March 28, 2024, 09:49:08 AM

Author Topic: NBC Sports Network Outbids Fox Soccer for EPL Broadcast Rights  (Read 16687 times)

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBC Sports Network Outbids Fox Soccer for EPL Broadcast Rights
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
ummmmmmm
they lose EPL.. so what?
hopefully it means FSC will pick up more spanish, italian, german and french football and throw away scottish football

how scottish football even gets any airtime is beyond me!?
AND rangers not even in it

Yep, as long as they keep showing the other leagues. SPL is boo!

Didn't they lose their Italian soccer rights as well?

giggsy11

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »
Yeah, Bein showing it. 

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
So NBC has EPL and MLS.
FSC has... French and Scottish?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 05:49:48 PM »

FSC never had the rights to Serie A.
So NBC has EPL and MLS.

beIN owns the rights to Ligue 1, La Liga and Serie A.  GOL still owns the US broadcast rights for the Bundesliga, which means the games are unavailable on DirecTV.

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 06:06:18 PM »

FSC never had the rights to Serie A.
So NBC has EPL and MLS.

beIN owns the rights to Ligue 1, La Liga and Serie A.  GOL still owns the US broadcast rights for the Bundesliga, which means the games are unavailable on DirecTV.

Bake the Douche,  Foxsoccer extended their rights to show Serie A in 2010 up until 2012. Up until the end of last season Foxsoccer was showing Serie A. Always in a hurry tuh post like yuh know. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

giggsy11

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »
Exclusive: Al Jazeera Sports Network Wins Serie A US TV Rights, Say Source

Posted on March 19, 2012 by The Gaffer

EXCLUSIVE: Al Jazeera Sports Network has won the US TV rights to Serie A, beginning with the 2012-13 season, according to a source.

The news comes hot on the heels of last week’s exclusive story by sister site La Liga Talk that Al Jazeera has also won the US TV rights to La Liga for seasons 2012-13 onwards. With La Liga and Serie A under their belt, Al Jazeera now owns rights to two of the top European soccer leagues that are aired on US television and the Internet.

FOX Soccer currently owns the US rights to Serie A, and will continue to broadcast Serie A games for the remainder of the season with commentators Christian Miles and Christopher Sullivan. When reached for a reaction to the news, a FOX Soccer spokesperson said ‘no comment.’

Questions surrounding how Al Jazeera Sports Network plans on broadcasting Serie A and La Liga games next season remain unanswered. Expect more details to be announced in the coming months.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Fragmentation
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 06:39:18 PM »
Fragmentation

Right you are.

Bake the Douche,  Foxsoccer extended their rights to show Serie A in 2010 up until 2012. Up until the end of last season Foxsoccer was showing Serie A. Always in a hurry tuh post like yuh know. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

For a woman... or whatever you are, pushing 50, you really ought to show a bit more maturity than childish name-calling... but perhaps you can't help your true nature.  That said... how does Fox own the US rights to Serie A when the 2012-2013 games are also being broadcast on GOL TV?  That of course indicates the absence of exclusive rights being held by either broadcaster... but don't let facts and rationality get in the way of your emotional flailing.

The US broadcast rights to Serie A has long been held by a company called MP & Silva, which then packaged and sold the games to GOL and Fox.  Starting next season, exclusive US rights to Serie A will be held by RAI... who will package and sell most games to other broadcasters here such as beIN and GOL.

giggsy11

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
Fragmentation

Right you are.

For a woman... or whatever you are, pushing 50, you really ought to show a bit more maturity than childish name-calling... but perhaps you can't help your true nature.  That said... how does Fox own the US rights to Serie A when the 2012-2013 games are also being broadcast on GOL TV?  That of course indicates the absence of exclusive rights being held by either broadcaster... but don't let facts and rationality get in the way of your emotional flailing.

The US broadcast rights to Serie A has long been held by a company called MP & Silva, which then packaged and sold the games to GOL and Fox.  Starting next season, exclusive US rights to Serie A will be held by RAI... who will package and sell most games to other broadcasters here such as beIN and GOL.

Fragmentation

Right you are.

Douchebag, just calling you what you are and how you  present yourself on this forum. You have also inserted my name in discussions/threads I was not a part of, so don't try, and act  like you have morals and that you are not immature, gutless and petty.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »
I thought FCS had Serie A games that usually came on around 2ish, though I haven't watched FCS since last year.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »
Douchebag, just calling you what you are and how you  present yourself on this forum. You have also inserted my name in discussions/threads I was not a part of, so don't try, and act  like you have morals and that you are not immature, gutless and petty.

