May 23, 2024, 01:35:26 PM

Author Topic: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.  (Read 127264 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Concacaf WCQ Thread.
« Reply #570 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:15 AM »
d ting is, in most american team sports d coach has a more involved role, and lets be honest a play book is as close to ah script as yuh could get, and while football doh allow no time outs an' ting, I read right here from elan and others familiar with the american system, that is not only very rigid in its approach but that individualism is kinda stifled so........
I pity the fool....

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 07, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »
Chicharito - I reiterate - is not a baller.

You may not like him! Fair enough! But to say he is not a baller, is a load of rubbish.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »

You may not like him! Fair enough! But to say he is not a baller, is a load of rubbish.

Madness, if yuh arkske me.....

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #573 on: February 07, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

Keep drinking yuh haterade as a chaser ;) 

giggsy11

« Reply #574 on: February 07, 2013, 09:06:34 AM »
For me, dais US culture. . .too scripted. . .no original thought and creativity. Hard to appreciate it.  :yellowcard:

Despite a history of creativity and innovation in almost every facet?  A very curious criticism indeed.

"every facet" except on the field of play, where it counts most, yuh flag-waving idiot!

Duh!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 07, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Two comments:

When I think of lack original thought and creativity, the first person that comes to mind is Clint Dempsey, right??
For me, dais US culture. . .too scripted. . .no original thought and creativity. Hard to appreciate it.  :yellowcard:

Despite a history of creativity and innovation in almost every facet?  A very curious criticism indeed.

"every facet" except on the field of play, where it counts most, yuh flag-waving idiot!

Duh!

Nah ah ha to jump een here..I wish Tottenham didn't have ah 'too scripted' player who lacks original thought and creativity, or else my Manu would have had a 12 point lead in de EPL :)

And speaking of Manu...Chicarito not ah baller? Credibilty is out de window!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 07, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
Before dis turn into de usual anti-US bashing thread, some levity??

Is my fault ah shouldna put dat, 'C'mon USA' comment at the end of my first posts, ah know some people easy but DAMN!!! (in an American accent no less :))

What about de slightly portly defender for Honduras, and my boy eh care he take off he shirt and exchange after de game yes:)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:21:46 AM by Fyzoman »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »

Keep drinking yuh haterade as a chaser ;)

Yeh dread the hate blocking he damn common sense too  :rotfl: is ok Elan, i feel the same way about USA
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
Two comments:

When I think of lack original thought and creativity, the first person that comes to mind is Clint Dempsey, right??

Duh!

Nah ah ha to jump een here..I wish Tottenham didn't have ah 'too scripted' player who lacks original thought and creativity, or else my Manu would have had a 12 point lead in de EPL :)

de talk is about the way the usa play as a TEAM.....and you trying to use one alleged "creative" player (who scored a goal that was more opportunity than creativity) to dispel that....steuwps.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
Jamaica had two glorious chances to put Mexico away. Dam! Would have love to see that
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 07, 2013, 02:16:52 PM »
Two comments:

Duh!

de talk is about the way the usa play as a TEAM.....and you trying to use one alleged "creative" player (who scored a goal that was more opportunity than creativity) to dispel that....steuwps.

For me, dais US culture. . .too scripted. . .no original thought and creativity. Hard to appreciate it.

Ok boss last time I checked Dempsey is an American (US culture) and my response wasn't even based on he goal yesterday (it really wasn't, actually when ah was writing dat ah was thinking bout how he was moving like ah Brazilian de last couple times TnT play de US) my issue is when men come on here and make dey blanket generalizations and basically talking....wait, wait this is going against the person i'm trying to become, I should respect his opinion and every body else, so ok fine.

IMO Klinsman is ah cacahole for setting them up for failure...oh I do love de use of de word 'alleged'

The first Jamaican miss was world class, and Jamaica had a portly-ish fellah playing too...levity people, levity ;)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 07, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

:)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AEIT6kb-xN4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEIT6kb-xN4</a>
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #582 on: February 07, 2013, 03:23:33 PM »
Two comments:

Duh!

Dempsey tries to be creative and sometimes things come off but more times than not he stiff and deliberate in his play. He smart and can read the game I will give him that but he because a dribble or two comes off, doesn't mean he creative and not deliberate in how he plays. He may have good technique when he strikes a ball but doesn't mean he is creative or naturally gifted.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 07, 2013, 04:16:55 PM »
Two comments:

Duh!

For me, dais US culture. . .too scripted. . .no original thought and creativity. Hard to appreciate it.

