June 08, 2024, 03:26:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 147228 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2-2...
« Reply #1110 on: March 27, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »
No 2099 we just like to see when reality sinks in.
Jamaica forever under-estimating their Caribbean opponents or over-estimating their own players.
That's why teams like St. Vincent have yuh number.
Look even Simoes was surprised that we come back to draw.
I guarantee that he now has a better estimation of his B players.
It's no wonder why the Jamaican public thinks their talent pool is more than ankle deep!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Listen to this Jamaican joker asking questions!
« Reply #1111 on: March 27, 2008, 02:37:49 PM »
see wha ah does tell allyuh....no respect....brit fu#kers
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 27, 2008, 02:47:06 PM »
Hmm!

This 2-2 draw seems to have all Trinis on a high. It's like they finally beat Jamaica in "The Office" after many attempts since the start of the 21st century.

Uh, that would be "The Orifice".... garanted you folks had to use British scab labour because the local Talent pool pile is too hot and steamy to select from.

Did we mention a 16 and 18 year old was part of the inexperienced team that kept the scab labour in check?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: The unbiased evaluation thread - Jamaica vs T&T
« Reply #1113 on: March 27, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »
2nd half.

To be quite honest, I not impressed. I won't make this as structured as the other one because it doh have that much to say. You could pretty much sum up the first 30 minutes of the half like this.

Trinis lose ball in last 3rd going forward. Jamaicans counter. Jamaicans lose ball going forward in last third. Trinis go up. Jamaicans break up Trinis outside the box. Trinis waste free kick. Jamaicans go forward. Jamaicans blast wide/overbars with numerical superiority. Repeat.

Jamaica had only one real chance. Shelton run into the box on a cross and foul Jan while he was jumping up to take it. Somebody blast de rebound off the crossbar but ref had alread call it. They had a couple 4 on 3's countering and never even draw a save out of JMW, trying to blast from outside the box.
Kerr, who replace Ricketts at the half had one save to make before the first goal, and he flatten Roberts to make it.
The only other event of note was when Roberts lay off for Hyland in the box unmarked on what was probably our best sequence of the entire game (about 6-7 attacking passes) and he blast it overbars.

About the goals. Anybody who tell you we ent score from open play lie. Nah, let me rephrase dat. De bold face liar who tell yuh dat right here on this forum deserve a clout.
Is probably one of the jokiest goals you will ever see, when you think about it though. Daniel and somebody else get smart with the free kick just outside the box and the wall break and boot it out long before man had time to blast it. Game reset all kinda thing; J'can defense still in wall as well as 2 TNT players. Telesford pick up the ball in the midfield, pass it forward to Aurthis on the flank. Aurthis get the ball tracking back, swing it in for Roberts in the box. Telesford run in and all this time Jcan defense still pack up tight like they waiting on a next free kick. Nobody ent pick up Telesford running into the box so Roberts head it right in front of him and he chip the keeper.

Now I can't really say that Telesford dominate or had a good game, but he was 100% responsible for that goal. On the play that draw the kick, JMW kick out and the first Trini player hit a unsaveable pass to Telesford on the right wing. He had the choice between hit it out or let the onrushing Jam player get it, and he hit the man ah cap just keep on running, pass it on to Edwards, who set up Roberts nice on the edge of the area before he get flatten again.

Jamaica start running around like headless chickens. Same agressiveness but now, they looking wild. Trinidad actually start stringing passes together but same damn thing losing it everywhere, getting run over by the Jamaican defenders. TNT on a SLOW counter after 2 jamaicans lose the ball by we corner flag, Roberts end up by the left byline round de halfline with 2 men on him, hold the ball well and get flatten (again). Edwards swing in the free kick for two lonely red shirts in the box, , ball headed towards the corner flag, and under absolutely no pressure at all the Jamaican defender decide to put the ball out right in front of him instead of hoofing it upfield. Not sure who take the throw in, but another Jam defender try to scissor kick the ball out, completely miss it, ball fall. Whitley pick it up do he stutter step to beat a defender, bawlout to the referee ALYUH MOOOOOOVEEEEE and buss a bullet from just outside the box. It wasn't too hard, but the keeper probably didn't see it leave the ground because of the referee skipping out of the way.

As far as Jam substitutions go, is not like if Simmoes make all of the substitution at the same time. Yes, Jam take the foot off the gas, but is mainly because they didn't have a clue where to drive. The only man who look like he knew what the plan was/should've been was Burton.

But that doh hide the fact that we didn't play particularly well. All things considered we basically play for 35-40 minutes all game. I suppose a lot could be said when we send a team with the minimum of stars to play a minimum number of minutes and still draw Jamaica in they home stadium, but I'm not impressed with anyone except Roberts. For such a small looking fella dat man could take pound. He get flatten, knock down, run over and iron about 10 times during the entire match and didn't even flinch. Kept the ball very well and excellent touch when distributing. I'm sorry we didn't really get to see him shoot.
That said I'm convinced he should be on our first XI for serious qualifiers no matter who come back, and no matter the role he have to play.

