May 23, 2024, 11:45:30 AM

Poll

Which are you more likely to choose to help raise funds for FPATT?

collection box in bar/office
2 (5.3%)
go to bank to make deposit
3 (7.9%)
attend fundraising match/lime
12 (31.6%)
buy FPATT clothing
5 (13.2%)
donation by post
4 (10.5%)
donation by card via iternet
11 (28.9%)
Would not donate
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: July 30, 2007, 04:00:37 PM

Author Topic: FPATT Thread  (Read 133691 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fundraising for FPATT
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2007, 03:39:36 AM »
Mr K H, I dont envy your position as your task ahead is a formidable one indeed
these are the good old days that todays players are going to be talking about when it is time for them to retire and they will fondly look back on ALL the hard work that you and the rest of the organisers have done and say "Thank you".....mark my words. ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2007, 06:59:01 AM »
It's funny that after all the Senior Warriors have been through in the last year, people would still think that it will have to take a numerous amount of effort to convince the younger guys that they need independent, professional representation in securing proper contracts with future teams.

Why would players on the U.S national team, and player from various other countries realize the importance of such representation, but our lad does not have the capacity to fathom such relevance to them and their future.

Its just that the information put to those home based players is pro TTFF. Warner has a whole propaganda machine running. If you look back on this site, before FPATT, the situation over the blacklisted players wasn't really clear. Aside from Lasana, the press were giving out pro TTFF information. People on this site felt that the blacklisted players were greedy.

You has access to far more information than most of the players. They do not have a forum like this, and probably can't be bothered to come here and see whats really happening.

Also, they saw this as a chance for them to break into the national team. They think its an issue between the foreign based players and Warner. Its not their concern. Most of them don't know Stern, Dennis, Shaka, Brent and Kelvin.

To be honest, I think a lot of it is due to the mentality of people in T&T. Most people on this site are either living abroad, have lived abroad or are interested in whats happening abroad. Your horizons have widened.

The apathy that exists stems from an island mentality. Believe it or not, I come from an island in Kent. We were only seperated from the mainland by a mile, but even so, there is a different atitude. People from there were even nervous about coming to London for my wedding!

As so many people on this site have said, this should be led by the players. Most people on this site think a players union is essential. So why haven't players approached FPATT to join. We have got players signing up, but we have approached them. To my knowledge, not one player has contacted us.

So why doesn't a player at, say, WConnection get all his team mates together and contact us?

It still remains the same answer. We can either give up and let things continue as they are, or find another way. As Weary says maybe we should "burn" the players. It just means that football in T&T will continue to be run by people more interested in themselves than you guys.

I've pretty much decided that we shouldn't fund raise from the public. After over 500 views of his post, we've had 35 votes. People don't even care enough to vote "would no donate".

The same apathy exists here as with the players. We've had some interesting debates, which is always useful, but I am saddened that people would rather leave their change on a bar rather than put it in a collection box.

Without the enthusiasm of the players and supporters, whats the point?

FPATT... Keep strong and keep your eye on the prize,.... as I said before I and many other folks will contribute....again...Build It.. and they will come
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
FPATT, it is clear you have some supporters here. We know the significance of your efforts , so I urge you - please don't give up. West Coast is correct - folks will be singing your praises in the future. Trinbago is also correct - we know our people. Please establish your paypal account, and/or an address where I can direct my aquaintances to send contributions. Stay strong.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »
It's funny that after all the Senior Warriors have been through in the last year, people would still think that it will have to take a numerous amount of effort to convince the younger guys that they need independent, professional representation in securing proper contracts with future teams.

Why would players on the U.S national team, and player from various other countries realize the importance of such representation, but our lad does not have the capacity to fathom such relevance to them and their future.

Its just that the information put to those home based players is pro TTFF. Warner has a whole propaganda machine running. If you look back on this site, before FPATT, the situation over the blacklisted players wasn't really clear. Aside from Lasana, the press were giving out pro TTFF information. People on this site felt that the blacklisted players were greedy.

You has access to far more information than most of the players. They do not have a forum like this, and probably can't be bothered to come here and see whats really happening.

