April 26, 2024, 12:48:03 PM

Author Topic: Warriors suffer another humiliating defeat.  (Read 12817 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors suffer another humiliating defeat.
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:27 AM »
By: Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago national senior football team suffered another humiliating defeat this time to Panama as the Soca Warriors went down 3-0 to the Central Americans at the Rommel Fernandez Stadium in Panama on Tuesday.

Fresh from its 3-1 home defeat to the Reggae Boyz last month, T&T again started off the lackluster side and produced a terrible football display, especially in the first half.

Interim Panama coach Jorge Dely made no mistakes leaving many of his regular players on the bench, as he looked at new faces for next year's Central American Championship.

Jan-Michael Williams kept hope alive in the 9th minute as he saved a penalty which he caused when he brought down Edwin Aguilar in the box, after the striker beat T&T’s off-side trap.

However, Panama took the lead as early as the 14th  minute when striker Edwin Aguilar turned in the box beating Daneil Cyrus and Aklie Edwards while leaving goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams for dead as he placed his shot in the far corner of the net, 1-0 ...P-a-n-a-m-a.

There wasn't much action to report from T&T during the first half period, apart from a 16th minute Kern Cupid freekick which sailed over the bar; and some darting runs by one of T&T's hardworking midfielder Kevon Carter, who teamed up well with his Defence Force teammate Devon Jorsling.

Oh yeah... I almost forgot, Aklie Edward.  Of all the T&T players Aklie came the closest to a goal, an own goal. When late in the first half the leftback missed his own net by inches as he tried to clear a through pass from Aguilar to Torres on the flank. Credit to the leftback though, he did come to the rescue.

All was not done and dusted for Latapy's men though, as they started off the second half with a little more purposed and should have equalized in the 57th minute when Jones sent in a perfect cross from the left only for Marcano to head the ball high over bar.

In the end the Warriors were fruitless and had to settle for a 3-0 defeat from a side that has never beaten the Warriors by such a large margin. This was also the first time T&T have not scored a single goal in a game against Panama since 2001.

Evergreen striker Luis Tejada entered the match in the 67th minute and it took only eight minutes for him to find the back of the net when he scored from a defensive error in the 75th. Defender Roman Torres toyed with the T&T defense as they failed to clear the ball in the box before Tejada latched on to it and slapped his shot pass Phillip.

Gabriel Gomez closed the door on T&T from the penalty spot in the 87th as former U-20 defender Daneil Cyrus was wrongly accused for pushing one of the Panamanian attackers in the box. Cyrus was subsequently yellow carded while Gomez made no mistake this time with a cheap chip past Phillip.

In the 91st minute T&T would get one last chance at goal when Trent Noel almost knocked-out the Panamanian goalkeeper, José Calderón with a powerful free-kick, but that was all she wrote for the Warriors as they now move onto their next game against lowly 180th FIFA ranked - Belize. In spite of this below par performance, special mention should be made of Ataullah Guerra and debutant Joevin Jones, who both came in and made some positive contributions.

One can only now hope that after a string of dismal performances by the local contingent, Latapy will finally call in some US-based players to beef up his team (particularly the defense) in time for the Digicel Cup. Players such as Osei Telsford, Yohance Marshall, Julius James, Chris Birchall, Scott Sealy, locally based center-back Robert Primus and even UK based Andre Boucaud (who recently revealed his eagerness to return to the fold) are all viable options.

So far T&T is not playing with a game plan. There is no fluid passing whatsoever from this team and they are very disorganized in defense. Latapy, who stated that he intended on sticking with the same players after the Jamaica defeat last month and is of the notion that T&T can win the Digicel Cup with an all local squad; should reconsider his assessment or maybe T&T’s U-17 coach Pellerud could help sort things out.

As coach Latapy’s record stands at; 3 wins (St Kitts, El Salvador and Antigua), one draw against Mexico and eight losses. For the longest, the diminutive T&T coach has wanted the opportunity to see what level T&T is at. Those of us who cannot stomach another trashing can only hope he has gotten his answers by now. Onto Belize for a confidence booster or at least, we hope so. As fans were are not just focused on getting results, but we would also like to see some good organized and constructive football.

Teams

T&T: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams (1.Marvin Phillip 46th); 5.Kern Cupid, 19.Daneil Cyrus, 6.Keston Williams, 3.Aklie Edwards (14.Joevin Jones 46th); 8.Trent Noel, 10.Hayden Tinto, 18.Densil Theobald (Kareem Young 77th), 11.Kevon Carter (2.Ataullah Guerra 56th); 13.Jason Marcano (4.Kerry Baptiste 70th), 9.Devon Jorsling.

Coach: - Russell Latapy.

