June 07, 2024, 04:40:15 PM

Author Topic: Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist  (Read 19447 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Pupils collapse; parents want exorcist
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »
i now going and say this... females are particularly susceptible. I ent being sexist.. is de truth

Not just females, but young teenage girls at that...
especially if where the girls are is built on limestone /...fact .

like u take in some ghost hunters on scifi?  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
Dinho about halal meats, it's cleanest healthiest meats yuh could eat. it's defo not the same concept as the hindu practice. halal meats is a practice of clean slaughter, meaning that yuh don't suffer the animal  before slaughter, draining the blood Bc blood is known to carry loads of bacteria, calming the animal before slaughter which decrease anxiety which in turn causes the animal to release less  harmful chemicals in the meat due to the adrenalin rush the animal may experience for fear of slaughter.

finally the prayer before slaughter, bismillah ah rahman ir raheem, all that means in arabic is "in the name of god the giving the merciful", that suppose to release the spirit of the animal peacefully and acknowledging god in every thing yuh do or benefit from, especially when eating his creatures.

in the hindu religion they does be offering up the food to their idol gods, or feeding their gods in other words. this is why in the quran god told the muslums to avoid foods emulated unto idols. it's not that god was jelous, but rather the spirits involved in the sacrifice could literally harm yuh.

like i said , all halal meat means, is good pure and clean.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 06:40:28 PM »
Didn't anyone find it funny that it was only twelves young "GIRLS" who were affected by this and not one single yuteman? could it be that these girls planned this just for the attention?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2010, 06:58:12 PM »
i now going and say this... females are particularly susceptible. I ent being sexist.. is de truth

Not just females, but young teenage girls at that...
especially if where the girls are is built on limestone /...fact .

like u take in some ghost hunters on scifi?  ;D
Yah done know  ;D .And you not watching that best show Supernatural . Underground hit of the decade.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
Second batch of students falls ill
Radhica Sookraj
Published: 12 Nov 2010

Students of Moruga Composite who claimed to have suffered an unnatural demonic attack are refusing to go back to classes. For a second day, blood-curdling screams echoed from the school as another batch of students fell ill, prompting school officials to dismiss classes. As Roman Catholic priest Father Antony Baskar chanted prayers, sprinkled holy water and distributed rosaries to the writhing, screaming children, former student Cindy Sinanan, who claimed to be demon-possessed, said the devil had invaded the school. She said an inter-faith service must be held to cleanse the school of evil forces.

Sinanan, who dropped out of her “A” Level class last year following a November 5 attack, said she fell into a trance while at home on Wednesday and was spiritually transported into the school. She claimed: “I saw what was happening, even if I wasn’t there. I tried to tell them. “I heard voices. I heard the students running and screaming and calling all the names of the people who were affected and will be affected.” Panting and rolling her eyes, Sinanan muttered that school officials needed to split up the children because the demons grew stronger when everyone was together.

Her mother said since in November last year, Sinanan had been taken for several medical examinations but doctors could not find what was wrong with her. She said because of the evil spirits, her daughter had to stop school and miss her “A” Level exams. Meanwhile, Form Two student Leonar Ottway said she was in the multi-purpose hall with her friend, Tenisha, on Wednesday when Tenisha suddenly fainted. Ottway said: “I remember that I bent to pick up her bag and then I started to feel dizzy. Something was choking me. I started to run. I cannot remember much.

“I was scared, I know I was not myself. I saw a woman with a black gown chasing me. I felt that something was pulling me into the toilet but I was fighting it.” Form One student Reanna Charles, whose uniform was torn and her left hand bandaged, said she too heard voices in her head. “I heard the names of several girls. Some of them were my friends. I just started to kick up and run. I couldn’t breathe. I sprained my hand. I couldn’t remember how,” she said. Both girls said they did not wish to go back to school. Two more students—Tenisha Ramlal and Denisha John—said the problems were exacerbated after school officials stopped holding weekly religious instruction at the school.

