June 08, 2024, 04:51:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (12-Jul-2015)  (Read 27959 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (12-Jul-2015)
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2015, 09:03:07 PM »
All we need is a draw and we win the group.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:35 PM »
they way mexico playing we mite win the group yes lol and dem mexicans take rel licks today alot of them will be carrying knocks

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:42 PM »
So what does this draw mean.  Where the statisticians?

El Tri will come harder for us on Wed, we will be atop the group with 6 and Mex will have 4.  But plenty time left in this one....

Edit: done deal, wed will be a good test for our boys

So Gaut gonna beat Cuba and be on 4...   We on 6...  And Mex. may land on 7.   Only top 2 still?  It would be nice to win our Group. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
Damn right! Who thought we would've been in this position coming into the tournament?

P.S. Ah never root fuh Guatemala so much in my life  ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2015, 09:06:33 PM »
Two best 3rd placed teams advance.  I honestly don't think playing the 3rd placed team from groups A or B is better (easier) for us than playing the runner up from group B, that said, we should use the Mex game to continue to improve our game and yes, top the group if feasible
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2015, 09:09:36 PM »

El Tri will come harder for us on Wed, we will be atop the group with 6 and Mex will have 4.  But plenty time left in this one....

So Gaut gonna beat Cuba and be on 4...   We on 6...  And Mex. may land on 7.   Only top 2 still?  It would be nice to win our Group. 

We have to play Mexico with the mentality that we are playing for a win rather than playing for a draw.

I want to see as many shots as possible on target at the Mexican goal and good possession football and I will be happy regardless of the result.

Goals win matches. I don't think playing for a draw will suit our team at this point.

We need to come out with the mentality to score as many goals as possible in the first half and then hold on for the win in the 2nd half as that strategy has worked for us so far. Don't see why it shouldn't work against Mexico.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:13:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »

So Gaut gonna beat Cuba and be on 4...   We on 6...  And Mex. may land on 7.   Only top 2 still?  It would be nice to win our Group. 

ah goh reluctantly take some ah contro often misguided over confidence and say we takin mexico out on weds .........today mighta been an aberration for mexico but ah feelin it
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2015, 09:22:14 PM »

So Gaut gonna beat Cuba and be on 4...   We on 6...  And Mex. may land on 7.   Only top 2 still?  It would be nice to win our Group. 

ah goh reluctantly take some ah contro often misguided over confidence and say we takin mexico out on weds .........today mighta been an aberration for mexico but ah feelin it

Never misguided.. Just intelligence and intuition.. Same way over 9 years ago I said Hart should be the coach besides a Dutch or German..

Same way it was 2-0..

Mexico is not as great as many think they are...

Hart will go for the win, i think 1-0 TT.. If by the 85 minute we are tied.. We will draw the match... But I see a win in the cards...

God is great and it's about time TT play the football we were born to play..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:29:01 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2015, 10:34:59 PM »
@ Contro, we were discussing supplementing ... supporting KJ etc.  Not replacing him.

My bad... I thought you meant replacement.. I agree if Glenn has some speed still, definitely..

:banginghead:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »
@ Contro, we were discussing supplementing ... supporting KJ etc.  Not replacing him.

My bad... I thought you meant replacement.. I agree if Glenn has some speed still, definitely..

Seeker when last have you seen Glenn play?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2015, 10:41:35 PM »

Glen or Glenn?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »

Glen or Glenn?

Cornell

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
The last time TM posted one of his goals. But dahis not de point. Scroll up.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »

Never misguided.. Just intelligence and intuition.. Same way over 9 years ago I said Hart should be the coach besides a Dutch or German..

Same way it was 2-0..

Hart will go for the win, i think 1-0 TT.. If by the 85 minute we are tied.. We will draw the match... But I see a win in the cards...

Doh worry wid dem Contro . . . T&T doh appreciate (know) wah dey have. T&T have been so blessed in football talent for many years. We can beat any team (We know teams are better prepared, their players play at a higher level, etc) once we have the coaching staff and develop the program. We have such a rich football history. I wonder if the current players are aware of our past greats?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2015, 11:53:01 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-0 win over Cuba at the 2015 Cold Cup
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tf1xha7QO8M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tf1xha7QO8M</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2015, 12:37:23 AM »
104 degrees out there right now.  I doh mind if the slow 2nd half was becuz they were conserving energy.
That is damn hot.

Another positive performance, good job fellas.
Also congrats on the historic first Gold Cup win vs CFU opponents!
the game was played indoors mate. i think it was 20 degrees celsius according to the broadcaster.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2015, 12:51:52 AM »

if we won the groip most likely we would end up with either panama or honduras, because there's no way haiti beating honduras and there's no way USA allowing panama to top the group and the winner of group C plays the third place team of group A which will be panama or honduras.

if we place 2nd we may end up playing either canada or costa rica. more than likely jamaica will beat el salvador and canada will beat costa rica in toronto. i think we are better off being second in the group.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2015, 01:00:56 AM »

We have to play Mexico with the mentality that we are playing for a win rather than playing for a draw.

I want to see as many shots as possible on target at the Mexican goal and good possession football and I will be happy regardless of the result.

Goals win matches. I don't think playing for a draw will suit our team at this point.

