August 31, 2024, 11:41:24 PM

Author Topic: Watch this space!!  (Read 20339 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Watch this space!!
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2007, 03:01:29 PM »
It is a contract- even warner admitted it.....whether they private or otherwise they still have to abide by the rules and they still have recourse....

The government doesn't/can't enforce contracts.  As I said the only recourse is the courtroom...unless they reach a compromise thru mediation/arbitration which (from what I've seen) typically favors the defendantis and which is what TTFF pushing for.

Well if they arbitrate it should make no difference, I would still go for the 143 million

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2007, 03:04:44 PM »
It is a contract- even warner admitted it.....whether they private or otherwise they still have to abide by the rules and they still have recourse....

The government doesn't/can't enforce contracts.  As I said the only recourse is the courtroom...unless they reach a compromise thru mediation/arbitration which (from what I've seen) typically favors the defendantis and which is what TTFF pushing for.

Well if they arbitrate it should make no difference, I would still go for the 143 million

If I was them I'd resist arbitration...I don't trust arbitration especially where anything FIFA is concerned, the chance for corruption is too great.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »

The gov't can also take the TTFF to court for making a false declaration to a minister for the purpose of gaining funds. TTFF put deyself in real hot water with this one, let the chips fall where they may.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28:46 PM »
Like de Guardian avoiding this like the plague.  Tuesday edition online and I eh seeing anything since Express had their inside scoop.
At least Newsday had something after Express.

No surprise really but a lil something...two words even.  Maybe I miss it?

edit:

What boy...dey not easy. All kinda subliminals and diversions for the letters TTFF  :D

Kids rule at TTFF
Trinidad Guardian
Tuesday 18th September, 2007
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:34:38 PM by dcs »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
D Guardian editor is d author of Jack book. All yuh read dat Newsday article dat say we draw 1-1 against Sweden. Can somebody tell me who scored for us. Sports journalism in TNT is pathethic. No wonder JW could do what he does do
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2007, 12:29:30 AM »
The gov't can also take the TTFF to court for making a false declaration to a minister for the purpose of gaining funds. TTFF put deyself in real hot water with this one, let the chips fall where they may.

Not likely...the TTFF never approached the goverment for assistance so technically they never made any "false declaration to a minister for the purpose of gaining funds".  The goverment was falling all over deyself in their haste to buy in on the public goodwill.  Even if the TTFF made such a declaration soliciting funds, the granting of the funds by the gov't wasn't stipulated on the TTFF giving a certain percentage to the players...likely the funds were earmarked to offset expenses in general. 

Put another way, it is unlikely that the grant in-kind was tied to the TTFF giving "50% or all profits to the Germany veterans"...more likely it was given to them to help defray the overall cost of the campaign, and perhaps to help seed the development of future teams.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2007, 03:04:07 AM »
fishs-you talking like yuh aint watch the corruption index lately? and also like fpatt is not trinidadian run...
With all the tief Panday tief...all the crime and bobol Abu Bakr involve in...all the allegations of terrorism...dustbin blowing up in POS and thing...

People on here saying, "oh gawd FPATT, doh raise too much ah stink nah, dat embarrassing".  Steups.

Of course it's embarrassing, but the solution isn't to sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist...hoping that no one else in the world notices.  It's already out there...been out there since the ticket fiasco last year, been there with Jack getting raked over the coals by the ethics committee...been there with his comments about the English FA last month.

To sit by idly and do nothing...or do only as much as TTFF would allow (which is again, nothing) THAT is what would be embarrassing.

:applause:

I completely agree with this sentiment. Ppl here too afraid of the necessary actions to affect the change that we all want. Now is not the time to be bashful, it is time to stand up and be counted

I am not saying that. All I'm trying to do is alert the possibility that when the dust has settled on this issue there is very good chance that our football will be very badly affected and will take time to rebuild, also any credibility that we might have had will be lost also. The thiefing ways of politicians and businessmen aside sport has never before been exposed this way I simply fear that that wil also have a negative effect.
It's just reality and it has nothing to do with whether FPATT is right or wrong to pursue this. All I'm saying to FPATT is to maintain professionalism and do not slide down the nasty road that is the norm with trade unions.
Who ent like it well..
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2007, 03:50:34 AM »
I think everyone should remember once again, that it is NOT FPATT bringing this case!

Obviously, it is confusing, as some of FPATTs founder members are amongst the blacklisted players. However, many FPATT members are not involved with the case.

