May 22, 2024, 10:23:19 PM

Author Topic: Pfister enters camp with 25-man squad  (Read 14474 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pfister enters camp with 25-man squad
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
Pfister enters camp with 25-man squad.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Team head coach Otto Pfister will enter a live-in training camp with twenty-five players this weekend in preparation for next Friday’s 2014 Second Round World Cup qualifier against Bermuda.

Pfister announced his eleven overseas-based pros earlier in the week and has now finalized his full squad which will then be cut to 18 players for the this country’s opening World Cup qualifier which kicks off at 4pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The home-based contingent includes Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Stern John (DirecTV North East Stars), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Seon Power (Joe Public), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public), Juma Clarence (Caledonia AIA), Andrei Pacheco (W Connection), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Akini Adams (T&TEC), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (North East Stars), Hughtun Hector (W Connection).

The overseas quota includes captain and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones along with Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk, Belgium), Chris Birchall (LA Galaxy), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union, USA), Julius James (Columbus Crew, USA), Jake Thomson (Kettering Town, England), Andre Boucaud (York City, England), goalkeeper Anthony Warner (Wellington Phoenix, New Zealand), Clyde Leon (Corporacion Deportiva Itagui, Colombia) and Lester Peltier (AS Trencin, Slovakia). These overseas players will begin arriving in Port of Spain on Saturday with Hyland scheduled as the first to touch down.

Defender Robert Primus, based in Kazakhstan, is receiving treatment for an injury in Moscow but will still travel to Port of Spain to be with the squad  before heading back to his club. He will not be considered for selection by Pfister for the upcoming qualifiers versus Bermuda and Barbados (September 6 in Bridgetown)

“This is the team including the overseas and the local players that we believe is the right group for the match. We have seen against India what the local boys can do and I have seen them in several training sessions over the past few months,” Pfister told TTFF Media.

“Now we will make a few training sessions with the overseas boys and prepare the final team for the matches. It is an important match as we know and I think the boys will be ready to fight for their country.

There is no easy game in world football today and we will prepare and give everything for the battle with Bermuda,” added Pfister who took the home-based players for a fitness session at Las Cuevas beach on Friday morning.

Meanwhile, Bermuda will prepare with a 20-man squad  in Florida for the encounter. Head coach Devarr Boyles said his players were in high spirits and “ready to seize the moment”.

“We will be having a training camp in Florida where the conditions are very similar to the Caribbean,” he said.

“The training base will get the players in the mindset for competitive football. The facilities include both natural grass pitches as well as artificial surfaces, which is important, as we don’t know where we’re playing yet.

“It will be a good opportunity for us to consolidate the two groups: the overseas-based players and the local-based players. The players are buzzing right now and are ready to seize the moment, especially the older ones who more aware of the magnitude of this competition,”

And Bermuda’s Acting Minister of National Security Michael Weeks said he was comfortable with the security measures in place for the Bermuda team during the State of Emergency in T&T.

“This is an international event and the governing body for football in the region and internationally is responsible for security. However, in light of the recent issues in Trinidad & Tobago I asked the Bermuda Football Association to assure me of the arrangements made,” Weeks told the Bermuda press.

“I am satisfied that the security authorities in Trinidad & Tobago have matters in hand and that every aspect of safety and security for our players will be addressed.”

Tickets for Friday’s match go on sale on Saturday at all Kenny’s Sports Outlets and All Sport Promotions, Circular Rd, St James. Tickets are priced at $200 (covered) and $100 (uncovered). Children under 10 will be allowed free admission.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:32:44 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pfister enters camp with 25-man squad
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
 :cheers: :bringiton: :duel: :waiting: all we need now is support.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »

Coops yuh real like ting eh.  WC 2006 come and gone . WC 2010 cone and gone. WCQ 2014 starting and man cyah get pay yet ...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »
hear meh good... if we put away the chances ...this will be a big win

allyuh could say what allyuh want about the team vz India...Otto will have these fellas playing some top class stuff
Otto look like a very serious working coach

18 points in this stage... bet meh nah ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:31 PM »
hear meh good... if we put away the chances ...this will be a big win

allyuh could say what allyuh want about the team vz India...Otto will have these fellas playing some top class stuff
Otto look like a very serious working coach

18 points in this stage... bet meh nah ??
lewwe bet nah!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
yes fitz... call it... 18 points i say
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Team head coach Otto Pfister will enter a live-in training camp with twenty-five players this weekend in preparation for next Friday’s 2014 Second Round World Cup qualifier against Bermuda.

Pfister announced his eleven overseas-based pros earlier in the week and has now finalized his full squad which will then be cut to 18 players for the this country’s opening World Cup qualifier which kicks off at 4pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The home-based contingent includes Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Stern John (DirecTV North East Stars), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Seon Power (Joe Public), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Carlyle Mitchell (Joe Public), Juma Clarence (Caledonia AIA), Andrei Pacheco (W Connection), Anthony Wolfe (North East Stars), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Akini Adams (T&TEC), Andre Toussaint (Joe Public), Darryl Roberts (North East Stars), Hughtun Hector (W Connection).

