May 29, 2024, 03:35:14 AM

Author Topic: ARSENAL FORWARD  (Read 914573 times)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ARSENAL FOREVER
« Reply #1950 on: September 29, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »
seeing as it is a euro game i bet he has rosicky starting but where do you fit him in? you need two battlers like diaby n song
will be surprised if he starts with rosicky cesc and song in the middle
but you are right rvp will have more room to play if he went wide and eduardo went middle having said that eduardo favours a side of the middle not nessesarily in the striker position

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
seeing as it is a euro game i bet he has rosicky starting but where do you fit him in? you need two battlers like diaby n song
will be surprised if he starts with rosicky cesc and song in the middle
but you are right rvp will have more room to play if he went wide and eduardo went middle having said that eduardo favours a side of the middle not nessesarily in the striker position

I think Eduardo likes to play central. He is a 'fox in the box' Inzaghi type player who gets in the right positions to finish without being too extravagant. Wenger likes his players out of position to 'develop' different aspects of his game, thats why you see Eduardo wide left or left of a front three. If Wenger played his players in their natural positions, Eduardo would be central with RVP right. Same with Bendtner.

Diaby is strong, but doesn't offer much defensively. And in the past few games I've seen him as a liability. On the other hand, he has one good game in 5, so tonight might be where he is due a good one.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 29, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
Mannone
Eboue Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
Cesc Song Diaby
Rosicky VanPersie Arshavin

Not bad. But I rather Rosicky in midfield instead of Diaby, and Eduardo starting.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 29, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »
Mannone
Eboue Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
Cesc Song Diaby
Rosicky VanPersie Arshavin
Not bad. But I rather Rosicky in midfield instead of Diaby, and Eduardo starting.
wtf why is eduardo on the bench??? please say rvp comes off for him? damnit eduardo needs more games, so does vela

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 29, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »
in the 20th minute we have 6 shots to olympiakos nil and with 78% possession

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 29, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
in the 20th minute we have 6 shots to olympiakos nil and with 78% possession

Arsenal is utterly dominating this game

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 29, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »
wtf??
14 to 2 shots and we cyar score?? 70% poessesion??? why eboue start?? lord help me

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 29, 2009, 10:04:54 PM »
22 shots to 6.
Arshavin goal was francoment offside though.

IMHO the goalie Nikopolidis is MOM in a losing effort.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 30, 2009, 08:18:25 AM »
i got MOM in university

as goalie, we lost 4-3, i must have stopped about 30 shots per half, also broke my finger in the first 5min of the game, played on as i thought it was sprained

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »

The Danish international is understood to have sustained cuts to his knee and pains in his shoulder after he was involved in an accident as he was driving his Aston Martin to training at the weekend.

With his striker unable to complete a full training session, Arsene Wenger confirmed Bendtner will not feature in Arsenal's Champions League clash against Olympiakos tonight.

More Here

This makes this even more funny.....

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 30, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
too funny
i don't think adebayor drives, he is driven because he see's himself as a king

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 30, 2009, 10:29:55 AM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 30, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »
where you getting these things bro?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 30, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:21 AM »
How the Frenchman revolutionised Arsenal on and off the pitchWenger is appointed as Arsenal boss

Club breaks with tradition to appoint first overseas manager in September 1996

Club goalscoring records tumble
 Ian Wright eclipses Cliff Bastin in 1997... then Thierry Henry beats them both

Wenger completes his first Double
 Frenchman brings instant success to Highbury with League and Cup in first full season

Double Double - Wenger does it again
 Chelsea are beaten in Cup Final before the title is sealed in style at Old Trafford

The 2004 Invincibles
 'We won the League at White Hart Lane'... Wenger's wonders rewrite history books

Farewell to Highbury
 Club says goodbye to spiritual home after 93 years at the famous old stadium

Club moves to Emirates Stadium
 A new chapter opens as Arsenal move to a new state-of-the-art stadium

Arsenal play in European Cup Final
 Late goals deny 10-man Gunners in Paris after Sol Campbell's first-half header

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: October 01, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has reserved special praise for Arsene Wenger after he became the club's longest serving manager.