Panamá: - 18.José Calderón; 5.Román Torres (Nelson Barahona 88th), 13.Adolfo Machado, 4.Martín Gómez (Luis Henríquez 52nd), 2.Harold Cumings; 21.Amílcar Henríquez, 19.Ricardo Buitrago (Alberto Quintero 81st), 20.Eduardo Jiménez (Jairo Yao 67th), 14.Eybar Bonaga (6.Gabriel Gómez 60th); 23.Luis Rentería (18.Luis Tejada 67th), 9.Edwin Aguilar.

Coach: - Jorge Dely.

ATT: - 5,211.

Video: - Highlights.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:03:15 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors suffer another humiliating defeat.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:27 AM »

Trinidad and Tobago's Hyden Tinto, front, controls the ball under pressure from Panama's Eibyr Bonaga during a friendly soccer match in Panama City, Tuesday Sept. 7, 2010.

Panama's Martin Gomez (L) chases Trinidad and Tobago's Kevon Carter during their soccer friendly in Panama City September 7, 2010.

Panama's Amilcar Henriquez (21) and Eibyr Bonaga (R) look on as Trinidad and Tobago's Devon Jorsling falls during their soccer friendly in Panama City September 7, 2010.

Panama's Harold Cummings (C) runs with the ball as Trinidad and Tobago's Jason Marcano (R) chases him during their friendly soccer game in Panama City September 7, 2010.

Panama's Harold Cummings (L) fights for the ball with Trinidad and Tobago's Jason Marcano during their friendly soccer match in Panama City September 7, 2010.

Trinidad and Tobago's Kern Cupid, left, fights for the ball with Panama's Luis Tejada at a friendly soccer match in Panama City, Tuesday Sept. 7, 2010. Panama won 3-0.

Trinidad and Tobago's Kevon Carter, right, fights for the ball with Panama's Martin Gomez, left, during a friendly soccer match in Panama City, Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:18:15 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:52:44 AM »
shit sides get shit results.plain and simple

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »
No improvement then?
Lets hope RL can now switch to plan B.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 05:32:11 AM »
OK ..OK

STOP  playing de fittball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 05:42:03 AM »
No improvement then?

Which is??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 05:55:46 AM »
well I guess we all know Latas ain't lasting to long again.Jack just buying time before he raid Anil ministry.
On another note.Ah wonder if it is Latas picking dem shit teams?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »
Ok, Ok...I join the bandwaggon....

3-0 to Panama? I thought we supposed to be improving Latas? If we going to be conceding regularly, at least have we scoring, nah !!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 06:29:54 AM »
There is a ... problem.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:27 AM »
boss defending on da 2nd goal boys!

PANAMA CITY (AP)—Edwin Aguilar, Luis Tejada and Gabriel Gomez all scored to lead Panama past Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 in an international friendly Tuesday.

Interim Panama coach Jorge Dely left many of his regular players on the bench, looking at new faces for next year’s Central American championship.

Aguilar scored in the 13th and Tejada added his in the 75th. Gomez wrapped up the scoring on an 87th-minute penalty.

Panama drew 2-2 on Friday in a friendly with Costa Rica, one of the regional powers. Neither Panama nor Trinidad played at the World Cup in South Africa.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw</a>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:35:23 AM by Andre »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:52 AM »
I drop asleep half time....I couldn't force mehself to watch the licks.

But just before the half we start to knock the ball lil bit and we get a couple chances.

From reading Flex it seems we stepped it up a gear in the 2nd half ....but we collect 2.

Also to concede 2 penalty in a game with 2 different keeper is unacceptable.

Also to collect 3 from Panama is also unacceptable.

Now we know that the friendlies chosen were the right ones as dis is the level we are at.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:02 AM »
The second half was an improvement. Yuh could see they were playing to plan but final ball let them down as well as the defense (nothing new there).

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
Good article Flex... keep the pressure on Latapy and the TTFF... we aint standing for dis sh!t

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »
shit sides get shit results.plain and simple
\
can't polish shit

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
OK ..OK

STOP  playing de fittball

:rotfl:
No improvement then?

Which is??....

Whatever is not PLAN A

So I stop followin d thread and went in meh bed. This is what greetin meh this morning. 1-0 2 3-0 then 2 hear iz 2 penalties. LOUDESTT OF  STEUPSSSSSSS
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:50:10 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 07:45:38 AM »
The second half was an improvement. Yuh could see they were playing to plan but final ball let them down as well as the defense (nothing new there).

So if we defense eh getting better and we still not producing chances in the final part of the field, what are we working on in practice?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:50 AM »
I drop asleep half time....I couldn't force mehself to watch the licks.

But just before the half we start to knock the ball lil bit and we get a couple chances.

From reading Flex it seems we stepped it up a gear in the 2nd half ....but we collect 2.

