April 16, 2024, 03:33:12 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread  (Read 37994 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011 Play Offs Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »
I guess Chicago is not Boston...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »

Hope not
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2011, 08:46:08 PM »

Hope not

Send a tweet to Wade, Lebron and co, we waitin fuh dem by de chesapeake
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
Good win by Chicago, capitalizing on some poor play by Miami.  But in many ways this win was a mirage... and folks shouldn't be too quick to overreact.  Miami shot 3-8 from beyond the arc; Chicago was 10-20.  Seven made 3-pointers more=21 points.  Final score was 103-82... 21 points, not coincidentally.  The Heat can take heart because the Bulls are usually not a very good 3-point shooting team... so in that sense Chicago got hot tonight... fortune might not favor them in Game 2.

Next factor was the rebounding... Chicago had 31 second-chance points; Miami... 8.  They need to do a much better job rebounding the ball.  Chicago's defense gets a lot of press, but Miami actually shot 47% to Chicago's 43%.  The difference was clearly the extra shots that Chicago manufactured off their hustling on the boards.

All fixable issues for Miami, but they need to focus.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
de way bulls play tonite was deadly.ah still eh write off heat.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
deeks you wrong brother .. Miami didnt play poor chicago defence cause miami to play poor.. gave jack he jacket man ... Bulls defence was great in the second half. Miami is no push over but gave me team a bligh nuh...
every shot miami shoot they had a hand in dey face...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »

Hope not

Send a tweet to Wade, Lebron and co, we waitin fuh dem by de chesapeake
:rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:18 AM »
deeks you wrong brother .. Miami didnt play poor chicago defence cause miami to play poor.. gave jack he jacket man ... Bulls defence was great in the second half. Miami is no push over but gave me team a bligh nuh...
every shot miami shoot they had a hand in dey face...

war

Chicago's effort/energy was high octane! Gibson and Noah were relentless. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up and if they it wears Miami down.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
Chicago's effort/energy was high octane! Gibson and Noah were relentless. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up and if they it wears Miami down.
I'm pretty sure they will keep up the energy/effort - it's been that way all season and in Noah's case, since college.

The big question is whether the Bulls can contain the individual brilliance of Wade and Lebron. The Heat will continue to struggle with rebounding if they play their small lineup a lot(without a true center). They will struggle to execute sets against the defense of the Bulls - really the Heat will need their stars to shine.

giggsy11

« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure they will keep up the energy/effort - it's been that way all season and in Noah's case, since college.

The big question is whether the Bulls can contain the individual brilliance of Wade and Lebron. The Heat will continue to struggle with rebounding if they play their small lineup a lot(without a true center). They will struggle to execute sets against the defense of the Bulls - really the Heat will need their stars to shine.

Wade also has the task of chasing Rose after having to do the same against Ray Allen in the last series. Wonder if the legs will start to bark soon. Looking forward to these games. Derrick Rose is so chill on the court, just lets his play do the talking. I dig it!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
The bulls can win this series only if they stay man to man marking.. no double teaming.. Bosh gonna have a monster series because boozer is lame in defence . anyway or the other if bulls defend one on one Miami is in trouble.. all year bulls beating miami because there are no double teaming against miami.. frm you double team miami dat leaves a shooter open and  they shooters will kill you.. one on one defense and hope miami miss dats how we gonna win this one.. props to the boys but I will rest when we win 4.....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
Can we get some Taj Gibson love up in here?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmN-MIbvLks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmN-MIbvLks</a>

Gibson to Wade: "What's the weather like down there?"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
Can we get some Taj Gibson love up in here?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BmN-MIbvLks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BmN-MIbvLks</a>

Just ah disrespectful, disdainful, clobberish BATHE!!!

giggsy11

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
Can we get some Raj Gibson love up in here?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/</a>

Raj the dermatologist- dishing out facials!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
Plenty snapper and carrite waitin to geh hook
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
The bulls can win this series only if they stay man to man marking.. no double teaming.. Bosh gonna have a monster series because boozer is lame in defence . anyway or the other if bulls defend one on one Miami is in trouble.. all year bulls beating miami because there are no double teaming against miami.. frm you double team miami dat leaves a shooter open and  they shooters will kill you.. one on one defense and hope miami miss dats how we gonna win this one.. props to the boys but I will rest when we win 4.....

war

You really think it have anybody on that Miami team who could contain either Wade or LeBron one-on-one?  Thibodeau take the same defense they used in Boston and adapt it for Chicago, in targeting James.  Anytime he come into the lane 3-4 defenders converge on him... not quite a double-team, but essentially the same.  Miami just isn't good at executing in the half-court... as I've said all along.  The best way for them to win is to get into the open court and use their superior athleticism... same as I said before.  It was interesting to hear Barkley echo my sentiments almost verbatim.  The thing is, now that they've had 3-4 days to lick their wounds and adjust to the Bulls gameplan, can they get better shots for Wade and James... and can they find room on the floor for Miller and Bibby who are defensive liabilities.  Chalmers needs to make his shots when he's open... and collectively they all have to rebound the basketball.  If they rebound and limit Chicago's second-chance points... they win.  Simple as that... but easier said than done.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
                                             :bringiton: :bringiton: :bringiton:

Firstly let meh congratulate Chicago on a job well done on Miami. Ah happy dat I did get de chance to come in here before de next game, cuz ah doh want people tuh feel ah only want tuh post when de Heat win, nice. Now let meh put ah few things out there, de chances of Chicago shooting 50 percent beyond de arc again, are how much, no I am sorry, I did not hear you, please repeat. De chances of Wade and James scoring 33 points together in this series again, are how much? okay, now we talking. De chances of Chicago having 31 second chance points (offensive rebounds) again, are how much again, thank you, nice, yuh paying attention, ah like dat.

Ah have more stats for that that game fuh all yuh, but ah see Bakes did ah nice lil job of breaking it down fuh de massive here, so ah will not try and override his numbers. Respect. Supa eh no rum drinking fan, ah does do meh lil research and match past and present stats. Ah doh know if Wade went out and had a  late night out with his folks in Chicago or what, but he wasn't in it at all. But he always come through fuh de Heat, so much love and respect to him still. ESPN please do me a favor, please keep showing de highlights of dat dunk on Wade, you will surely be helping Wade to be at his best for de rest of dis series. You all just do not know de beast, dat you all are waking up, member meh told yuh.

Ah doh if is dat dey does get too confident or relaxed, but dis Miami team love to respond under pressure or when dey ever dey get embarrassed. So wid dat said, look out fuh a huge game from Wade and or James in game 2. Fuh de people dat been following dis game fuh many years, dat know and understand how playoff basketball work. Well de Miami plan is still on track, de plan is always tuh steel one on de road and take care of business when yuh go back tuh Miami. So wid dat said, game 2 is very important. Now, I will be honest, if we lose game 2, which I do not expect at all, but if dat happen, I will start to be very, very concerned, not scared, but concerned. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
Yeah Supa... good talk.  The stars really align fuh Chicago that first game... Miami failed to challenge them on some of them open jumpers early and the team fell into a groove.  If you know anything about basketball you'd know that good shooting is the product of two things primarily, good mechanical form, and confidence.  Most professionals have good enough form to consistently make an open jumper... but confidence (or "the stroke") comes and goes.  Good shooting is contagious... and the team got hot, and more importantly got hot in the second half, with no intermission to cool them down.  So yeah I say they get "lucky" but in reality they made their own "luck". 

All that said, things aren't likely to repeat themselves in the same manner as game 1.  It very well could be that they win Game 2, but likely that will be for different reasons, if they do.  Should that happen, then yeah... Miami would have dug itself a deep... but not insurmountable hole.  They did concede the first two Games to Dallas back in 2006, before winning the last 4 to win the title.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
I like OKC, but I rather see Dirk get his ring... plus Westbrook's play has been irritating me of late.  Let's go Mavs! 

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
Jeff Van Gundy: "If I'm Serge Ibaka, I'm naming my first born son Dirk."

Nuff said. Go Mavs!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »
Nowitski vs Durant - wow

Dirk:
   FG:12-15
   FT: 24-24
   PTS:48

Durant:
   FG: 10-18
   3PT: 2-5
   FT: 18-19
   PTS: 40

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2011, 08:01:34 AM »
I like OKC, but I rather see Dirk get his ring... plus Westbrook's play has been irritating me of late.  Let's go Mavs! 
Nothing against the Mavs but I can't handle seeing Cuban win a championship, dat man annoying....now self everything will revolve around he.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
Nothing against the Mavs but I can't handle seeing Cuban win a championship, dat man annoying....now self everything will revolve around he.

A lot of people grossly misperceive who Cuban is... he just let his passion get the better of him at times.  He single-handedly turn that franchise around once he bought it from Ross Perot... people forget how much of a laughing stock the Mavs was.  That aside, I have a pardna who used to work as the Mavs Dir. of Player Development, and is now the NBA's head of basketball development in Africa... his insights into Cuban was very revealing.  Finally, I've mentioned this here from time to time... 5 yrs ago I read a story about Cuban, he'd made some promise to go work at the local Dairy Queen if the Mavs made the playoffs I think it was.  He honored the promise by going there and serving ice cream for a day... the article also mentioned that he responds to every email he gets.  I send the man ah email telling him how I like how he turned the franchise around and that I root for them except when they playing mih Knicks.  5 o'clock next morning ah get ah response from him.  Made me a fan one time.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »

war

You really think it have anybody on that Miami team who could contain either Wade or LeBron one-on-one?  Thibodeau take the same defense they used in Boston and adapt it for Chicago, in targeting James.  Anytime he come into the lane 3-4 defenders converge on him... not quite a double-team, but essentially the same.  Miami just isn't good at executing in the half-court... as I've said all along.  The best way for them to win is to get into the open court and use their superior athleticism... same as I said before.  It was interesting to hear Barkley echo my sentiments almost verbatim.  The thing is, now that they've had 3-4 days to lick their wounds and adjust to the Bulls gameplan, can they get better shots for Wade and James... and can they find room on the floor for Miller and Bibby who are defensive liabilities.  Chalmers needs to make his shots when he's open... and collectively they all have to rebound the basketball.  If they rebound and limit Chicago's second-chance points... they win.  Simple as that... but easier said than done.
Spot on with the analysis that Chicago is using the same defense that Boston implemented against Wade and James. Easy solution, drive to the middle of the paint and when the 3-4 defenders converge, kick it to the open man. The main problem is that Bibby, Miller and co. have been struggling from beyond the arc. Until Miami make Chicago respect the outside shooting, clogging the middle will be the norm for this entire series. Still Like de Heat
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »

A lot of people grossly misperceive who Cuban is... he just let his passion get the better of him at times.  He single-handedly turn that franchise around once he bought it from Ross Perot... people forget how much of a laughing stock the Mavs was.  That aside, I have a pardna who used to work as the Mavs Dir. of Player Development, and is now the NBA's head of basketball development in Africa... his insights into Cuban was very revealing.  Finally, I've mentioned this here from time to time... 5 yrs ago I read a story about Cuban, he'd made some promise to go work at the local Dairy Queen if the Mavs made the playoffs I think it was.  He honored the promise by going there and serving ice cream for a day... the article also mentioned that he responds to every email he gets.  I send the man ah email telling him how I like how he turned the franchise around and that I root for them except when they playing mih Knicks.  5 o'clock next morning ah get ah response from him.  Made me a fan one time.
quote]
I really don't know much about him like that but the way he comes across rubs me the wrong way, maybe it's just the perception. He did invest in turning that franchise around, so I'll give hom credit there and to be honest he's been reserved during this year's playoffs (a first), guess he grew up a little in that dept. I just couldn't stand seeing him sitting behind his teams bench yelling, screaming, acting like an idiot when he should be bigger than that. So yea he does let his passion get the best of him at times.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:55 AM »
I just couldn't stand seeing him sitting behind his teams bench yelling, screaming, acting like an idiot when he should be bigger than that. So yea he does let his passion get the best of him at times.

Getting into it with Kenyon Martin and shit... dai'z exactly what ah mean too... lol  Cuban still mih boy doh.

Futbolfan... this is where I give Chicago credit though, when the ball was kicked out to the wings they were quick enough to recover and guard the outside shot.  I personally think Wade and James need to do two things:

1) try and create less off the dribble, pick their spots.  Have them get passes off the cuts and post ups instead.  To me this is the biggest flaw in LeBron's game... he doesn't have a stone-cold post up game like MJ did late in his career and like Kobe has now.  And LeBron more physically imposing that either of them.

2) LeBron and Wade, if they want to create their own shots need to pull up just short of the help defense and knock down the mid-range shotHe doesn't have a solid mid-range game either... is either the outside shot or getting to the cup.  If LeBron developed a game like Pierce has around the elbows... good lord. 

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2011, 09:47:47 AM »
cuban does let his passion get the better of him at times but i'd rather have an owner err on the side of too much passion for his team than too little. too many owners in sports are in it for the financial gain and winning is secondary to them.

cuban pays luxury tax every year to try to get a winning product on the court - how many owners put their money where their mouth is? and it's not like cuban is madly splurging and calling the shots like Al Davis - he has a smart and savvy GM in donnie nelson who runs the show. cuban is one of the most stats-savvy and forward-thinking owners in the league - he's at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference a few years now sharing his insight on the panel.

plus as a fan, i love to see my owner behave like a fan. i want to see fist pumps and jumping up and down like a regular fan.

cuban does some things wrong but boy does he do a whole lot right.

giggsy11

« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »
cuban does let his passion get the better of him at times but i'd rather have an owner err on the side of too much passion for his team than too little. too many owners in sports are in it for the financial gain and winning is secondary to them.

cuban pays luxury tax every year to try to get a winning product on the court - how many owners put their money where their mouth is? and it's not like cuban is madly splurging and calling the shots like Al Davis - he has a smart and savvy GM in donnie nelson who runs the show. cuban is one of the most stats-savvy and forward-thinking owners in the league - he's at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference a few years now sharing his insight on the panel.

plus as a fan, i love to see my owner behave like a fan. i want to see fist pumps and jumping up and down like a regular fan.

cuban does some things wrong but boy does he do a whole lot right.

Abramovich should talk to Cuban about how to not meddle.

giggsy11

« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2011, 06:49:13 PM »
Miami's 3 will not be good enough to beat Chicago's starting 5 plus their bench. In my opinion that is the challenge Miami is facing.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Anybody else does feel disappointed when Craig Sager shows up wearing a relatively normal looking outfit?

Oh yeah, After a good start by Miami, Chicago beginning to dominate the boards again

http://craigsagerssuits.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:15:38 PM by Bitter »

1]; } ?>