On Thursday the French manager officially surpassed George Allison's 4,748-day record set 60 years ago after 13 years at the helm.

Henry insists Wenger has transformed Arsenal during his time at the club, changing them from a boring side into an attractive team to watch.

The striker thoroughly enjoyed his time with Arsenal and believes he could never imagine the club being without their French manager.

Tremendous
"Arsene has been tremendous for Arsenal football club," he told Sky Sports News. "He's done tremendously well.

"I'll never forget the club or him. He's been at Arsenal for 13 years. What a tremendous achievement. I don't see Arsenal without Arsene Wenger.

"I couldn't see Arsenal leaving Highbury, but it happened. I hope it will never happen for Arsene.

"He's the type of guy that you'd always associate with Arsenal, like Tony Adams, Ian Wright, Patrick Vieira and Bob Wilson.

"Arsenal was well known for being a boring team and he's changed that as soon as he arrived with the style of play and trophies we won.

"He didn't have to convince me too much to come to play for Arsenal because that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to play for Arsenal full stop.

"I won't lie, it also helped that he was there. The best advice he gave me was, 'try to stop blaming others and try to see what you can do to help others'."

Henry was brought to the Gunners by Wenger in 1999 and he scored 174 goals for the North Londoners before joining Barcelona two years ago.

He was already a France international before moving, however, he was playing out wide for Juventus - something Wenger quickly altered.

Henry insists Wenger's man-management skills are among his best traits and that he comes into his own when it comes to getting the best out of his players.

Winger to striker
"He knew me from Monaco's youth-team. He saw me playing as a centre forward. He couldn't understand why I was playing as a winger," he added.

"I was already in the France squad and doing my thing on the left, he said to me, 'I don't want you playing on the left, you're wasting your time and you have to play through the middle'.

"He's the type of guy that makes you realise that you can do anything you want. Whenever a player comes to play for Arsenal they suddenly become better. I don't know why or how?

"He will let you do what you have to do when he knows that it is the time to let you play and on another side when he has to talk with you and be honest he will always do it.

"The most important thing is it is a pleasure to play under him and to train with him because he wants his team to play football. He's a great human being on top of everything."

Henry is being tipped to return to Arsenal in the future but, while he concedes he would love to return to the club, he currently cannot envisage in what capacity.

"I'd maybe watch a game or something like that. I really don't know. I'm trying to finish what I started 15 years ago," he said.

"I've always said you go back to where you belong. I've never stopped saying that I love Arsenal and I'll one day go back there. How? I don't know, maybe a waterboy.

"I just love the club and one day I'll go back. I'm not thinking about it right now."

SKY

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: October 01, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »
So .... Theo Walcott is available, Nasri and Fabianski ready for training by the international break.
Eduardo aggravated a slight injury midweek and is out for the weekend. Should be fine after that.
Almunia is still suffering from his "chest infection"

Players coming back, hopefully we don't lose anyone during the internationals.
Now if only Cesc plays at his best and stop looking like one eye in Barcelona.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: October 02, 2009, 02:39:49 PM »
With Rosiky back and Arshavin also it would be nice to see Wenger experiment with Walcott upfront. Arsenal if they do that will scare teams on the counter. Wenger should try the same thing he did with Henry.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: October 02, 2009, 03:07:49 PM »
With Rosiky back and Arshavin also it would be nice to see Wenger experiment with Walcott upfront. Arsenal if they do that will scare teams on the counter. Wenger should try the same thing he did with Henry.

The querstion is....why he holdin back Wilshire for?

He fraid he buss out big on de stage and one a dem clubs come and buy he?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 04, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »
Great game so far.
Blackburn score inside 5 minutes
Vermaelen with a left footer from outside the box
Blackburn take the lead again via a deflection
Cesc to Van Persie - Goal
Cesc to Arshavin - Goal

Cesc with 3 shots saved so far, and hit the crossbar. Arshavin and Rosicky swaping positions.
Half Time 3-2 to the Arsenal.

