May 23, 2024, 04:36:23 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2009-10 Thread  (Read 55019 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2009-10 Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
He gunning to be the  best shooting guard in the league . ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:50:34 PM by Quags »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP)
Washington Wizards star Gilbert Arenas says he took unloaded guns from his locker in a "misguided effort to play a joke" on a teammate.

Arenas released a written statement Monday after meeting with law enforcement officials. And Arenas' lawyer says the player voluntarily met with prosecutors and detectives and answered every question during a two-hour interview.

In his statement, Arenas repeated his earlier assertion that he brought four guns to the Verizon Center to store in his locker in order to get them out of his house and away from his children. He said he mistakenly believed that recent changes in D.C. law made it legal for him to store unloaded guns there.

Arenas said he took the unloaded guns out of his locker on Dec. 21 "in a misguided effort to play a joke on a teammate." He denied threatening or assaulting anyone. The New York Post has reported that Arenas and teammate Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other.

"Joke or not, I now recognize that what I did was a mistake and was wrong," Arenas said. "I should not have brought the guns to DC in the first place, and I now realize that there's no such thing as joking around when it comes to guns - even if unloaded."

Two officials within the league who have been briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Saturday that the incident stemmed from a dispute over card-playing gambling debts and a heated discussion in the locker room.

The other player involved is Javaris Crittenton. His agent, Mark Bartelstein, said earlier Monday that his client did nothing wrong.

It was unclear whether Crittenton also planned to meet with authorities about the incArenas also apologized for his actions in the statement.

"I am very sorry for the effect that my serious lapse in judgment has had on my team, my teammates, the National Basketball Association and its fans," Arenas said. "I want to apologize to everybody for letting them down with my conduct, and I promise to do better in the future."

NBA commissioner David Stern likely will wait until the legal process is complete before handing down ident. His lawyer, Peter White, is on vacation and said he would not be at any meetings Monday or Tuesday. penalties, but he could rule on Arenas now since league rules were broken in that instance.

At the NBA's request, the firearms language was bolstered during collective bargaining in 2005. Players are subject to discipline if they bring guns to the arena or practice facility, or even an offsite promotional appearance.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NBA suspends Gilbert Arenas indefinitely
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
NBA suspends Gilbert Arenas indefinitely
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/01/arenas-is-suspended.html?hpid=artslot

NBA Commissioner David Stern on Wednesday suspended Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas indefinitely, calling the three-time all-star "not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game." Arenas admitted to bringing four unloaded guns to Verizon Center, which violates D.C. gun laws and league rules that prohibit weapons in NBA facilities.

In a scathing statement, Stern condemned Arenas's behavior after it was revealed that he got into a dispute with teammate Javaris Crittenton involving guns.

"The possession of firearms by an NBA player in an NBA arena is a matter of the utmost concern to us. I initially thought it prudent to refrain from taking immediate action because of the pendency of a criminal investigation involving the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia and the Metropolitan Police Department, and the consideration of this matter by a grand jury sitting in the District of Columbia. For the same reason, I directed the Wizards to refrain from taking any action. Wizards personnel continue to be interviewed by law enforcement authorities, some are scheduled for appearance before the grand jury and the investigation is proceeding with the intensity that one would expect for such a serious incident."

"Although it is clear that the actions of Mr. Arenas will ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse, his ongoing conduct has led me to conclude that he is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game. Accordingly, I am suspending Mr. Arenas indefinitely, without pay, effective immediately pending the completion of the investigation by the NBA."

The Wizards supported the decision in a statement in which the team criticized Arenas's behavior and that of his teammates before playing the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night. As the team prepared for the game, the players circled Arenas, who formed his fingers into pretend guns and acted as if he were shooting his teammates. His teammates laughed.

