May 28, 2024, 12:33:55 PM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 212468 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: He called me a black nigger
« Reply #840 on: March 19, 2012, 05:48:47 AM »
Where did Fabien play his football in Trinidad?

VB

He played for; Fyzabad Composite, Naparima College, Alvin Corneal Coaching Coach [Siparia Branch], Irwin Park Rangers, Forest Fyzabad F.C, Palo Seco F.C, W Connection F.C.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:52:16 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 19, 2012, 05:58:05 AM »
Good work by the referee...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 19, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
hassim would be called the same thing in many places.

http://www.balestierkhalsafc.com/about-the-team/s-league-squad/player/1/11

in fact, with a name like that and he religion, he go be called plenty other things.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:53 AM »
Chris Samba was another one, got a banana thrown at him.

But I don't think you needed to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out it was going to happen, he had to of known before he signed for the money.  It doesn't make it right and it shouldn't happen, but if you know its going on and decide to go anyway, you shouldn't be that shocked when it happens to you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17434648

Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala have called on Lokomotiv Moscow to identify the fan who threw a banana at Congo's Christopher Samba on Sunday.

The incident, which Anzhi have described as "idiotic", took place in Moscow as the hosts won 1-0.

"We are assured that representatives of ... Lokomotiv will settle this issue and the guilty will be identified and punished," Anzhi said in a statement.........................................................................

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 19, 2012, 10:28:29 AM »
tribal bizness...STOPPPPPPPP
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 19, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
So what's new, pussy cat.   ::)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 19, 2012, 01:35:22 PM »
Call it what it really is, racism! tribalism is when two of ah kind get into it, like you and RF.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 19, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
Call it what it really is, racism! tribalism is when two of ah kind get into it, like you and RF.

Everyone is of the same "kind"... for crying out loud.  Hence "tribalism" is very appropo.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
that real unfortunate...Fabien is meh brethren too  >:(

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 19, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
hassim would be called the same thing in many places.

http://www.balestierkhalsafc.com/about-the-team/s-league-squad/player/1/11

in fact, with a name like that and he religion, he go be called plenty other things.

Well actually, he'd probably be called a chinky b*stard in England by way of racist comment. But the point is, two wrongs don't make a right. Whether its a blackman, an Asian or a whiteman, any such racist comment should be heavily penalised. The club should also be fined and Zulkiffi should be made to attend some kind of anti racist course. 

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »
I dunno maybe I'm all alone thinking like this but so what if some one calls you a nigger on the pitch shake that shit off and play. Personally I live in the south in the US and I've learned if you don't think your a nigger you shouldn't feel offense to it.. I dunno it's 2012.. Football is a game. And there Are far more serious things to stress about.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 19, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
I dunno maybe I'm all alone thinking like this but so what if some one calls you a nigger on the pitch shake that shit off and play. Personally I live in the south in the US and I've learned if you don't think your a nigger you shouldn't feel offense to it.. I dunno it's 2012.. Football is a game. And there Are far more serious things to stress about.

No place for that shit on the pitch... no place for it in the game.  One can absolutely object to it without letting it affect you, the two reactions are not mutually exclusive. Lewis did the absolute correct thing.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
De ball they playing in the S-League look real small... Blacks are not looked highly upon by the four tigers, a lot of misconceptions by the general public on "Blacks"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 20, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »
What de guy do is definitely unaccepted.

However, I find black man skin tin when it comes to these sort of things.

They does call de Indian (coolie), de white man (honkie) and de Chine (China man) but when they get called Nigger they does get real vex ?

I went to de Apollo Theatre once for a comedy show and them blackman comedian was really dissing de white and Chinese people, at one time I felt somebody woulda flip on them....

Dont get me wrong, this behavior should never be accepted, but if you does give, you have to learn to receive to.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 20, 2012, 10:22:48 AM »
Sam i cant comment on other racist names but gettin called honkie and cracker etc is just annoying.
 Doesn't have any of the historical baggage that the N word does, so can't really equate the two.

Must say I had to laugh once in Moruga when I got told to go back to America (had only been to the US once for a week before I was 17)
In Rio Claro at age 15 I was told by big grown men in the crowd that "white people" not welcome here. That shocked me more, just being young and it being a lil U16 game. Couldn't believe all that talk would come from random members of the crowd and not even the students of the school we were playing

Back in Trini...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »
Fabian lucky dey ah ask him to see his tail or if de black does rub off, but kudos to Fabian for responding in the right way about it  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 20, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »

They does call de Indian (coolie), de white man (honkie) and de Chine (China man) but when they get called Nigger they does get real vex ?