Henry looked pleased with that goal by the new CB
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:30:11 AM by MarylandTrini »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 04, 2009, 07:44:24 AM »
That was a penalty.
Arsenal get away there.
In truth, Dunn should have passed it to the wide open man on the left.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »
Fabregas : 1 g0al, 3 assists, AND I DON'T HAVE HIM IN MY FF SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   #@&#@&*!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:21 AM »
Blackburn:
Up 2-1 in the first half. Lose 6-2
Hard luck dey.
It should have been 3-3 at the start of the 2nd. Clear penalty denied. But that is how it does go vs the big 4 (6).

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 04, 2009, 08:33:46 AM »
Good for Theo to come on a get a goal too, and great goal from the so called "shithong" Bendtner

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 04, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »
6 different scorers today,impressive.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 15, 2009, 10:21:31 AM »
ok been out for a while

bring on the Birmingham at home followed by champs league away

with theo back, samir close to coming back we have a glut of attacking mid feilders, but no one to replace song except for denilson when song goes to ACON in January, which as we know is a key point in the league and upcoming champs league run in

also stan kroenke is 1% away from acquiring the necessary % of shares to make a formal take over bid, also red and white holdings (russian dude and former vice pres david dien) are 4% from same % needed

i say the future is very bright, would be sweetened by the acquisition of a trophy or two or three

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 17, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »
whoop whoop
3 points and a game in hand, roll on the Gooners

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: October 19, 2009, 05:41:17 AM »
Wenger - Fans' Taylor chant was 'atrocious'

Birmingham fans who chanted Martin Taylor's name during Saturday's game have been branded as "stupid" by Arsčne Wenger.

Seven minutes were on the clock at Emirates Stadium when Liam Ridgewell felled Theo Walcott with a full-blooded challenge which won the ball but took the man as well. As Walcott writhed in agony on the turf, visiting supporters sang 'One Martin Taylor...' in reference to the Birmingham defender whose tackle shattered Eduardo's leg and ankle in February 2008.

The Birmingham fans seemed to take pleasure in watching another Arsenal man suffering at the hands of a Blues defender and Wenger condemned their chants when he spoke to reporters after the match.

"That was frankly atrocious," he said. "They [the Birmingham fans] will not be remembered for the quality of their taste with that kind of remark.

“I didn’t say a word [when I heard the chant], I just thought 'that’s low'.

“Eduardo was here for the game. I  don’t know how he felt about the chants. I just put that in the ranks of stupidity, you want to forget about it and not talk too much about it because there’s not a lot to say.

“With people like that, one starts to say something stupid, everybody follows, even intelligent people. People lose their identity together, and their sense of responsibility."

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: October 19, 2009, 06:09:11 AM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: October 19, 2009, 07:01:34 AM »
Wenger - Fans' Taylor chant was 'atrocious'

Birmingham fans who chanted Martin Taylor's name during Saturday's game have been branded as "stupid" by Arsčne Wenger.

Seven minutes were on the clock at Emirates Stadium when Liam Ridgewell felled Theo Walcott with a full-blooded challenge which won the ball but took the man as well. As Walcott writhed in agony on the turf, visiting supporters sang 'One Martin Taylor...' in reference to the Birmingham defender whose tackle shattered Eduardo's leg and ankle in February 2008.

The Birmingham fans seemed to take pleasure in watching another Arsenal man suffering at the hands of a Blues defender and Wenger condemned their chants when he spoke to reporters after the match.

"That was frankly atrocious," he said. "They [the Birmingham fans] will not be remembered for the quality of their taste with that kind of remark.

“I didn’t say a word [when I heard the chant], I just thought 'that’s low'.

“Eduardo was here for the game. I  don’t know how he felt about the chants. I just put that in the ranks of stupidity, you want to forget about it and not talk too much about it because there’s not a lot to say.

“With people like that, one starts to say something stupid, everybody follows, even intelligent people. People lose their identity together, and their sense of responsibility."

is still want to know the chants arsenal fans threw at adebayor and isn't it funny the fans had nothing but respect for kolo?

respect is earnt, you also gotta show respect to get it and ade showed none

as for birmingham fans, what you expect from a midlands team with tons of low class whites as supporters? stems from lack of education and misplaced self importance above others

1]; } ?>