March 28, 2024, 07:13:47 PM

Poll

Will a Premiership side save Kenwyne when Cardiff get relegated?

Yes
6 (18.8%)
No
26 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Kenwyne Jones Thread  (Read 244468 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones Thread
« Reply #1260 on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:56 PM »
Keeper make me laugh yes. Keep it up kj

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 12, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
Just speculating here but Columbus Crew were interested in Jones last year. They just traded their DP striker Kamara today and need a target forward maybe they might try to make a move for Jones this summer as his future is up in the air. Even if it's not Columbus Jones will be on the move this summer as he hasn't started consistently so I doubt Al Jazira would renew his deal.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
Just speculating here but Columbus Crew were interested in Jones last year. They just traded their DP striker Kamara today and need a target forward maybe they might try to make a move for Jones this summer as his future is up in the air. Even if it's not Columbus Jones will be on the move this summer as he hasn't started consistently so I doubt Al Jazira would renew his deal.
Damn, Columbus sent a clear message by trading Kamara after all his drama this past weekend. Maybe it could be a possibility for KJ as you mentioned if he can't get another deal over there but the $$$ won't be the same.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 24, 2016, 08:01:28 PM »

Trinidad and Tobago International Striker Kenwyne Jones will not return to Cardiff City in Wales at the end of the current season,..

https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1182567345128229/

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 29, 2016, 06:35:41 PM »
Kenwyn Won the Presidents Cup today . Why are we not highlighting his campaign ? Why has he fallen off to being an unused sub for the past few games ? What is his future ? how does his future affect his performance in the upcoming games ?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 29, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »
the league here isnt very technical and to be honest when i saw jones play he was miles above them in class but never got them to play to his strenghts
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 30, 2016, 07:17:54 PM »
Kenwyne Jones and Al Jazira FC win coveted President's Cup 2016 in dramatic penalty shootout
Kenwyne Jones Media

Captain of the Trinidad & Tobago Men's National Team, Kenwyne Jones, continues to fly the flag of red, white and black high in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, as his Al Jazira Football Club edged past Al Ain to snag the highly-contested President's Cup 2016 on Sunday evening.

Fondly called "The Pride of Abu Dhabi" by fans, Al Jazira's triumph was a hard-fought battle against rivals Al Ain, who had managed to level the score at 1-1 at the end of the full 90 minutes. Jazira's goal came in the final minute before halftime, when Ali Mabkhout was awarded and calmly put away a penalty opportunity. Not to be outdone, Al Ain returned with a vengeance in the second half, and eventually levelled the scoreboard thanks to Brazilian-born Dyanfres Douglas, whose bullet shot to the roof of the net in the 64th minute.

Thereafter, Jones was sent on as a substitute by coach Henk ten Cate to keep the defence line strong for Al Jazira - a move which certainly worked in the team's favour, as regular time ended in an even score. With the removal of extra time as part of the new rules for the President's Cup, the trophy tug-of-war would have to be decided in a penalty shootout showdown.

After a total of 13 shots combined from the teams, Al Ain's fatal blow came swiftly, stunning into silence its heartbroken fans at the Shaikh Zayed City Stadium. It was Mohanad Salem's unlucky and ill-fated strike that would seal the deal of defeat for the Al Ain squad, and result in the glorious moment of celebration and revelry for Jones and Al Jazira.

His Publicist, Tenille Clarke, is ecstatic for her client and team's title. "Kenwyne is absolutely thrilled to be a part of the President's Cup Champions for 2016. He always believed that Al Jazira had great potential to be stars in the league, and it's just an air of celebration right now for him, his teammates, the Al Jazira staff, and his fans in the United Arab Emirates. To end the season on such a high, words can hardly describe this moment for him. Teamwork made the dream work, and it's been a long season of hard work and sacrifice for him. The dedication to his craft has once again paid off in not only representing his club, but Trinidad & Tobago on the global stage."