Also, they saw this as a chance for them to break into the national team. They think its an issue between the foreign based players and Warner. Its not their concern. Most of them don't know Stern, Dennis, Shaka, Brent and Kelvin.

To be honest, I think a lot of it is due to the mentality of people in T&T. Most people on this site are either living abroad, have lived abroad or are interested in whats happening abroad. Your horizons have widened.

The apathy that exists stems from an island mentality. Believe it or not, I come from an island in Kent. We were only seperated from the mainland by a mile, but even so, there is a different atitude. People from there were even nervous about coming to London for my wedding!

As so many people on this site have said, this should be led by the players. Most people on this site think a players union is essential. So why haven't players approached FPATT to join. We have got players signing up, but we have approached them. To my knowledge, not one player has contacted us.

So why doesn't a player at, say, WConnection get all his team mates together and contact us?

It still remains the same answer. We can either give up and let things continue as they are, or find another way. As Weary says maybe we should "burn" the players. It just means that football in T&T will continue to be run by people more interested in themselves than you guys.

I've pretty much decided that we shouldn't fund raise from the public. After over 500 views of his post, we've had 35 votes. People don't even care enough to vote "would no donate".

The same apathy exists here as with the players. We've had some interesting debates, which is always useful, but I am saddened that people would rather leave their change on a bar rather than put it in a collection box.

The apathy you're encountering is just another one of those challenges that in the end will make the journey that much more meaningful.  My suggestions would be as best as possible, educate the local players on what it is you're trying to do.  Contact the clubs (even though I doubt they'll be receptive to the idea) and organize one night after practice when you can go make a 30-minute presentation on the merits of unionization.  Key points to focus on would be salary-negotiation and benefits...including the eventual possibility of a pension for players after they leave the league.

Which brings me to another point...as a union you actually may need to negotiate separately with the Pro League and the TTFF, as there would be many Pro players who won't be governed by issues negotiated with the TTFF.  Already we have outlined the reverse...foreign-based players and their relationship to the issues governing the local professionals.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »

The apathy you're encountering is just another one of those challenges that in the end will make the journey that much more meaningful.  My suggestions would be as best as possible, educate the local players on what it is you're trying to do.  Contact the clubs (even though I doubt they'll be receptive to the idea) and organize one night after practice when you can go make a 30-minute presentation on the merits of unionization.  Key points to focus on would be salary-negotiation and benefits...including the eventual possibility of a pension for players after they leave the league.

Which brings me to another point...as a union you actually may need to negotiate separately with the Pro League and the TTFF, as there would be many Pro players who won't be governed by issues negotiated with the TTFF.  Already we have outlined the reverse...foreign-based players and their relationship to the issues governing the local professionals.

Bakes, it is clear that you are an educated individual, and very articulate if I may add, but didn't you know that FPATT (de poster) is with the FPA in England and is well aware of the steps and processes that are involved with starting such a union. Don't you think he knows that eventually they would have to negotiate with the pro league etc, but he must first have the support of the players in order to do so, and in the mean time they need $$$ to assist in corralling the players. It's not only about havings meeting with players, this man is based in England not T&T, and as you know we don't have too many folks in T&T that know how to run a players union. History has shown that you need $$$ to get most things off the ground. Bakes we are on the same side, call/email your pro baller friends back home and encourage them to facilitate this. You and I both know how important this is to our ballers, so let's educate them, I have sent several emails to some of my local pro baller friends introducing them to the concept, I suggest you do the same. Let's the ballers ask the questions. Respect

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2007, 12:44:07 PM »

Bakes, it is clear that you are an educated individual, and very articulate if I may add, but didn't you know that FPATT (de poster) is with the FPA in England and is well aware of the steps and processes that are involved with starting such a union.

I know nothing more of FPATT than he has shared on the board...

Don't you think he knows that eventually they would have to negotiate with the pro league etc, but he must first have the support of the players in order to do so, and in the mean time they need $$$ to assist in corralling the players.

I'm sure money is necessary as well...but how does this relate to anything that I posted  ???

It's not only about havings meeting with players, this man is based in England not T&T, and as you know we don't have too many folks in T&T that know how to run a players union.

