June 04, 2024, 12:43:56 AM

Author Topic: Dallas Cup Thread  (Read 30538 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: U16 Dallas Cup
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »
for real. who in the U16 squad ? is it more or less the ssame team that played in the cfu U15 tournament last year?

For the sake of continuity, I would hope that the core of that team has survived the inactivity, but yuh know how things does go back home.  Is always starting from scratch for every tournament.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 09:56:12 AM »
The players are, for the most part, the same group that played in the August tournament and they have been training on a weekly basis since last year. Their first game is against the defending US national champions, Chicago Magic. Significant changes in T&T football should be seen from this group as they are young enough to be molded by a good coach.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 10:11:48 AM »
ah hope this doesnt qualify as hijacking the thread but i think we need to spend some big money on our youths. we decide now that we look for a coach who has the right stuff and pay him what he is worth and keep grooming this current batch untill atleat they are 20 leaving room 4 any late developers of course, to be included. i still lament over the 2001 U17 team i saw so much talent tournament done story over...... like we only have tournament vision oui
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
How come we never have a squad list for the youth teams???.....then ppl wonder y trini football never supported all the time......we need to start getting the public familiar with the names of players in all our ntl teams.....football needs to be shoved down our throats if it really goin to go ne where here in trinidad.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 10:40:51 AM »
How come we never have a squad list for the youth teams???.....then ppl wonder y trini football never supported all the time......we need to start getting the public familiar with the names of players in all our ntl teams.....football needs to be shoved down our throats if it really goin to go ne where here in trinidad.

Fear not, through us we will make de difference.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 10:43:22 AM »
I would like to know meself. Fuentes needs some help because this is information that can be easily put out, but you need a staff. I may be able to get a list of the players though.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »
Score

Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team 0 vs 2 Chicago Magic
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 05:48:14 PM »
4:00 PM    Trinidad-Tobago Na'tl Team    0    vs    2    Chicago Magic    Pizza Hut Park Field #17

we didnt get dat much lix

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 06:32:51 PM »
We did not get much licks? This is a National Team playing against a club team, and you will say that we did not get much licks. First up that field they played on is not a  big field, so fitness should not play such a big part.  It's a good youth size field and we should have done good. The thing about these fields is that passing play a big part in a game on this field, combination and link up play is very important on playing on these field, because playing over the top would put you out of space really quick. I hope they actually do better in the other games.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »
hmmmmmm

dissapointing

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »
Freaking clueless!!!

What is the population of Chicago? Of Trinidad?
Chicago Magic is THE best club in Chicago/Illinois,
and they probably brought 3 to 5 guest/elite players
along for the ride.

2 nil to the Magic is a very respectable score.

The fact that we have a team in the D-Cup is a giant
step in the right direction, as this IS the best club
tournament in this part of the world, period!!!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »
Freaking clueless!!!

along for the ride.

So then according to you based on population we should not be at the WC?  Yes it's great that we are at the Dallas Cup, so does that mean we should settle for whatever? Chicago Magic could be the best team in Chicago/Illinois, but they are not the best Youth team in the States. When we go out for International Tournaments What's going to happen to us? This is when we have to put the pressure on players and coaches. Let them know that repping T&T require a lot and not just a free plane ride. When the U-21 lost to Haiti there were reports of players smiling and saying that "it eh no big ting." This is when we weed out that type of mentality.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »
We really should NOT be satisfied talking about the score respectable. No offense fellas but come on when will Trinis aim higher.

The US National U17 team drew 1-1 with our U21 team. I would bet the were not saying we didn't get licks from them hard back men.    I would bet they were disappointed to lose to T&T regardless of the age difference.

If I had money to bet I would bet that if it was the US team they would NEVER say that.

We don't have to come down hard on the youths BUT to be satisfied with losing is unacceptable. Some of us just too soft. Even Jamaicans would ah never say that.

Always aim higher. The good thing is that they are in a competition and they would get better.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 07:26:51 PM »
We did not get much licks? This is a National Team playing against a club team, and you will say that we did not get much licks. First up that field they played on is not a  big field, so fitness should not play such a big part.  It's a good youth size field and we should have done good. The thing about these fields is that passing play a big part in a game on this field, combination and link up play is very important on playing on these field, because playing over the top would put you out of space really quick. I hope they actually do better in the other games.

Fitness is of utmost importance, no matter what the size of the field..so that part of your analysis is a bit flawed. A very fit team can use a small field to kill you if they have good ball movement and/or good dribblers. At hte highest levels..a small field is not going to save uyou if you;re not fit. But that is besides the point.

You should not be surprised that a top youth club team has beaten out national team. Fir4st, remember that these are stiill youths and they are not done with their football development. Second, American teenagers on average will be physically bigger, stronger htan ours..That plays a big part at this age group (cannot say if that is hte case with this group). Most important...these club teams practice together 3 to 4 times a week and play a game every week against good opposition and they play all year with just a winter break. they will be fitter, more tactically prepared, have better technique, and have better chemistry than most national youth programs. Same thing at the top senior levels...the best club teams will beat the best national teams just because htey have more chemistry and play together more....Barcelona will beat the Spanish national team..Chelsea would beat England...etc.

