May 22, 2024, 11:59:00 PM

Poll

Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?

Yes
25 (47.2%)
No
28 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: Ronaldinho Thread  (Read 205883 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho not good enough
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2005, 04:27:44 PM »
Ronaldinho won't even think about this comment...

I just saw Juve play... that Del Alpi is almost empty again.
I totally agree Marcus.
He sounds just stupid & poor.
You must be out of your head to exchange Barca or Real for an empty  cold Del Alpi.
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has Ronaldinho joined Pele and Maradona as the best player in his era?
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2005, 04:45:06 PM »

hey I understand metaphor.,, and what yuh say no way qualifies as metaphor...!

But ask Brazil who won de wc in France

how is it not metaphorical?
anyway, you are taking the statement literally and obvioulsy you shouldn't...that is all. Or does the World Cup still 'belong' to Maradona ???

You seem only interested in winning an argument that does not exist, so now you've become belligerent. Tell me, who really thinks a single player wins a game, much less a  tournament, by himself/herself.

I am a big Zidane fan but think he didn't do anything to suggest he was that great until the final game in WC 1998. I disagreed that he won the tournament 'singlehandedly' for France. Simply my opinion on a topic not meant to be taken literally. So exactly what is your problem? Or are you just embarrased that you thought Batigol played in WC 1986?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2005, 05:01:52 PM »
Ronaldo is my player....Even all now...I rather watch him than anyone else....(Although Robinho will be the best next two years!!!) Filho the fact that Ronaldo had to comeback should tell you something...The league is not easy for a very skilful player...not because of he not making a impact but because defenders rather destroy you than look bad...Ronaldinho don't have to prove himself to anybody...But i agree with the Moggi when he says it will be more difficult(but in terms of the kind of tackles they allow)....Go T&T

Only since Adriano are Inter fans finally forgetting about Ronaldo.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2005, 05:23:01 PM »
well we can also change it around

Serie A not good enough for Ronaldinho ;D

I have no trouble with his first comment, but his second that he prefers ETO... Moggi who ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 05:26:49 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2005, 08:13:21 PM »
Yeah Zizou left a huge impression on WC '98 because of his double in the final........but he didn't really play as well as people gave him credit for. He was quiet in many games and even got red-carded and had to sit out of a game....For Zizou and W.C. '98 it's a case of last (instead of first) impressions lasting....People hail Zidane as the King of WC '98, but that is just a case of short-memory.......I don't believe he was given tournament MVP. (I'll have to re-check that though)

Zidane's performance in WC 98 is not a shadow of Maradonna's in '86

Zidane is great, and will leave an unforgettable mark on World Football. but if you judge his greatness off of his W.C. '98 performance you are either

1. illiterate about football
2. A waggonist  ;D
3. a sucker to hype
4. just have a bad memory

In terms of Talent, Ronaldinho is up there with anyone.....if he continues to have the influence on the game that he has now for the next few years to come......it would be unfair to not put him in the class as the best ever (including Zidane).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 08:15:47 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2005, 08:21:04 PM »
FYI

Believe it or not, Ronaldo (not Zidane) was the MVP of World Cup '98......just checked the stats.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2005, 08:28:28 PM »
like men eh read my post earlie with all the things Zizou has won

the most important part was this

Zizou has won all the awards any football player could ever dream of winning, whether as an individual or a team, and whether with club or nation. No player is as accomplished as Zinedine Zidane.

individual or team
club or nation

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2005, 08:31:41 PM »
Ronaldinho is nothing in defense but honestly he not on the field to defend. The man dominates the attack like no other player. Not Rivaldo not even Zidane dominates as much as this man. How many times have seen defenders backing off of Zidane or absolutely petrified to chook a foot. The man is in a class of his own. For the Zidane fans out there I'm not saying that Zidane is not a brilliant player but Ronaldinho's class is a cut above the rest.