Ok boss last time I checked Dempsey is an American (US culture) and my response wasn't even based on he goal yesterday (it really wasn't, actually when ah was writing dat ah was thinking bout how he was moving like ah Brazilian de last couple times TnT play de US) my issue is when men come on here and make dey blanket generalizations and basically talking....wait, wait this is going against the person i'm trying to become, I should respect his opinion and every body else, so ok fine.

IMO Klinsman is ah cacahole for setting them up for failure...oh I do love de use of de word 'alleged'

The first Jamaican miss was world class, and Jamaica had a portly-ish fellah playing too...levity people, levity ;)

Not necessarily the case, it may just be the generation. When you consider players like Tab Ramos, Reyna, Wegerly & Rossi (who chose Italy), they were not scripted players. USA player development, like Canada, was heavily influenced by the British. As a consequence playmakers were considered a luxury and were not encouraged.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »

You have to be one out-sized tun tun (which would explain why Giggsy does be following yuh arung so).  The man didn't limit his comment to "field of play", which is why I said his comment was curious.  But doh let large concepts like dat tie up yuh head.

A veritable no-brainer ... which places Bakes in largely uncharted territory.

Two and a half hours to come up with something and dai'z de best yuh could do?  I musta been too generous to think you bigger than to let toting feelings turn yuh into ah opportunist.  Insecure much?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »
Not necessarily the case, it may just be the generation. When you consider players like Tab Ramos, Reyna, Wegerly & Rossi (who chose Italy), they were not scripted players. USA player development, like Canada, was heavily influenced by the British. As a consequence playmakers were considered a luxury and were not encouraged.

And in the case of the Americans, the Poles and Germans too.  All ah dem stifled individual creativity and free flowing football.  The recognition is there now... change integration, not so much.

giggsy11

« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

You have to be one out-sized tun tun (which would explain why Giggsy does be following yuh arung so).  The man didn't limit his comment to "field of play", which is why I said his comment was curious.  But doh let large concepts like dat tie up yuh head.

Two and a half hours to come up with something and dai'z de best yuh could do?  I musta been too generous to think you bigger than to let toting feelings turn yuh into ah opportunist.  Insecure much?

Nobody have tuh follow anybody, Chow and I just recognise, like others on this forum that you are a Pig in ah Skirt! ;) So jog on yuh American wanna be! Captain America
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:46:49 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2013, 05:45:01 PM »

Yawwwwwn......yuh talkin' 'bout tun tun and fail to smell dat you is de ripest one in de clinic.....the vast majority of "American" "creativity and innovation" comes from foreigners, however they land here or are coaxed here.  From automotive to electronics to architecture, to construction, to infrastructural advances, the united states falls far behind the other major industrialized countries (whose talents are practically all home-grown) that compete in the same fields, so don't let your "history" of innovation and creativity fool yuh dotish c**t, y'all not so great when it comes to that as you claim.  What the man said was applicable as it relates to their football and he knew damned well what he was saying. Of course, your literal, catholic nun, jackass self couldn't wait to feel like you giving extra lessons.  the only one "lost" in this whole discussion is you.     

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »
Two comments:

Duh!

The thing is, any American could play against Trinidad and look like a Brazilian and dize real talk.  We are SO behind and stuck in old flight patterns we just going in a circle and when we play against the us, we look like we running in circles.....by the way, the goal I was talking about wasn't the one he scored yesterday, either....I was talkin' about the one he scored against manu.   

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
cease fire  :timeout:

:devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
  Yawwwwwn......yuh talkin' 'bout tun tun and fail to smell dat you is de ripest one in de clinic.....the vast majority of "American" "creativity and innovation" comes from foreigners, however they land here or are coaxed here.  From automotive to electronics to architecture, to construction, to infrastructural advances, the united states falls far behind the other major industrialized countries (whose talents are practically all home-grown) that compete in the same fields, so don't let your "history" of innovation and creativity fool yuh dotish c**t, y'all not so great when it comes to that as you claim.  What the man said was applicable as it relates to their football and he knew damned well what he was saying. Of course, your literal, catholic nun, jackass self couldn't wait to feel like you giving extra lessons.  the only one "lost" in this whole discussion is you.     

I have no expertise in ripe smelling tun tun so I would have to defer to your authority on that..  That said... it is beyond laughable that you would claim that "the vast majority of "American" "creativity and innovation" comes from foreigners."  Henry Ford, Scott Joplin, Miles Davis, Jackson Pollock, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson... heck, Bill Gates/Steve Jobs.... no creativity or innovation, I'm sure.  In fact why I arguing with yuh when yuh right all ah dem is 'foreigners'... Sitting Bull and dem didn't invent shit.

