Yes
12 (17.9%)
No
34 (50.7%)
Hell Yes
21 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 02, 2006, 04:58:17 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica Football Thread.  (Read 486117 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica vs Grenada
« Reply #1740 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
Y U shame yuh coachin a badddddddddd side
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 12, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »
I saw this Simoes interview last night on TVJ Sports report. Then when I read it on the RBSC website again i knew it would be the first thing posted this morning on this thread. ;D

How many coaches will admit to be ashamed of their national team. Now this only proves one thing: the Reggae Boyz will definately be playing in the 2010 World Cup. ;D

Sorry Bahamas. 
jjbrown

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »
Bahamas is the least ah yuh worries.no one expects u all to lose to them
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 12, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
Exactly. It's just how much goals Bahamas will lose by now.

SIMOES:
'No reason for a crisis'

published: Thursday | June 12, 2008

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

Following an astonishing 2-1 defeat at the hands of Grenada in Wednesday's friendly, Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) technical director René Simoes has sought to assure nail-biting Reggae Boyz' fans that the team will put up a much better performance in Sunday's crucial World Cup qualifier against The Bahamas.

"There is no reason for a crisis now. No doubt it was a tough lesson for us and we are ashamed. But, I think that there will be some benefits from this lesson," Simoes told reporters at the Norman Manley International Airport yesterday, following the team's return.

"It's unacceptable for us to lose to Grenada. We are upset, we started the game looking like we would easily beat Grenada, but we made too many mistakes, lost focus, concentration, so all of us will have to look back at things like that," he said.

The concern voiced by fans ahead of Sunday's game stems from the fact that with a full-strength squad, which included over 15 overseas-based players, Jamaica were favoured to easily beat the Grenadians, a team 45 places below them in the FIFA world rankings.

Instead, the team stumbled to an embarrassing 1-2 loss despite taking a lead early in the first half.

While not formally expressing the sentiment, Simoes stated that underestimating opponents can pose a problem.

"Sometimes you think life is going to be easy, but it is always hard and the only thing for us to do now is to take the defeat as a valu-able lesson.

"Football is a sport that you cannot take for granted, anyone can beat you, anyone. We all did poorly in that game."

He added: "I have no doubt that this team can do very well. We will analyse our mistakes. The next game cannot be the same. I guarantee you, it will not be the same."

Lone goal

Striker Ricardo Fuller scored the lone goal for the Boyz in the 18th minute, but quick goals in the second half from key Grenadian players Shalrie Joseph and Jason Roberts floored the visiting Jamaicans.

Jamaica will kick off the qualification campaign for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa this Sunday when they tackle The Bahamas - 167th in the FIFA ranking - in a 7 p.m. encounter scheduled for the National Stadium. The teams will face each other four days later in the return leg of the qualifier at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:58:37 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the Canada vs Jamaica game (19-Nov-2008).
« Reply #1744 on: November 12, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
Barnes: Jamaica need Watford spirit
By: FIFA.com.

Liverpool and England legend John Barnes is starting another chapter of his life in football, this time at the helm of the Jamaican national team. Appointed head coach in mid-September, Kingston-born Barnes, will begin his stint with the Reggae Boyz on 19 November against already-eliminated Canada. If the islanders win, and things go their way in the Honduras-Mexico meeting, they will find themselves through to the final round of qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ in the North, Central American and Caribbean Zone.

FIFA.com sat down for exclusive chat with the one-time skill merchant, most beloved during his time at Anfield and with England at two FIFA World Cups, to talk about his hopes for the future, his latest attempt at management and the man who helped shape his surprisingly pragmatic philosophy of football.

FIFA.com: As a player you were accustomed to such hallowed and manicured cathedrals as Anfield, Old Trafford and Wembley. The Cuscatlan Stadium in El Salvador and the Hasely Crawford in Trinidad should be a change of pace...
John Barnes: This is what I tell the players: '110 by 70.' Those are the dimensions of a football pitch, any football pitch where you are likely to end up, give or take a few metres here there, and I'm trying to instil in the lads a the sense that you need to play football the same way whether it be in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Trinidad or the ‘Office' here in Kingston. In your mind it has to be the same as playing at Anfield or Wembley or anywhere else. In fact, I would go so far as to say that when you go out on the training pitch you should be playing as if it were Wembley or a World Cup final. That's how you get to Wembley and to the big grounds of Europe, that's for sure.