Also to concede 2 penalty in a game with 2 different keeper is unacceptable.

Also to collect 3 from Panama is also unacceptable.

Now we know that the friendlies chosen were the right ones as dis is the level we are at.

you should be accustomed by now see us get beat  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:55 AM »

Wrong. This is clearly above our level. 3-nil is embarrassing licks at any level of football. We really need to work on our defending, but unfortunately the impression I am getting is that this isn't Latas' main focus. I want us to play a strong team, try to park the bus, and see how it turns out. It doh make sense trying to play a possession game if we don't have the technical ability to execute it. We kidding ourselves with this approach.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »

So if we defense eh getting better and we still not producing chances in the final part of the field, what are we working on in practice?

Go and watch we practice... is only old talk and lime... no intensity

doh talk for in front ah goal... not ah man finishing a one one one... and some men cyah even hit ah cow backside with a cuatro.

after seeing we train ah wasnt surprised at de jamaica result... after seeing the jamaica game ah ent surprised at this result... more licks to come... hold on tight
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline eyezahspy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:41 AM »
ummmm...why micah lewis not on this side again?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:36 AM »
bring back beenie

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »
I read Flex article and was expecting to watch a shamble show from Aklie Edwards in the clip but i find he was real unfair to single him out in the report like that based on what i saw in the highlights. Come on now, with that own goal talk... He defended his man very well to cut out the one-two but then he mis-kick the clearance over the bar.. I swear is some piece ah comedy that take place.

i find Panama first goal was an excellent goal and not faulting the defence on that one.

The second goal... a comedy of errors, i lose count of the amount of times the defence had a chance to clear the judgement ball.

The third goal was never a penalty.

Them attackers we have there not saying nothing, men getting in good positions and kicking all manner of powder puff and overbars.. steups

Latapy need to be held accountable, because we definitely not seeing progress.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
Wow! I guess the "fire Russell Lapaty" thread will be up front and centre soon.
jjbrown

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 09:35:08 AM »
I read Flex article and was expecting to watch a shamble show from Aklie Edwards in the clip but i find he was real unfair to single him out in the report like that based on what i saw in the highlights. Come on now, with that own goal talk... He defended his man very well to cut out the one-two but then he mis-kick the clearance over the bar.. I swear is some piece ah comedy that take place.

So why yuh think Aklie was sub at half time.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »
The ref seems to have "set his stalls out" and any TT defender touch the Panama forwards,they would go down and a penalty would be awarded,apart from the one sided ref TT played well enough and could have easily got 2 or even 3 goals,as usual bad defending caused both goals.I am not a Latapy fan for coach but I have to say that TT did not play all that badly ,the score did not reflect the full story of the game,I feel there was some definite improvement.I think we knocked the ball about quite well and played some OK possession at times,I wonder what a better coach can do with these same boys,time will tell but we dont have alot of that.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:36 AM »
They didn't play bad in the second half but they made too many errors and didnot take advantage of the chances they had. The first half T&T looked scrappy.

Latapy strategy is, to make teams come at them in the first half so they could get tired and then T&T step it up in the second half.

T&T defence let them down.

Jones looked good, he calm and made some good passes from the back, still very young and can only improve.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »
All we players need strength and conditioning....all.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »
Ok, Ok...I join the bandwaggon....

3-0 to Panama? I thought we supposed to be improving Latas? If we going to be conceding regularly, at least have we scoring, nah !!

Why exactly do you feel you have a god-given right to beat teams like Panama? Give credit to Panama, their level of play has improved significantly over the years

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
By: Inshan Mohammed.

Fresh from its 3-1 home defeat to the Reggae Boyz last month, T&T again started off the lackluster side and produced a terrible display football, especially in the first half.

Hey Flex, I think yuh need to swop the words I've highlighted in the 2nd paragraph around, shouldn't it read: football display ?

Otherwise good article!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »
I loved the flow in the second half,defensive lapses and we gave up 3 goals,I could not agree with either of the penalties but maybe I  am being partial
In the back of my mind I was saying this game deserved to be a tied game,then we gave up the second goal
You could tell there were a lot of jitters in the first half and then came the first goal,as soon as the defender allowed the ball to bounce in front of him rather than attacking it was over
I saw a lot of progress in the way Russell will like us to play in the second half,there were many accurate passes,we looked menacing and I am being serious,we were making 20 and 30 yard passes which went straight to the player it was intended for we weaved through the midfield with 7 to 9 passes I was impressed,we needed some shots on goal that was lacking and a goal which never came
I wonder if the defensive lapses were from not having a settled back line,as it appears we are still evolving in that third of the field,we have not played the last 3 to 4 games with the same backfield
Prof Latas keep doing your thing I now you will get right soon... :devil:

1]; } ?>