I'm aware that he's in England...wasn't suggesting that he do all this himself.  Clearly for the union to take off there needs be a local/Trini presence...the wise assumption would be that establishing such a presence is at the fore of their (FPATT) minds.  Once said presence is established, MEETING with local pros is a necessity to any further progress.  No?

History has shown that you need $$$ to get most things off the ground. Bakes we are on the same side, call/email your pro baller friends back home and encourage them to facilitate this. You and I both know how important this is to our ballers, so let's educate them, I have sent several emails to some of my local pro baller friends introducing them to the concept, I suggest you do the same. Let's the ballers ask the questions. Respect

Well I don't have any connections back home mihself, but yeah...I agree that we need to start drumming up local support for this movement.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2007, 12:54:23 PM »

Bakes, I met with the ProLeague in May. Think this link will take you to Dexter Skeenes comments.

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=857&Itemid=2

I also spoke to the Tobago Utd squad. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to meet the other teams. We know that if myself, Shaka, Brent or Kelvin were in T&T we would have 100% membership, but until we have someone like that out there, its going to be difficult. But guys like yourself spreading the word helps.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2007, 02:33:15 PM »

Bakes, I met with the ProLeague in May. Think this link will take you to Dexter Skeenes comments.

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=857&Itemid=2

I also spoke to the Tobago Utd squad. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible to meet the other teams. We know that if myself, Shaka, Brent or Kelvin were in T&T we would have 100% membership, but until we have someone like that out there, its going to be difficult. But guys like yourself spreading the word helps.

Oh...good stuff FPATT, I wasn't even aware that you guys had already gone this route ..very good  :beermug:  I'm also cheered by the reception of the Pro League to the overtures made by FPATT, now if only their actions can back up their words... :beermug: :beermug:

I also understand first-hand the frustration you face in trying to coordinate something of this magnitude from distance, I've had to put some of my own plans for developing a community-based charity on hold for now while I try to build my own network down there.  I do have one fairly connected contact in the Eastern part of the island, and I will try and give him a call this weekend...Kelvin Jack's old secondary school coach as a matter of fact...we're both alumns of Holy Cross College, in Arima.  Assuming that I AM in fact able to speak to him, what sort of information would you like communicated to the professional players (and former players?).

If you have contact info to pass along you can either post here or you can PM me...I still have your email as well...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2007, 06:13:28 PM »
FPATT: Also let us know what type of contributions (aside from monetary which I will also be involved) that we can make from where we are now..give  of small and big examples so everyone can say "hey..I might be able to do this ..or so an so can team up to do that"..etc
Warrior For Life !!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2007, 06:43:33 AM »
FPATT: Also let us know what type of contributions (aside from monetary which I will also be involved) that we can make from where we are now..give  of small and big examples so everyone can say "hey..I might be able to do this ..or so an so can team up to do that"..etc

FPATT needs volunteers on many levels, but even just talking to people about FPATT would help.

There may be many businesses in T&T that would sponsor FPATT in return for having a local player in their advertising.

People can organise small limes to raise money. Hey-who needs an excuse to party? But heres a reason. Get some people together, hold a lime and put out a collection tin. So, you may only raise $20, but you will have a good time doing it!

Maybe some kids football teams could organise a sponsored walk or small goal tourney. Maybe we can get a player to attend and present a prize?

We also need a decent secretary who can become the focal point. Someone that can act as a conduit for information. Maybe someone has a business who can offer to allow their secretary to do some work for us, such as sending letters and emails.

Because we are spread around the world, communication is difficult and we really need someone to act as a hub.

Once we get some dollars, then we will need volunteers to help with the community projects, but that is all in the future.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2007, 02:30:42 PM »
Just a quick question to all on the site.......

Is there any reason that you guys would not put change in a box for FPATT? Surely you must have done this for other causes.

I appreciate the comments made here about players influencing their own destiny etc., but I just wondered if theres something I've missed.