You're currently in the Cayman Islands for your first training camp with some of the locally-based lads. How's it going?
The weather has not been cooperating, so we've only trained twice. But we'll soon be playing the Caymans' national team in a friendly and I'll know a lot more then. What we have here is mainly the guys playing for the local clubs in Jamaica - not the crux of the national team that are playing in the World Cup qualifiers - but it's still important to get a look at them as they will be the ones playing in the Caribbean Cup in 2008 and that's the road to the next CONCACAF Gold Cup (2009). There are some fine young players in this crop, and they are the future of the Reggae Boyz.

There's a lot of talk about management 'philosophies' these days. You had a time in charge at Celtic in 1999. Do you have a philosophy now?
I've got something, but I would call it an identity or a strategy more than a philosophy. I preach a formula, a system that supersedes the individuals who I may or may not have at my disposal. The nature of international football is like that, sometimes you don't know who you're going to have. So, I basically want my formula to be strong enough where players can move in and out of the squad and it won't be too damaged by it. Structure and identity are important in any football team.

How do you hammer a point like that home to a team?
The most important thing I can tell my players is: 'Learn to be more professional. Play the same way all the time.' They need to give their all on the pitch every time they step out there, no matter who the opponent is. You can't give 50 per cent sometimes and then expect to turn it on like a switch when you need to. That's not the spirit of a good footballer and I am going to be sure I grind this into the lads here.

When you signed on with the Jamaican FA, the Reggae Boyz were looking likely to go out of the reckoning for South Africa 2010. That's no longer the case, and your first game could be quite meaningful...
The last wins, against Honduras (1-0) and Mexico (1-0), the boys really did seem to turn it on. And even though things are a little out of our hands, in the Canada game at home we have to give it everything. We have to match the performances of the last two games and try to improve, always improve. You need to want to get better every time you step out on to a pitch, any pitch.

How do you see things going on this crucial day (19 November) on which Mexico, Jamaica or Honduras will go out of the hunt for South Africa?
All we can do is focus on ourselves and hope things go right. Firstly, we need a result. That's what we can do for ourselves and that's the one thing we can control.

Finding a balance between overseas stars like Ricardo Gardner (Bolton) and Ricardo Fuller (Stoke) and the young ones playing at home has always been a tough ask for Jamaica bosses. Is it a problem for you?
Overseas guys like Gardner and Fuller are the backbone of the team now, there's no getting around that. Once you'd have a nearly even blend of local talent and guys over in Britain and Scandinavia and other places. But now, 99 per cent of the players are abroad. I don't really see that changing. I plan to play my best team every time, if that's 22 overseas guys, then that's what it is. Of course you want to bring some lads along too.

You've played for some of the greats in the English game. Does one of them stand out as someone you'd like to model yourself on as a boss?
I wouldn't point to one because I've had some great bosses, like Bobby Robson (England) and Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool). But my first club, Watford, had one of the great bosses in Graham Taylor. He always got the best out of players who weren't always the strongest individually, and he did it through building a system that worked week in and week out. Jamaica will be underdogs who, I hope, can overachieve and I learned about that from the best with Taylor. We need that same spirit.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the Canada vs Jamaica game (19-Nov-2008).
« Reply #1745 on: November 12, 2008, 04:26:47 PM »
all guns blazing notting to loose,go yardies :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 13, 2008, 04:43:38 PM »
Nah, the real blockbuster game to watch that night will be Honduras vs. Mexico.

Far more tension in that one.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 13, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »

I agree...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 13, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »

zeppo who you pick mexico or honduras
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 13, 2008, 06:13:16 PM »
Come on Canada

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 14, 2008, 01:08:23 AM »
I wonder if we got get updates at d HCS of dem games
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 14, 2008, 04:33:18 AM »
I wonder if we got get updates at d HCS of dem games
Yuh better wonder if we will beat cuba with those shyte selections yuh boy made.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica to bank on 3 man forward line vs Canada
« Reply #1752 on: November 14, 2008, 04:59:36 AM »
A strong 22-member Reggae Boyz squad was yesterday named by the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) for the crucial World Cup Qualifier against Canada on November 19 at the National Stadium.

Striker Fabian Taylor of Norwegian FC Nottoden, veteran midfielder Andy Williams of Real Salt Lake, along with Jason Morrison of Hungarian club FC Ferencvaros, have been recalled to the team.

