May 23, 2024, 12:29:30 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).  (Read 90718 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (02-Sept-11).
« Reply #600 on: September 02, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »
people may hate my approach but its for the best of the team

Lemme ask you to clarify instead of jumping down your throat. Are you implying here that your overall approach to the team is better than Otto Pfister's? And is this not the man that you put faith in to solve ALL our problems?

alyuh have patients an energy oui

are you one of their patients or is it patience?
touche' but yuh is still ah one dimensional A class moron

and your an A class hypocrite, agreeing with big mag about hector but shooting me down for addressing it

now that is hypocrisy  8)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #601 on: September 02, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
Normally I find us particularly hard on the team. Today though I think the critizisms in this thread by and large have been justified. I think the team performance was of a greater concern than a lot of the individual ones. The keeper - wasn't as bad as people made him out to be, but that fumble was too basic. It was both a curse and a blessing that he wasn't tested again so he could redeem himself. My big problem with him was his distribution. Too many of his kicks sliced off his foot rather than getting a clean strike.
RB - Too many passing errors and was too relaxed when tracking back. Didn't think he gave the Bermudan winger any respect and always played like he could recover easily. While for the most part it was true as we progress the players are going to be a lot less forgiving of such a laid back attitude.
LB - As was said before, no left foot. His one left foot cross earned a corner. He also seemed to trust that he can recover easily and didn't exert himself more than he had to. Looked like an experienced player playing well within himself.
Power - Athletic and aggressive in the air. Wasn't really tested, but something about him makes me think that he'll struggle against a skillful attacker. That said, was one of the consistent performers on the field and one of 4 players to really hustle and work hard.
#6 – Also worked hard throughout the match. Tended to make long passes to no one in particular, sometimes in the middle of a bit of possession football.
Tinto – Needs to hit the gym. He was muscled off the ball far too often for an international player. Seemed unwilling to take on players in the attacking third and in general was hesitant to get into attacking positions. To make matters worse he showed no hustle and coasted like a super star.
Roberts – Looked tired and his usual energetic performance was lacking, but did a good job protecting possession. He was more willing to get into attacking positions, but often lacked the support from midfield to back him up.
Hyland – Was easily T&T’s worst player on the pitch. He made a lot of bad passes, was muscled off of the ball or lost it to a poor first touch and didn’t work hard to make up for it. He looked like he didn’t respect Bermuda and didn’t have to work hard as a result.
Daniel – Came on and played with real purpose in midfield. He, along with Birchall, hustled Bermudans off the ball, he brought some attacking intent by his movement and willingness to play attacking balls forward. He could probably have driven in some of those corners rather than floating them, but he was my Man of the Match.
Birchall – He was a monster in midfield. Probably the hardest working T&T player he broke up plays, slowed counter attacks, hustled players into bad passes and did the dirty work in the middle of the field. On top of that he got into attacking positions when many of his teammates were unable or unwilling to do so, but should probably have forced the keeper to save. He made some bad passes, but was not more guilty of it than anyone else.
John – Was good enough for Bermuda, but lacks the pace and hustle to trouble better teams. Looked an experienced campaigner, but that will only take him so far if his strike partner is Kenwyne. He would look better with a quick energetic partner.
Jones – Didn’t work hard at all in the first half and just as he started to get more active in the second got injured. If he’s to be the team’s leader then he needs to set the tone by his own behaviour. He lacked urgency in attack and generally seemed very low key and that’s exactly how the team played. He won a lot of headers though and looked like he can be dangerous for us if he put his heart into it.
Peltier – Gave some attacking intent on the wing and was willing to hustle a bit. Would be interesting to see him in a tougher assignment with more active teammates.
#2 – Didn’t do anything wrong, but didn’t do anything outstanding either.

The 1-0 by itself was not my problem, it was the overall attitude of the players on the field. Like Bermuda were not good enough to beat them (which seemed true) but rather than bury them they were content to just relax and not try hard. Not good enough to get to the WC, but in the end 3 points is 3 points. One can only hope that it won’t get any worse than this.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 02, 2011, 10:57:33 PM »
fifa.com report http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1504069/index.html

pictures - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/photo/photolist.html#1504065

Match of the day
Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 Bermuda
Group B favourites and Caribbean powers Trinidad and Tobago, led by new German coach Otto Pfister, had their hands full on home soil at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain. Up against Caribbean neighbours Bermuda, the Soca Warriors, on paper at least, should have had an easy day. However, the 2006 FIFA World Cup participants met stiff resistance from skipper Khano Smith and the rest of the Bermudans, who defended stoutly and were unlucky not to escape with a point for their efforts. The only difference on the day was a goal from T&T’s Stoke City striker and newly named captain Kenwyne Jones who blasted home a volley on the stroke of halftime. Bolstered by their positive performance, Bermuda will surely fancy their chances in the return leg at the National Stadium in Hamilton, the very same venue where they shocked Trinidad and Tobago 2-1 in South Africa 2010 qualifying.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:59:49 PM by Andre »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 03, 2011, 05:51:59 AM »
hhhhhhmmm the return game is on Friday October 7th.......I don't have to work on that Friday and I've never been to Bermuda......hhhhhmmm......    :thinking: :idea:

*gone to check flights and hotel*   ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
hhhhhhmmm the return game is on Friday October 7th.......I don't have to work on that Friday and I've never been to Bermuda......hhhhhmmm......    :thinking: :idea:

NEVA WENT THERE SO DOH GIVE ME ANY IDEAS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 03, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »
and your an A class hypocrite, agreeing with big mag about hector but shooting me down for addressing it

you bin talkin bout ah stereotypical Num 10 type player Hector is ah disruptive force of sorts but never ever could he be considered in dat mold u tryin to cast him in
I pity the fool....