"We fully endorse the decision of the NBA to indefinitely suspend Gilbert Arenas. Strictly legal issues aside, Gilbert's recent behavior and statements, including his actions and statements last night in Philadelphia, are unacceptable," the statement read. "Some of our other players appeared to find Gilbert's behavior in Philadelphia amusing. This is also unacceptable. Under Abe Pollin's leadership, our organization never tolerated such behavior, and we have no intention of ever doing so."
By Michael Lee  |  January 6, 2010; 4:45 PM ET
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »
Channel surfin bounce up LA V Cleveland. There end the search 4 2nite.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
2010 NBA ALL-STARS

EAST

Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 2,549,693; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 1,978,116
Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 2,327,550; Allen Iverson (Phi) 1,269,568
Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 2,360,096

WEST

Forwards: Carmelo Anthony (Den) 2,137,560; Tim Duncan (SA) 1,156,696
Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 2,456,224; Steve Nash (Pho) 1,222,235
Centers: Amar'e Stoudemire (Pho) 1,824,093

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
2010 NBA ALL-STARS

EAST

Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 2,549,693; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 1,978,116
Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 2,327,550; Allen Iverson (Phi) 1,269,568
Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 2,360,096

WEST

Forwards: Carmelo Anthony (Den) 2,137,560; Tim Duncan (SA) 1,156,696
Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 2,456,224; Steve Nash (Pho) 1,222,235
Centers: Amar'e Stoudemire (Pho) 1,824,093

Love AI but thats bullshit from the fans.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »
Barataria yuh c d game v Boston? Kobe in dey pweefeennnnnnnnn

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »

How yuh mean guyl?  Dat was meh Sunday treat!  Ah had some wuk to do, ah mash it up by noon, run some errands, back in de house by 2.30pm. went down in de basement w/meh sunday lunch and some coconut water.

Tweet, game start, dem boys start nice, but as one commentator pointed out, dey wanted to do a Foreman on Boston, one knock out punch and call dat George.  Anyway, Kobe missin shot after shot, but de main one count, wap wap, Lakers win anodder.  We mus fire one virtually and all when we mash up de dance in June again  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

How yuh mean guyl?  Dat was meh Sunday treat!  Ah had some wuk to do, ah mash it up by noon, run some errands, back in de house by 2.30pm. went down in de basement w/meh sunday lunch and some coconut water.

Tweet, game start, dem boys start nice, but as one commentator pointed out, dey wanted to do a Foreman on Boston, one knock out punch and call dat George.  Anyway, Kobe missin shot after shot, but de main one count, wap wap, Lakers win anodder.  We mus fire one virtually and all when we mash up de dance in June again  ;D

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »
well my favourite team just acquired one of my favourite players.  Six years ago I woulda be real excited about this move.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »
well my favourite team just acquired one of my favourite players.  Six years ago I woulda be real excited about this move.

NY sufferin from d way d treated Ewing dey payin 4 dat injustice. Only liked dem when Riley was d coach.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:40 PM »
For years, people have been asking what the Cleveland Cavaliers could do for LeBron James.

Of course, people like me have spent the years since insisting that James – now in his seventh pro season – has absolutely nothing around him.
Meanwhile, the general manager, Danny Ferry, keeps adding players. Once the coach, Mike Brown, puts recently acquired Antawn Jamison in the starting lineup, James’ fellow starters will include Shaquille O’Neal, Jamison, Mo Williams and Anthony Parker – a future Hall of Famer and two other former All-Stars. Delonte West and Anderson Varejao come off the bench. Leon Powe will soon come back from injury. And Ilgauskas is expected to return from salary cap limbo. Not only does this roster give the Cavaliers more of a defensive presence than ever, but they’re also excellent from long distance, trailing the league’s best three-point shooting team, Phoenix, by just two-tenths of a percent.

In other words, this one, this season, is on LeBron James.

I’m not arguing his legacy depends on the Cavs beating a team I presume to be the Lakers. But I am saying he needs to come away from the Finals with three or four wins. If not, what was all the fuss about?

This is the most intensely coveted player of all time. Teams like the Knicks have devoted almost three seasons to the sole purpose of freeing cap space to woo James. It’s an embarrassing state of affairs for the league. Still, you wonder: Who gives him a better chance to win than his hometown Cavaliers?