The overseas quota includes captain and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones along with Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk, Belgium), Chris Birchall (LA Galaxy), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union, USA), Julius James (Columbus Crew, USA), Jake Thomson (Kettering Town, England), Andre Boucaud (York City, England), goalkeeper Anthony Warner (Wellington Phoenix, New Zealand), Clyde Leon (Corporacion Deportiva Itagui, Colombia) and Lester Peltier (AS Trencin, Slovakia). These overseas players will begin arriving in Port of Spain on Saturday with Hyland scheduled as the first to touch down.

Defender Robert Primus, based in Kazakhstan, is receiving treatment for an injury in Moscow but will still travel to Port of Spain to be with the squad  before heading back to his club. He will not be considered for selection by Pfister for the upcoming qualifiers versus Bermuda and Barbados (September 6 in Bridgetown)

The local omissions from the squad that played against India were fairly predictable I guess:
Noel Williams
Keston Williams
Kern Cupid
Micah Lewis
Akeil Guevera
Akim Armstrong

All in all, yuh could never please EVERYBODY and this is as strong a squad as we've had since the last WCQ's group stage to get into the Hex

The final 18 will be tough to pick, but if everybody fit, this might be the squad:

Marvin Phillip
Tony Warner
Julius James
Seon Power
Carlos Edwards
Jake Thomson
Akeem Adams
Carlyle Mitchell
Keon Daniel
Chris Birchall
Clyde Leon
Khaleem Hyland
Andre Boucaud
Lester Peltier
Darryl Roberts
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Andre Toussaint
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:05:34 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:35:18 PM »
Decent team...only a little problem with the wingbacks...very nice to see Tony Warner back...we may only need him for the 1st 2-3 games until the next rounds as Marvin is decent cover...also Jan if he gets signed in Belgium. Lloyd will be good for the next round so that may balance things a little...

From the game, it looked like we playing a conventional 4-4-2, not sure if it will change with the players he has at his disposal now though...but its refreshing to see a good squad (on  paper) :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »

Coops yuh real like ting eh.  WC 2006 come and gone . WC 2010 cone and gone. WCQ 2014 starting and man cyah get pay yet ...
        So what you saying,don't play!!! want you want me to do,men who eh get pay playing,what wrong with i supporting.Is Football Breds mi boys playing i there with them.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

So what you saying,don't play!!! want you want me to do,men who eh get pay playing,what wrong with i supporting.Is Football Breds mi boys playing i there with them.

Coop's does work for free. So his position is understandable.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »

Breds alyu talking to the wrong man,is not me who eh pay those guys,all i want is for T&T to continue to play Football because we are a country that loves the game,it does not matter who plays.
      Alyu worrying about Stern and them eh get pay for all you know they collecting good money behind alyu back and laughing.Stern could be abroad playing he come back home,look even Roberts back home playing,Cornell Glen same thing,what you think is the reason Money guys Money.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 09:40:19 PM »
Check those trips Warner and Primus have to make.  9500 km from Moscow to Trini, > 11000km if he was comin from Kazakhstan.
Tony Warner has to do 13600km from Wellington. :o

And that is in a straight line.  The actual flight routes probably longer.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:44 PM »
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

“This is the team including the overseas and the local players that we believe is the right group for the match. We have seen against India what the local boys can do and I have seen them in several training sessions over the past few months,” Pfister told TTFF Media.

“Now we will make a few training sessions with the overseas boys and prepare the final team for the matches. It is an important match as we know and I think the boys will be ready to fight for their country.

There is no easy game in world football today and we will prepare and give everything for the battle with Bermuda,” added Pfister who took the home-based players for a fitness session at Las Cuevas beach on Friday morning.

Meanwhile, Bermuda will prepare with a 20-man squad  in Florida for the encounter. Head coach Devarr Boyles said his players were in high spirits and “ready to seize the moment”.

“We will be having a training camp in Florida where the conditions are very similar to the Caribbean,” he said.

“The training base will get the players in the mindset for competitive football. The facilities include both natural grass pitches as well as artificial surfaces, which is important, as we don’t know where we’re playing yet.

“It will be a good opportunity for us to consolidate the two groups: the overseas-based players and the local-based players. The players are buzzing right now and are ready to seize the moment, especially the older ones who more aware of the magnitude of this competition,”

And Bermuda’s Acting Minister of National Security Michael Weeks said he was comfortable with the security measures in place for the Bermuda team during the State of Emergency in T&T.

“This is an international event and the governing body for football in the region and internationally is responsible for security. However, in light of the recent issues in Trinidad & Tobago I asked the Bermuda Football Association to assure me of the arrangements made,” Weeks told the Bermuda press.

“I am satisfied that the security authorities in Trinidad & Tobago have matters in hand and that every aspect of safety and security for our players will be addressed.”

