March 28, 2024, 03:45:14 AM

Author Topic: 2013/14 T&T Pro League  (Read 40420 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 T&T Pro League Fixtures.
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »
Looks like Connection's unbeaten run is over.

Point Fortin Civic 2 - 1 W Connection
(Toussaint, Cooper)    (Arcia)

Looks like Cooper settled in quickly! They tempted fate with that news article clearly :p

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
Soccerama, I'd be interested in your take on the double sending off in the Police vs Central game.

From my view, I saw Guerra make a strong challenge to which the ref awarded a throw in. Then Trent Noel physically accosted the Ref and was immediately shown the red card. Then the Police players crowded the ref and eventually Guerra was shown a red card too.

Question: How can a red card be shown to Guerra when a throw in was awarded? If the ref missed the incident, how can he award a red card? The 4th official didn't contribute to the decision and neither assistant was consulted either.

Now I'm not saying there was no foul (I thought it was a good tackle, but I was up in the stands) but once the referee made a decision how can he then give a red card for a challenge that he didn't judge to be a foul?

Generally, the ref was poor throughout and allowed many bad challenges to go unchecked.

Hey FS, my only explanation is that Guerra may have said something to him. It would be interesting to see his report though. My personal view is that the officiating leaves a lot to be desired, these officials are very thin skinned & sometimes seem to be out of depth with the exception of Brizan (who also has his problems).

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
Soccerama, I'd be interested in your take on the double sending off in the Police vs Central game.

From my view, I saw Guerra make a strong challenge to which the ref awarded a throw in. Then Trent Noel physically accosted the Ref and was immediately shown the red card. Then the Police players crowded the ref and eventually Guerra was shown a red card too.

Question: How can a red card be shown to Guerra when a throw in was awarded? If the ref missed the incident, how can he award a red card? The 4th official didn't contribute to the decision and neither assistant was consulted either.

Now I'm not saying there was no foul (I thought it was a good tackle, but I was up in the stands) but once the referee made a decision how can he then give a red card for a challenge that he didn't judge to be a foul?

Generally, the ref was poor throughout and allowed many bad challenges to go unchecked.

Hey FS, my only explanation is that Guerra may have said something to him. It would be interesting to see his report though. My personal view is that the officiating leaves a lot to be desired, these officials are very thin skinned & sometimes seem to be out of depth with the exception of Brizan (who also has his problems).

Match report says he consulted his assistant and then awarded a red card for an elbow. Thoughts?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »

Match report says he consulted his assistant and then awarded a red card for an elbow. Thoughts?

Madness. Guerra's hands were at his sides. If thats an elbow then I elbow people everyday walking passed them. The officiating has been really poor. Its not even bias to one side over another. Its just bad calls where the ref seems more emotional than the players

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick-Angus rivalry: Star-studded Central against N/E Stars
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:07 AM »
Fenwick-Angus rivalry: Star-studded Central against N/E Stars
TTProLeague.com

While there may be a burning rivalry between coaches Terry Fenwick and his former assistant Angus Eve, now at separate clubs of course, the real contest happens on the pitch.

Fenwick’s star-studded Central, yet to click, and Eve’s Sangre Grande-based Stars will meet on the battle field—Hasely Crawford Stadium—from 8 pm on Friday, and both teams are in desperate need of points, paving way for what can turn out a fierce clash.

Two hours earlier (6 pm), fifth positioned Caledonia AIA (17 points) are against cellar positioned St. Ann’s Rangers to kick off the Digicel Pro League Round Two Match Day Six double header. And on Saturday second positioned Point Fortin Civic (20 points), 12 points behind inactive leaders DIRECTV W Connection (32 points), will host eight-positioned San Juan Jabloteh (10 points) from 3.30 pm at the Mahaica Oval in Point Fortin.

Fenwick and Eve preferred to play down the magnitude of the rivalry, though.

“We are simply attacking this game as any other game,” said Fenwick, a three-time Pro League winning coach at former club Jabloteh.

Meanwhile Angus Eve, who served Fenwick as a player, then assistant coach during their time at Jabloteh, said, “I think all the Pro League games are intense. The intensity has grown this season and when you look at the point difference of most teams on the standings, it shows the level of competitiveness.”

North East Stars, fourth with 17 points, and Central, two spots lower with 15 points, have met twice already this season.

