May 21, 2024, 07:07:09 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 130542 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke City v Manchester United Thread (24-Oct-2010).
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
Technicall brilliance on the first goal  :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
KJ waiting all game for d flippin perfect ball.  I never see ah striker play like that ...mussless ah Trini striker...he aint take one shot at goal..d whole blasted game...

Tuh me he game plan iz to win ball in d air and hope for d best....nothing else..

I feel he better of coming on for 1 half....maybe then d team goe benefit more...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:00:28 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
what a contrast between chicarito and KJ. Imagine they may meet in the WC qualifiers. Mex. will have probably contain KJ. Can TT contain Javier?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
what a contrast between chicarito and KJ. Imagine they may meet in the WC qualifiers. Mex. will have probably contain KJ. Can TT contain Javier?

dat mexican have pace sah
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 11:45:18 AM »

dat mexican have pace sah

And football smarts and is instinctive something Jones lacks in abundance!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »
KJ was real frustrating to watch today! Walters played harder and showed more determination! If it was any other coarch, KJ would have been subbed!! Hope it gets better!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

truetrini

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »
Boy, I really doh like nutten about KJ play. He doh pressure the ball enough, he doh run hard enough in support, he doh challenge the keeper enough in air balls, in open play he doh challenge people with headers, he doh make himself available in the right positions to receive the ball.

As a manager, dais ah challenging player to work with boy.
\\

yuh is ah manager?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2010, 12:14:18 PM »
Boy, I really doh like nutten about KJ play. He doh pressure the ball enough, he doh run hard enough in support, he doh challenge the keeper enough in air balls, in open play he doh challenge people with headers, he doh make himself available in the right positions to receive the ball.

As a manager, dais ah challenging player to work with boy.

Yeah if you waiting for scrap headers or accurate pass to ur head you'll be in trouble.  U must be able to create.  Even if u doh go by ur man a couple yards left or right in the box could be a goal.  But u must be able the accelerate for that. He just leaving me confused.
That's the exact problem we had and will continue to have with KJ whenever he is called up to play for T&T!
This is the main reason KJ can't shine SJ's shoes!  ;)

If that's the scene then he has to come of the bench for us, if he in the colors at all.  Way to one dimensional IMHO
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:18:01 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »

Emphatically Yes!!!!   Assuming the right tactical plan in place.  He is a good young player BUT we've held way better players.  Not saying he may not score but it's not a bound to score situation.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
I distinctly remember reading an article that i cant put my hands on now...about 2 years ago...how Hernandez and almost everybody around him never thought he would amount to anything as a player. Yet somebody stuck with him and got him to work hard...and he improved.

Admittedly he younger than Jones...but....if he could do it..why not Jones? Yes de man may be lacking in some departments but the attributes he has....you cant teach. So why not?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2010, 12:27:47 PM »
Just last week Jones was silencing critics and it was level plaudits..

One bad game up against Ferdinand and Vidic and all this noise?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010, 12:36:43 PM »
you prove yuh worth against big teams, today he fail that test. Not a single intentional shot at goal? stueps.
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »
I distinctly remember reading an article that i cant put my hands on now...about 2 years ago...how Hernandez and almost everybody around him never thought he would amount to anything as a player. Yet somebody stuck with him and got him to work hard...and he improved.

Admittedly he younger than Jones...but....if he could do it..why not Jones? Yes de man may be lacking in some departments but the attributes he has....you cant teach. So why not?
Unfortunately because of KJ size and abilities, Teams with him prefer to have him as a particular Role player....If they want running around and leaving markers, they will play someone else, but some managers like the KJ,Heskey style, probably since they personally had some measure of success with it, and that role player...Yuh won't have a Chicarito, standing with their stopper, trying for head balls, and slowing down defences coming forward...it is a startegy, thats KJ role...If the TT coach want KJ to play another role, then he will organize his attacking plays & passes coming forward differently, and have a KJ play to different instructions....Maybe, just maybe, if the coach not changing the man, is cause he doing exactly as the coach request of him....or ppl think he should say, tohellwithhe, I go try to make runs as my warrior-nation want meh to, so I could show dem how I could play for TT and TTFF, big org, big team, Big Country, plenty ah de best players, and I wah be better than the master himself, SJ, even if ppl in the EPL wanted to pay me, who cyah fit in he shoes, more pounds...rah rah rah :D

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2010, 12:39:45 PM »

Frustration! After doing well last week people was looking for more.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »
Beating up on KJ has become a favorite pastime and truthfully much of it is the result of overreaction in my mind.  That said KJ is indeed very frustrating to watch/root for... it's Sunderland all over again.  For all the talk about comparisons to Drogba (many moons ago), I think his best model is really Adebayor, in terms of his best attributes, size, physicality and aerial dominance. 