Jones has been on loan with Al Jazira F.C. in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) since January 2016, on loan from Cardiff City F.C. The Dubai-based club has also recently been named the Professional Club of the Year, and has previously won the President's Cup twice, having lifted the trophy in 2011 and 2012.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 31, 2016, 06:30:00 AM »

Thereafter, Jones was sent on as a substitute by coach Henk ten Cate to keep the defence line strong for Al Jazira - a move which certainly worked in the team's favour, as regular time ended in an even score.

??? What really going on here. First he not playing at all now he coming on to "keep the defense line strong"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:48 AM »

Thereafter, Jones was sent on as a substitute by coach Henk ten Cate to keep the defence line strong for Al Jazira - a move which certainly worked in the team's favour, as regular time ended in an even score.

??? What really going on here. First he not playing at all now he coming on to "keep the defense line strong"

I figure they meant defending set pieces. He did a lot of that in the premiership as well.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 08, 2016, 03:42:41 AM »
Anyone know what's happening with KJ now?  He's left Al Jazira - has he returned to the UK? No news of anyone showing interest or even of him being available.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 08, 2016, 07:23:06 AM »
Anyone know what's happening with KJ now?  He's left Al Jazira - has he returned to the UK? No news of anyone showing interest or even of him being available.

His loan ended, he should go back to Cardiff.
In my opinion he could easily play in MLS and be one of the top scorers, he's a very physical player so he would fit perfectly on the league. The problem is his salary is too high, I don't think any MLS club would pay like $2mi for him. He's not too famous and already 31 years old. If he accepts a huge paycut to earn like $800k I guess he'll receive some offers.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 08, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »

In my opinion he could easily play in MLS and be one of the top scorers, he's a very physical player so he would fit perfectly on the league. The problem is his salary is too high, I don't think any MLS club would pay like $2mi for him. He's not too famous and already 31 years old. If he accepts a huge paycut to earn like $800k I guess he'll receive some offers.

Cardiff released him on 23rd May.  MLS seems like the logical move, but there's been no news of any club showing interest as far as I am aware?

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 08, 2016, 07:47:30 AM »

Cardiff released him on 23rd May.  MLS seems like the logical move, but there's been no news of any club showing interest as far as I am aware?

wow!! I didn't know that. And yes.. he wasn't linked to any MLS club as far as I know.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 08, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »
So the captain unattached WOW.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 08, 2016, 08:54:51 AM »
Cardiff City release Ben Turner and Kenwyne Jones in clearout

Cardiff City have released defender Ben Turner and striker Kenwyne Jones.

The duo join goalkeeper Joe Lewis, forward Etien Velikonja and midfielder Filip Kiss in departing the Bluebirds, along with four under-21 players.

Turner, 28, joined the Bluebirds in August 2011 and scored a last minute equaliser in the 2012 League Cup Final against Liverpool at Wembley.

He played 31 games for Cardiff in the Premier League in 2013-14 and made 121 appearances for the club in total.

Trinidad and Tobago international Jones joined the Bluebirds in a swap deal involving Peter Odemwinge in January 2014.

However, Jones was allowed out on loan this season and said at the time he had been offered 'no deal' to stay at Cardiff City Stadium.

In January he joined Al Jazira in the United Arab Emirates on loan until the end of the season.

Lewis, 28, joined on a free transfer from Peterborough United in 2012 but made only five senior appearances and had loan spells with Blackpool and Fulham.

Slovenia international striker Velikonja joined Cardiff on a four-year deal in July 2012 but failed to score in five first team games for the Bluebirds

Slovakian Kiss joined Cardiff on loan from SK Slovan Bratislava in July 2011 before the deal was made permanent 12 months later.

The 25-year-old spent two loan spells at Ross County and also spent a season on loan with Norwegian side.

Cardiff have also released Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, Abdi Noor, Tyler Roche and Curtis Watkins from their developmental side.

However, extensions have been offered to Luke O'Reilly, Elijah Phipps, Jamie Veale, Macauley Southam, David Tutonda, Ashley Baker, Dylan Rees, Tom James, Robbie Patten, Tommy O'Sullivan and Theo Wharton.