More Info

Fr Baskar, of the Moruga RC Church, said while he was praying for the affected children yesterday, they were spitting, clawing and screaming. He said he placed the affected children in separate parts of the school and began praying for them. Baskar said an inter-faith service should be held soon. Pastor Mark Daniel said it was evident evil spirits had invaded the school.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »
Wow...holy shit .
It have to be the lady who promise ti fix the school ,cause in all my years ,which goes back generations from my parents ,Hindu preys dont do this has never done this .whey sah.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2010, 06:25:17 AM »
So what is a possible medical cause for this one?

i relly aint kno wat cud be a possible medical cause na but d ting too creepy..if what the article says is true that more than two dozen were affected and that indeed was the behaviour they were getting on with and they were really sending the medical equipment wild then....

but then again when u couple trini journalism wit trinis(d eye or hear witnesses) natural talent for embellishing stuff..i dunno..

Ha ha... there you go.

Doh discount mass hysteria either, especially not among this particular demographic.

Interesting to note that the word 'hysteria' is derived from the Greek word for Uterus.
" An anatomical "reality" that persisted in Western medical lore since ancient Greece was that the female uterus becomes displeased and displaced, and wanders through the body, negatively influencing the brain (I kid you not!).

In a fit of fury the female uterus went travelling through the body, causing all manner of emotional disturbances – hence hysteria, hysterical – and hysterectomy.
 Old treatments included bed rest, binding, beating, purging, bloodletting, and, in worse cases, hysterectomy and/or clitoridectomy.

A kinder treatment evolved in the 19th century, when hysteria became a veritable epidemic, especially in the white middle classes. The doctor massaged the genitals until there was a healing convulsion and moist spasms (an orgasm by any other name), which relieved the patient for a while – until the next appointment. Hysteria was considered chronic and incurable, requiring ongoing treatment.

Electric vibrators were developed in the mid 19th century to help the overworked doctors and ease the hysterical women. They were even marketed to women at home for self-treatment, and were advertised in consumer catalogues and magazines.  However, by 1930 vibrators had gone underground, and were not openly advertised again until they re-emerged as sex toys in the 1960s."   :) :)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2010, 06:40:36 AM »
So what is a possible medical cause for this one?

i relly aint kno wat cud be a possible medical cause na but d ting too creepy..if what the article says is true that more than two dozen were affected and that indeed was the behaviour they were getting on with and they were really sending the medical equipment wild then....

but then again when u couple trini journalism wit trinis(d eye or hear witnesses) natural talent for embellishing stuff..i dunno..

Ha ha... there you go.

Doh discount mass hysteria either, especially not among this particular demographic.

Interesting to note that the word 'hysteria' is derived from the Greek word for Uterus.
" An anatomical "reality" that persisted in Western medical lore since ancient Greece was that the female uterus becomes displeased and displaced, and wanders through the body, negatively influencing the brain (I kid you not!).

In a fit of fury the female uterus went travelling through the body, causing all manner of emotional disturbances – hence hysteria, hysterical – and hysterectomy.
 Old treatments included bed rest, binding, beating, purging, bloodletting, and, in worse cases, hysterectomy and/or clitoridectomy.

A kinder treatment evolved in the 19th century, when hysteria became a veritable epidemic, especially in the white middle classes. The doctor massaged the genitals until there was a healing convulsion and moist spasms (an orgasm by any other name), which relieved the patient for a while – until the next appointment. Hysteria was considered chronic and incurable, requiring ongoing treatment.

Electric vibrators were developed in the mid 19th century to help the overworked doctors and ease the hysterical women. They were even marketed to women at home for self-treatment, and were advertised in consumer catalogues and magazines.  However, by 1930 vibrators had gone underground, and were not openly advertised again until they re-emerged as sex toys in the 1960s."   :) :)

so we need one of these to open up down there then?
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=51689.0
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2010, 07:05:34 AM »
does mass hysteria account for the huge amount of strength and power that these people experience... because that is common to ALL cases i've heard about...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »
Wow...holy shit .
It have to be the lady who promise ti fix the school ,cause in all my years ,which goes back generations from my parents ,Hindu preys dont do this has never done this .whey sah.