Unlike Adebayor though, his one critical flaw is that he's unable to create anything for himself, and either lacks the confidence or ability to take up the ball and run at defenders.  That's something I've never really seen KJ do... how on earth do you function as a striker w/o that component being a part of your game? As a result, he has to be optimally positioned in order to score goals, hence the criticism about "waiting on the perfect pass".

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »

Actually, he was bad last week against Bolton, too. But yuh point still stands. A couple bad games after a steadily good start and de knives come out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »

Actually, he was bad last week against Bolton, too. But yuh point still stands. A couple bad games after a steadily good start and de knives come out.

Can folks not comment and say what they thought of KJ's performance without other folks feeling that the knives are out for him?
Once comments are based upon the facts then I don't see it as an attack but rather as honest feedback whick if KJ was to heed can only help him improve his game!
Don't be so over-sensitve guys, we all want to see KJ do it when it matters most!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »

Can folks not comment and say what they thought of KJ's performance without other folks feeling that the knives are out for him?
Once comments are based upon the facts then I don't see it as an attack but rather as honest feedback whick if KJ was to heed can only help him improve his game!
Don't be so over-sensitve guys, we all want to see KJ do it when it matters most!  ;)
I talked about his performance too, stating that he was also bad against Bolton.

Men going beyond specific perfomances, though.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »
sh*thound  :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:21 PM »
 :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Let the waggonism begin anew...

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN B4 KJ was Stoke who  :rotfl:

Well girl this is first time I check this thread cuz all this time I passing it, saying to mih self Stoke who??... ??? :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
you prove yuh worth against big teams, today he fail that test. Not a single intentional shot at goal? stueps.

Actually, Kenwyne has a very good scoring record against the big four.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
Weh allyuh know bout football?? what if the man playing to the coaches instructions? what is his part in the last two games was to free up his strike partner and absorb all the pressure?

allyuh does be talking bout KJ positional play, but he's one of the cleanest forwards in the game, how many times do you see KJ off side, and if yuh want to compare him to stern, and no disrespect to stern , but he's the off side king! like today, KJ held up the ball well to bring tuncay and godjonson in the play which resulted in a goal.

allyuh expect too much from KJ, is not like the man playing with spurs chelsea or man city, the team have very little quality!

walters on the other hand has no sense of positional play and he just runnin for nothing, he rarely brings KJ into the game or create some sort of scoring opportunity, but look how much space and opportunity KJ creates for him.

the man came up against the best defense in the prem and did ok for himself, and even though he didn't look dangerous today with reo and vidic hanging all over him, one of the few chances he got he played it well that resulted in a goal.

in order for KJ's full potential to be seen, he has to play with an arsenal or chelsea, but once again he's back on ah hoof and jump team, come on ppl, what more allyuh expect, he must look poor on ah poor team.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 06:11:15 PM »
he doh be offsides cause he eh running..lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2010, 06:15:27 PM »
Beating up on KJ has become a favorite pastime and truthfully much of it is the result of overreaction in my mind.  That said KJ is indeed very frustrating to watch/root for... it's Sunderland all over again.  For all the talk about comparisons to Drogba (many moons ago), I think his best model is really Adebayor, in terms of his best attributes, size, physicality and aerial dominance. 