On talent alone I would rank him alongside Pele and Maradona.I don't like comparing Pele and Maradona because they played different positions and in different eras and different tactics etc. In this era of football, defense is a major priority and a lot of games could just be boring,tight and unproductive. Ask yourself the question 0-0, 5 mins to go who you want on the ball Ronaldinho now or Zidane in his prime? I would chose Ronaldinho any day of the week. Barring a long term injury he will prove himself to be the greatest player of this era.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
Ronaldinho is nothing in defense but honestly he not on the field to defend. The man dominates the attack like no other player. Not Rivaldo not even Zidane dominates as much as this man. How many times have seen defenders backing off of Zidane or absolutely petrified to chook a foot. The man is in a class of his own. For the Zidane fans out there I'm not saying that Zidane is not a brilliant player but Ronaldinho's class is a cut above the rest.

On talent alone I would rank him alongside Pele and Maradona.I don't like comparing Pele and Maradona because they played different positions and in different eras and different tactics etc. In this era of football, defense is a major priority and a lot of games could just be boring,tight and unproductive. Ask yourself the question 0-0, 5 mins to go who you want on the ball Ronaldinho now or Zidane in his prime? I would chose Ronaldinho any day of the week. Barring a long term injury he will prove himself to be the greatest player of this era.

0-0 and 5 minutes to go, Zidane will do it any day in front of Ronaldinho, ask England and ask Sociadad(his latest victim), i've seen Ronaldinho choke more times than Zidane in that kind of position.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2005, 08:50:01 PM »
FATZ  you rell hate ronaldinho boy

ah feel he take ah gal from yuh
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2005, 08:53:12 PM »

0-0 and 5 minutes to go, Zidane will do it any day in front of Ronaldinho, ask England and ask Sociadad(his latest victim), i've seen Ronaldinho choke more times than Zidane in that kind of position.

I agree Zidane is a clutch player but.........

Give some examples of Ronaldinho choking in that situation.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 08:55:14 PM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2005, 08:54:17 PM »
hah ve ah point though
in the clutch Zizou pull out some winners

he put tears in Beckham eyes with that freekick

Més que un club.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2005, 08:56:06 PM »
FATZ  you rell hate ronaldinho boy

ah feel he take ah gal from yuh

The man good yuh know, i not saying that he shit but judging from what i have seen, i'll take Zidane in the last 5 minutes instead of him. Ronaldinho had me jumping up quite a few times especially the goal he scored against Chelsea but Zidane just looks better on the ball, he has better close control than Ronaldinho and just looks more graceful.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 08:58:28 PM by Tallman »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2005, 08:59:32 PM »

I agree Zidane is a clutch player but.........

Give some examples of Ronaldinho choking in that situation.

I can't remember the exact times and plays but last season i remember some games when he got free kicks close in and scuffed the chance. Why don't you tell me some crunch time goals from Ronaldinho and we'll see how it compares to Zidane.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 11:19:49 PM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2005, 09:31:47 PM »

I can't remember the exact times and plays but last season i remember some games when he got free kicks close in and scuffed the chance. Why don't you tell me some crunch time goals from Ronaldinho and we'll see how it compares to Zidane.

I never denied that Zidane is a clutch player...I am a huge fan of Zidane (check my avatar).......and I like Ronaldinho too and never claimed that Ronaldinho is the best clutch player,

......but iz people like you who like to buss up yuh mouth and make unsubstantiated claims (I've seen Ronaldinho choke blah blah blah.....and then yuh can't give one solid example).....Like Zidane never missed a free kick late in a game.....friggin' annoying

If yuh talkin' facts, talk facts.....otherwise save yuh ray ray and rah rah for the street corner...........

« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 09:35:50 PM by kicker »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2005, 09:39:57 PM »

I never denied that Zidane is a clutch player...I am a huge fan of Zidane (check my avatar).......and I like Ronaldinho too and never claimed that Ronaldinho is the best clutch player,

......but iz people like you who like to buss up yuh mouth and make unsubstantiated claims (I've seen Ronaldinho choke blah blah blah.....and then yuh can't give one solid example).....Like Zidane never missed a free kick late in a game.....friggin' annoying

If yuh talkin' facts, talk facts.....otherwise save yuh ray ray and rah rah for the street corner...........

I wouldn't waste my time but why don't you tell me times when Ronaldinho come through in clutch as i said before. I know i can remember about Ronaldinho hitting the wall in a free kick late in a game last season but i can't remember the exact game; SO WHAT but the main fact that i can't remember him actually hitting a crunch time winner says a lot because i can remember Zidane doing it on more than one occasion. So you could sit on that Madrid logo and see what happens because you can't even say when he produced

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2005, 10:06:59 PM »

I wouldn't waste my time but why don't you tell me times when Ronaldinho come through in clutch as i said before. I know i can remember about Ronaldinho hitting the wall in a free kick late in a game last season but i can't remember the exact game; SO WHAT but the main fact that i can't remember him actually hitting a crunch time winner says a lot because i can remember Zidane doing it on more than one occasion. So you could sit on that Madrid logo and see what happens because you can't even say when he produced

You were correct in pointing out Zidane as a clutch player......

Your doubting Ronaldinho's ability to come through in the clutch is also reasonable, because he hasn't had the high profile clutch plays that Zidane has.......you were fine up to there

But then when you audaciously claim that Ronaldinho chokes in big situations, and can't give an example....you relegate yourself to the loud mouth on the street corner....there is no need to fabricate or make false claims about Ronaldinho to prove Zidane's worth.....the world knows Zidane is the best (or one of)....

You don't know me, so you can't claim to know anything about my knowledge of Zidane and what he produces....and this isn't about you and me 'cause I don't know you either....... it's about you not being able to put your money where your mouth is,..........so making incorrect assumptions about my knowledge of football and commenting on my Madrid logo, apart from immature, is also unwarranted and besides the point.........

« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:11:30 PM by kicker »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2005, 10:18:56 PM »
ah good lil read in light of the current thread

Although Diego Armando Maradona didn't hesitate in affirming to Catalan paper 'El Mundo Deportivo' that "Ronaldinho has inherited my throne" after seeing the GaĂșcho force the Santiago BernabĂ©u stadium into a repeat of the sort of applause last squeezed out of Merengues when 'El Pibe' visited the Madrid coliseum in his 1980's Azulgrana shirt, PelĂ© is holding back.

'O Rei', who recently buried the hatchet with his Argentinean counterpart on Maradona's TV show 'La Noche Del Diez', surprised some with his downplaying of the status many fans and pundits have awarded Ronaldinho GaĂșcho: the best footballer in the world. In declarations that could be either interpreted as commendable prudence or outright jealousy, PelĂ© was economical with his praise.

"Right now he may be the best in the world, but Brazil produces a lot of great players. We shouldn't forget athletes like Zico, SĂłcrates and FalcĂŁo. RomĂĄrio was fantastic when he played in Spain (Barcelona / Valencia) and Holland (PSV Eindhoven). These are phases. He's been giving us a lot of happiness with his play recently, but we need more time to decide", commented the King.

Marco Antonio Parizotto, a marketing exec responsible for exploiting the Pelé trademark over the next 40 years, was rather too scathing in his attempt to raise 'O Rei' by giving Ronaldinho a rather undeserved kick in his pearly whites. "As soon as Ronaldinho stops playing the whole world will forget him. Pelé is a myth, even 30 years later" the rather aggressive suit blared to local reporters.

Pelé seems to have (unwittingly?) used the current Ronaldinho frenzy to pump his own financial interests. After all, the objective of the partnership of the 'athlete of the 20th century' with Parizotto's 'Prime Licenciamentos e ParticipaçÔes' (the name of the marketing firm) is to exploit the pulling power of Pelé as the genuine Brazilian number 10 of all time.