That could be some messed up prays the Hindu could unleash.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2010, 09:07:19 AM »
Wow...holy shit .

then it would not be Hindu. it would be devil worship. I dont think any religion condones putting hex and shit on people (at least the ones that respect god) , Im i right?
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »
Yes pelt rosaries and holy water on them, that should be the end of it!
lol

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:39 AM »
Wow...holy shit .

then it would not be Hindu. it would be devil worship. I dont think any religion condones putting hex and shit on people (at least the ones that respect god) , Im i right?

Most all religion have they lil simmy dimmy they could do IF they Believe in that I think.  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »
This is definitely a bizarre story.

But, as D.H.W says, it is more sensible to rule out all possible medical explanations, before contemplating that supernatural forces could be at play.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
Mass hysteria, not demon attack, say mental health experts
Story Created: Nov 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Nov 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM ECT )

Mental health experts have dismissed claims of supernatural activity at the Moruga Secondary School where pupils reported being "attacked" by an unseen force yesterday and on Wednesday.

Psychiatrist Dr Hari Maharajh said the "demon attack" appeared to be a case of mass hysteria.

A similar opinion was given by consultant psychiatrist at the St Ann's Mental Hospital Dr Iqbal Ghany.

Maharajh said the anxiety symptoms experienced by pupils during the past two days were not spiritual.

More than 25 pupils complained of having tremors, shaking, difficulty breathing and feelings of suffocation.

Maharajh said, "This is not a spiritual problem. It is mass hysteria or copycat behaviour. That is when one person displays a number of symptoms, and it is copied by others based on certain beliefs," he said.

Maharajh said the affected person may also suffer pseudo or false seizures.

He advised the School Supervision Unit to intervene and provide counselling for the pupils.

Ghany said mass hysteria affected mainly females.

"This is not a demon attack. It is what we call acute or mass hysteria, which affects mainly women," he said.

Last year, several woman in Granville, Cedros, claimed they saw a possessed goat walking through the village. The alleged paranormal activity began in Granville after a 27-year-old woman, with a blood-related illness, died mere days after being diagnosed. Her death was followed by the death of another female villager, who took her own life shortly after attending the woman's funeral.

The police report stated Dohmatie Seebran told friends she had been hearing a voice which told her to kill herself.

After Seebran's funeral, at least three other women in the village were said to have encounters with the demon, and one of them said she, too, was prompted, but disregarded a voice telling her to kill herself and her child.

Pundit Praboodeo Maharaj led the interfaith procession through the streets of Granville.

Medical experts, however, said the women had suffered a case of mass hysteria.

There have also been multiple reports of children at primary schools suffering phantom illnesses, shortly after witnessing a schoolmate's complaint.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
So there you have it folks...nothing to see here.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »

I think the most amazing thing about this story is in the year 2010 it have adults that seriously think a demon possess 25 chirren at the same time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »

I think the most amazing thing about this story is in the year 2010 it have adults that seriously think a demon possess 25 chirren at the same time

I believe it (well not in it) but I know that things like this have happened before. It eh straight forward as the professionals in the article make it. From what I hear there is a bit of both sides mixed up in the events.

Hysteria and Spirit thing.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »

when people believe in something so much, it doh matter if it true or not. It reminds me of them rural villages in Africa or other parts of the world where they believe in all kinda jumbie. Even though the modern world know its totally fictitious. 
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 12:03:27 PM »
black magic and what ppl call "spirits" or demons or jinns are very very real. Different religions may refer to them as different names, but they real. I am not saying that what happen in Moruga is jinns, however i maintain that they are real.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »

when people believe in something so much, it doh matter if it true or not. It reminds me of them rural villages in Africa or other parts of the world where they believe in all kinda jumbie. Even though the modern world know its totally fictitious. 

dhw u wud jus have to see it live to believe it..or at least hear a DIRECT account of an incident...

anyway...we lucky is only amateur demon...it hav some d devil tie up even he nuh so wicked to let out now

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »
well i never say they not real, but too many people confuse stuff that have an explanation to be Demonic activity, it documented well all through history.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »
does mass hysteria account for the huge amount of strength and power that these people experience... because that is common to ALL cases i've heard about...