Coca Cola ran a campaign here last season for Championship and league clubs. Every can or bottle you bought had a code that you text in (costing around $2TT per text). You could win £250,000 for your club and every text earned the club of your choice around $1TT. Now, it cost us to do it, but it raised money for your club.

http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10794~979121,00.html

In the meantime, pleas place a vote, even if its "would not donate"

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:37:11 PM by FPATT »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »
I would put change in a box...but where will they be? Is this the most effective collections method?
Warrior For Life !!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2007, 02:40:41 PM »
I would put change in a box...but where will they be? Is this the most effective collections method?

Its not the most effective, but if only 10 people out of 700 say they would donate via credit card, it may well be more effective!

Its easy, its ongoing, it requires no commitment and I'm sure people don't mind putting a few cents in a box in a bar.

If we can get boxes chep enough, they could be anywhere. Offices, post offices, shops. Anywhere people get change.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »
You cannot put change in a box in T&T, to many small bandits... most of the posters here is based in North America..... how will you have fetes in T&T when most cannot go.... or change in a box, I mean, not a bad idea, but you have to set it up real good..... steal jars maybe !!!! .... :rotfl:

The best way to make money is to have online options with credit cards or bank account numbers where one can wire any money he may want to...

To make FPATT successful you have to make the people what to help out, like have free fun day with the players and have bar b ques and small give-aways etc. Get them involved not let them feel its a one way traffic like the way the TTFF currently operates.... the fans make a team and now they treat us like dogs.... Stern John told de whole stadium after scoring on Guatemala in T&T to f00ck off and twice he did that, in England they would have kicked his ass.....

You can also try to get companies involved with their products like when you buy a beer 5 cents goes to FPATT. Sancho, Stern, Kelvin and Shaka should have enough influence to attract so events. But all players must help out and not leave Kelvin and Sancho to pick up the pieces alone.

Stern is a lazy character on the field, I wonder if he is always like this even off the field.... time for them men to get serious, it seems FPATT is fading.

We have a few wealthy players and I am sure they can also donate something to get things going. Stern, Shaka, Yorke, Scotland, Edwards and Latapy I am sure makes a decent amount. They could help just a little too...

Have players who will benefit from FPATT pay a monthly fee, just a little... like a co-payment.. nothing much, but a little something. And the cost will cover them in-case of anything.

Flex is a man with real ideas, vibes him... very organise fella....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:54:50 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
I endorse Sam's comments...

I am not against the boxes, but I am not sure that is the best way....maybe placing them in places like the banks or KFC outlets might be better served but I dont think this method will maximize contributions

Another thing is...I would be happy to get involved here in NYC to promote something in conjuction with others..but we have to get appearances..for eg..we throw a fete match and Stern appear, or Tallest, or even Cornell Glen...the support is there...yuh just have to use some carrots!
Warrior For Life !!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2007, 05:06:53 PM »
I endorse Sam's comments...

I am not against the boxes, but I am not sure that is the best way....maybe placing them in places like the banks or KFC outlets might be better served but I dont think this method will maximize contributions

Another thing is...I would be happy to get involved here in NYC to promote something in conjuction with others..but we have to get appearances..for eg..we throw a fete match and Stern appear, or Tallest, or even Cornell Glen...the support is there...yuh just have to use some carrots!

The thing is, rather than Stern pay £1,000 in flights and hotels to get there, he may as well just donate the money himself!

I agree that we need to use players to promote events. Im organising a couple of fundraisers in London and Brent, Kelvin and maybe even Coxy will support them. If some of you guys are based in Sunderland, Swansea or Dallas, the guys may come along to an event. But realistically, you can't expect these guys to travel too far. Sorry, but thats the reality.

I would love to have items to give out, but we need money to get the stuff made. Signed shirts are possible, however, we have to buy the shirt first.

I received 30 signed items from teams from all divisions in England. Unfortunately, the people who attended the event we really only interested in the Chelsea Shirt (£500), Man Utd football (£100) Arsenal pennant (£250). The other signed shirts ranging from Bolton to Burnley only fetched £40 each.

I will have difficulty getting more signed shirts, but I have contacts at several Championship, League 1 & League 2 clubs, so I will try to get some from there.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »
I have to say, I am disapointed in the number of votes cast. However, its been an interesting debate, and I've had several PMs offering donations, so it was worthwhile.
I have two fundraisers in London coming up before xmas and I hope those who said they would support a fundraiser will perhaps organise one themselves wherever they live.