“We’re a no-excuse team,” he said after a controversial non-call three years ago in the Detroit series. He said the same thing leading up to the 2008 Olympics, “We got to be a 'no-excuse' team.” The theme doesn’t change now.

For the first time in a couple of seasons, the Cavs have lost three in a row. Obviously, this has more to do with integrating Jamison than with James, who’s only averaging 33 points, 8 boards and 10 assists through this same stretch. The Cavs, now tied in the loss column with the Lakers, still have the league’s best record.

Then again, they won a league-best 66 games last year – only to be upset by Orlando in the conference finals. Even with the return of point guard Jameer Nelson, I don’t think the Magic is as good as last year. I like an offense that goes through Hedo Turkoglu more than an offense with Vince Carter.

Either way, by adding Parker, Powe, Shaq and Jamison, Cleveland has done more than Orlando. It takes time to blend talent, especially when it’s acquired right before the trading deadline. But time is one commodity the NBA season grants in abundance.

What’s more, Cleveland has another advantage in James. It’s his ball, his team and his responsibility. Michael Jordan won a title in his seventh season. It's not too much to ask James for a few games in June.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:21 PM »
LA V MIAMI I cin it on Space. U go 2 take it where u can.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
Weary, time to sacrifice a chicken or someting, we eh lookin too good, though of course, ah neva give up on meh side...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »
What going on with Lebron?  the man sit out 3 game in a row to rest for the playoffs.  No injury nothing.  He just in street clothes liming.

Imagine you spend all that money weeks ago to go see Lebron.  Maybe even buy tix for the whole fam.  I never hear bout Jordan or Magic or Bird doing something like that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »
Weary, time to sacrifice a chicken or someting, we eh lookin too good, though of course, ah neva give up on meh side...

Doh do d obeah ting but I goin down wit meh bois.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2010, 07:05:40 AM »
Durant becomes NBA's youngest scoring champ

OKLAHOMA CITY(AP) Kevin Durant earned himself a place in NBA history. Without a trip to the playoffs, too, it would be nearly as special.

Durant scored 31 points to finish the season as the youngest NBA scoring champion, and the Oklahoma City Thunder survived a sloppy second half to head into the postseason with a 114-105 win Wednesday night against the Memphis Grizzlies .

''It's something I really wasn't coming into the year saying I wanted to get but it feels good to be a part of history and something I'm going to always remember,'' Durant said. ''It feels even better to get 50 wins.''
Durant had the scoring title all but locked up after a late-season surge that included three 40-point games in April. It became a certainty when Cleveland decided to rest reigning MVP LeBron James , the only player with even an outside shot at catching Durant.

The 21-year-old finished with an average of 30.1 points, 0.4 ahead of James, and supplanted 22-year-old Max Zaslofsky of the 1947-48 Chicago Stags as the youngest scoring champ in NBA history.

''I love Kevin Durant . I love what he's about,'' Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. ''The guy is pretty amazing, that he's able to handle himself at such a young age.

''This is the only time I will say that he's young. He's 21 years old but he handles himself with such class and respect for the game, and he's a great teammate.''

Oklahoma City strayed from the league-wide trend of resting stars, even with nothing to gain but the momentum lost while dropping four of their previous five games. James, the Lakers' Kobe Bryant , Miami's Dwyane Wade and Boston's ''Big Three'' of Kevin Garnett , Ray Allen and Paul Pierce all took to the bench to finish the season. Even San Antonio - which had room to gain in the West standings - played without Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili .

Durant joined three other Oklahoma City starters in playing all 82 games this season, and he eclipsed 30 points for the 47th time this season.

''Thirty points is a monster game. My career-high was only 23 and that was two games combined,'' said Brooks, who actually once scored 23 in a single game.

''That's the beauty of his game. He makes it look easy, and I think all the great scorers do that. Kevin's not just focused on scoring. ... He does the little things that helped us get the wins that we've gotten this year.''
After a 27-win improvement that's one of the biggest in NBA history, Oklahoma City will meet the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the playoffs.