Central had defeated the Stars 2-1 last September in the quarterfinal round of the First Citizens Cup, before moving on to win the competition. But when both sides met again in Round One of the league in November, it ended 1-1.

This time around there are new faces on both sides.

North East Stars mid-season transfer window signings includes former T&T U-23 forward Trevin Caesar, talented midfielder Keron Cummings, Trinidad and Tobago 2007 U-17 World Cup midfielder Chike Sullivan and a relatively unknown forward Lemuel Lyons.

While Central were a bit more bold in their signings which includes T&T internationals Ataullah Guerra and Willis Plaza, ex-T&T international Yohance Marshall, Defence Force utility player Samuel Delice and former T&T Youth World Cup players Sean de Silva and Leston Paul.

“We have a very good squad of players,” said Fenwick. “And (Friday’s match) is just an opportunity for us to get on the right track.

“We have depth in the squad and I now have room to change players who aren’t doing what they are supposed to do, by putting other personalities in there.”

Central have gone undefeated in their last five matches, but have not recorded more than a draw in the last four matches.

“We are disappointed in the draws because we have dominated those games,” added the Central coach. “We’ve got to turn the domination into results.”

Central will be without the services of Guerra – one of three midfielders suspended on the weekend. Caledonia’s Densill Theobald and Point Fortin Civic’s Andrei Pacheco are the others.

Guerra and Theobald, both picked up red cards in their respective matches last Friday and are expected to face a disciplinary committee, while Pacheco is suspended on yellow cards accumulation.

North East Stars meanwhile, will be without the services in injury-listed defensive midfiedler Kern Navarro with a hamstring problem, while left-back Kevon Villaroel is still sidelined with a back injury.

“Central have made a lot of signings,” continued Eve, as he looks forward to Friday’s clash. “We also made some signings and I think it should be a good encounter.

“Since the turn of the year we have won two games, lost won, and drew one. It’s not a bad record. We had lapses in our last game, which we lost 2-0 against Connection, but hopefully we will be switched on completely (against Central).”

Fenwick believes that North East Stars “would be quite defensive and looking for the long balls to their centre forward Caesar”.

“I think (Caesar) is the most dangerous forward in the league,” Eve added. “The problem is that we have to re-program him now, because of the way he played at (his former club) Caledonia. If (Caesar) plays higher up the pitch he is effective but he tends to drop in midfield and stay too long. He needs to understand where his strengths are.”

Digicel Pro League 2013/2014
Round Two Match Day Six
Hasely Crawford Stadium
Caledonia AIA vs St. Ann’s Rangers—6 pm
Central FC vs North East Stars—8 pm

Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin
Point Fortin Civic vs San Juan Jabloteh—3.30 pm

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick-Angus rivalry: Star-studded Central against N/E Stars
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
Battle for third place in Pro League
T&T Newsday

THERE WILL be a battle for third place in the Digicel Pro League this weekend when action continues in Round Two Match Day Six.

Leaders W Connection (32 points) and third-place Police (18 points) are both inactive this weekend.

Police were carded to oppose Defence Force from 8 pm today (FRIDAY) at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, but Defence Force are yet to indicate if, and when, they will return to the 2013-2014 season.

As a result, the Central FC-North East Stars game, which was originally scheduled for tomorrow from 5 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, will now take place at the Mucurapo venue today at 8 pm. Central are in sixth place with 15 points, while North East are fifth with 17 points.

Point Fortin Civic FC are in second place with 20 points and, judging from their recent form of late, seem destined to gain another three points at the expense of San Juan Jabloteh tomorrow when both teams square off at the Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin from 3.30 pm.

The other game on this weekend’s agenda will feature fourth-placed Caledonia AIA (17 points) against cellar-placed St Ann’s Rangers (three points) at the Hasely Crawford Stadium today from 6 pm.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2014, 08:34:46 PM »
Today's Pro League results

Caledonia AIA   3       vs   St. Ann’s Rangers   0   
Ralph Lundy (9’), (33’), Denron Fredrick (19’)

Central FC    1  vs                 North East Stars   1   
Marvin Oliver (90+2 penalty)     Keithy Simpson (44’)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:36:50 PM by soccerrama »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2014, 03:06:13 AM »

Looks like my scepticism about Lundy is already looking poorly-placed! Another draw for Central tho and right at the death. Is the feeling 2 points lost or one point saved at Central right now?

