April 19, 2024, 08:18:43 PM

Author Topic: Spurs set sights on Hyland  (Read 15627 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Spurs set sights on Hyland
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:17 AM »
My concern with England is that the English game isn't very kind to shifty midfield players, they tend to draw a lot of fouls and little protection from the refs.

But Hyland is more in the Gerrard and Lampard role, a complete midfield player rather than an out and out creative midfielder or hard tackling defensive mid.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 07:51:11 AM »
My concern with England is that the English game isn't very kind to shifty midfield players, they tend to draw a lot of fouls and little protection from the refs.

But Hyland is more in the Gerrard and Lampard role, a complete midfield player rather than an out and out creative midfielder or hard tackling defensive mid.

To be honest I don't know that much about his game, what little I know is from his turn outs with the national team, since I don't follow the Pro League and since all I know from his game in Belgium is what's posted here.  I see him more in the mold of a Latas than a Lampard, but I could be wrong.

If he's not being asked to fill a creative role, but rather a holding or defensive role then England may not be any worse than Italy... although I still think the English game overall would be more detrimental to his long term health.  Love the EPL but they need to clean it up some more.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:52:43 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »
I don't think Spurs is the right move for him... he'll get a chance to "develop" where... on the practice field?  Championship ball?

The money might be nicer in the short term as Prem squads are loaded with cash... but if this Mr. Davies really thinking long term the Italy move might make a whole lot more sense.

I concur with the Italy conclusion. Serie A is a vast spread, but in principle I agree.

To Hyland: Belated b'day greetings.

If by "a vast spread" you mean the lack of parity from top to bottom I wholeheartedly agree... I think Serie A is more to his natural talents I think.  My concern with England is that the English game isn't very kind to shifty midfield players, they tend to draw a lot of fouls and little protection from the refs.

Precisely what I meant. And, that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it could be used to one's advantage in bulding a career.

Here's a question for anybody: what team would be Spurs' equivalent in Serie A?

The reference by Spidey to  Silvio Spann is interesting. What does that say for the future of our soccer? And, how does it gel with the experience of a player like Cristian Zapata?

i agree that the serie A would be a better move for him at this point in time, the Italian league has given many "unknown" talents an opportunity to show their skills. i believe the epl move would only benefit his agent more than it would him, but football is a funny game so we never know how things will play out but all in all i wish him the best and i will support him wherever he goes.

I share this perspective.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »
How could you see hyland in more of a latas role? Hyland more lampard cause he does tackle and cover a wider range on the pitch. Plus he could tackle
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
Yeah, I agree. Hyland eh Latas.

he has soem nice skills, but definitely wouldn't call him shifty.

I don't remember being particularly quick either. But he appears to have a nice touch and really good composure on the ball.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »
I don't think Spurs is the right move for him... he'll get a chance to "develop" where... on the practice field?  Championship ball?

The money might be nicer in the short term as Prem squads are loaded with cash... but if this Mr. Davies really thinking long term the Italy move might make a whole lot more sense.

I concur with the Italy conclusion. Serie A is a vast spread, but in principle I agree.

To Hyland: Belated b'day greetings.

If by "a vast spread" you mean the lack of parity from top to bottom I wholeheartedly agree... I think Serie A is more to his natural talents I think.  My concern with England is that the English game isn't very kind to shifty midfield players, they tend to draw a lot of fouls and little protection from the refs.

Precisely what I meant. And, that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it could be used to one's advantage in bulding a career.

Here's a question for anybody: what team would be Spurs' equivalent in Serie A?

The reference by Spidey to  Silvio Spann is interesting. What does that say for the future of our soccer? And, how does it gel with the experience of a player like Cristian Zapata?

i agree that the serie A would be a better move for him at this point in time, the Italian league has given many "unknown" talents an opportunity to show their skills. i believe the epl move would only benefit his agent more than it would him, but football is a funny game so we never know how things will play out but all in all i wish him the best and i will support him wherever he goes.

I share this perspective.

Spurs equivalent in Serie A at the moment id say sampdoria/fiorentina/napoli

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:14 PM »
Hyland set for Italy switch
Tottenham set to miss out on midfielder

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6201657,00.html

Skysports.com understands Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Khaleem Hyland is poised for a move to Italy.

An unnamed Serie A club are believed to be close to tabling a bid for the highly-rated 20-year-old.

Hyland came close to moving to England with Portsmouth a couple of years ago, but the move fell through because of work permit problems.

Hyland has been plying his trade in Belgium for Zulte Waregem for the past 18 months and his performances have attracted the interest of a host of clubs.