Rudy Gay scored 25 points and Zach Randolph had 21 points and 11 rebounds for his 57th double-double of the season as the Grizzlies lost for the ninth time in their final 11 games. Memphis had the second-biggest turnaround in the league - increasing its win total by 16 - but fell just shy of .500 at 40-42.
The teams started the season as the two youngest in the NBA.

''Every team in the West won 50 games to make the playoffs. We won 40,'' coach Lionel Hollins said. ''So we've got some games to go to get up there to where we need to be in order to be in the playoffs. But I'm happy with our growth, I'm happy with the individual growth and it's over now and we move forward to next year.''
With Durant and the rest of the healthy starters in the lineup, the Thunder seemed to be putting on a show in front of their 28th sellout crowd of the season at the Ford Center - at least for a half.

Then Oklahoma City had to finish strong after letting a 27-point lead dwindle to 97-91 in the final 7 minutes. Brooks finally pulled his starters with under 2 minutes left after an 8-2 run sealed the victory.
The players walked onto the court and waved to the crowd in appreciation after the final horn sounded.
''At this time, we were ready to go home last year and enjoy our summers. It feels good to come here and be a winning program,'' Durant said. ''It was a huge turnaround for us, especially since we kept everybody and just gained a couple rookies. We didn't make a big trade, we didn't get two All-Stars or whatever.

''We kept everybody and we just continued to work.''

NOTES: Oklahoma City PG Russell Westbrook , who had his first assist-free game of the season on Monday night against Portland, also had zero in the first quarter before racking up five in the final 6 minutes of the first half. ... The Thunder recalled C Byron Mullens and G Mustafa Shakur from the D-League prior to the game, but only Mullens was on the active roster. ... Oklahoma City sold out its final 11 home games.

Location: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2010/04/14/27668_recap.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2010, 07:46:40 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

Yeah, praise and thanks Bynum back, did not look like he missed 13 games, we still have some ways to go to regain the fluidity that we had mid/early season, but this is LA, no script to how it is done, 1 game at a time.  If we make it all the way will try to make at least one playoffs final game, need to work some contacts

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

Yeah, praise and thanks Bynum back, did not look like he missed 13 games, we still have some ways to go to regain the fluidity that we had mid/early season, but this is LA, no script to how it is done, 1 game at a time.  If we make it all the way will try to make at least one playoffs final game, need to work some contacts

puh -leeze kooby and dem barely beat up on some 20 year olds from okc

de 2 ah allyuh and jack nicholson go be golfin early dis year :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2010, 04:46:05 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

playoffs is not the same without Capo predictions.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

playoffs is not the same without Capo predictions.

ENTTTTTTTTTT

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

:rotfl:  awrite dutty, who laugh last laugh best  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2010, 06:41:04 AM »
OK SERIOUS BUZINESS

GAME 1 LA

:rotfl:  awrite dutty, who laugh last laugh best  :devil:

Deal wit him 4 me pls

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »
Game 2 LA barely

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2010, 11:08:08 AM »
wham?? how come I eh hearin allyuh singing sonnets to kooby an dem?? :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »

fuh de same reason yuh not hearing nutten bad being said about Vinsanity...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2010, 12:22:25 PM »

fuh de same reason yuh not hearing nutten bad being said about Vinsanity...

vin-who?...oh yuh mean de fellah dat went from being the most popular player in de world to commin off de bench? he go choke too,jus a matter of time

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
vin-who?...oh yuh mean de fellah dat went from being the most popular player in de world to commin off de bench? he go choke too,jus a matter of time

Nutten wrong wid coming off the bench to help a contender to a title... especially not when yuh's done 33-34 years old.  Besides, last I checked he still starting and contributing... as I read in a great quote today "haterism is never logical."

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

Nutten wrong wid coming off the bench to help a contender to a title... especially not when yuh's done 33-34 years old.  Besides, last I checked he still starting and contributing... as I read in a great quote today "haterism is never logical."
Crash and burn watch .And not just this playoffs but the whole magic franchise ! Hes like the whore of Babylon lol. watch watch by next year .
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:02:34 PM by Quags »

1]; } ?>