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 03, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
fifa.com report http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1504069/index.html

pictures - http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/photo/photolist.html#1504065

Match of the day
Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 Bermuda
Group B favourites and Caribbean powers Trinidad and Tobago, led by new German coach Otto Pfister, had their hands full on home soil at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain. Up against Caribbean neighbours Bermuda, the Soca Warriors, on paper at least, should have had an easy day. However, the 2006 FIFA World Cup participants met stiff resistance from skipper Khano Smith and the rest of the Bermudans, who defended stoutly and were unlucky not to escape with a point for their efforts. The only difference on the day was a goal from T&T’s Stoke City striker and newly named captain Kenwyne Jones who blasted home a volley on the stroke of halftime. Bolstered by their positive performance, Bermuda will surely fancy their chances in the return leg at the National Stadium in Hamilton, the very same venue where they shocked Trinidad and Tobago 2-1 in South Africa 2010 qualifying.

anyone else notice this?
where FIFA does get their info from? Google?  :devil:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:27:39 PM by Boodsy »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 03, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »
One would expect FIFA to get their facts right. We lost at home and won away and KJ scored with his head. Guyana Beat Barbados.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 04, 2011, 05:31:22 AM »

NEVA WENT THERE SO DOH GIVE ME ANY IDEAS

From my initial checks I would have to take Thursday as a vacation day and travel on that day since the flights all seem to arrive at night.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 04, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
Still no one has shown the match?  Antigua showed their match less than 24 hours after  >:(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:55:47 AM by theworm2345 »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 04, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »
Still no one has shown the match?  Antigua showed their match less than 24 hours after  >:(

SOE time boy....we eh have time for nutten else.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #611 on: September 04, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »

talk to the marketing firm all sport

they running the side show

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 05, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »

SOE time boy....we eh have time for nutten else.... ::)

Do you know how many people were trapped home this weekend because of SOE & curfew and who could have done with watching the T&T vs Bermuda game to alleviate some boredom?!

Did we play that badly that they fraid to show the game on TV in case the public totally lose confidence in the seriousness of the “Bound For Brazil” campaign?!  ::)

If they don’t bring this game on one of the networks this evening before the Barbados clash tomorrow then the TTFF and Camps are definitely a bunch of jokers regards getting the public on board behind their “Bound For Brazil” campaign!

Men need to see all our games to see how their team is progressing and to have something to say about their team’s performances when they meet up with fellow supporters! Men need to learn who are the players so when they go games they know who is who in which positions and what to expect of them!!
The TTFF cannot be serious! No T&T vs Bermuda game on TV yet and we playing Barbados tomorrow?!
I am sure our Caribbean opponents in our group show their games at home by now for their local supporters to see and thats whether or not they played home or away!

Anyway ah hoping against hope that the TTFF are serious enough about this “Bound For Brazil” campaign to arrange to have the game against Barbados broadcast live tomorrow for T&T supporters at home and around the world to follow and start getting behind their team!!

Stadium at home will continue to be half empty for two main reasons!
Lack of marketing by the TTFF and international game coverage!!
Unattractive ticket prices for the home fans considering the low level of our team's performances in recent times!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:29:27 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 05, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »
Sports talk going on now on C-TV!

They talking football, allyuh lock in!!

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 13, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »
Just saw an advert on C-TV saying that full game is to be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday 14th September) at 9pm T&T time!

Hope some of you guys can take the opportunity to record it and then upload it to this website so that folks who missed seeing the game can finally view it.

Link is: http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:56:53 PM by Socapro »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »
Just saw an advert on C-TV saying that full game is to be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday 14th September) at 9pm T&T time!

Hope some of you guys can take the opportunity to record it and then upload it to this website so that folks who missed seeing the game can finally view it.
Better late than never I guess, I'll record it...thanks for the heads up.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »

Lemme ask you to clarify instead of jumping down your throat. Are you implying here that your overall approach to the team is better than Otto Pfister's? And is this not the man that you put faith in to solve ALL our problems?

Anybody besides me getting fed up with this new "quote system." I getting fed up going from ppl name down to the quote, then back up. I like the old systemd where each name was attached directly to the quote.

Mods can we get that old system back again.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »

Anybody besides me getting fed up with this new "quote system." I getting fed up going from ppl name down to the quote, then back up. I like the old systemd where each name was attached directly to the quote.

VB

Hey VB, they can't ready every message on the board so its best to send Tallman & Flex a PM!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2011, 10:34:14 PM »

much appreciated, will watch it tomorrow  :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »

VB

Hey VB, they can't ready every message on the board so its best to send Tallman & Flex a PM!