Righto... and when yuh done toting yuh feelings, maybe we could get back to discussing the broadcasting of European football in the US.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
I thought FCS had Serie A games that usually came on around 2ish, though I haven't watched FCS since last year.

JR they did broadcast games... as part of a non-exclusive deal with MP & Silva who holds the actual rights.

giggsy11

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »

Righto... and when yuh done toting yuh feelings, maybe we could get back to discussing the broadcasting of European football in the US.

Douchebag I am not toting any feelings, but apparently you are, since you like to insert my name up in threads/discussions. We know you can't help yourself, because being on this forum, gives you the opportunity to act like you would, if you were walking around invisible. Carry on son  ;)

The bottom line is FSC has not shown SerieA matches after last season which is when they had the broadcasting rights to show the matches. Which is what the orignal question was about. Bein/Goltv now owns those rights and now shows those matches.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Massive coverage of the EPL on NBC
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 01:22:09 AM »

NBC is really committed to broadcasting soccer.  The upcoming schedule is simply incredible.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/7/29/4568642/2013-14-nbc-epl-tv-schedule

NBC announces massive EPL schedule to open season

NBC, NBCSN and CNBC will combine to televise 69 games through Dec. 1.

Well, Premier League fans were promised coverage like they'd never seen before, and the NBC Sports Group appears to have delivered.

The network announced its EPL schedule through December 1 on Monday, and it features an impressive commitment to the league. NBC itself will air 10 matches live on Saturday afternoons, while NBC Sports Network (soon-to-be rebranded as NBCSN) will air 57 matches on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays. CNBC will chip in with two additional Sunday matches, while Telemundo and mun2 will handle Spanish-language broadcasts of 27 matches.

NBC will also make every game available via TV Everywhere (the NBC Sports Live Extra App) and via a new package that works similar to the MLB Extra Innings or NFL Sunday Ticket packages. This is known as Premier League Extra Time. To date, AT&T U-Verse, Cablevision, Comcast, DIRECTV, DISH and Suddenlink have opted to carry the Extra Time package. Verizon hasn't agreed to carry Extra Time, but does grant access to the NBC Sports Live Extra app. 100 other partners have also opted in. If you'd like a definitive yes or no, perhaps leave the name of your provider in the comments and we'll get it sorted out.

The way things work is as follows: typically, NBCSN will air a game at 7:45 a.m. ET that has already been scheduled. At 10 a.m. ET, they will air a match that will be determined as the season goes along (a spokesman for NBC told me to expend the announcement of the first month soon). NBC will air 10 matches between now and Dec. 1 live at 12:30 p.m. ET. It is the largest-ever commitment to EPL (or really any soccer league) by a broadcast network in the United States.

Arlo White is the lead play-by-play man for the EPL on NBC. He'll call two matches per week with either Lee Dixon or Graham Le Saux. Rebecca Lowe hosts NBC's studio show for all Premier League coverage.

What follows is NBC's 69-game schedule of EPL matches through Dec. 1. Note that some matches are subject to change due to things like Europa League matches moving games back from Saturdays to Sundays, but most of the matches listed here are fairly set in stone.

