.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cordner comes back to key Laurels' 2-0 win over Liberty
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »
She actually scored 4 goals in 5 games for the Laurels this season, including the game winner in 3. She also lead the Laurels U-23 to a USASA Region 1 semi-final berth.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Kennya Cordner Thread
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:26 AM »
Cordner heads for Australian trial.
By: Shari John (T&T Guardian).

National senior women’s footballer, Kennya Cordner left for Australia yesterday, where she will try out for four professional women’s football teams.

The petite striker has had a stellar year in national colours, finishing as T&T’s top-scorer in the Senior Caribbean Football Union final round qualifying tournament, the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games held in Venezuela and the most recently, the Concacaf World Cup qualifying tournament which was hosted in Cancun, Mexico.

The 22-year-old will be in Australia for six weeks on the invitation of the Football Federation of Australia (FFA).

If the trial is successful, Cordner will be given the opportunity to remain Down Under until the end of the Australian football season in February. Speaking just before her departure, Cordner said she is very confident.

“I have high hopes. I will be going with a mentality to make the team and not one to just go for a trial. I am going out there to give my all, not come back home after six weeks,” she said.

Cordner described the offer as an amazing opportunity. “This type of opportunity does not come around often, so I will try my best to make the most of it.”

Cordner explained that she has improved a lot this year, particularly since her brief stint at T&T’s Sweden based professional player, Ahkeela Mollon’s former club Kvårsveden IF last year.

Mollon now plays for Sweden’s top club Djurgården. “This is a much bigger deal than my stint in Sweden and this time around, I am much better tactically and physically.”

National Under-17 team manager, Janelle James, expressed her faith in the Tobago resident, explaining that she definitely has what it takes to make it as a professional player.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:47:48 AM by Flex »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Cordner heads for Australian trial.
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
It's sad she never graduated from college. Hope she makes the best of this.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 08:18:39 AM »
Neither did Dwight ... I like her mentality I think she will do well .. goodluck and big up :beermug: :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
Neither did Dwight ... I like her mentality I think she will do well .. goodluck and big up :beermug: :beermug:

Dwight had the opportunity to make millions, women don't.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »

ENTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 09:28:45 AM »

ENTTTTTT

Yuh sure bout that?! Ah sure Dwight spend ah couple of his millions on them women!!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 09:39:32 AM »

ENTTTTTT

Yuh sure bout that?! Ah sure Dwight spend ah couple of his millions on them women!!  :devil:

I sure she has d opportunity 2 make milllions herself but not likely on a football pitch kickin d ball
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
TT shudda have bout 20 footballers playing in England and Scotland and making millions,after Dwight made it and to a lesser extent Latapy there should have been a steady flow of our players to England.Our boys are as good as anybody but something is wrong with our system,what a shame those yutes missing out on millions,I hope things can change.

1]; } ?>