May 28, 2024, 12:15:21 PM

Author Topic: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup  (Read 85003 times)

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unofficial thread for the CFU Youth Cup
« Reply #600 on: August 28, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »
You are probably right since Jamaica gave you the win. From what I saw Trinidad had soft teams to play at the begging of the tournament then suddenly in the knockout round Jack change the format so you would not get knocked out :challenge: :challenge: by Canada.

Well.....we got knocked out by Haiiti...a strong team.  Canada didn't bring their top side to this tournament.  Matter of fact....the coach said he was bringing other players so that they could get some exposure at this level.  We played Jamaica.....a soft side and buss dey ass.  That really does us no good.  Beating Jamaica for T&T is like sayin rain wet.  Sun hot.  You know.....obvious ting.

For us to continue to improve and compete well at the international level...we have to stop playing lollipop sides like Jamaica and play the likes of Haiti, Mexico, and a full strength Canadian team more often. 
So if Canada came with a soft team why didn't you tell Jack to leave the format as it was?

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 28, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »
The ultimate prize will be a spot at the U-17 World Cup next year. Unfortunately Trinidad won't be in the same group as Jamaica. :( :(  

Allyuh is masochist or wha?  Is licks allyuh like licks so?  Say thanks to Uncle Jack dat he eh give T&T de easy passage by placin dem in allyuh group nah.  8)
According to the geograhy setup. The only way we meet is if you finish third in your group, which as I see it you will have Panama as host along with Mexico and probably Costa Rica/Haiti. While Jamaica will probably host USA, Canada and/or Costa Rica/Haiti.
Let's see what Jack does for you again. After all, you also got the Fair Play award ::) ::)   

Well....seein dat allyuh go finish LAST in allyuh group....we eh go have to study meetin Jamaica.  Too bad as it would have been a nex cutass fuh allyuh....but at this level....we have nothing to gain by playing soft teams. 
You are probably right since Jamaica gave you the win. From what I saw Trinidad had soft teams to play at the begging of the tournament then suddenly in the knockout round Jack change the format so you would not get knocked out :challenge: :challenge: by Canada.

Under the old format, we had Surinam (that we beat 4-0) in the QF. We would not have met Canada before the final
So if not Canada, then who Mexico or Haiti. As I see it. The result would have been the same. :challenge: :challenge: for Trinidad.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 28, 2006, 12:42:39 PM »
So if not Canada, then who Mexico or Haiti. As I see it. The result would have been the same. :challenge: :challenge: for Trinidad.

That logic need to go back in de bag whey yuh come from

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 28, 2006, 12:51:46 PM »

More like dis....

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 28, 2006, 01:07:04 PM »
The ultimate prize will be a spot at the U-17 World Cup next year. Unfortunately Trinidad won't be in the same group as Jamaica. :( :(  

Allyuh is masochist or wha?  Is licks allyuh like licks so?  Say thanks to Uncle Jack dat he eh give T&T de easy passage by placin dem in allyuh group nah.  8)
According to the geograhy setup. The only way we meet is if you finish third in your group, which as I see it you will have Panama as host along with Mexico and probably Costa Rica/Haiti. While Jamaica will probably host USA, Canada and/or Costa Rica/Haiti.
Let's see what Jack does for you again. After all, you also got the Fair Play award ::) ::)   

Well....seein dat allyuh go finish LAST in allyuh group....we eh go have to study meetin Jamaica.  Too bad as it would have been a nex cutass fuh allyuh....but at this level....we have nothing to gain by playing soft teams. 

Under the old format, we had Surinam (that we beat 4-0) in the QF. We would not have met Canada before the final

36 posts? not bad for someone who signed up three days ago... Btw, you still haven't told me what i was thinking.

Anyway, for those who actually want some intelligent discussion on this thread, the central american qualifying has been finalised. All of the central american teams (with the EXCEPTION of next rounds other hosts, Honduras) will meet in a 5 team round robin group in mid october

In other words El Salvador and Panama will have gained valuable warm ups to go up against costa rica, guatemala (who were guests for the cfu tourney before pulling out and nicaragua)

Seeing that Jamaica and Honduras are hosts for the next round, that the US and Canada will probably have byes, i expect the top two teams - Costa Rica and one of Guat/Pan to join us Haiti and the others in the next round. I think Mexico go through as defending champions?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 28, 2006, 01:09:34 PM »

Aahhhhh! Now I see. Your favourite food from Mexico.