FPATT does not wish to see further disruption within T&T football.  However, FPATT is concerned that the blacklisting of international players without legitmate reasons  is damaging to the preperation for 2010. FPATT also recognise that a strong administration is necessary to ensure the effective running of football.

My personal views....

The players have no claim to the money donated by the govt, but I understand the agreement from them was to match the funds raised by TTFF.

I cannot understand why TTFF were surprised at this figure, as I presume it was TTFF that supplied this information to the govt in the first place.

I also am not sure why there was no TTFF press release yesterday as promised. Presumably, if the govt had released figures that were different to those supplied by TTFF, the TTFF records would show this. All TTFF would need to do is provide their original documents. That said, the figures are vastly different from those that I understand were presented to the players  earlier in the year.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2007, 05:28:20 AM »
I think everyone should remember once again, that it is NOT FPATT bringing this case!

Obviously, it is confusing, as some of FPATTs founder members are amongst the blacklisted players. However, many FPATT members are not involved with the case.

FPATT does not wish to see further disruption within T&T football.  However, FPATT is concerned that the blacklisting of international players without legitmate reasons  is damaging to the preperation for 2010. FPATT also recognise that a strong administration is necessary to ensure the effective running of football.

My personal views....

The players have no claim to the money donated by the govt, but I understand the agreement from them was to match the funds raised by TTFF.

I cannot understand why TTFF were surprised at this figure, as I presume it was TTFF that supplied this information to the govt in the first place.

I also am not sure why there was no TTFF press release yesterday as promised. Presumably, if the govt had released figures that were different to those supplied by TTFF, the TTFF records would show this. All TTFF would need to do is provide their original documents. That said, the figures are vastly different from those that I understand were presented to the players  earlier in the year.

My apologies to FPATT.
Whilst the players may have no claim on the goverment provided funds, the argument is what was the difference between expenditure and moneys received.
The 173m represents just part of the money received and I can't see how the balance remaining could be just a couple million with the players getting 1/3.
TTFF in my mind has already lost the case and my concern is just the fallout and how it affects 2010 and beyond.
I want to be around for another WC final that TT is part of.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2007, 07:23:42 AM »
fishs-you talking like yuh aint watch the corruption index lately? and also like fpatt is not trinidadian run...
With all the tief Panday tief...all the crime and bobol Abu Bakr involve in...all the allegations of terrorism...dustbin blowing up in POS and thing...

People on here saying, "oh gawd FPATT, doh raise too much ah stink nah, dat embarrassing".  Steups.

Of course it's embarrassing, but the solution isn't to sweep it under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist...hoping that no one else in the world notices.  It's already out there...been out there since the ticket fiasco last year, been there with Jack getting raked over the coals by the ethics committee...been there with his comments about the English FA last month.

To sit by idly and do nothing...or do only as much as TTFF would allow (which is again, nothing) THAT is what would be embarrassing.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Ppl here too afraid of the necessary actions to affect the change that we all want. Now is not the time to be bashful, it is time to stand up and be counted

I am not saying that. All I'm trying to do is alert the possibility that when the dust has settled on this issue there is very good chance that our football will be very badly affected and will take time to rebuild, also any credibility that we might have had will be lost also. The thiefing ways of politicians and businessmen aside sport has never before been exposed this way I simply fear that that wil also have a negative effect.
It's just reality and it has nothing to do with whether FPATT is right or wrong to pursue this. All I'm saying to FPATT is to maintain professionalism and do not slide down the nasty road that is the norm with trade unions.
Who ent like it well..

I hear yuh fishs, but to be honest, i really can't see our football getting any worse than it is right now. Without our best players, we are pretty much in a rebuilding stage as it currently stands, and having them available to us can only help.

As for the negative backlash that u are talking about, i dont think it can be that bad. The issue has already been exposed around the world and Jack's exploits are already very much in the open. I think if the players win out here and the TTFF has an overhaul we will see way more contributions to T&T football from the private sector, because quite frankly the main reason I think corporations were reluctant to contribute was because of Jack, and the lack of transparency in his dealings. Yes, there would be a period of instability at first, but I can't see that being such a long term effect. As long as Jack and the current TTFF regime are in charge, the politics and thieving that u talking about will always be synonymous with T&T football and that is way more negative than anything else. JMHO
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2007, 08:05:26 AM »

Who ent like it well..