Tottenham are believed to be monitoring Hyland's situation, but they could miss out on the player with his Italian suitors ready to steal a march on their rivals by luring him to Serie A.

Hyland's agent, Steve Davies, has confirmed the player could be set for a move to Italy.

Options

"A club in Italy have stepped up their interest in Khaleem and he could be on his way to Serie A," Davies told skysports.com.

"A number of sides have expressed an interest in Khaleem, but the Italian side are at the head of the queue.

"I have been in hospital having surgery so my partner Gerald Harrington has been dealing with everything and we believe the club are ready to make an offer to Zulte Waregem next Monday.

"Khaleem is currently flying back to Belgium from Trinidad & Tobago and then we will sit down and discuss his options before going out to Italy next week if everything goes to plan."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 04:08:41 PM »
hmmmm...ah hope is juve...our director marotta say it gonna have some surprise signings that were never ever mentioned in rumours....but...i doubt it..

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 07:50:49 AM »
Excelent news.....I always said that I had wished Yorke had gone to Italy rather then Aston Villa. I belive that Italy will help to develop our players better as our style is more skillful as opposed to the rugged style that you get in England.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010, 10:25:09 AM »
Excelent news.....I always said that I had wished Yorke had gone to Italy rather then Aston Villa. I belive that Italy will help to develop our players better as our style is more skillful as opposed to the rugged style that you get in England.
:rotfl: :rotfl:  me do know why our players does make dem choices nah   :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »
Who could this team be, any guesses?  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
Who could this team be, any guesses?  ???

lol my 3 wild guesses r....Juve,Sampdoria,Palermo

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »

1. One of the top ten goal scorers in the history of the Premier League
2. Top Scorer in the Champions League in '99
3. Lead marksman for the biggest club in world football in 1999 and 2000
4. Aston Villa Legend

and u still wish he went to italy instead??

lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

4. Aston Villa Legend

lol

ah love it!!

ENTTTTTTTTTTTT  :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

4. Aston Villa Legend

lol

ah love it!!

Yes I do....

I belive that his style of play before he went to England was better and another league like Italy would have embrased his skill and enhansed it.......not change it like they did in England

No disrespect to what he did in England but that is my point of view...it is a valid one and I will always stick to it.

C. Ronaldo and then fellas come nowhere close to him in the skill department. Them things he doing now Dwight was doing them ling time and was forced to change by the English coaches.

If you ever went a Intercol game and see the real Dwight Yorke play ball you would understand what I am talking about.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »

4. Aston Villa Legend

lol

ah love it!!

Yes I do....

I belive that his style of play before he went to England was better and another league like Italy would have embrased his skill and enhansed it.......not change it like they did in England

No disrespect to what he did in England but that is my point of view...it is a valid one and I will always stick to it.

C. Ronaldo and then fellas come nowhere close to him in the skill department. Them things he doing now Dwight was doing them ling time and was forced to change by the English coaches.

If you ever went a Intercol game and see the real Dwight Yorke play ball you would understand what I am talking about.

Bird in d hand....
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »

4. Aston Villa Legend

lol

ah love it!!

Yes I do....

Bird in d hand....
I hope this man not trying to compare what he saw Yorke doing at Intercol to what Yorke did at Man Utd!  ???

Why don't you personally make your suggestion to Yorke & see whether he kicks himself in regret for not going to Italy or laughs at you for giving him the joke of the day!
Try it please but please be wearing one of these :joker: when you approach him!   8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:51:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »

Bird in d hand....

That quote kinda funny when applied to Dwight cause u know he going to chase after d birds in d bush over d one in his hand ...especially if is two blonde chicks in the bush  :devil:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

Bird in d hand....

That quote kinda funny when applied to Dwight cause u know he going to chase after d birds in d bush over d one in his hand ...especially if is two blonde chicks in the bush  :devil:

:( BUT MIGHT B TRUE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »

Bird in d hand....

Blondes wit bush is a rare find dese days
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »

4. Aston Villa Legend

lol

ah love it!!

Yes I do....

Bird in d hand....
I hope this man not trying to compare what he saw Yorke doing at Intercol to what Yorke did at Man Utd!  ???

Why don't you personally make your suggestion to Yorke & see whether he kicks himself in regret for not going to Italy or laughs at you for giving him the joke of the day!
Try it please but please be wearing one of these :joker: when you approach him!   8)
No I am not...you missing the point..... I said

"No disrespect to what he did in England but that is my point of view..."