Date    Time    Match    Network
Aug. 17    7:45 a.m. ET    Liverpool vs. Stoke    NBCSN
Aug. 17    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Aug. 17    12:30 p.m. ET    Swansea vs. Manchester United    NBC
Aug. 18    8:30 a.m. ET    Crystal Palace vs. Tottenham    NBCSN
Aug. 18    11 a.m. ET    Chelsea vs. Hull    NBCSN
Aug. 19    3 p.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Newcastle    NBCSN
Aug. 21    2:30 p.m. ET    Chelsea vs. Aston Villa    NBCSN
Aug. 24    7:45 a.m. ET    Fulham vs. Arsenal    NBCSN
Aug. 24    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Aug. 24    12:30 p.m. ET    Aston Villa vs. Liverpool    NBC
Aug. 25    11 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Aug. 26    3 p.m. ET    Manchester United vs. Chelsea    NBCSN
Aug. 31    7:45 a.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Hull    NBCSN
Aug. 31    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Aug. 31    12:30 p.m. ET    Crystal Palace vs. Sunderland    NBC
Sept. 1    8:30 a.m. ET    Liverpool vs. Manchester United    NBCSN
Sept. 1    11 a.m. ET    Arsenal vs. Tottenham    NBCSN
Sept. 14    7:45 a.m. ET    Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace    NBCSN
Sept. 14    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Sept. 14    12:30 p.m. ET    Everton vs. Chelsea    NBC
Sept. 15    11 a.m. ET    Southampton vs. West Ham    NBCSN
Sept. 16    3 p.m. ET    Swansea vs. Liverpool    NBCSN
Sept. 21    7:45 a.m. ET    Norwich vs. Aston Villa    NBCSN
Sept. 21    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Sept. 21    12:30 p.m. ET    Chelsea vs. Fulham    NBCSN
Sept. 22    8:30 a.m. ET    Arsenal vs. Stoke    CNBC
Sept. 22    11 a.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Manchester United    NBCSN
Sept. 28    7:45 a.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Everton    NBCSN
Sept. 28    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Sept. 28    12:30 p.m. ET    Swansea vs. Arsenal    NBC
Sept. 29    8:30 a.m. ET    Stoke vs. Norwich    NBCSN
Sept. 29    11 a.m. ET    Sunderland vs. Liverpool    NBCSN
Sept. 30    3 p.m. ET    Everton vs. Newcastle    NBCSN
Oct. 5    7:45 a.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Everton    NBCSN
Oct. 5    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Oct. 5    12:30 p.m. ET    Sunderland vs. Manchester United    NBC
Oct. 6    8:30 a.m. ET    Norwich vs. Chelsea    NBCSN
Oct. 6    11 a.m. ET    West Brom vs. Arsenal    NBCSN
Oct. 19    7:45 a.m. ET    Newcastle vs. Liverpool    NBCSN
Oct. 19    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Oct. 19    12:30 p.m. ET    West Ham vs. Manchester City    NBC
Oct. 20    11 a.m. ET    Aston Villa vs. Tottenham    NBCSN
Oct. 21    3 p.m. ET    Crystal Palace vs. Fulham    NBCSN
Oct. 26    7:45 a.m. ET    Crystal Palace vs. Arsenal    NBCSN
Oct. 26    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Oct. 26    12:30 p.m. ET    Southampton vs. Fulham    NBCSN
Oct. 27    9:30 a.m. ET    Chelsea vs. Manchester City    NBCSN
Oct. 27    12 p.m. ET    Sunderland vs. Newcastle    NBCSN
Nov. 2    8:45 a.m. ET    Newcastle vs. Chelsea    NBCSN
Nov. 2    11 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Nov. 2    1:30 p.m. ET    Arsenal vs. Liverpool    NBC
Nov. 3    8:30 a.m. ET    Everton vs. Tottenham    CNBC
Nov. 3    11 a.m. ET    Cardiff vs. Swansea    NBCSN
Nov. 9    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Nov. 9    12:30 p.m. ET    Norwich vs. West Ham    NBC
Nov. 10    7 a.m. ET    Tottenham vs. Newcastle    NBCSN
Nov. 10    9 a.m. ET    Sunderland vs. Manchester City    NBCSN
Nov. 10    11 a.m. ET    Manchester United vs. Arsenal    NBCSN
Nov. 23    7:45 a.m. ET    Everton vs. Liverpool    NBCSN
Nov. 23    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Nov. 23    12:30 p.m. ET    Manchester City vs. Tottenham    NBC
Nov. 24    8:30 a.m. ET    West Ham vs. Chelsea    NBCSN
Nov. 24    11 a.m. ET    Cardiff vs. Manchester United    NBCSN
Nov. 25    3 p.m. ET    West Brom vs. Aston Villa    NBCSN
Nov. 30    7:45 a.m. ET    Tottenham vs. Manchester United    NBCSN
Nov. 30    10 a.m. ET    TBD    NBCSN
Nov. 30    12:30 p.m. ET    Newcastle vs. West Brom    NBC
Dec. 1    8:30 a.m. ET    Hull vs. Liverpool    NBCSN
Dec. 1    11 a.m. ET    Chelsea vs. Southampton    NBCSN