Aurthis show that he has the talent to make it outside, but I don't think he shouldered the capains armband very well in the general play.
Hyland has potential but I don't see him ready in 2 years. Dat roly poly he put down in front of the Jamaican box was real slick though.
Telesford definitely a cut above but I think he should stick to playing central defense, right back if necessary. I also don't know how much of his match sharpness he's regained since the injury and the end of the MLS season.
Thomas could cut it against physical teams once he back into shape. Ah fraid him against strikers with speed though.
Baptiste had a forgettable game, but it wasn't his fault.
Other than Adams and (maybe) Gay who I don't think we'll be seeing seriously in any senior competitive matches this cycle again, I don't really have much to say on anybody else. (who I forget?)
The jury still out on Hislop/Patterson/Edwards/Cupid IMO
JMW is nice cover to have for Ince. He need to get some first team ball though.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).
« Reply #1114 on: March 27, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »
Just finish watch that 1st half. Jamaica had the most of the posession but they really eh dominate nutten. The JA plays come from the mids and backs getting the ball to the wingers, who were not all that skillful but faster than our players. Then they start to jam Adams on the left. Adams played perfectly well he just was unable to assert physical dominance on that ocassion.  I find he have a real good eye and good sense of positioning. His passing and confidence on the ball is not bad atall. Once he get used to the roughness and get a little bigger he will become a top player no question.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:54:41 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 27, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »
No body ain't have the game on their system, help nah somebody, ah want to watch the game.                       positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 27, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
No body ain't have the game on their system, help nah somebody, ah want to watch the game.                       positive.
1st Half
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gngcjl

2nd Half(starts 5 seconds after kick off)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u5k39b

Capped and Released by Small Mag
Enjoy
 :beermug:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 27, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
Totally unacceptable after all who is TNT. Somebody educate d fella
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 27, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
de idiot say, "dis is trinidad yuh know sah, ah SIX dis side ha fi get yuh know sah." Like we is some fly by night side or what? Dis fellah is a real journalist?

he sound like some fool they let in de conference...no sense of journalistic candour

Marlon King look like he was trying not to laugh at him later on in the vid...they lucky they put King there he save some face for them with his comments

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 27, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »
de idiot say, "dis is trinidad yuh know sah, ah SIX dis side ha fi get yuh know sah." Like we is some fly by night side or what? Dis fellah is a real journalist?

he sound like some fool they let in de conference...no sense of journalistic candour

Marlon King look like he was trying not to laugh at him later on in the vid...they lucky they put King there he save some face for them with his comments
Marlon sounds cool
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 27, 2008, 03:07:46 PM »

Marlon sounds cool

of course he does...its the full english accent...Not fi si hia hi dem goat language...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 27, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
whoa...this gettin heated. It have anywhere I could dongload de game? I want to see for myself how these two teams played yesterday instead of reading biased accounts.

1st Half
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gngcjl

2nd Half(starts 5 seconds after kick off)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u5k39b

Capped and Released by Small Mag
Enjoy
 :beermug:

enjoy
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 27, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
Marlon sounds cool
of course he does...its the full english accent...Not fi si hia hi dem goat language...
ok, sorry, should have worded it like this
Marlon sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 27, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »
Allyuh not all Jamaicans bad eh.  :D

This is what my friend had to say about the results:

"Thing is, I'm not 'upset', like The Clueless One (Re: Avram Grant - he's a Chelsea fan) upset....Simoes wanted to see how some of these bench players would've faired....an obviously, they're clearly not cut out to play on the national level.

Fair result though...we dominated the 1st, T&T dominated the 2nd, so I'm not terribly disappointed...but in the 90th minute, dem defenders should have more pride dan dat!"

And bout the defenders:

"Simoes need to bench some a dem Reggae TOYZ....Some a dem Central Defender fi go find wuk, an figet bout ball fi good..."

lol

So not everybody is an RF or Jamaica2009, or that "reporter".
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:24:42 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 27, 2008, 03:28:37 PM »
 ;D ah jus find dat was funny  :rotfl: in time son, in time  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: March 27, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »
Midnight,  ah see with all the efforts yuh made to keep it clean fell through. them fellas can't even hold it down for 2 pages without trolling, it was a good effort though. since i didn't get to see the game i thought that the ppl who saw it would at least be cool for a second and bring an unbias analysis, ah guess not.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Apart from certain Jamaican posters on this site
« Reply #1126 on: March 27, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
Doh feel dat LionPaw does only post shit on this site.

Men does be tellin him he talkin shit in the jamaican forums too.

Ah see he say he only recently find out that T&T invented the steel pan, he thought it was a Jamaican invention.