I went to de Apollo Theatre once for a comedy show and them blackman comedian was really dissing de white and Chinese people, at one time I felt somebody woulda flip on them....

Dont get me wrong, this behavior should never be accepted, but if you does give, you have to learn to receive to.

You seriously trying to facking compare some heckling by comedians to this incident?  You think asians and whites don't get offended?  All this displays is your own ignorance to what is going on elsewhere in the world.  The Knicks have a Taiwanese-American point guard... in the US they used to call people from China/Taiwan "Chinks".  An editor for ESPN.com loss he job for approving a headline that said "A Chink in the Armor"... referring to a flawed performance by the player.  Asian-Americans were upset that he used a racially-charged word.  Never mind that "chink in the armor" is a well-known saying referring to a flaw or weakness in something... and the editor was referring to the flawed performance of the player, and that he was being targeted by the opposition as the weak link in the Knicks defense.

People need to educate themselves... the idiots who use racial pejoratives, and the ones who quick to bawl that people overreacting.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »

You can't be serious??!! as ah matter of fact yuhs ah fraud! bc you can't be half black and living in america since you small in the mids of all this racism and have these cowardly obscure views, no fackin way.

IMO yuhs ah indian who assume the identity as ah mixed person on the site so you could say what's on your mind without being called on it! i've been paying attention to your post now for 5 yrs, and something always irking you about black folks, while indian ppl are always victims of black abuse. 

stop fronting and come out and tell everyone that yuhs ah indian who have ah beef with "creole", as yuh like tuh call we.   nobody eh go mad @ yuh fuh dat.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:09:31 PM by just cool »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 20, 2012, 01:52:29 PM »

You seriously trying to facking compare some heckling by comedians to this incident?  You think asians and whites don't get offended?  All this displays is your own ignorance to what is going on elsewhere in the world.  The Knicks have a Taiwanese-American point guard... in the US they used to call people from China/Taiwan "Chinks".  An editor for ESPN.com loss he job for approving a headline that said "A Chink in the Armor"... referring to a flawed performance by the player.  Asian-Americans were upset that he used a racially-charged word.  Never mind that "chink in the armor" is a well-known saying referring to a flaw or weakness in something... and the editor was referring to the flawed performance of the player, and that he was being targeted by the opposition as the weak link in the Knicks defense.

People need to educate themselves... the idiots who use racial pejoratives, and the ones who quick to bawl that people overreacting.

yourself is as good a place to start as any. no one in dey right mind would conflate the treatment of asians and whites as you did above. learn some history.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 20, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »
To be honest, its not even about the actual name you are called, its the intent to abuse or disrespect you that does the damage. I'm white, so being called white shouldn't be a problem, right? But when a certain ex FIFAVice President said on a radio show "What is this white Englishman doing coming here are telling us about our football" I was offended. Why did he need to even state the fact that I was white? What did it have to do with the context? On the other hand, I get called "white boy", "honky" "vanilla" "wigga" and even "nigga" by friends and acquaintances and it doeasn't bother me at all.

Its similar to a friend giving you a dead arm or a horse bite and you laugh it off, but an asshole bumps you on purpose and you wanna slap him.

In the instance with the player, it was clearly intended to offend and therefore should be punished severely.

Like any weapon, words are benign until they are used to cause pain.

I have several Trini friends who we greet each other as "my brother from another mother".

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 20, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
yourself is as good a place to start as any. no one in dey right mind would conflate the treatment of asians and whites as you did above. learn some history.

I think you need to sit down and figure out which is yuh head from which is yuh asshole because on current form it seems clear yuh have them confused.  No one in their right mind would interpret my statement as conflating the disparate treatments handed out to whites and asians, I stated that they too get offended and gave an example of asians being offended.  Instead or campaigning for cunny of the year, it might do you well to focus on making a more positive contribution aside from instigating talk.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 21, 2012, 06:30:35 AM »

Yuh right boy, Sam......we skin to damned thin!  After all the abuse from as many races and cultures as we have (some would argue, disproportionately) received and especialy from the Europeans, we should be able to handle it if a banana hit we on a football field man.  I find we should jes (continue to) take we lix and keep on smiling because the little inconveniences that we have experienced throughout history could never compare to what the Whites, Indians and Chinese have had to endure.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 21, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »
So all de shit you have to endure does not give you the right to get even.

And I never said de guy was right for throwing bananas or calling someone nigger..... never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get your story straight.....

You cant go around getting pissed or wanting to fight someone and everyone for calling you nigger....