Please don't take one sentence and change the context of the entire conversation.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »
Sampdoria or Palermo
Hart for president

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
those are two good sides...i feel its palermo....zamparini aint likin the contract renewal demands of d aging centre mid liverani...so...

sampdoria wud be a good fit for him also...they have a neat passing game and like to spread the ball on the ground..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
Galatasaray'a sürpriz golcü geliyor!
Transfer çalışmalarını sürdüren Cimbom'da sürpriz bir isim gündeme geldi

Yeni sezon için hazırlıklarını sürdüren Galatasaray'ın, Trinidad Tobagolu bir futbolcuyu transfer etmek için harekete geçtiği iddia edildi.

Bonservisi Portsmouth'ta bulunan ve geçtiğimiz sezon Belçika Ligi ekiplerinden Zulte Waregem'de kiralık olarak forma giyen Khaleem Hyland 'ı takibe alan sarı-kırmızılılar, bu transferde oldukça zorlanacak gibi gözüküyor.

Zira, 21 yaşındaki Trinidad Tobagolu oyuncuyu İngiltere Premier Lig ekiplerinden Tottenham Hotspur'un da kadrosuna katmayı çok istediği bildirildi.

Khaleem Hyland'ın milli formayla 27 maçta 3 golü bulunuyor.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:30 PM »

Yeni sezon için hazırlıklarını sürdüren Galatasaray'ın, Trinidad Tobagolu bir futbolcuyu transfer etmek için harekete geçtiği iddia edildi.

Bonservisi Portsmouth'ta bulunan ve geçtiğimiz sezon Belçika Ligi ekiplerinden Zulte Waregem'de kiralık olarak forma giyen Khaleem Hyland 'ı takibe alan sarı-kırmızılılar, bu transferde oldukça zorlanacak gibi gözüküyor.

Zira, 21 yaşındaki Trinidad Tobagolu oyuncuyu İngiltere Premier Lig ekiplerinden Tottenham Hotspur'un da kadrosuna katmayı çok istediği bildirildi.

Hmmm Leh me go see if I figure out wtf this thing saying  :-\

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »

Hmmm Leh me go see if I figure out wtf this thing saying  :-\

Turkish to English translationShow romanization
Galatasaray striker is a surprise!
Continued to transfer a name that came up surprised Cimbom'da

Galatasaray's continued preparations for the new season, a Trinidadian football player to transfer to the act was alleged.

Portsmouth and the testimonials of the past season of Belgium Zulte League team who played on loan Waregem'de Khaleem Hyland 't follow the yellow-red area, the people seem to be very difficult in this transfer.

After all, the 21-year-old Trinidadian players from English Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur'un wanted very much to add to the team said.

With three goals in 27 national team matches Khaleem Hyland'ın has

Hmmm ok doh know how much more sense this makes  ???
Bottom like it sound like they ent sure about the transfer but Hyland is mentioned as a transfer target.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
Sounding like de transfer rumours now reach Turkey...
as Galatasaray was already rumoured to be interested
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »
Sounding like de transfer rumours now reach Turkey...
as Galatasaray was already rumoured to be interested

yea its already been said that 2bids from gala in the region of 2mil euro turned down for the summer already...Tottenham was next in line but now apparently Serie A club/clubs are the front runners for his signature

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
Turkey? Is now self he go never get call. Turkey doh be on TV.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2010, 03:59:56 AM »

Hyland unhappy with price tag
Belgians scare off Italians with £7million valuation

Khaleem Hyland's agent has accused Zulte Waregem of pricing him out of a move to Italy.

An unnamed Serie A club are believed to have tabled an offer for the Trinidad & Tobago midfielder.

The Italian side have held talks with Zulte, but have been scared off by the Belgian club's £7million valuation of the player.

Hyland's agent, Steve Davies, fears Zulte may be pricing the 20-year-old out of a dream move to Serie A with their valuation, but he remains a confident a deal can be struck.

"I am a bit surprised and disappointed that Zulte value Khaleem at £7million," Davies told skysports.com.

"Although Khaleem is a very good player and will prove a good investment I believe they are trying to price clubs out of a move for him.

"I am disappointed Zulte spoke to the Italian club as we have a verbal understanding that any negotiations will be done with me and me alone.

"I am also not too worried about the price-tag Zulte have on Khaleem as we have clauses in his contract.

"A lot of agents have been ringing me up about Khaleem but it is up to any interested club to contact Zulte and then they will contact me as we have a verbal agreement that they will tell me first if a club has come in for Khaleem and then we will sit down and discuss things."

1]; } ?>