I hear yuh fishs, but to be honest, i really can't see our football getting any worse than it is right now. Without our best players, we are pretty much in a rebuilding stage as it currently stands, and having them available to us can only help.

As for the negative backlash that u are talking about, i dont think it can be that bad. The issue has already been exposed around the world and Jack's exploits are already very much in the open. I think if the players win out here and the TTFF has an overhaul we will see way more contributions to T&T football from the private sector, because quite frankly the main reason I think corporations were reluctant to contribute was because of Jack, and the lack of transparency in his dealings. Yes, there would be a period of instability at first, but I can't see that being such a long term effect. As long as Jack and the current TTFF regime are in charge, the politics and thieving that u talking about will always be synonymous with T&T football and that is way more negative than anything else. JMHO

It reall frustrating that the only way to get rid of the crooks is this way.
At least every five years we could decide on whether the other people should stay or go but with the TTFF is like only ah dose of old age going to get rid of them.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »
TTFF collect W/Cup document$
By JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Tuesday, September 18 2007

DUE TO the lateness in submitting relevant documents by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), the football body will make a delayed comment today on a newspaper report on Saturday which claimed the TTFF received over $173 million after the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

According to the TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes, the Sports Ministry sent documents to the TTFF at 3.30 pm yesterday, hence the Federation decided to make a response today, instead of yesterday, as promised.

TTFF special advisor Jack Warner, general secretary Richard Groden and a pair of lawyers, Om Lalla and Kelvin Ramkissoon met at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya on Saturday, the same day as the newspaper article which accused the Federation of presenting an unaudited statement to the World Cup players.

Brent Williams, the Legal Advisor at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, faxed figures of the sum received by the TTFF — $173,690,133.50 from the public and private sectors (a contrast to the $18,255,952 reportedly presented to the players by Groden last October) - to the players’ legal representatives Bates, Wells and Brathwaite London LLP Solicitors.

The $173 million sum was disclosed by Government after a request by the aforementioned legal firm on August 22, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.

The London-based firm are representing the World Cup players in the bid to recover monies that they claim have been owed to them by the TTFF, insisting that Warner agreed to share with them 50 percent of all sponsorship funds derived from the team’s World Cup campaign.

The players blanked the TTFF’s $18 million offer and, having formed the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), agreed to take legal action against the TTFF.

It is stated that, based on the $173 million figure, the players are each entitled to a minimum of $6,947,604.54 for their participation in Germany.

Warner has repeatedly slammed the players for their stance, and the majority of the squad — goalkeepers Kelvin Jack and Clayton Ince; defenders Marvin Andrews, David Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho, Ian Cox and Avery John; midfielders Evans Wise, Aurtis Whitley, Carlos Edwards and Chris Birchall; strikers Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Collin Samuel, Jason Scotland, Cornell Glen and Anthony Wolfe — have either been blacklisted or (in the case of Ince, Edwards and Scotland) refused to play the national team until the matter is settled.

Captain Dwight Yorke, defender Dennis Lawrence, goalie Shaka Hislop and midfielder Russell Latapy have all retired from international duty while Densil Theobald led the national team during the Digicel Cup here in January-February and the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States last June.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2007, 01:19:04 PM »
At least every five years we could decide on whether the other people should stay or go but with the TTFF is like only ah dose of old age going to get rid of them.
I wouldn't study it too much...the way I see it, if anything we go to court and expose them for the crooks that they are and we'll actually gain some credibility in the eyes of many around the world.  Remember, a lot of people are of the opinion that FIFA is nothing but a legal mafia and if we buck the TTFF, is Jack (and by default FIFA) we're taking on.   That may resound with many, showing them that we ent no backwards banana republic that willing to turn a blind eye on corruption.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »
FPATT be carefull that whilst you are looking to fix the injustice dealt to the players at the same time you guys not doing serious damage to Trinidad and Tobago credibility as a nation.
This big press or media coverage you guys looking for might be all well and good to enlighten the world about the going ons in TTFF and Jack Warner's dynasty but that doh win court cases.
What is the objective?
To make sure the players get what they were promised?
Or is it also in the plan to bring down TTFF and Jack Warner?
Whilst we all would like to have the latter done, remember TT is a small community by global standards and a lot of hard working innocent people will also be affected.
If the target of getting Jack out of our football is acheived an immediate cash flow problem will kick in and the Government will not be able to fill the gap not because they don't want to but because of how Government works.
A lot of people from managers to cleaners will in end up in CEPEP.
Plenty of the ongoing football programs going to come to a halt , because coachs and other staff not going to be paid etc.
I might be going over the top with a doomsday scenario but people better be seriously planning an alternative to what exists if the football is to continue to rise and not fall off.