Our website should be going live soon, and we hope to have a paypal account, so those who wish to donate will be able to.

Thanks for your participation and feedback.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2007, 08:40:09 PM »
Ah have to say FPATT...fuh all the gum bumpin  :yapping: that does go on here,  I am a bit sadened and embarrased by all those who post here on a dialy basis and did not take the time to vote when it counts.. it is real :bs:

Some of allyuh regular posters let we dong :-[
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2007, 09:13:50 PM »
Ah have to say FPATT...fuh all the gum bumpin  :yapping: that does go on here,  I am a bit sadened and embarrased by all those who post here on a dialy basis and did not take the time to vote when it counts.. it is real :bs:

Well for the record...I voted for the lime thing, but I won't mind bidding on some authentic football jerseys...i doh need big name club or player, just something nice to kick around town in.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:57 PM »

dais my sentiments exaclty when warriornation have things going on and de regulars who alway shave de best opnion and critisms doh say shit. All de big big supporters in here does cyah pull dye hand ah lil bit self when mankind ask for asistance.
!!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
A bunch of F***ing   WAGONISTS     IN HERE  !!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:40:12 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »

Maybe it really only have 38 unique visitors to this thread.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Liburd: FPATT: Deal with us, Jack
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »
FPATT: Deal with us, Jack.
By: Lasna Liburd (Express).

Players' body rejects Warner offer to meet some on blacklist.

The Football Players' Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) is ready for its first case-and it is a big one. Jack Warner, a FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special advisor, indicated on Saturday that he is willing to meet some of the nation's blacklisted players in an effort to address the 2006 World Cup bonus dispute, which is already set for the court room.
Warner told T&TFF press officer Shaun Fuentes-who, like Warner, also serves on FIFA and CONCACAF-that he would meet the players individually.
FPATT begged to differ. In a media release issued yesterday, the fledgling association ventured into the controversial issue as they claimed the right to represent the players en bloc with Warner.
"We feel it would be inappropriate for Mr Warner to discuss this situation with individual players," stated the FPATT release.
"However, as (the) TTFF have appointed Mr Warner to speak on their behalf, the players feel that they would be happy to appoint FPATT representatives to speak for them."
If Warner agrees, it might be a significant step towards solving a financial dispute that seemed bound for the local courts although both parties frequently reiterated their preference for an amicable resolution.
The rift hinged on a deal struck between the "Soca Warriors" and Warner, who acted on behalf of the T&TFF, regarding the disbursement of revenue generated from Trinidad and Tobago 's maiden World Cup appearance.
The players, as Warner admitted, were promised 50 per cent of all income but were left disappointed when the T&TFF offered just $141,102 to be split 25 ways-which equated to $5,644.08 per player.
The T&TFF claimed that the figure should take expenses into account but the players disagreed with all subtractions and were skeptical of the audited sheet offered by the local football body.
Sixteen Warriors turned to the local courts for justice last month after several requests for meetings through their attorney, Michael Townley, went unheeded by the T&TFF.
Warner accused the players of greed.
The FIFA bigwig insisted the T&TFF had done nothing wrong but still hinted that the Warriors might be paid extra. He suggested, though, that he was only interested in meeting players who were likely to represent their country in the future.
"The TTFF has given the players all their money," said Warner, via the T&TFF media office, "and some of the guys who are not able to play for T&T again, are just looking for another pay day I intend within the next month to meet with the guys who still have a playing future and explain to them the folly of their ways.
"I have allowed this situation to drag on for a while, so that the guys can see the wrong they do. Who knows, after I meet with them one-on-one, I may even pay them what they want but they must know the errors of their ways."
FPATT suggested they were happy Warner has shown an interest in discussing the matter but insisted that it would be "most convenient" for both parties to communicate through appointed representatives.
The players association, which is led by an interim steering committee headed by president Shaka Hislop and vice-president Clayton "JB" Morris, advised Warner that his proposed meeting with players in London was impractical since "none of the players are London based and will have footballing commitments".
FPATT also expressed an early desire to negotiate contracts for the upcoming 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.
"Both the players concerned and FPATT welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with TTFF," stated FPATT. "It has always been the aim of the players and FPATT, for the benefit of football both in T&T and globally, to settle this dispute without the need to attend court.
"FPATT looks forward to being contacted by (the) TTFF or their representative, Mr Warner, to arrange a meeting. FPATT would also like to extend an invitation to Mr Warner, while he is in London , to hold preliminary talks on behalf of (the) TTFF, regarding players' contracts for the forthcoming 2010 World Cup campaign."
FPATT was formed in January 2003 but remained inactive until its launch in May 2007.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 08:38:06 AM by Flex »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Liburd: FPATT: Deal with us, Jack
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »
FPATT (the forum member), or anyone, do you have the full press release?
Maybe if there is no other content for the fpatt.org site yet there could at least be a list of the press releases.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
This looks promising.  :beermug: but doh expect nothing amicable from Jack  :-X