That is a very accurate measure of his ignorance.
If yuh take ppl like dat seriously yuh will bring yuhself down.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1127 on: March 27, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
... but I'm not impressed with anyone except Roberts. For such a small looking fella dat man could take pound. He get flatten, knock down, run over and iron about 10 times during the entire match and didn't even flinch. Kept the ball very well and excellent touch when distributing. I'm sorry we didn't really get to see him shoot.
That said I'm convinced he should be on our first XI for serious qualifiers no matter who come back, and no matter the role he have to play.
I just realize today that we never get to see Roberts in a A team yet. I would love to see how Roberts and Kenwyne or Roberts and Stern would look. We does forget about him but he playing and scoring at the highest standard of ball behind the Sunderland fellas.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 27, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
Even Simoes realise dat fellow ain't no journalist,not even a comedian but a joker.A big jamaican idiot joker.Someone we easily call in Trinidad stupid,dotish or both.

leroy

Trinidad in Jamaica Final Comment:
« Reply #1129 on: March 27, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
You guys deserve Braging rights for the tied Game,But to be objective Both Teams  were
experimenting .The first leg is 2-2 and the second leg will be played in Port of Spain
two months from now.Guys,I give credit to Trinidad & Tob for getting a good result,
You have been to the last World Cup finals,so to be realistic a 2-2 result should not be
surprising.Am asking a Question to  the forum, Jamaica & Trinidad are playng for a Cup,will
 the away goal rule applies in the 2nd leg ? . Someone with info answer ASAP.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #1130 on: March 27, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
First off I want us to understand where the journalist comment came from. I totally understand his opinion. I am sure similar comments about our ash Wednesday fixture with Guadeloupe were voiced.

Let me explain.......

World Cup Qualification is right around the corner and most teams like to have a solid results going into their campaign.
A tie especially at this crucial time may stimulate even more concern.

Secondly, Trinidad and Tobago has recently gotten a new coach, dropped in the FIFA ranking, and also stilling trying to sort a couple players out ourselves and things of that nature.

I think on paper Jamaica has the edge on us, because statistically they have beaten us more than we have beaten them (Tallman, can you verify?).

Based on these facts, the journalist has good reason to make his comment "a draw with Trinidad is totally unacceptable at this point in time."

However, it came across in a very disrespectful way and I would certainly not accept any form of disrespect from these Jamaicans.

I think the young players are highly motivated and the coach is doing a very good job in getting his team to respond the way in which he wants.

On and away to the next game. Good job again warriors.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad in Jamaica Final Comment:
« Reply #1131 on: March 27, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »
You guys deserve Braging rights for the tied Game,But to be objective Both Teams  were
experimenting .The first leg is 2-2 and the second leg will be played in Port of Spain
two months from now.Guys,I give credit to Trinidad & Tob for getting a good result,
You have been to the last World Cup finals,so to be realistic a 2-2 result should not be
surprising.Am asking a Question to  the forum, Jamaica & Trinidad are playng for a Cup,will
 the away goal rule applies in the 2nd leg ? . Someone with info answer ASAP.

Yes, the away goal rule will apply.

I think it is ok to experiment but not in a situation where you playing your biggest rival at HOME and NOT GET THE RESULT. That's a no no.

Kingman

I hope we don't ever try that.

leroy

« Reply #1132 on: March 27, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »
I thought the away Goal rule is only for FIFA competitions and not involving friendlies.
Where did you get your info from Kingman?.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 27, 2008, 04:24:11 PM »
I thought the away Goal rule is only for FIFA competitions and not involving friendlies.
Where did you get your info from Kingman?.

Now you didn't say you were talking about a friendly  ;) In that case, I am not sure.

Kingman

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
The journalist was over emotional. However, Shawn Fuentes wouldn't ask pressing questions like that about the Porto Rico game.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 27, 2008, 04:39:22 PM »
Away goal rule u would swear is UEFA cup dat happen dey last nite. Is a friendly peeps although d opposition eh really we friends.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 27, 2008, 04:42:14 PM »
daz d shite dat passses for journalism in J'ca??...i feel is ah fan who slip een d press conference..

truetrini

« Reply #1137 on: March 27, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
There is no way in hell dat fella was a journalist...he managed to find himself inthe press conference and made an ass of himself.

come on..who in their right mind would think that he is a real journalist...he would be out of a job now.

well some asses here or elsewhere would believe dat and even try to make a point of why he said what he said and dat somehow it is justified.

dummy

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 27, 2008, 04:48:35 PM »
The Jamaican sound very frustrated and upset.
Wha go happen to him when Stern and Jones dent in Jamaica 3-0 in POS?
Like I said in another thread, Jamaicans think they have a better team than they actually do.
That is what drivin the jamaican trolls on here and the "journalist".

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 27, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
it would apply here "if" the TTFF and the JFA agreed to the away goal rule ahead of time ;)
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>