Whilst all this going on in the glare of the world media descriptions like banana republic and corrupt ridden society bound to surface, that does nothing to the already badly beaten self esteem of nationals at home and abroad even if the description might be true.

I suggest that FPATT makes sure that the media releases are even handed and not sensationalist so that it could be understood that this whole mess is because of a handfull of greedy people and not an entire organisation and by extension nation.
Give it a rest with this nonsense.
TnT Patriot

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2007, 03:41:01 PM »
TTFF collect W/Cup document$
By JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Tuesday, September 18 2007

DUE TO the lateness in submitting relevant documents by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), the football body will make a delayed comment today on a newspaper report on Saturday which claimed the TTFF received over $173 million after the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

According to the TTFF media officer Shaun Fuentes, the Sports Ministry sent documents to the TTFF at 3.30 pm yesterday, hence the Federation decided to make a response today, instead of yesterday, as promised.

TTFF special advisor Jack Warner, general secretary Richard Groden and a pair of lawyers, Om Lalla and Kelvin Ramkissoon met at the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya on Saturday, the same day as the newspaper article which accused the Federation of presenting an unaudited statement to the World Cup players.

Brent Williams, the Legal Advisor at the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, faxed figures of the sum received by the TTFF — $173,690,133.50 from the public and private sectors (a contrast to the $18,255,952 reportedly presented to the players by Groden last October) - to the players’ legal representatives Bates, Wells and Brathwaite London LLP Solicitors.

The $173 million sum was disclosed by Government after a request by the aforementioned legal firm on August 22, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.

The London-based firm are representing the World Cup players in the bid to recover monies that they claim have been owed to them by the TTFF, insisting that Warner agreed to share with them 50 percent of all sponsorship funds derived from the team’s World Cup campaign.

The players blanked the TTFF’s $18 million offer and, having formed the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), agreed to take legal action against the TTFF.

It is stated that, based on the $173 million figure, the players are each entitled to a minimum of $6,947,604.54 for their participation in Germany.

Warner has repeatedly slammed the players for their stance, and the majority of the squad — goalkeepers Kelvin Jack and Clayton Ince; defenders Marvin Andrews, David Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Brent Sancho, Ian Cox and Avery John; midfielders Evans Wise, Aurtis Whitley, Carlos Edwards and Chris Birchall; strikers Kenwyne Jones, Stern John, Collin Samuel, Jason Scotland, Cornell Glen and Anthony Wolfe — have either been blacklisted or (in the case of Ince, Edwards and Scotland) refused to play the national team until the matter is settled.

Captain Dwight Yorke, defender Dennis Lawrence, goalie Shaka Hislop and midfielder Russell Latapy have all retired from international duty while Densil Theobald led the national team during the Digicel Cup here in January-February and the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States last June.

Erm, I'm no expert, but following on from the "1-1 draw with Sweden" fiasco, surely the proof readers would have attempted to get some accuracy into this article.

Let me see.....

DUE TO the lateness in submitting relevant documents by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), the football body will make a delayed comment today

Surely if TTFF are due in court on friday, they would have prepared themselves enough to have this information. Or did they think it was hidden and wouldn't be discovered? Anyway, TTFF submitted the figures in the first place, so surely they must already know them.

insisting that Warner agreed to share with them 50 percent of all sponsorship funds derived from the team’s World Cup campaign.

Wait a minute. Didn't Warner admit to this in the press? So what is there to insist about? Its an admitted fact.

The players blanked the TTFF’s $18 million offer

Yeah, of course they did, it was $70 million short!

having formed the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT), agreed to take legal action against the TTFF.