Lost on you is the fact that yuh trying to say is de foreigners who bringing all de creativity and innovation to the US, blissfully oblivious to the fact that is dem self who responsible for US football being in the state it is... as Observer points out.  I does real relish in how easily excitable yuh is doh, so doh fret.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2013, 06:36:04 PM »

I have no expertise in ripe smelling tun tun so I would have to defer to your authority on that..  That said... it is beyond laughable that you would claim that "the vast majority of "American" "creativity and innovation" comes from foreigners."  Henry Ford, Scott Joplin, Miles Davis, Jackson Pollock, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson... heck, Bill Gates/Steve Jobs.... no creativity or innovation, I'm sure.  In fact why I arguing with yuh when yuh right all ah dem is 'foreigners'... Sitting Bull and dem didn't invent shit.

Lost on you is the fact that yuh trying to say is de foreigners who bringing all de creativity and innovation to the US, blissfully oblivious to the fact that is dem self who responsible for US football being in the state it is... as Observer points out.  I does real relish in how easily excitable yuh is doh, so doh fret.

A whole lotta names yuh call dey....in so many areas......Yeah, yuh so right...that makes up the "vast majority" alright.   As far as american football being in the "state it is in" Observer is right in pointing out that the player development model is based on the british model and is laden with british-based coaches throughout their developmental system and coaching schools....with a sprinkling of foreign-born players that have worn your stars and stripes.....what state do you suppose it would be in, compared to where it is now, without any foreign influence, yuh c**t?  They would still be where they were before Italy '90, if not further behind.  That being said, their lack of creativity on the field is not far off from the bland, British style it is based on. 

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »

And in the case of the Americans, the Poles and Germans too.  All ah dem stifled individual creativity and free flowing football.  The recognition is there now... change integration, not so much.

Germans stifled Individual creativity Bakes, you sure about that? I would say Beckenbauer, Overath, Netzer, Shuster, Litbaski, Effenberg Ozil, Muller, Schurrle, Gotze will all argue that point with you. The difference with the Germans is they think collectively first, but to say the stifle creativity is very questionable.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:54 PM »

Germans stifled Individual creativity Bakes, you sure about that? I would say Beckenbauer, Overath, Netzer, Shuster, Litbaski, Effenberg Ozil, Muller, Schurrle, Gotze will all argue that point with you. The difference with the Germans is they think collectively first, but to say the stifle creativity is very questionable.

Wasn't Beckenbauer the man who revolutionized the sweeper role?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »

I talking about the German and Polish ex-pats who (along with the Brits) were at the front of the institutionalization and development of soccer here in the US.  I'm not talking about the national teams in the respective mother countries, those were exposed to other international influences which helped make their game more dynamic.  The ex-pats stateside were less progressive in their thinking.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »

I talking about the German and Polish ex-pats who (along with the Brits) were at the front of the institutionalization and development of soccer here in the US.  I'm not talking about the national teams in the respective mother countries, those were exposed to other international influences which helped make their game more dynamic.  The ex-pats stateside were less progressive in their thinking.

Gotcha!  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
Gotcha!  ;D

And to think ah get that right from de Foer book... you self  ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:44 PM »
Fact! the americns and the mexicans will never respond to a coach from other than their culture.
if that was bradley or arena they would be sparking on all plugs. klinsman would be fire very soon. stay tuned.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »

Take time, counselor.

1. Initially I was wondering what the 2.5 hour reference was about ... got it!

If you must know, between 6:43:03 a.m. and 9:14:46 a.m. on the forum time stamp, I merely added an ellipsis (...) ... for clarity's sake and because I didn't "like" how the sentence read without the ellipsis. What can I say? Sorry , I didn't get around to it sooner?  :-\ It was a legitimate attempt to be fair and balanced.

2. Notice: ("A veritable no-brainer= yes, I agree with the unassailable view that the field of play was inherent in Cocorite's comment.)

("... which places Bakes in largely uncharted territory"=you're generally known fuh using yuh noggin (except perhaps right this minute in your response to me???) ... so I was actually NOT attacking you - opportunistically or otherwise. I was making a substantive assertion.

In fact two assertions ... thoughtfully bifurcated by the ellipsis.

3. I admit to having lost the trail at the "toting of feelings" sentiment as I'm unaware of any reason(s) why such a disposition should enter into my calculus. You seem to presume there is a supplemented dimension to my comments. There is a total of none. Please relieve yourself of the notion.

I state things you don't agree with from time to time and vice versa ... why stop now?

4. While I have this platform let me state squarely that my assessment of you is formed entirely on the four corners of this forum. You've used it as vivid canvas. I haven't pursued inquiries beyond you or this canvas. Not sure you can assert the same. Lehwe leave it there.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:54 PM »
If we're talking about a dominant personality on U.S. coaching methodology, no serious conversation can be held without referring to Dettmar Cramer, a German.

1]; } ?>