Highlighting the glaringly obvious point rather unnecessarily, Parizotto lashed out again. "Pelé is the owner of the number 10. Before him it was just a number. Businesses will have to bow down to the fact. Thanks to Pelé, the number 10 is used by the best in the world today." Although crude, rude and driven by lust for lucre, perhaps the yuppie has a point behind all the snarling.

Ronaldinho has only really been at the forefront of football for two years. Despite forming part of the 2002 World Cup winning seleção, Dinho took a back seat to both Ronaldo and Rivaldo. At PSG he marvelled from time to time, but was criticised by many as a 'jongleur' (juggler) rather than a decisive, objective player. Even at Barça his first six months were a let down for some still stinging at Madrid's "robbery" of Beckham - let's not forget that Ronaldinho was Joan Laporta's 'Plan B'.

So it's only really been since January 2004 that Ronaldinho has managed to hone his game to a level where he strikes a mix of fear, awe and respect into all adversaries honest enough to admit it. In other words: coming up to 24 months at the top. To already put him shoulder-to-shoulder with either PelĂ© or Maradona does seem rash in this light - the GaĂșcho is just getting started in comparison.

The number 10 is more associated with Diego or Edson due to the cumulative decades they spent wowing football fans all over the world and the truckloads of trophies they helped haul in for their clubs and countries. Ronaldinho missed the GrĂȘmio golden age, was a novelty in a PSG overshadowed by Monaco and Olympique Lyon, and may be about to fill Camp Nou's trophy room to the brim, but has only bagged a single piece of silverware in the 'Ciutat Condal' to date.

Then again, who can deny that in today's globalised context Ronaldinho is even more closely associated with number 10 by millions who never even saw Maradona or Pelé so much as touch a ball (the above photo excepted)? Every breathtaking move he makes is repeated across the world, every goal lovingly replayed in hundreds of countries, commented on in dozens of languages.

PelĂ© started in the days when football was recorded in shaky black-and-white celluloid; Diego was fizzling out on white powder when the internet was still a geeky baby; Ronaldinho GaĂșcho is entering his prime in a time of ADSL lines, digital photography, multiple camera angle cable channels, hi-definition TV, phones with built-in mpeg cameras and an internet that spans the globe to include hundreds of millions of people.

It's no wonder that Ronaldinho's got a higher profile given our media-saturated modern life. Not to mention money. Whereas Pelé's magic was remunerated appallingly and Maradona's earnings would pale into insignificance compared to mediocre modern professionals, Ronaldinho - in common with other modern-day sports stars - earns more money that he could spend in a lifetime. Pelé, on the other hand, is still grafting away almost 30 years after retiring from the pitch.

That brings us back to Pelé. Is he suffering from 'dor de cotovelo' (literally elbow pain; but meaning jealousy) about the fact that Ronaldinho has already amassed a fortune whereas he's having to consort with people like Parizotto despite playing sublime football for almost two decades at the highest level? Or is he right: are we prematurely going beyond his current status and deifying Ronaldinho before time?

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2005, 11:07:30 PM »
this is a fun discussion but really....only time will tell

until then you hadda just say he showing that he have the potential to be a legend

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2005, 11:14:28 PM »

Your doubting Ronaldinho's ability to come through in the clutch is also reasonable, because he hasn't had the high profile clutch plays that Zidane has.......you were fine up to there

But then when you audaciously claim that Ronaldinho chokes in big situations, and can't give an example....you relegate yourself to the loud mouth on the street corner....there is no need to fabricate or make false claims about Ronaldinho to prove Zidane's worth.....the world knows Zidane is the best (or one of)....