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2014, 03:16:00 AM »
I went to the game last night, Central didn't look to bad, but from having a potent midfield, probably one of the best in the country you would expect more than just draws, even though they fail to convert many chances. They would have lost, they lucky they got a penalty.

I predict they will not win the league or even place second. I hope I am wrong, Terry Fenwick is not technically a good coach. But next season if they have the same team they would be a force. So too is Jabloteh and a young Rangers.

I saw Angus Eve got kicked out, I was leaving already so I did not see what exactly happended, I think he was protesting the penalty?

Peltier I think scored for Central, but the ball looked like it went in, but the ref says no, the goalie got a touch on it to, but with no goal-line technology I doubt they could protest that.

Marcano and Central was disappointed to watch especially in the first game, that final 3rd they just not connecting.

Caesar was good to watch.

Winchester came on as a sub and was the reason they got a penalty.

I think North East Stars got some bad calls?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:26:22 AM by Insider »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2014, 03:21:19 AM »
I went to the game last night, Central didn't look to bad, but from having a potent midfield, probably one of the best in the country you would expect more than just draws, even though they fail to convert many chances. They would have lost, they lucky they got a penalty.

I predict they will not win the league or even place second. I hope I am wrong, Terry Fenwick is not technically a good coach. But next season if they have the same team they would be a force. So too is Jabloteh and a young Rangers.

I saw Angus Eve got kicked out, I was leaving already so I did not see what exactly happended, I think he was protesting the penalty?

Peltier I think scored for Central, but the ball looked like it went in, but the ref says no, the goalie got a touch on it to, but with no goal-line technology I doubt they could protest that.

Marcano and Central was disappointed to watch especially in the first game, that final 3rd they just not connecting.

Sounds like a damn interesting game - anyone stand out in particular apart from Caesar? I suspected that Central would rest some players for the Connection game in a couple days - possibly that had an impact?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:33:13 AM by Flex »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »
I thought I red somewhere on the forum that FS said that Darryl Trim was released? but I am sure I so him came on for Central yesterday?

Angus Eve really learn well under Fenwick, they play a fighting untidy game with no tecnical flow, just hard kicking and knocking.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2014, 05:39:06 AM »
I thought I red somewhere on the forum that FS said that Darryl Trim was released? but I am sure I so him came on for Central yesterday?

Angus Eve really learn well under Fenwick, they play a fighting untidy game with no tecnical flow, just hard kicking and knocking.

That was Keion Trim!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2014, 05:40:29 AM »

Sounds like a damn interesting game - anyone stand out in particular apart from Caesar? I suspected that Central would rest some players for the Connection game in a couple days - possibly that had an impact?

No players were rested. Guerra was banned. de silva still not quite match fit.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2014, 05:46:19 AM »
I went to the game last night, Central didn't look to bad, but from having a potent midfield, probably one of the best in the country you would expect more than just draws, even though they fail to convert many chances. They would have lost, they lucky they got a penalty. I agree, however, it's a little bit of justice after we dominated Jabloteh and they won a 90th min penalty to equalise! And then Point were awarded a dubious penalty against us

I predict they will not win the league or even place second. I hope I am wrong, Terry Fenwick is not technically a good coach. But next season if they have the same team they would be a force. So too is Jabloteh and a young Rangers. I think Connection won the League in January! Second spot is what we're after!

I saw Angus Eve got kicked out, I was leaving already so I did not see what exactly happended, I think he was protesting the penalty? And again after the final whistle!

Peltier I think scored for Central, but the ball looked like it went in, but the ref says no, the goalie got a touch on it to, but with no goal-line technology I doubt they could protest that. I think it crossed the line, but Cleon John made a superb "save"

Marcano and Central was disappointed to watch especially in the first game, that final 3rd they just not connecting. Marcano had huge amounts of possession, but his deliveries were consistently poor.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:53:32 AM by Football supporter »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2014, 05:50:19 AM »

Looks like my scepticism about Lundy is already looking poorly-placed! Another draw for Central tho and right at the death. Is the feeling 2 points lost or one point saved at Central right now?