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 28, 2006, 01:14:03 PM »

More like dis....

I hope that's not what you put the dog bones in after you have eaten him. ;D ;D. Being scented it must be 100% foolproof.

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 28, 2006, 01:21:19 PM »

36 posts? not bad for someone who signed up three days ago... Btw, you still haven't told me what i was thinking.

Anyway, for those who actually want some intelligent discussion on this thread, the central american qualifying has been finalised. All of the central american teams (with the EXCEPTION of next rounds other hosts, Honduras) will meet in a 5 team round robin group in mid october

In other words El Salvador and Panama will have gained valuable warm ups to go up against costa rica, guatemala (who were guests for the cfu tourney before pulling out and nicaragua)

Seeing that Jamaica and Honduras are hosts for the next round, that the US and Canada will probably have byes, i expect the top two teams - Costa Rica and one of Guat/Pan to join us Haiti and the others in the next round. I think Mexico go through as defending champions?
Your thoughts. You answer.
And how many of those teams will Trinidad beat to reach the U-17 World Cup?

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 28, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »
Yow corn stop worry bout dem fool ya nuh. It would make more sense if u trying to compare us with Haiti which is a very strong team. They get a lucky shot and win 3RD PLACE jus chill and congratulate them. It is the closest they can come to Championship victory. Last year we deal with them case when the match was important. Jus cool man, mek dem revel inna them victory. Even though a just 3RD PLACE. If it was a final match the boyz would've played more committed but di man them jus sorry for Trinidad cause Jack Warner plan backfire so we jus give them a bly so they don't end up empty handed. I mean as the host, they had to at least win summ'n.
Smoke and Fly

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 28, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »

Well.....we got knocked out by Haiiti...a strong team.  Canada didn't bring their top side to this tournament.  Matter of fact....the coach said he was bringing other players so that they could get some exposure at this level.  We played Jamaica.....a soft side and buss dey ass.  That really does us no good.  Beating Jamaica for T&T is like sayin rain wet.  Sun hot.  You know.....obvious ting.

For us to continue to improve and compete well at the international level...we have to stop playing lollipop sides like Jamaica and play the likes of Haiti, Mexico, and a full strength Canadian team more often. 
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh beat him like a snake dey Palos
TnT Patriot

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 28, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »
Yow corn stop worry bout dem fool ya nuh. It would make more sense if u trying to compare us with Haiti which is a very strong team. They get a lucky shot and win 3RD PLACE jus chill and congratulate them. It is the closest they can come to Championship victory. Last year we deal with them case when the match was important. Jus cool man, mek dem revel inna them victory. Even though a just 3RD PLACE. If it was a final match the boyz would've played more committed but di man them jus sorry for Trinidad cause Jack Warner plan backfire so we jus give them a bly so they don't end up empty handed. I mean as the host, they had to at least win summ'n.
You're right. In the back of their minds they know they won't qualify for the U-17 World Cup next year. Not even when Jack worked his magic.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 28, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
Corn curls and kittenpaw...allyuh fellahs eh up to de level of reggaefan when it come to negativity
man here used to a certain high level of hatin..reggaefan set de standards it have to be done in a serruptitious kinda way...de two allyuh just givin each odder reach arounds with poor logic...amateur night

Try and remember 2nd and 3rd place is better than NO place

Yuh cyah save face with no place....allyuh is waste..so try and bow out wit grace and stop wastin de people cyber space
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 28, 2006, 02:17:04 PM »
Corn curls and kittenpaw...allyuh fellahs eh up to de level of reggaefan when it come to negativity
man here used to a certain high level of hatin..reggaefan set de standards it have to be done in a serruptitious kinda way...de two allyuh just givin each odder reach arounds with poor logic...amateur night

Yuh cyah save face with no place....allyuh is waste..so try and bow out wit grace and stop wastin de people cyber space
So all the negativity is from us and not your peeps. Hhmmm! Why am I not surprise.
And as of now I am signing off as corncom1. My new username is officially JAMAICA2099.
Goodbye and good luck.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 02:40:08 PM by corncom1 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 28, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »

So all the negativity is from us and not your peeps. Hhmmm! Why am I not surprise.
And as of now I am signing off as corncom1. My new username is officially JAMAICA2099.
Goodbye and good luck.