You don't know me, so you can't claim to know anything about my knowledge of Zidane and what he produces....and this isn't about you and me 'cause I don't know you either....... it's about you not being able to put your money where your mouth is,..........so making incorrect assumptions about my knowledge of football and commenting on my Madrid logo, apart from immature, is also unwarranted and besides the point.........

I was never doubting your knowledge on Zidane, i was telling you to tell me when Ronaldinho produced and i did see him choke in crunch and hopefully i'll be able to find someone who did too and who recalls the game. You just screwed up my words in saying that i said how he chokes inbig situatonsbecause i said i saw him do it in a game or 2 last season.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2005, 11:16:43 PM »

Chelsea vs Barcelona, he got a free kick late in the game from close range and hit into the wall i think. Tell me if you can't remember that.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2005, 11:28:46 PM »

Chelsea vs Barcelona, he got a free kick late in the game from close range and hit into the wall i think. Tell me if you can't remember that.

hey take win................Ronaldinho has choked in big situations......fine

It's a stupid argument because I don't consider hitting the wall on a freekick late in a game to be a choke anyway........ Zidane scored a big free kick in the Euro 2004, but I wouldn't have considered it a choke if he didn't score....and I wouldn't doubt if Zidane has missed free kicks at crucial situations.....

Zidane is a clutch player........we all agree but trying to recall one or two instances where Ronaldinho missed a freekick late in a game, and comparing it to some big moments for Zizou is a fairly biased and narrow comparison of the two players' abilities.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 11:33:17 PM by kicker »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2005, 11:43:47 PM »

hey take win................Ronaldinho has choked in big situations......fine

It's a stupid argument because I don't consider hitting the wall on a freekick late in a game to be a choke anyway........ Zidane scored a big free kick in the Euro 2004, but I wouldn't have considered it a choke if he didn't score....and I wouldn't doubt if Zidane has missed free kicks at crucial situations.....

Zidane is a clutch player........we all agree but trying to recall one or two instances where Ronaldinho missed a freekick late in a game, and comparing it to some big moments for Zizou is a fairly narrow comparison of the two players' abilities.

Didn't Barcelona lose to Chelsea on aggregate in the match rated as the final before the final????? All this because i said i'd pick Zidane instead of Ronaldinho in crunch time and i said this, judging from what i have seen.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2005, 11:47:30 PM »
Ok Ok Ok, I is a man who doh generally like to get involved in personal wars based on opinions of players, but if allyuh men want to put Ronaldinho on the same level as Maradona and Pele, above Zidane, allyuh hadda be mad.
I aint goh lie, Ronaldinho is perhaps the most exciting and destructive and flair player in the world today....He is a terror for any team, he have real pace and strength, maybe more than Zidane ever had, perhaps even more of an eye for flair too....
But he doesnt have Zidane's magic touch, his vision, his ability to make a team VERY DANGEROUS by pulling the strings and picking out players, kinda like a bionic Latas.
Then Zidane than take the game on by himself in individual bursts of brialliance that I have not seen Ronaldinho do.
When last u see a man run thrugh the 2 last stoppers and try to roly poly the keeper (although he end up missing)?
The reaosn why allyuh doh rate Zidane is because he so damn good.
He so good, he makes what he does look easy, like sunday evening skillsing.
He does handle that centre midfield position like is small goal he playing, turning up men at will, what we all try to do in a small goal sweat, only he does it week in, week out agasint the best in the world.
Dont forget the man only un-retire the odda day and almost single handedly pull France out of a hole and qualify for a WC (sounds familiar?)
Jus watch some of these clips, I need say no more.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/35522/zinedine_zidane/

Ronaldinho Gaucho have a very very far way again to go....