Jamie Bird, Rhys Abbruzzese, Lloyd Humphries and Rollin Menayese have all been offered their first professional contracts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36359183

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: June 08, 2016, 09:37:10 AM »
Come and play for Jabloteh!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 08, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
So KJ comes and plays in Pro League.....which is fantastic preparation for playing modern international football.

The intensity....the technical requirements on display.....the quality of players....the experienced coaching...

Hex World Cup qualification for Russia 2018 is guaranteed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:56:20 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 08, 2016, 10:00:27 AM »
KJ's own refusal to live up to his potential is starting to affect his career

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 08, 2016, 10:24:27 AM »

Please expand on the above.  Thanks

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 08, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »

Please expand on the above.  Thanks

So you don't think KJ presence in the pro-league will give it the profile that it needs.  Same as Landon Donavan going back to LA or Tim Howard recent move back to the MLS.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 08, 2016, 10:42:18 AM »
Man had d goods to be one of d most physically imposing strikers in d prem, instead he would start hot hot den slow right down, KJ was never consistent, or tried to build a habit of consistency...... Man coulda be d mid-table drogba! Seen enough to know dat he had all d goods, but sadly never d temperament to keep it up for ah whole season.

I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 08, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
Man had d goods to be one of d most physically imposing strikers in d prem, instead he would start hot hot den slow right down, KJ was never consistent, or tried to build a habit of consistency...... Man coulda be d mid-table drogba! Seen enough to know dat he had all d goods, but sadly never d temperament to keep it up for ah whole season.

So how do you reconcile what you said above...with what you stated here?

KJ's own refusal

Refusal definition per Webster's dictionary: 
an act of saying or showing that you will not do, give, or accept something : an act of refusing

You saying that KJ deliberately decided not to fulfill his potential?  Because that's what a refusal is.  A deliberate act of NOT doing something.

And what if KJ actually achieved his potential and it's the expectations of others is wrong?  Impossible?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:15:54 AM by palos »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 08, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »
So you don't think KJ presence in the pro-league will give it the profile that it needs.  Same as Landon Donavan going back to LA or Tim Howard recent move back to the MLS.

It will get profile for sure.  And then what?  Players will play quicker?  Coaches will improve?  Fans will attend games?

Here's what I think will happen...

SOME Trinis will come out to see KJ.  And the first chance he misses, they will steupes, cuss him, and call him a shithong.

"He cyah even spannah self? All he good for is to jump high.  And look how lazy he is...he eh even trackin back.  Daz wha I waste my time doin when I coulda be watchin Messi, Neymar, and Suarez on TV?"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:17:13 AM by palos »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 08, 2016, 11:26:37 AM »
Palos, it was not meant to be literal, come on now....Doh act like KJ work rate was never an issue, it dog him at nearly every club he was at.

I not doggin d man.....I believed he would of been great and still in d prem no less with consistent application of his gifts....but alas ...........

I pity the fool....

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 08, 2016, 11:34:11 AM »

It will get profile for sure.  And then what?  Players will play quicker?  Coaches will improve?  Fans will attend games?

SOME Trinis will come out to see KJ.  And the first chance he misses, they will steupes, cuss him, and call him a shithong.

"He cyah even spannah self? All he good for is to jump high.  And look how lazy he is...he eh even trackin back.  Daz wha I waste my time doin when I coulda be watchin Messi, Neymar, and Suarez on TV?"
Or my favorite quote by a supporter in de savannah "Imagine I leave my wife home in a panty to come and watch this shit"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 08, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
 :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:33 AM »

Or my favorite quote by a supporter in de savannah "Imagine I leave my wife home in a panty to come and watch this shit"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 08, 2016, 12:06:17 PM »
KJ possesses some good qualities as a striker, pace, strong in the air, good shot, holds off defenders well, but his poor work rate to help win the ball back and dribbling skills to beat a defender in a 1v1 situation has kept him from elevating his game to another level.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 08, 2016, 12:12:36 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

tears :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 08, 2016, 12:45:35 PM »
KJ has been very good for the national side over th past coupke years. I hope he gets something in England again.

1]; } ?>