AHA!  REALITY SET EEN.

Jamaica 2099.  Maybe by den allyuh will graduate from lollipop side to marshmellow outfit.  Good luck on de journey.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 28, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »

right now you fartin' and shartin' on the keyboard......logoff my friend, just logoff.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

Goodbye and good luck.

AHA!  REALITY SET EEN.

Jamaica 2099.  Maybe by den allyuh will graduate from lollipop side to marshmellow outfit.  Good luck on de journey.

lol wow. A world cup appearance can really swell head. Remember who set the trend alright. What u doin now we been there and done that and we weren't even hypin up on Trinidad when we qualify. It's all good though u jus tryna downplay the fact that u were the 2ND english speakin carib country to reach WC. You'll always be number 2. I don't see u peeps qualifying for 2010 or any other WC in my lifetime. I mean who going to lead u? Yorke and Latapy? lol.
Smoke and Fly

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

Because its true. A number of us congratulated haiti when they beat us and even jamaica when they beat Canada. I haven't heard one congrats from the yardie pom pom boys in here unless it has been in a snide condescending way to devalue the victory.

No one here once suggested we were going to qualify for the U17 World Cup with our performance. Many have expressed dissappointment with it, some have even questioned the level of talent. That said, Jamaica isn't getting there with theirs either, be they at home or not...

But wait, i suppose as gracious hosts, it'll be that you just politely GAVE victories to all the other teams in your group ::)

PS: since you like beating around the bush so much I'll leave you to play your sordid games with cyatpaw.

My thoughts will remain mine since u obviously don't know jack about them. One more thing, stop following football and take up basketball. Supposedly because of the anti gravitational elevations and whatnot, it helps you grow taller .
Sarcasm might then stop going over your head so easily.

2099 :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 28, 2006, 03:11:19 PM »

Goodbye and good luck.

AHA!  REALITY SET EEN.

Corncom1 is my company's email address. JOSEPH2099 IS MINE PERSONALLY.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 28, 2006, 03:17:58 PM »

Because its true. A number of us congratulated haiti when they beat us and even jamaica when they beat Canada. I haven't heard one congrats from the yardie pom pom boys in here unless it has been in a snide condescending way to devalue the victory.

No one here once suggested we were going to qualify for the U17 World Cup with our performance. Many have expressed dissappointment with it, some have even questioned the level of talent. That said, Jamaica isn't getting there with theirs either, be they at home or not...

But wait, i suppose as gracious hosts, it'll be that you just politely GAVE victories to all the other teams in your group ::)

PS: since you like beating around the bush so much I'll leave you to play your sordid games with cyatpaw.

My thoughts will remain mine since u obviously don't know jack about them. One more thing, stop following football and take up basketball. Supposedly because of the anti gravitational elevations and whatnot, it helps you grow taller .

Many on this board want to believe that your U-16s will qualify for the World Cup, but their negative thoughts are probably overshadowing the positive.
 :) :)You have no idea what 2099 means do you?
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #619 on: August 28, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »

We got one from Lazie and thats it.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 28, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »

Many on this board want to believe that your U-16s will qualify for the World Cup, but their negative thoughts are probably overshadowing the positive.
 :) :)You have no idea what 2099 means do you?

That you have real long to wait till ur team come up!
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #621 on: August 28, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

Goodbye and good luck.

AHA!  REALITY SET EEN.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl: Allyuh Yardies really smokin 2 much weed yes....2099????  :rotfl:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

TrinInfinite

« Reply #622 on: August 28, 2006, 09:52:38 PM »

Goodbye and good luck.

AHA!  REALITY SET EEN.

Corncom1 is my company's email address. JOSEPH2099 IS MINE PERSONALLY.

right now allyuh like duppy on dis board oui, trinidad get rob in 74' when yardman was selling bloodclat crab inna de market, what de hell allyuh know about football, been dere and done nothing, we there long time, yuh 4get who is de caribbean champions or wha, howtimes allyuh win, 3 times to our 9 or 10 times, how many times you came close to qualifying or got robbed? haul yuh ass, allyuh fellahs is some fassy, cant step tuh bad man :devil: had tuh put it in yard language for allyuh illiterates tuh understand, schupss :flamethrower:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2006, 06:31:58 AM »
I hope all yuh men only catching kicks on them Jakans and not serious.