This is a learning experience for our Under 17s. Historically, the Under 17 results have been tragic...look at the results on this. Hopefully this is all part of a long term plan. If the team disbands after this and only meets up when the next tournament rolls around...then we will not see much improvement..if any at all

Offline teddy bear

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2006, 08:06:15 PM »
Well said Filho, as I was about to make some of the same points you've just made. Just one I'm unsure about. Why would they be technically better. Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't all the players on this team belong to a pro team youth set up in T&T? If so won't they be working on technique on a regular basis with their clubs as well as the national team? Just a thought,agian I don't know set up with players and clubs etc.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2006, 08:12:55 PM »
Freaking clueless!!!

along for the ride.

So then according to you based on population we should not be at the WC?  Yes it's great that we are at the Dallas Cup, so does that mean we should settle for whatever? Chicago Magic could be the best team in Chicago/Illinois, but they are not the best Youth team in the States. When we go out for International Tournaments What's going to happen to us? This is when we have to put the pressure on players and coaches. Let them know that repping T&T require a lot and not just a free plane ride. When the U-21 lost to Haiti there were reports of players smiling and saying that "it eh no big ting." This is when we weed out that type of mentality.
I believe that they are the defending champs.
TnT Patriot

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
yes they are the defending champs....remember this is a learning experience for the youths..result is disappointing yes but good for them that they will be able to learn from it!
Back in Trini...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
Although I am not taking losing well, I am willing to accept htis loss if it is the beginning of a new era in training, coaching, exposure,and development of our youth with a view to making our senior team better.  NOw they must do better in the next game and if this serves as a benchmark, we should vow not to loose again.  NNOw go lil Warriors and make us proud by winning.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2006, 08:26:17 PM »
Well said Filho, as I was about to make some of the same points you've just made. Just one I'm unsure about. Why would they be technically better. Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't all the players on this team belong to a pro team youth set up in T&T? If so won't they be working on technique on a regular basis with their clubs as well as the national team? Just a thought,agian I don't know set up with players and clubs etc.

Good question. Maybe I am wrong on that point. I would be interested to ehar what others think. I am not entirely familiar with the youth set up in T&T, and I didn't see the game, so some of my points were hypothetical. US players play organized from the time they can even kick the ball and the system tends to focus more on technique and fitness and strength training than what I remember in T&T. At every level they have better technique than we do. Why? maybe that will change now that our youth players train with pro teams...at the same time, some of our boys still probably playing SSFL and training with their school team for parts of the year which I am sure is not the best quality of training

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2006, 08:40:41 PM »
allot of critics on this board, some with good points but not putting the the whole picture together . i was at the game and i personally would put the blame on the coaching staff. i been up here since 89 so not familiar with this bunch but they are descent, a couple skilled guys but nothing special. Lincoln Phillips got on their case after the game about heart but i disagree, that was not a problem. Texas is a very tough place to play football, humidity and wind plays a very big part, your tactical approach is most important. the team tried to play good football but never looked or did i hear the bench instruct them how to use or combat the conditions. they were smaller ,weaker and slower than their opponents . they were more skillfull but is that a surprise.now i must say i missed the first half when we had the wind and that is when you put sides away here because against the wind is like playing on the DE side of a hill and u tyring to go uphill. the score was 0-0 @ half time , chicargo scored early in the second half and after that they just sat back and played the counter attack game and may i add the chicargo team not good a little bit. to sum it up ,the kids looked like they taught a certain way to play and they tried to do that , but the coaching staff never stepped up their game . that was disappointing at this level it is all about coaching i know i deal with it everyday

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 08:41:57 PM »
thanks for de lil rundown man...
Back in Trini...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 09:20:32 PM »
ZURITRESS thank goodness you was there to give us a rundown else we woulda be just speculating and wasting time.

We should note these points for Lincoln.  It is a learning experience for the coaching staff too so give them feedback the same way the youths need feedback.

Lincoln might still have the memory of the U-21 effort (or lack of) on his mind hence the talk about heart.

Did you get chance to talk to anyone on the coaching staff?  Might be helpful to give him your 2 cents provided you can find the right timing and the right way to say it.  I know sometimes during these trips they take a day off and might have trinis visit the camp or vice versa.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 10:14:54 PM »
i know a couple of the assistant coaches Hudson Charles and Ross Russel didn't have the time to talk ,hopefully next game. i would like to hear how they plan on keeping this group together and their tactics because i don't much about the head  coach.I'm not questioning anyone's ability to coach ,this is just my opinion

Offline bryonji

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2006, 10:24:31 PM »
yes they are the defending champs....remember this is a learning experience for the youths..result is disappointing yes but good for them that they will be able to learn from it!

every game we play is a learning experience..........when would we actually step up and teach someone a lesson.................i fed up at every level of futbol all yuh hearing is "de boys did well even though they lost , but it was learning experience"
that is totally ridiculous