Who de hell cares about 200 years ago..... dont let that keep you down..

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:14:34 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 21, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

And I never said de guy was right for throwing bananas or calling someone nigger..... never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant go around getting pissed or wanting to fight someone and everyone for calling you nigger....

Sam yuh trying to kill we or what.  Sam how much people yuh beat up in de last 5 years. And we does only hear about de football related beat-ups. Well yes. yuh good oui!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #864 on: March 21, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »
Sam i cant comment on other racist names but gettin called honkie and cracker etc is just annoying.
 Doesn't have any of the historical baggage that the N word does, so can't really equate the two.

Must say I had to laugh once in Moruga when I got told to go back to America (had only been to the US once for a week before I was 17)
In Rio Claro at age 15 I was told by big grown men in the crowd that "white people" not welcome here. That shocked me more, just being young and it being a lil U16 game. Couldn't believe all that talk would come from random members of the crowd and not even the students of the school we were playing

That real sad to hear . I always say Trinis not as nice as we think we are and we have double standards when it comes to race.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #865 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:21 AM »

That not being thin skinned . Anybody would be enraged in that situation. The guy attacked his race. I think no matter how level headed you are when that happens its instantly upsetting.

Your example would make more sense if you were comparing like for like as in black people being upset by joke made by white comics. 

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 21, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

I will always get vex when this happen to men but at the same time I want to pull my hair out. What did he expect? It's Russia after all. That's why players only go to Russia if the money nice. The money nice so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Why complain now? Racism in Russia is not a football issue. They write the word "n*gger" outside the US embassy in Moscow big and bold on the pavement. They have Neo Nazi parades out in the open. Thats part of their society and they aren't friendly to foreigners. Are some of these footballers really living in a bubble? if this happened in Scotland or England I could understand the outrage and shock.

I am in no way condoning the action  but it is what it is. Jump high or jump low Russia's not changing anytime soon.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 21, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

That real sad to hear . I always say Trinis not as nice as we think we are and we have double standards when it comes to race.

It happens here....but its usually either uneducated idiots or guys over 60. Mostly, I find Trinis very tolerant towards whites.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Sam, everybody beating up on you today. But you right to a point.  Don't let that keep you down.  But believe you me Black people in the diaspora have gone thru all means of trying to forget their past. But things keep recurring that makes us wonder "what's wrong with me". As in this case.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/justice/mississippi-hate-crime/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Black men in particular have this inate defensive mechanism in their psyche. It does not matter how far up the totem pole  you reach, it is always there. Always watch your arse. It maybe hard to explain to you.
My son grew up in Bowie, Md, a  progressive and integrated community. But I always warn him to be on alert when he leaves  the sheltered community of Bowie and DC metro area. What maybe kosher there maybe  sacreligeous elsewhere.  The  Florida incident and Chris Samba issue in Russia makes you wonder if this crap will ever end. And yes some blacks use these incidents as an excuse to always blame it on "whitey". Bro, personally, most of the things that I have not or yet accomplished in life is my own doing. I either did not have the resources to do it. I did not prepare my self fully to accomplish it. Or I just was not interested in pursuing that interest anymore. Meh eh blaming nobody. Is ME. I dealing with the the NOW.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:55:53 PM by Deeks »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 21, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »

I will always get vex when this happen to men but at the same time I want to pull my hair out. What did he expect? It's Russia after all. That's why players only go to Russia if the money nice. The money nice so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Why complain now? Racism in Russia is not a football issue. They write the word "n*gger" outside the US embassy in Moscow big and bold on the pavement. They have Neo Nazi parades out in the open. Thats part of their society and they aren't friendly to foreigners. Are some of these footballers really living in a bubble? if this happened in Scotland or England I could understand the outrage and shock.

I am in no way condoning the action  but it is what it is. Jump high or jump low Russia's not changing anytime soon.

They may not be changing anytime soon, but the eventual change that is to come about, it starts with seemingly insignificant incidents like this.  It is shedding light on issues that need to be addressed.  Yuh cyah just say that men know how russia is and they shouldn't complain, this is all part of the process of change that will have to come about.  The fellas that takin' d lix now are paving the way for others and nothing cyah stop dat. Granted, some people may feel that FIFA shoulda tell russia to straighten out dey race problems before "rewarding" them with the hosting of a WC but maybe that is how it all has to happen, too.  Should Black players not complain when they get mistreated in italy, too?  They still have some social issues that need to be worked out, too and they supposed to be miles ahead of russia on them issues.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>