I'm not convinced about Lundy yet. Rangers give loads of room in front of the back four and Lundy scored two goals from outside of the box. The first was a poorly hit shot that bounced through. Fredericks goal was freaky. Lundy's second goal was better. They seem to be playing him in the number 10 role (which is probably why he wears number 10 lol) but I didn't see anything outstanding from him last night.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:20 AM »
Thanks for all the info. Surprised you didn't rest players though - is that the norm, are they fit enough to play games close enough together, or was that a tactical decision to pursue these 3 points with a full squad and less emphasis on the W Connection game?

*reporter hat* :)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2014, 06:05:05 AM »
We carried our first live match pod cast last night. Use the link below to check it out. Still needs some polishing, but it means you guys from overseas can monitor Central F.C. games.

http://centralfctt.com/centrallive/index.php

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
Thanks for all the info. Surprised you didn't rest players though - is that the norm, are they fit enough to play games close enough together, or was that a tactical decision to pursue these 3 points with a full squad and less emphasis on the W Connection game?

*reporter hat* :)

Terry doesn't rest players! Even when we played St Mary's in the F.A. Trophy on weds, he played his full strength team and then played them again on Saturday!

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2014, 08:26:39 AM »
Central starting lineup vs NE Stars

Williams
Benjamin
Marshall
John
Delice
Paul
Marcano
Oliver (c)
Jack
Plaza
Quintero

The wingbacks of Delice and Jack were much deeper than the formation suggests. 

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2014, 11:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the formation set-up! What did they field?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:36 PM »
It was more of a 532 and then at the half Benjamin came out for Peltier and it switched to more of a 442 with Plaza slightly deeper. All in all didn't matter because the performance was flat and disappointing

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »
It was more of a 532 and then at the half Benjamin came out for Peltier and it switched to more of a 442 with Plaza slightly deeper. All in all didn't matter because the performance was flat and disappointing

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
Hard luck there. A defensive variation of a 451 with Cummings and Hinkson wide and Caesar up top.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »
A Marcus Joseph double gave Point Fortin Civic FC a 2-0 victory over San Juan Jabloteh at Mahaica Oval today.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »
Hard luck there. A defensive variation of a 451 with Cummings and Hinkson wide and Caesar up top.

Sounds like what they employed against W Connection - a preferred formation from Angus Eve?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »

Williams
Benjamin
Marshall
John
Delice
Paul
Marcano
Oliver (c)
Jack
Plaza
Quintero

Also I thought Delice was more a forward and Jack on the left rather than right? Definitely not trying to nit-pick, trying to learn as much as possible :)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2014, 05:41:27 PM »

Williams
Benjamin
Marshall
John
Delice
Paul
Marcano
Oliver (c)
Jack
Plaza
Quintero

Also I thought Delice was more a forward and Jack on the left rather than right? Definitely not trying to nit-pick, trying to learn as much as possible :)

Delice is a more left sided forward player but Fenwick is trying to mould him into that left back position especially as its a position that Central lack depth in. Jack can play anywhere across the back line. He was played at RWB and RB recently because John and Marshall have developed a good understanding in the middle.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2014, 07:53:29 AM »

Williams
Benjamin
Marshall
John
Delice
Paul
Marcano
Oliver (c)
Jack
Plaza
Quintero

Delice is a more left sided forward player but Fenwick is trying to mould him into that left back position especially as its a position that Central lack depth in. Jack can play anywhere across the back line. He was played at RWB and RB recently because John and Marshall have developed a good understanding in the middle.

Thanks for the info :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
DirecTV W Connection FC Squad For Tonight's Game vs Central FC

Starting Line-Up

3 Gerard Williams (C)
4 Daneil Cyrus
7 Silvio Spann (VC)
10 Joevin Jones
13 Devaughn Elliot
14 Hashim Arcia
15 Mekeil Williams
16 Shahdon Winchester
18 Julani Archibald (GK)
39 Alvin Jones
65 Neil Benjamin Jr.

Substitutes
11 Tremain Shayn Paul
19 Leslie Joel Russell
22 Aquelius Sylvester (GK)
25 Christian Viveros
31 Jerrel Britto
32 Demitrie Apai
40 Jomal Williams

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »

North East Stars   0  vs  San Juan Jabloteh   0

Police FC  1   vs    St. Ann’s Rangers   0   
Jameel Perry (74’)

Central FC    2  vs   W Connection  2   
Willis Plaza (31’), Jason Marcano (74’)
----------------------------------------------------------
Joevin Jones (87’penalty), Demitrie Apai (90+3)

1]; } ?>