Top striker Marlon King of Hull City makes a return from injury and should partner Ricardo Fuller and Luton Shelton in a three-man attack revealed by coach Theodore Whitmore.
"Hopefully we are going to start all three of them because at this present moment we are looking for goals and with Marlon King, Luton Shelton and Ricardo Fuller, I don't see why we won't score a lot of goals," Whitmore said at the press conference at the JFF headquarters.

Williams, who scored against Canada in the 1-1 draw in Edmonton, earned a recall after sitting out the last two games against Mexico and Honduras.

Williams, an attacking midfielder, has replaced Harbour View's Jermaine Hue, and Whitmore explained.

"If you look at the Mexico, Honduras games and the players we called it's a different squad, suitable for the formation I want to use because it will be a totally different game against Canada," he pointed out.

The speedy Dane Richards of New York Red Bulls, who was voted Major League Soccer Cup Play-offs Player of the Week and Omar Cummings of Colorado Rapids, complete the forward line.

The talented Jason Morrison, Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley), Wolry Wolfe (Joe Public), Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday), Oneil Thompson (FC Nottoden), Demar Phillips (Stoke City) and Rudolph Austin (FC Brann) are the midfield players.

The defence line has no surprises with the ageless Ian Goodison (Transmere Rovers), Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC), Ricardo Gardner (Bolton), Shavar Thomas (Chivas USA), Claude Davis (Derby) and Damion Stewart (Queen's Park Rangers).

Donovan Ricketts (Village) and Shawn Sawyers (Portmore United) are the goalkeepers.

Jamaica are currently third in the table on seven points and need a win against bottom-placed Canada to have a chance of advancing to the CONCACAF World Cup final round.

Mexico lead the group with 10 points - one more than Honduras, with both teams meeting on the same day as the Jamaica-Canada game.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 14, 2008, 06:00:49 AM »
FIFA.COM 4k we up with the opening question yes...

Oh well the truth is an offence but not a sin.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 14, 2008, 06:30:52 AM »
My boi like u 4get u is d one who mix d kool aide and share it 2 yuh other pardners who say d man betta than Wim. If we cyah beat and Gua beat d US I go have money 2 beef up meh security as I have been threatened recently

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: November 14, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »
Bringing barnes near the team for that game is a mistake.

He should coach the first game of the Hex

Jamaica is on a role under Whitmore to change focus right now is not needed.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 14, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
de yardies go take this one.mex will humble honduras.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:59 PM »
Bringing barnes near the team for that game is a mistake.

He should coach the first game of the Hex

Jamaica is on a role under Whitmore to change focus right now is not needed.

whitmore is in charge of the game against canada
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 14, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »
Canada team for the Jamaica game:-

CANADA
Asmir Begovic | G | Edmonton, AB | ENG / Portsmouth
Lars Hirschfeld | G | Edmonton, AB | ROM / CFR Cluj
Adrian Cann | D | Thornhill, ON | DEN / Esbjerg fB
Marcel de Jong | D/M | Newmarket, ON | NED / Roda JC
David Edgar | D | Kitchener, ON | ENG / Newcastle United FC
Charles Gbeke | F | Montréal, QC | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Sandro Grande | M | Montréal, QC | CAN / Impact de Montréal
André Hainault | D | Hudson, QC | CZE / FK SIAD Most
Kevin Harmse | D | Vancouver, BC | CAN / Toronto FC
Simeon Jackson | M | Mississauga, ON | ENG / Gillingham FC
Dejan Jakovic | D | Etobicoke, ON | CRO / Red Star Belgrade
Will Johnson | M/F | Toronto, ON | USA / Real Salt Lake
Nik Ledgerwood | M | Lethbridge, AB | GER / TSV 1860 München
Issey Nakajima-Farran | M | Calgary, AB | DEN / FC Nordsjælland
Andrzej Ornoch | M/F | Scarborough, ON | DEN / Esbjerg Fb
Chris Pozniak | D/M | Aurora, ON | SCO / Dundee FC
Paul Stalteri | D/M | Brampton, ON | ENG / Tottenham Hotspur
Chris Williams | M | Toronto, ON | USA / Charleston Battery

Head of delegation / Chef de délégation : Vince Ursini
Head Coach / Entraîneur-chef : Dale Mitchell
Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Stephen Hart
Assistant Coach / Entraîneur adjoint : Nick Dasovic
Goalkeeper coach / Entraîneur des gardiens : Paul Dolan
Manager / Gérant : Morgan Quarry
Equipment manager / Gérant d'équipements : Mike Moretto
Physiotherapist / Physiothérapeute : Ted Tilbury
Massage Therapist / Massothérapeute : Garret Kusch
Doctor / Docteur : Dr. Michael Campbell

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 14, 2008, 02:08:26 PM »
Based on dat canadian team, look like Jamaica pass a hefty brown envelope to Canada dey...