We should no longer be using them as any kinda measuring stick.
We came third in  CFU where a lot of the better Concacaf sides weren't present.
We not even the best in the Caribbean. Haiti now looms on our radar.

Iz just kix bredda. We're laughing at their (JA) sour grapes and hypocrisy. The fact is we beat them and they wouldn't even express sincere congratulations. Trini doh like nothing better than the piccong and its just a healthy dose yuh seeing now.

I saw everyone of the young Soca Warriors games and to be honest with you I am not satisfied. I see potential but it needs to be groomed. Physically we are in a class below Mexico, Haiti and Jamaica. Those fellas ought to be placed in a live in camp with physios, nutritionists and gym facilities to help their physical development. We don't have the talent of a Mexico or a Haiti right now but if we can match them physically we will be able to compete. I am very happy with the defence but like with anything else there is still room for improvement. We commit too many technical errors and I would like to see a more agressive approach to the play. Another screening phase would also be useful to stimulate competition. After faltering against Barbados the boys recovered well enough. Even though we lost to Haiti I am pleased with recovery.

But I do agree with you there is still much work to do.

The 2 Main things that ought to be implemented are :

1) Live- in camp with physical training facilities (the Centre already has that)

2) Bolster the side with new talent.

Agaian, Christmas came early for you guys this year. Christa,s comes but once a year!  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2006, 06:50:43 AM »

Iz just kix bredda. We're laughing at their (JA) sour grapes and hypocrisy. The fact is we beat them and they wouldn't even express sincere congratulations. Trini doh like nothing better than the piccong and its just a healthy dose yuh seeing now.

I saw everyone of the young Soca Warriors games and to be honest with you I am not satisfied. I see potential but it needs to be groomed. Physically we are in a class below Mexico, Haiti and Jamaica. Those fellas ought to be placed in a live in camp with physios, nutritionists and gym facilities to help their physical development. We don't have the talent of a Mexico or a Haiti right now but if we can match them physically we will be able to compete. I am very happy with the defence but like with anything else there is still room for improvement. We commit too many technical errors and I would like to see a more agressive approach to the play. Another screening phase would also be useful to stimulate competition. After faltering against Barbados the boys recovered well enough. Even though we lost to Haiti I am pleased with recovery.

1) Live- in camp with physical training facilities (the Centre already has that)

Agaian, Christmas came early for you guys this year. Christa,s comes but once a year!  ;D

Have you seen any of the games played ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2006, 06:59:12 AM »
RF yuh cyar done eh fell good about yuh victory ova canada why becuase they brough 11 new player and i have a feeling they would be in the same group with you all
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2006, 08:53:16 AM »
RF yuh cyar done eh fell good about yuh victory ova canada why becuase they brough 11 new player and i have a feeling they would be in the same group with you all

What you call 11 "new players" We talking about youth football here...not the senior team. how many players on Jamaica side played last year?  They get their ass waxed 3-0 by the better side. And guess what, if the young boyz were motivated to play T&T, you would have gotten your asses waxed too  ;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2006, 08:55:45 AM »

Did the T&T media houses make the games avialable outside of T&T? Unless I am in T&T, how do you expect me to see these games?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2006, 09:16:56 AM »

Did the T&T media houses make the games avialable outside of T&T? Unless I am in T&T, how do you expect me to see these games?
Talk about marketing. And they wonder why NO ONE is talking about Trinidad & Tobago after the World Cup. The friendlies with Mexico & Colombia were called off because  T&T could not get their overseas players from England and yet Reggae Fan they were on you about how we recycled Carl Brown who faced the same dilemma. But somehow he still manage to select a team to play Canada next week. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:   
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2006, 09:21:15 AM »

Talk about marketing. And they wonder why NO ONE is talking about Trinidad & Tobago after the World Cup. The friendlies with Mexico & Colombia were called off because  T&T could not get their overseas players from England and yet Reggae Fan they were on you about how we recycled Carl Brown who faced the same dilemma. But somehow he still manage to select a team to play Canada next week. Talk about irony. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
ote]
jjbrown

1]; } ?>