Unlike Adebayor though, his one critical flaw is that he's unable to create anything for himself, and either lacks the confidence or ability to take up the ball and run at defenders.  That's something I've never really seen KJ do... how on earth do you function as a striker w/o that component being a part of your game? As a result, he has to be optimally positioned in order to score goals, hence the criticism about "waiting on the perfect pass".
ah guess you didn't watch the first game of the season on the play where he got injured? i've seen him do it @ sunlun a few times and stoke as well, forinstance when rob green saved his diagonal shot against westham, he also made ah run down the flank today and challenged west brown, but the defender got the best of him.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »
he doh be offsides cause he eh running..lol
What about, not runnin for nothing. fellas does only run up and down in vain BC they don't understand the game, when ah man run he must make it count.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
Weh allyuh know bout football?? what if the man playing to the coaches instructions? what is his part in the last two games was to free up his strike partner and absorb all the pressure?

allyuh does be talking bout KJ positional play, but he's one of the cleanest forwards in the game, how many times do you see KJ off side, and if yuh want to compare him to stern, and no disrespect to stern , but he's the off side king! like today, KJ held up the ball well to bring tuncay and godjonson in the play which resulted in a goal.

allyuh expect too much from KJ, is not like the man playing with spurs chelsea or man city, the team have very little quality!

walters on the other hand has no sense of positional play and he just runnin for nothing, he rarely brings KJ into the game or create some sort of scoring opportunity, but look how much space and opportunity KJ creates for him.

the man came up against the best defense in the prem and did ok for himself, and even though he didn't look dangerous today with reo and vidic hanging all over him, one of the few chances he got he played it well that resulted in a goal.

in order for KJ's full potential to be seen, he has to play with an arsenal or chelsea, but once again he's back on ah hoof and jump team, come on ppl, what more allyuh expect, he must look poor on ah poor team.

This is close to my sentiments..

I miss most of the first half, picked up the game in the second. Honestly people, how much ball in the second half he really get that he could have done better with? How much bad trap or poor touches he put down today? From what I can see, KJ's mandate on this team is 1. to win headers from the hoof kick coming from the keeper or them big defenders in the back, 2. win headers off them Delap long throws, 3. If he gets it to foot he have to hold up the play, knock off to the wingers or the support and then go to goal where the wingers or defenders will try to float one up for him to butt.

This side not playing no through ball or looking to slice open any defense with finesse. It have no opportunities for him to pick up no ball and run at no defence, this side is about hard graft. Whole day all the man trying to do is jump with Rio and Vidic and win header, and to make matters worse he was being double teamed so he wasnt winning much. Allyuh think Sir Alex didn't read them fellas the memo on KJ??

And by the way, I actually find he do shit on the goal. He pick up the ball in the middle facing up to the Man U central defenders and was supposed to give Gudjohnsen a one-bounce wide from early but end up dilly-dallying. Lucky for him the whole play didnt break down there and then.

truetrini

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »

I miss most of the first half, picked up the game in the second. Honestly people, how much ball in the second half he really get that he could have done better with? How much bad trap or poor touches he put down today? From what I can see, KJ's mandate on this team is 1. to win headers from the hoof kick coming from the keeper or them big defenders in the back, 2. win headers off them Delap long throws, 3. If he gets it to foot he have to hold up the play, knock off to the wingers or the support and then go to goal where the wingers or defenders will try to float one up for him to butt.

This side not playing no through ball or looking to slice open any defense with finesse. It have no opportunities for him to pick up no ball and run at no defence, this side is about hard graft. Whole day all the man trying to do is jump with Rio and Vidic and win header, and to make matters worse he was being double teamed so he wasnt winning much. Allyuh think Sir Alex didn't read them fellas the memo on KJ??

And by the way, I actually find he do shit on the goal. He pick up the ball in the middle facing up to the Man U central defenders and was supposed to give Gudjohnsen a one-bounce wide from early but end up dilly-dallying. Lucky for him the whole play didnt break down there and then.

Yuh know when he was at Sunderland that was the same game plan....win headers, dem was looking to play no finesse splitting on defense either......yet Bent score plenty goals just so, running at defense, positions play and astute running off the ball....hmmmmm

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »

tuncay or gudjohnson was nowhere near the play when he got the ball, he had tuh hold up the ball BC the defense was pressuring and guj was in ah hole. the play run right BC tuncay buss the net! best play of the game for me, real creative.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »

Yuh know when he was at Sunderland that was the same game plan....win headers, dem was looking to play no finesse splitting on defense either......yet Bent score plenty goals just so, running at defense, positions play and astute running off the ball....hmmmmm
Bent eh score ah goal in five games from open play, only penalties. as ah matter of fact, the last goal he scored from open play was against man city in the dying seconds of the game.

1]; } ?>