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »
Some supporters here, just plain jokey, yes...bout we is this, and we is that...and we have to beat team, otherwise we boys nuh good...or the coaching staff not good...something have to give....bout dem fed up takin liks...allyuh feel dem boys want to loose, or the coaches, or the adminstration...the whole point of going these tournaments is to experience, learn, and observe where yuh have to get....plenty licks does pass until yuh fall on the correct strategy to suit yuh opposition, and even then it still hit and miss for awhile...man should be celebrating the mere fact that we are a country, that in spite of our size, in spite of our problems, issues and handicaps , we can still afford, financially, and spritually to send a competitive team, that can only improve with each and every outing they make, so what if next game they get 14, as long as the lil fellas tryin, as long as the coaches trying, that is all one could ask of them...bout you fed up...why yuh doh pick up something and try to compete and see how good allyuh doing, cause allyuh cyar lose....shim...
we have plenty losses to get, we have to encourage the boys to inspite of that, go out and take ah next one....buh some man, talking bout, they should be vex, and serious and all kinda bullshit...is a f**king sport...they supposed to have fun, while competing to the best of their abilty...like man wha dem to hate deyself, or give up the GAME  for every lorse, while representing they country...geez ages man...
If somebody kid show some talent, and get call, he parents should refuse, just in case he may lorse.....some ppl jokey to bad yes...

an talk bout settling for mediocrity and all kinda bs....they have to start somewhere, and plenty ppl start by taking licks, no matter wheter yuh play for Brazil to Bahrain, but every game, every race, every contest, yuh play, is ah indicator that yuh strong enough to take the field, irregardless of the last result, yuh trying to get a better, or maintain a standard...so who don't know bout competing at a elite level, shut the F#@K up...
Keep trying youths, we will rejoice in your success, and share in your defeats...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 10:58:35 PM by maxg »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »
Some supporters here, just plain jokey, yes...bout we is this, and we is that...and we have to beat team, otherwise we boys nuh good...or the coaching staff not good...something have to give....bout dem fed up takin liks...allyuh feel dem boys want to loose, or the coaches, or the adminstration...the whole point of going these tournaments is to experience, learn, and observe where yuh have to get....plenty licks does pass until yuh fall on the correct strategy to suit yuh opposition, and even then it still hit and miss for awhile...man should be celebrating the mere fact that we are a country, that in spite of our size, in spite of our problems, issues and handicaps , we can still afford, financially, and spritually to send a competitive team, that can only improve with each and every outing they make, so what if next game they get 14, as long as the lil fellas tryin, as long as the coaches trying, that is all one could ask of them...bout you fed up...why yuh doh pick up something and try to compete and see how good allyuh doing, cause allyuh cyar lose....shim...
we have plenty losses to get, we have to encourage the boys to inspite of that, go out and take ah next one....buh some man, talking bout, they should be vex, and serious and all kinda bullshit...is a f**king sport...they supposed to have fun, while competing to the best of their abilty...like man wha dem to hate deyself, or give up the GAME  for every lorse, while representing they country...geez ages man...
If somebody kid show some talent, and get call, he parents should refuse, just in case he may lorse.....some ppl jokey to bad yes...

an talk bout settling for mediocrity and all kinda bs....they have to start somewhere, and plenty ppl start by taking licks, no matter wheter yuh play for Brazil to Bahrain, but every game, every race, every contest, yuh play, is ah indicator that yuh strong enough to take the field, irregardless of the last result, yuh trying to get a better, or maintain a standard...so who don't know bout competing at a elite level, shut the F#@K up...
Keep trying youths, we will rejoice in your success, and share in your defeats...

WELL SAID.  :applause:

REALLY WELL SAID.

I wish more of these fellahz would shut the f**k up with the constant puttin down as if doing so will help... some fellahz dont understand they are just being detractors...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:15:02 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »
exactly...we now starting to put systems in place...yet man want instant results...steuuuupse...let we get the systems working that we have been beggin for for years and the results will come once the systems are properly maintained and managed...
byronji well u cud expect yuh instant results..i see these as youths who go learn..which is good...i want to see them win jus as much as de nex person..but yuh hadda be realistic
Back in Trini...

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »
In the US, 'the system' starts when kids are 3!

I'm fairly certain if you check the Chi Magic's team, those
kids have been together since they were 8, and if not
all the kids, the majority of kids.

The recipe to success at any level is no big secret, it's having
A PLAN, sticking to A PLAN, and executing A PLAN.

The U.S. has 1 goal.
To be World champs in 2018 or before.
Is it possible?
They have a plan, and they are sticking to the plan,
executing the plan.

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 12:47:21 AM »
Forgot to mention, look at the U-14, bracket G.

Another national team.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2006, 01:04:40 AM »
Freaking clueless!!!

along for the ride.

The fact that thos is the best tournament and our first trip should tell yuh something. Based on our (lack of a) development program this is not a bad result.

You acting like we've been doing the  right things all along. You now wake up?

Good question. Maybe I am wrong on that point. I would be interested to ehar what others think.

I would say that they have been exposed to better coaching and have played more competitive matches against more varied and higher quality opposition than our boys. That makes a huge difference at any level but especially at that level.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>