We need to come out with the mentality to score as many goals as possible in the first half and then hold on for the win in the 2nd half as that strategy has worked for us so far. Don't see why it shouldn't work against Mexico.
if we approach this mexican team with that strategy they will embarrass us like they did cuba because they will be fielding their best 11 on wednesday. we must use this game as a way to absorb pressure and defend for the majority of the game and hit them on the counter attack. i guess is that hart will use a 80% young team to bleed them, this is why he allowed them to play panama at home because this is what he wanted all along, to give them the experience of playing a team of high caliber and this is a perfect opportunity.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2015, 01:07:10 AM »

Same way it was 2-0..

Doh worry wid dem Contro . . . T&T doh appreciate (know) wah dey have. T&T have been so blessed in football talent for many years. We can beat any team (We know teams are better prepared, their players play at a higher level, etc) once we have the coaching staff and develop the program. We have such a rich football history. I wonder if the current players are aware of our past greats?
i wonder if people would be saying this if the results were different. just thinking out loud. thank god for the results and hope that we improve. remember it's only cuba and guatemala we beat. like hart told the lads yesterday we aint do nothing yet. lets take it one day at a time folks and don't get carried away the results because that is when we get our feelings hurt and then resort to pounding the lads for our unrealistic expectations.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:49:17 AM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2015, 03:52:22 AM »
I not being unrealistic just recognizing that mex seems vulnerable, even though they rip Cuba d other day, I could see us pulling off one ah dem rare surprise wins, never mind d gun talk, I not expecting no rout , jus exploring d possibility of taking advantage of Mexico needing to win on Wednesday.

We surprised a full strength in 2001 if u remember, shit could happen.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2015, 05:00:07 AM »
Williams looked solid defensively at LB, I was impressed, not the fastest full back but good positioning and hardly ever beaten with the pass behind the back.

Well at least we have 3 "decent" left wing backs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2015, 05:34:06 AM »
Well, win or lose we are in the next round. That be said, which is the best XI. The team that played Guatemala or the team that played Cuba. Yesterday's played a more balanced game. They played attacking football both have. They were not as explosive in the first half against Guatemala. Seeing that we thru to the next round, I think Hart should give those have not played as yet. We have used almost all our players so far. I think Johnathan should start or come on as a sub. Our players have hardly had friendly games against good opposition. We not fighting for a place in the 2nd rounds. So why not give the "non starters" a game for experience.  And by the, all this thing about getting a more favorable team in the 2nd round is mute. Any team come next game, we should be ready. But let's deal with Mexico first.

This group of guys have to work hard and learn fast. We fighting for a place in the next Copa America, and we preparing for the next rounds of the WC. Good Luck Coach. Blessings to the players. I hope Jan is alright.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2015, 07:14:40 AM »

Same way it was 2-0..

i wonder if people would be saying this if the results were different. just thinking out loud. thank god for the results and hope that we improve. remember it's only cuba and guatemala we beat. like hart told the lads yesterday we aint do nothing yet. lets take it one day at a time folks and don't get carried away the results because that is when we get our feelings hurt and then resort to pounding the lads for our unrealistic expectations.

The problem with the mindset locally is that they are too negative.. Negative thinking leads you nowhere..

People need to start being a little bit more positive, not unrealistic but positive.. We have the talent and skill, it's just experience and the team playing more games together to get them to that standard..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2015, 07:58:22 AM »
104 degrees out there right now.  I doh mind if the slow 2nd half was becuz they were conserving energy.
That is damn hot.

Another positive performance, good job fellas.
Also congrats on the historic first Gold Cup win vs CFU opponents!
the game was played indoors mate. i think it was 20 degrees celsius according to the broadcaster.

No excuse for slowing down then, just bad habit.
That is a nice stadium boy, retractable pitch and roof.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2015, 08:35:43 AM »
Stadium reminds me of Ajax, but it probably has more seating capacity.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2015, 09:22:33 AM »
On the Spanish feed, ppl were tweeting in that Peltier handled the ball and they asked that the coverage team review the video. As it turns out ... luck seemed to favour the brave. Go easy on Lester. A bit of zeal and dramatics and we might have been looking at a disallowed goal.

So ... a few minutes later when the linesman invented a corner kick for them (because Jan was on the ground grinning rather than gehhin up and carrying on normel ... to remove any doubt) ah didn't mind the wrong call.

If yuh going to dodge a bullet, let it not come back to harm you. Allyuh forgetting Peltier was instrumental in positioning us to go ahead.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2015, 09:31:11 AM »
On the Spanish feed, ppl were tweeting in that Peltier handled the ball and they asked that the coverage team review the video. As it turns out ... luck seemed to favour the brave. Go easy on Lester. A bit of zeal and dramatics and we might have been looking at a disallowed goal.

So ... a few minutes later when the linesman invented a corner kick for them (because Jan was on the ground grinning rather than gehhin up and carrying on normel ... to remove any doubt) ah didn't mind the wrong call.

If yuh going to dodge a bullet, let it not come back to harm you. Allyuh forgetting Peltier was instrumental in positioning us to go ahead.

Good points.. But what about his first touch/trapping... It was atrocious

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2015, 12:46:06 PM »
Anyone know where I can get the full game video?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
This is our best available starting XI IMO

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Hyland
George
Cato
Guerra
Kenwyne Jones

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »
This is our best available starting XI IMO

Phillip
David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Cyrus
Joevin Jones
Hyland
George
Cato
Guerra
Kenwyne Jones

when are you gonna rest these players who just came off a 180 mins of grueling football? bateau, jovin jones, kevan george, kenwin jones, abu bakar and daniel cyrus. these poor guys need a break mate. we do have alternatives you know. cummings, david, marshall, plaza, dwane james, winchester and hyland.

1]; } ?>