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2007, 02:44:00 AM »
Maybe if there is no other content for the fpatt.org site yet there could at least be a list of the press releases.

After consultations with the Trinidad & Tobago international players involved in the current dispute with the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation concerning unpaid World Cup bonuses, FPATT, the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago would like to make the following comments on behalf of the players in response to Mr Jack Warners recent comments in the media.

Both the players concerned and FPATT welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with TTFF. It has always been the aim of the players and FPATT, for the benefit of football both in T&T and globally, to settle this dispute without the need to attend court.

We feel it would be inappropriate for Mr Warner to discuss this situation with individual players, however, as TTFF have appointed Mr Warner to speak on their behalf, the players feel that they would be happy to appoint FPATT representatives to speak for them. This will also be beneficial to Mr Warner, who has agreed to visit London between his appointments in Canada and Korea. As none of the players are London based and will have footballing commitments, the players feel that this option would be the most convenient for Mr Warner.

FPATT looks forward to being contacted by TTFF or their representative, Mr Warner, to arrange a meeting. FPATT would also like to extend an invitation to Mr Warner while he is in London to hold preliminary talks on behalf of TTFF, regarding players contracts for the forthcoming 2010 World Cup campaign.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2007, 03:08:04 AM »
Jackula want to divide and conquer....................facking old tief
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2007, 09:10:26 AM »

After consultations with the Trinidad & Tobago international players involved in the current dispute with the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation concerning unpaid World Cup bonuses, FPATT, the Football Players Association of Trinidad & Tobago would like to make the following comments on behalf of the players in response to Mr Jack Warners recent comments in the media.

Both the players concerned and FPATT welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with TTFF. It has always been the aim of the players and FPATT, for the benefit of football both in T&T and globally, to settle this dispute without the need to attend court.

We feel it would be inappropriate for Mr Warner to discuss this situation with individual players, however, as TTFF have appointed Mr Warner to speak on their behalf, the players feel that they would be happy to appoint FPATT representatives to speak for them. This will also be beneficial to Mr Warner, who has agreed to visit London between his appointments in Canada and Korea. As none of the players are London based and will have footballing commitments, the players feel that this option would be the most convenient for Mr Warner.

FPATT looks forward to being contacted by TTFF or their representative, Mr Warner, to arrange a meeting. FPATT would also like to extend an invitation to Mr Warner while he is in London to hold preliminary talks on behalf of TTFF, regarding players contracts for the forthcoming 2010 World Cup campaign.

WELL DONE FPATT!!!!!! BRAVO :applause: :applause: :applause:

If the 2010 negotiations do come off, make sure that professional communication and accomodations and other such intangibles, are contractual and are high on the agenda, and don't just make it a plain old money issue.

Ahright..we rising.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
Well, well......

Lets see what the next move Jack....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2007, 09:38:03 AM »
It's good that the 16 now have a solid representative to negotiate for them.
Come on people go to the negotiating table please and no ulterior motives....just solving the issue has to be #1

About negotiating the 2010 contracts....that would only come if you'll make progress on this current impasse.  JW will use it as leverage now that you'll mention it so be prepared.  FPATT would have to have signed on a fair amount of players expected to be on the 2010 WC pool to be able to legitimately represent.  Is this an indication that the local players are starting to come on board?

1]; } ?>