Ah hope dem canadians aware of de exchange rate... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 14, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »
I bet yuh Asmir Begovic start in goal and is only one foward they have they going and defend all game

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:14:51 PM by Trini _2010 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 14, 2008, 02:35:33 PM »
I bet yuh Asmir Begovic start in goal and is only one foward they have they going and defend all game

De startin line up might be:

Begovic
Stalteri
Hainault
Harmse
De Jong
Jakovic
Jackson
Grande
Pozniak
Nakajima-Farran
Johnson

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 14, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
It would be strange if Mexico doh make de hex.  If Mexico didn't have Azteca I wonder if they would consistently qualify for the world cup?  They tend to struggle on the road.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 14, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »
Honduras need to call up rambo deleon

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 14, 2008, 04:52:52 PM »

Man, it's really hard to say.

The game is so big for both of them, and Mexico qualifies far more regularly. In fact, Honduras hasn't made the World Cup since '82.

But at the same time, I think that the Honduran home crowd advantage could really rattle the Mexicans. And if Suazo is on his game and gets a few decent passes then he could cause some serious trouble for them. Rafael Marquez is real slow and vulnerable if he gets caught 1-on-1 against a fast forward. I'm just thinking of the way that Donovan and Josh Wolff have smoked him in the past. And Suazo is even faster than both those two. So I'm sure that the Hondos are looking to exploit that situation.

And I believe that "Rambo" De Leon was kicked off the team. That's a shame since, in him, they lose a potential game breaker.

Mexico also recalled Nery Castillo, however, so that's an additional edge on their part. Let's see.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 14, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
Jamaica better dont do something stupid like start with 3 forwards.

Canada is no joke and will poison you given time and space.

Jamica strength is defence in numbers .

Canada will put one on them in the counter if they not carefull.

Better to play with the standard 2 forwards and let the game come to them.

No way they making up the goal difference so they only hope is for Mexico to win and for them to win.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 14, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »
Mexico go eat up honduras and spit them out....

de rel battle go be canada and jamaica, buh i feel jamaica go come away with de win...once they eh do nothing stupid like play ah 4 3 3 ...once dey play good defense and mid, the resulting effect wld be a good forward!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 14, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »

Man, it's really hard to say.

The game is so big for both of them, and Mexico qualifies far more regularly. In fact, Honduras hasn't made the World Cup since '82.

But at the same time, I think that the Honduran home crowd advantage could really rattle the Mexicans. And if Suazo is on his game and gets a few decent passes then he could cause some serious trouble for them. Rafael Marquez is real slow and vulnerable if he gets caught 1-on-1 against a fast forward. I'm just thinking of the way that Donovan and Josh Wolff have smoked him in the past. And Suazo is even faster than both those two. So I'm sure that the Hondos are looking to exploit that situation.

And I believe that "Rambo" De Leon was kicked off the team. That's a shame since, in him, they lose a potential game breaker.

Mexico also recalled Nery Castillo, however, so that's an additional edge on their part. Let's see.

calls have been made to recall rambo de leon and the coach will be stupid not to recall him....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 14, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
De Mexico and Honduran brown envelopes are far weightier than anything the jamaican's can muster... 8)

Prediction.....Mexico & Honduras draw which makes jamaica's result immaterial.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 14, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »
Jamaica better dont do something stupid like start with 3 forwards.

Canada is no joke and will poison you given time and space.

Jamica strength is defence in numbers .

Canada will put one on them in the counter if they not carefull.

Better to play with the standard 2 forwards and let the game come to them.

No way they making up the goal difference so they only hope is for Mexico to win and for them to win.

Unless I'm reading and interpreting the underlining tone of this post??? It sounds like you are actually praying that Jamaica does not advance to the HEX.
I guess the knowledge that T&T has beaten Honduras in World Cup qualifiers and not Jamaica would make me pray for that to happen too. ;D
jjbrown

1]; } ?>