Nope, wrong again. Yes, some of them formed FPATT and yes, they agreed to take legal action. But one didn't depend on the other. Forming FPATT was a forward thinking measure to prevent a reoccurance of such events as well as benefitting all professional players in T&T. Taking legal action was an effort to recover bonuses they were entitled to.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
Welcome to the Land of WarnerSpin, KSM, where the facts NEVER get in the way of a good story.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 09:00:56 PM »
TTFF eh respond but JW on the UNC Allinace platform sayin he ready to go to court
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 09:31:54 PM »
I wouldn't study it too much...the way I see it, if anything we go to court and expose them for the crooks that they are and we'll actually gain some credibility in the eyes of many around the world.  Remember, a lot of people are of the opinion that FIFA is nothing but a legal mafia and if we buck the TTFF, is Jack (and by default FIFA) we're taking on.   That may resound with many, showing them that we ent no backwards banana republic that willing to turn a blind eye on corruption.
That would be something sweet to see.
the smallest country to qualify for the World Cup playing a part in the Shake up within FIFA.
this shit has to come to an end
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2007, 02:58:19 AM »
Its out in UK!!

Daily Mail Weds 19th Sept.

Daily MailCharles Sale
Jack Warner and the £15m World Cup gap
22:43pm 18th September 2007
  Comments

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who is the major opponent of England's bid to host the 2018 World Cup, has become embroiled in yet another Caribbean football scandal.

It has emerged that the Warner-controlled Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation had income in excess of 200million T&T dollars (£16m) from the 2006 World Cup despite having previously declared the figure to be less than 20m T&T dollars. And the total doesn't include money from five World Cup warm-up games.

The £15m discrepancy was revealed by the London lawyers acting for the T&T players' union. The Trinidad and Tobago team had been unhappy at the paltry sums offered to them by Warner — around £498 — as their half-share of the income generated from the tournament.

Scandal: Jack Warner

Warner has reacted by banning the 16 players who are represented by the London firm Bates, Wells & Braithwaite, including Sunderland's Kenwyne Jones and Southampton's Stern John, from playing for their country.

Despite official complaints, FIFA have not considered referring the case to their ethics committee as it is considered a domestic matter.

Lawyer Michael Townley, who is travelling to Trinidad this week to pursue the players' claims in court, said: "This is a sporting and financial scandal which the major football authorities are ignoring. Jack Warner, a FIFA vice-president and president of CONCACAF, is involved up to his neck yet nothing is done about it. He has shown by banning the players that he cares nothing about Caribbean football and their golden generation, only his own financial wellbeing. Now he will have to explain the huge gap."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=482590&in_page_id=1951

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »

Erm, I'm no expert, but following on from the "1-1 draw with Sweden" fiasco, surely the proof readers would have attempted to get some accuracy into this article.

Let me see.....

DUE TO the lateness in submitting relevant documents by the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), the football body will make a delayed comment today

To be fair to the TTFF, the hearing on Friday is to deal soley with whether or not the Court has jursidiction to hear the matter, as opposed to submitting it to arbitration. All the figures, account of profits  etc, which would be part of a remedy the players are seeking will not come into play as yet and therefore they would not necessarily need to get that part of their house in order as yet.

In fact, the TTFF have yet to even file a defence to the particulars of claim that the players filed
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »
The only defence the TTFF have is like in the NBA a capital D and a fence

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »
Daily Mail (UK)   20th September   Charles Sale:

The extent of the complaints by Trinidad & Tobago's World Cup players about their financial dealings with FIFA vice-president Jack Warner only highlights the scandal of football's world governing body ignoring the issue. There was an agreement that the T&T Football Federation, controlled by Warner, would share the 7million Swiss francs (£3m) for reaching the finals with the players on a 50-50 basis. But then it transpired Warner was planning to take a 28 per cent tax charge only from the players' half of the money. Along with FIFA, the English FA have also passed the buck on Warner.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2007, 04:23:45 AM »
Its out in UK!!

Daily Mail Weds 19th Sept.

Daily MailCharles Sale
Jack Warner and the £15m World Cup gap........

Lawyer Michael Townley, who is travelling to Trinidad this week to pursue the players' claims in court, said: "This is a sporting and financial scandal which the major football authorities are ignoring. Jack Warner, a FIFA vice-president and president of CONCACAF, is involved up to his neck yet nothing is done about it. He has shown by banning the players that he cares nothing about Caribbean football and their golden generation, only his own financial wellbeing. Now he will have to explain the huge gap."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/columnists.html?in_article_id=482590&in_page_id=1951

.......And there's no better place to explain that gap than in a court room.  To HELL with an arbiter!!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:26:28 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2007, 04:40:14 AM »
You guys were a bit unlucky with the time you chose to release this news in the UK press... :-\

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
I don't think the players had much choice! Obviously this was the first date available.