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:05 AM »
I know we have NBC here..... but what about the rest of the NBC stations?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
I assume Flow, Greendot, Blink, DirecTV, etc are all ahead of the game by replacing FSC with NBCSN  :-\ By the way Fox Soccer Channel is shutting down and all of its programming is being absorbed into Fox Sports 1  :yellowcard: (a new channel which is starting up in a couple days)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »
i hadda talk to flow bout beinsports...yall epl guzzlers good for you..ah sufferin here..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
I assume sportsmax will still give us their share of games ie rights to the caribbean footage of bpl my concern is the early game the 730am and the choice of different games ie those that were on FOX pLUS
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
I called FLOW today and asked about this

She said Sportsmax are launching Sportsmax 2 and they will replace Fox Soccer Plus in the Max Pack and Fox Soccer Plus will be added to the basic lineup (possibly becoming channel 78)

I guess Fox Soccer will naturally become Fox Sports 1

Hopefully Sportsmax 1 and 2 will be good enough because they are sketchy with quality

If Flow were smart they would bring NBC and all their sport channels and make one Football package ..also in HD

It is 2013 stewps

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 07:46:48 AM »
NBC is trying to take over a market that excludes Baseball and NFL.  They also outbid versus and some other channel for formula 1 racing.  They already show Division 2 college sports and "extreme" sports as well.  Taking out competitors Fox soccer, Cbs sports, versus, etc (American channels) I'm pretty sure this is going to be the first of many steps for NBC to try and become if not take over the number 1 sports market that ESPN is.

To be honest, I just want a station that showing only football. Not one where they fit in football matches and showing a bunch of other sports when there are matches they can show. ESPN shows one EPL match a week, no replays. The beauty about Foxsoccer is that it is football 24/7. Bein unlike Goltv shows football and other sports. Not interested, especially if none showing Bundasliga or football matches people who love the sport want to see.

tru dat
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFzrxxaNHlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LFzrxxaNHlg</a>
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:07:13 AM by mukumsplau »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KeG_i8CWE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6KeG_i8CWE8</a>

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:29 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KeG_i8CWE8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6KeG_i8CWE8</a>
funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »
Yeah Storebay, the NBC lineup looks great! European league football on a major network! Love to see the sport growing!! Glory, glory ManUtd!
Hart for president

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
Meanwhile salt for trini
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: NBC Sports Network Outbids Fox Soccer for EPL Broadcast Rights
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
I called FLOW today and asked about this

She said Sportsmax are launching Sportsmax 2 and they will replace Fox Soccer Plus in the Max Pack and Fox Soccer Plus will be added to the basic lineup (possibly becoming channel 78)

I guess Fox Soccer will naturally become Fox Sports 1

Hopefully Sportsmax 1 and 2 will be good enough because they are sketchy with quality

If Flow were smart they would bring NBC and all their sport channels and make one Football package ..also in HD

It is 2013 stewps

I see NBC sports available but you have to pay extra
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »
Yeah Storebay, the NBC lineup looks great! European league football on a major network! Love to see the sport growing!! Glory, glory ManUtd!

This itself isn't new... Fox has been showing EPL games (live and re-broadcasts) on their regular network channel for at least the past three seasons in the 4 o'clock slot on Sundays.  The main difference here is that NBC is committing to showing one game each week on their network channel.  The rest of games will be on NBC Universal... a cable/satellite channel, and via online streaming.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:57 PM »

This itself isn't new... Fox has been showing EPL games (live and re-broadcasts) on their regular network channel for at least the past three seasons in the 4 o'clock slot on Sundays.  The main difference here is that NBC is committing to showing one game each week on their network channel.  The rest of games will be on NBC Universal... a cable/satellite channel, and via online streaming.

That's been a very infrequent occurrence on Fox, and certainly not weekly; and if you understood the main difference between your point and mine then why even comment? Don't be contrarian just for the sake of it.
Hart for president

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »
That's been a very infrequent occurrence on Fox, and certainly not weekly; and if you understood the main difference between your point and mine then why even comment? Don't be contrarian just for the sake of it.

For me to be "contrarian" I would have to disagree with you. I am not disagreeing as much as I am clarifying your statement. Now unbunch yuh panty from yuh ass crack.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:45:31 PM by Bakes »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »

For me to be "contrarian" I would have to disagree with you. I am not disagreeing as much as I am clarifying your statement. Now I bunch yuh panty from yuh ass crack.

But you haven't clarified anything. If anything, you've misinformed since Fox was very infrequently (and only recently at all) airing EPL matches on the main network.
Hart for president

1]; } ?>