There's no way to really quantify that though... besides:

1. The people who report this unusual strength may be prone to exaggeration
2. They likely don't know the limits of the person's strength under normal conditions
3. It is a medically proven phenomenon that in emergency situations and other situations where the ortho-sympathetic takes over, humans tend to respond in ways seemingly beyond their limit.  Ex. being able to lift a car off a loved one in an accident.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »

I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss spiritual or even occult forces at play.  We only see the temporal forces so it's easy, even for those of us who believe there is a corresponding spiritual reality, to think that spiritual forces aren't also at play. 

If we believe in spiritual forces of good then it would only stand to reason that there are corresponding evil spiritual forces as well.  I have nothing to back it up, but my belief is that it is indeed possible for those evil forces to cross that threshold and interfere with our temporal existence on some level.

In short I believe (at least theoretically) that demon possession is possible... I just don't think that this is indeed what we're dealing with in this particular situation.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »

2. They likely don't know the limits of the person's strength under normal conditions
3. It is a medically proven phenomenon that in emergency situations and other situations where the ortho-sympathetic takes over, humans tend to respond in ways seemingly beyond their limit.  Ex. being able to lift a car off a loved one in an accident.

yes trinis does exaggerate but u cant put e'ting down to that jus because whatever it is sounding to outta dis world to believe...my own modda see wit she eyes when a puny lil student fell infront her face on the ground..she was teachin malick..she fell perfectly straight with her hands at her sides then started beating up...she overpowered FOUR hulking security guards before they managed to subdue her a couple hours later...she scream(a rel non human scream) and talk 'gibberish' for hours upon hours before getting quiet because the voice box give way...doctors, psychologists gave her a clean  clean bill of health..they were at a loss...all they cud do was tell the mother..lady, forget school, jus see bout your child because this was obviously something beyond medical science...i know a lot of other instances where ppl witness first hand..and all they say is if 'i didnt see it myself i wud not have believed it'...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2010, 02:31:16 PM »
yes trinis does exaggerate but u cant put e'ting down to that jus because whatever it is sounding to outta dis world to believe...my own modda see wit she eyes when a puny lil student fell infront her face on the ground..she was teachin malick..she fell perfectly straight with her hands at her sides then started beating up...she overpowered FOUR hulking security guards before they managed to subdue her a couple hours later...she scream(a rel non human scream) and talk 'gibberish' for hours upon hours before getting quiet because the voice box give way...doctors, psychologists gave her a clean  clean bill of health..they were at a loss...all they cud do was tell the mother..lady, forget school, jus see bout your child because this was obviously something beyond medical science...i know a lot of other instances where ppl witness first hand..and all they say is if 'i didnt see it myself i wud not have believed it'...

I don't think that's what I did...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2010, 02:52:53 PM »

Well, I have no reason to doubt your story, since you referred to an eyewitness account provided by your mother.

However, coming back to the story, I am relieved that psychiatrists were able to offer a potential diagnosis of the unusual phenomenon at the school.

I would say this though from personal experience. If someone believes something about himself or herself, that tends to become his or her reality despite all evidence to the contrary. The mind is an extremely powerful tool and if people begin to perceive themselves as being in the throes of demon possession, then I don't think it is unfathomable that that can become that person's reality.

This is why Dr. Maharaj''s diagnosis makes sense. It could certainly be that one student's negative experience triggers panic and a huge wave of hysteria among the rest of the student population.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2010, 03:27:46 PM »

I would say this though from personal experience. If someone believes something about himself or herself, that tends to become his or her reality despite all evidence to the contrary. The mind is an extremely powerful tool and if people begin to perceive themselves as being in the throes of demon possession, then I don't think it is unfathomable that that can become that person's reality.

u hit d nail on d head there
Youtube Channel

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »
Wow...holy shit .

Most all religion have they lil simmy dimmy they could do IF they Believe in that I think.  :-\
Oh yeah ,just like the church have the six and seven books of moses ,hindu have they own .

But if this is true ,that lady just unleash the biggest candle in mopdern trini history .Well I hope she jengay strong ,cause it have some might pissed of trinis who gonna turn it back on who ever did this .

And finally now we living N.America we can dismiss spirit stuff cause we far . no lagahoo up here lol ...sweet .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:36:29 PM by Quags »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
no lagahoo up here lol ...sweet .

it have people down here who swear them thing real
Youtube Channel