It probably won't divert attention from the Chelsea story, after all, it doesn't appear that the rest of the world is sitting on the edge of their seats over the players case against TTFF.

Whether the govt figures are correct or not, the fact that Mr Warner and the TTFF haven't issued any statements to defend themselves should be a global story in itself.

Doesn't the Caribbean press care that the president of the CFU could be involved with financial wrongdoing?

Doesn't the North and Central American press care that the president of Concacaf could be involved with financial wrongdoing?

Doesn't the global press care that the vice president of FIFA could be involved with financial wrongdoing?

Obviously not. But everybody in the world cares about Mourinho.

Doesn't make sense to me. Chelsea will get a new manager and maybe they win carry on or maybe they will fall apart. Who really cares apart from Chelsea fans?

Mourinho will get another club and maybe succeed, maybe not. Who cares?

But if there should be the best part of $65 million TT in TTFF funds and its not there anymore, football projects such as those working with the gangs  in Trinidad will not be funded. A senior guy from the Sports Council believes that more funding in these areas will save lives.

The players are fighting their own battle, but lets not forget that half the money is YOURS. It should be funding YOUR national team. YOUR womens football.  YOUR youth development programmes.

I know many of you on this site are praying that the players get a result. But to get a result for the future of football in T&T, and probably the Caribbean, the case has to go to a civil court. Only then will the people of Trinidad & Tobago learn the truth about where the money is and how it was spent.

That is the issue being discussed in court today. Arbitration or civil court.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:24 PM »
Sports Agenda: FIFA forced into £50m pay-offs
By: Charles Sale (Daily Mail)

15:49pm 24th September 2007

Fifa have had to pay out more than £50million in severance money to sponsors and staff, such has been the chronic mismanagement within world football's governing body.

In addition to the £45m to Mastercard following the fiasco of FIFA's World Cup sponsorship negotiations, it has now emerged that general secretary Urs Linsi received a £4m pay-off when he left Zurich last June having just agreed a new eight-year deal worth an annual £500,000 with his own employee, the head of human resources, two months earlier.

Linsi's deputy Michael Schallhart and the human resources boss Jurg Imfeld, who departed with the general secretary, also received £500,000 each, with FIFA haemorrhaging money.

President Sepp Blatter called the financial pay-offs "an internal matter".

To add further to FIFA's tarnished reputation, vice-president Jack Warner is embroiled in yet another scandal after banning from international football the vast majority of the Trinidad & Tobago World Cup squad, who are taking legal action over their paltry rewards from the tournament.

The FIFA ethics committee has been conspicuous by their lack of action, but chairman Lord Coe says he is confident about their role, adding that much of what they are currently doing will become clear later.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007, 05:31:51 PM »

What is the general mood about arbitration...and the dropping of the blacklist?

Players happy...skeptical...relieved...still peeved....all of the above?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2007, 06:45:56 PM »

What is the general mood about arbitration...and the dropping of the blacklist?

Players happy...skeptical...relieved...still peeved....all of the above?

Although I obviously can't speak for all of those involved, those that I have spoken to are very happy.

In my view, it cannot have been easy for TTFFs lawyers to convince those involved to offer the alternative of arbitration in London, particularly given Mr Warners famous "irritant" comments, but it was the only alternative to a Trinidad court that the players would accept.

Aside from it being far less expensive and much quicker, the case will not really be any different than in court. If there has been any illegal acts involved, the consequences will be the same, any award to the players would be potentially the same and the release of information after the case will be the same.

Of course, the main difference is that the blacklist has been removed. We shall see if that really is the case when Wim selects his next squad.

Arbitration will result in the issue being resolved faster at at a lower cost to all concerned, and that has to benefit both parties and T&T football as a whole.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2007, 08:41:37 PM »
FPATT

When d arbitrator rules 4 d players can d TTFF cry bankruptcy?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2007, 11:56:52 PM »

How come London and not CAS btw? 

Just something I not sure how they came up with London out of all the places in the world.  Is it cuz most of the players based in the UK or what?

I thought CAS was supposed to be the better place.  Any info on that would be interesting.

I won't feel relieved on this blacklist thing until we have a game with the full pool of players available and it doesn't seem like that happening too soon. FANS NEED THERAPY FOR THIS HEARTACHE!!
Would also be interesting to see how the club/country conflict pan out too.  I know Keane and Sunderland probably not going to like losing Kenwyne and Carlos for a "friendly".

1]; } ?>