Tickets for Friday’s match go on sale on Saturday at all Kenny’s Sports Outlets and All Sport Promotions, Circular Rd, St James. Tickets are priced at $200 (covered) and $100 (uncovered). Children under 10 will be allowed free admission.

As usual, another error! I'm sure he does it to test us!

I'm not sure it makes sense to bring Warner over from New Zealand. But I guess TTFF have the money now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 10:12:12 PM »

Breds alyu talking to the wrong man,is not me who eh pay those guys,all i want is for T&T to continue to play Football because we are a country that loves the game,it does not matter who plays.
      Alyu worrying about Stern and them eh get pay for all you know they collecting good money behind alyu back and laughing.Stern could be abroad playing he come back home,look even Roberts back home playing,Cornell Glen same thing,what you think is the reason Money guys Money.

Coops, if you seriously believe that, then you're out of touch bro. Stern could easily pick up TT$10,000 per week (£1,000) playing in Englands League One. Infact a top wage in that league would be TT$18,000 per week. In the Championship he'd be looking at a minimum TT$20,000 per week. Even in the 6th tier (one below the Conference) a man can earn TT$5,000 per week. But these guys know that if they play in T&T, they have far more chance of earning caps. Once they are playing regularly for their country, their value increases. Remember, USL will begin recruiting in December.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:32:08 PM »

Coops, if you seriously believe that, then you're out of touch bro. Stern could easily pick up TT$10,000 per week (£1,000) playing in Englands League One. Infact a top wage in that league would be TT$18,000 per week. In the Championship he'd be looking at a minimum TT$20,000 per week. Even in the 6th tier (one below the Conference) a man can earn TT$5,000 per week. But these guys know that if they play in T&T, they have far more chance of earning caps. Once they are playing regularly for their country, their value increases. Remember, USL will begin recruiting in December.
       Since that's the case what you say don't play because TTFF eh pay alyu?when you have to depend on Football for your living you got to think,these guys have to continue plying their trade it's their livlihood, imagine they eh get their money yet,why i say yet is because the case still in court,plus they was blacklisted and they still playing for the national team,you can't be against them,who retire could say what they want. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
I was wondering, were Silvio Spann and Jagdeosing ever called up for training this year by Pfister?

I think Silvio is a great utility player for the team. Perhaps underappreciated becz he oftens plays out of his natural position to help out the team.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
I was wondering, were Silvio Spann and Jagdeosing ever called up for training this year by Pfister?

I think Silvio is a great utility player for the team. Perhaps underappreciated becz he oftens plays out of his natural position to help out the team.

VB

was thinking that the other day, corneal may have a part to do with this

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 01:06:34 AM »
I think Jagdeosingh would be very useful in this side.  He plays as an all-attack midfielder though, so to put him in would probably use up a striker spot.
He's effective.  He can keep possession and penetrate.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 05:18:41 AM »
From what I understand A League players will not be considered.

From what I understand; A League players will not be considered.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »

we too small for dem kinda luxuries

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 06:09:27 AM »

The final 18 will be tough to pick, but if everybody fit, this might be the squad:

Marvin Phillip
Tony Warner
Julius James
Seon Power
Carlos Edwards
Jake Thomson
Akeem Adams
Carlyle Mitchell
Keon Daniel
Chris Birchall
Clyde Leon
Khaleem Hyland
Andre Boucaud
Lester Peltier
Darryl Roberts
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Andre Toussaint

Yuh feel he go leave out Tinto?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 07:24:06 AM »
how de sayiing does go.....licks like fire, licks like peas...we are the best in the west indies....4-0!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
Hope the players secure their flights, especially those coming from or connecting in the US as Irene messed with many flights and there were cancellations.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »

I hope that's not true.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 11:05:56 AM »

Marvin Phillip
Tony Warner
Julius James
Seon Power
Carlos Edwards
Jake Thomson
Akeem Adams
Carlyle Mitchell
Keon Daniel
Chris Birchall
Clyde Leon
Khaleem Hyland
Andre Boucaud
Lester Peltier
Darryl Roberts
Stern John
Kenwyne Jones
Andre Toussaint

Yuh feel he go leave out Tinto?

Who Tinto replacin in dat 18?  Peltier?

MAYBE only Toussaint.  And Toussaint is a different type of player.  Tinto's direct competition is Peltier.

He eh replacin Carlos Edwards and because Jake Thomson versatile, he unlikely to play in front of him either
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:26:32 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »

any reason why?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
Shaun still have Seon Power playing for Joe Public, I thought he went to NE Stars...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »

How de ass we could look at players in the lower echelons of the Eng.div. ...below the fuc&^%g fourth div. as well as players from the TTPL but not ones from the A League, wasn't it the A League that had a dominant effect on the Concacaf Club Championships a few years back.

I can't believe that Pfister could be so dotish...Kettering Town but not the A League...Dem fukers like to give we hope then pull stones.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »

Wasn't there word that Jagdeosingh had been "observed"?

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »
No Jason Scotland? Smh!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>