And jus as lagniappe, check out the Champions League Winning goal in 2002....
http://www.zidanezone.com/zz/videos2.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:15:25 AM by Trini »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 28, 2005, 12:25:54 AM »
wayyyyyyyy look at rollie pollie

but Trini yuh talk good sense they
the things Zidane does do he does make it look so easy
the little flicks and the fact that the man have the most balance ever
it real hard to get the ball from him or throw him down

also is uncanny abillity to take 2 and 3 defenders with him and split them all with one pass

I think to when it comes to vision he leading the pack over all of them
I remember ah time for France the an carry 3 defenders to the line and everybdody thinking well what he go do now cause they have him covered
the man magically backheels the ball to the striker
The commentator go bawl "You think Zidane gets butterflies before a game?"

Més que un club.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2005, 05:36:02 AM »
Madird v Barca 2004(Bernabeu) Ronaldinho scoops the ball over the Madrid defense for Xavi to redirect into goal. The score was level with minutes to go.

Barca v AC Milan (Nou Camp)  Minutes to go Ronaldinho spanners and beats Nesta and Maldini in one and blasts a bullet up in the gyep nest.

Madrid v Barca 2005  (Bernabeu) Ronaldinho scores a freekick that ensures that Barcelona could not lose Real Madrid in Head to Head. They lost game yeah but Ronaldinho had to score that goal

Chelsea v Barca (Stamford Bridge) Barcelona 3-0 down in the first half. Ronaldinho single handedly takes the game to Chelsea and scores 2 goals including one of the best toepees yuh could ever see. Ronaldinho created several chances for Eto'o to score but he couldn't convert.

A host of important goals scored for PSG

Penalties for Brazil in the last 10 minutes (Well you're expected to score those)

Betis v Barcelona Ronaldinho scores 2 free kicks after coming off the bench in tied game in the last ten minutes of the game.

I can't remember more right now but there are . Fatz talk about Ronaldinho hitting the wall in a freekick is total shit and a completely worthless point.  I'm sure that if you ask any defender in the world who they'd prefer to mark they'll say Zidane. Ronaldinho is pure hell if you are defender. I think Ronaldinho is better.  Zidane in his prime was very good but just think that Ronaldinho is probably only half way there. Zidane is a big player and I've said once and I'll say it again big players step up in big matches. Yeah the man score against England twice with minutes to go but to base your arguement on that alone is completely asinine. Beckham scored plenty of important goals for Man U and England would you even say Beckham has 10% of the quality of Zidane and Ronaldinho.

Please get some old tapes and watch Zidane play and then compare him to Ronaldinho. At WC 98 was Zidane really the star ? Just look at a 22 year old Ronaldinho in WC 02 with men like Ronaldo and Rivaldo on his side looking like he playing World Cup everyday or something.  Think back to when Rivaldo was at Barca. Can we really say that Zidane was decidedly better than Rivaldo ? Zidane is a much more orthodoxed player than Ronaldinho yeah but look at the way Ronaldinho just totally devastes defenses and then come and me about Zidane. 

I heard somebody talking about Ronaldinho's passing. I would invite those people to view the some the goals he has created out nothing with almost no space and then tell me about Zidane. The man just stands up and see space that you and I with an excellent view of the field throught the TV can't see. I have nothing against Zidane but in my opinion Ronaldinho is more talented than him.

I just hope the man doesn't get some kinda career threatening injury. If you love football just take in Ronaldinho.

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2005, 05:52:30 AM »
I would rather watch a game of Ronaldinho than five games of Zidane!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2005, 08:50:11 AM »
ITALY vs BRAZIL in de quarterfinals in germany!

after that game next year, dat man going and eat he words!!

U really feel Italy gettin past T&T?

we go be in one a d nex quarterfinals tnt england who we go beat 3-2

Yea we guh be in ah Differnt Quater Final!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2005, 09:09:32 AM »
He has not been significantly responsible for a WC victory yet. The Brazillian victory in '02 was mostly atributable to Ronaldo and Rivaldo. If he is the star of this world cup then we can start talking.

horse he responsible for d win against england
dey were losin dat game if it wasn't for him
Ronnie is alrady one a d greatest ever
if he retire tom he will always be remembered
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>