Good point.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »

Game just about to be replayed now on C-TV!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
Match starting now on C, recording...hope it works.

EDIT: Missed the first minute due to having to reset my router due to internet issues  :frustrated:

EDIT2: Internet issues continuing, I should have something and it should be OK but I'm not sure exactly what the final product will look like.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:38:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
Match starting now on C, recording...hope it works.

EDIT: Missed the first minute due to having to reset my router due to internet issues  :frustrated:

EDIT2: Internet issues continuing, I should have something and it should be OK but I'm not sure exactly what the final product will look like.
Thanks man, nice one!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »
Well I went to stop and save the recording and when I did the program crashed and apparently the file is gone...now I am pretty damn angry

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
That game.... :o  ..............wow. :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
Well I went to stop and save the recording and when I did the program crashed and apparently the file is gone...now I am pretty damn angry

Sorry to hear that but from what I saw maybe the game wasn't worth saving!!  :-[

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
saw the match on c-tv, thanks to socapro telling us about the delayed broadcast

some points:

defense: needs more time together, with primus and samuel coming into the team, we will be very solid, they made a few errors against bermuda but nothing that can't be fixed
- in regards to warner, he wasn't tested but the commentators made a big deal about his mistakes, they were not big and our defender, either power or james made a terrible back pass, phillips gets the nod but i would still keep warner around if not include jan michael as the 2nd keeper

-carlos playing as a left back is not a bad idea by pfister, i see what he is trying to do, right now pfister is still in experimental mode, you can see it

midfield: we are missing a #10 esque player, hector or touissant can fill this role, peltier is not a bad player but hector is much better imo, we need a mid that can create, daniel is better suited as a winger and should remain there unless they bring back colin samuel, tinto faded in and out of the game, roberts made a nice cross to jones for the goal, he was quiet afterwards but i can see him playing in the middle in the future

strikers: jones did an excellent job despite the critics, john should factor in as a sub off the bench

overall play in the 2nd half was better, we managed to strng together 10-15 passes with ease and build an attack from both sides, the first half the team was shaky in the build up but slowly improved

when they have more time together they will play alot better, what we need is a creative mid, its missing in our mid, birchall nor hyland can fill the role, daniel can maybe be that key or edwards if pfister moves him from the back.

with molino coming into the mix, we may see that creative mid factoring into the campaign, lets see how he handles the role

otherwise i must say that our defense has improved with leaps and bounds from latas, before even with beenhakker we had nervous moments, i did not feel that with this team, we will have to wait and see when we face teams like costa rica and mexico, if the defense stands up there it would prove what i stated.

when we have more games together, this team will beat teams, high ranked teams, brazil 2014 here we come
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:18:59 PM by Controversial »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »

some points:

defense: needs more time together, with primus and samuel coming into the team, we will be very solid, they made a few errors against bermuda but nothing that can't be fixed
- in regards to warner, he wasn't tested but the commentators made a big deal about his mistakes, they were not big and our defender, either power or james made a terrible back pass, phillips gets the nod but i would still keep warner around if not include jan michael as the 2nd keeper

-carlos playing as a left back is not a bad idea by pfister, i see what he is trying to do, right now pfister is still in experimental mode, you can see it

midfield: we are missing a #10 esque player, hector or touissant can fill this role, peltier is not a bad player but hector is much better imo, we need a mid that can create, daniel is better suited as a winger and should remain there unless they bring back colin samuel, tinto faded in and out of the game, roberts made a nice cross to jones for the goal, he was quiet afterwards but i can see him playing in the middle in the future

strikers: jones did an excellent job despite the critics, john should factor in as a sub off the bench

overall play in the 2nd half was better, we managed to strng together 10-15 passes with ease and build an attack from both sides, the first half the team was shaky in the build up but slowly improved

when they have more time together they will play alot better, what we need is a creative mid, its missing in your mid, birchall nor hyland can fill the role, daniel can maybe be that key or edwards if pfister moves him from the back.

with molino coming into the mix, we may see that creative mid factoring into the campaign, lets see how he handles the role

otherwise i must say that our defense has improved with leaps and bounds from latas, before even with beenhakker we had nervous moments, i did not feel that with this team, we will have to wait and see when we face teams like costa rica and mexico, if the defense stands up there it would prove what i stated.

when we have more games together, this team will beat teams, high ranked teams, brazil 2014 here we come

Good, sounds like theres been progress. Hopefully we'll continue to improve next month.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2011, 09:27:12 PM »

some points:

when they have more time together they will play alot better, what we need is a creative mid, its missing in your mid, birchall nor hyland can fill the role, daniel can maybe be that key or edwards if pfister moves him from the back.

Good, sounds like theres been progress. Hopefully we'll continue to improve next month.

i believe they will complete this phase of the campaign with ease, winning all their matches and not conceding any goals

it shows that pfister has been working with the team on defense and not conceding, it shows, they are defending set pieces and corners much better than before

pfister is doing an excellent job despite what the locals are saying, they don't have a clue, alot of psychology is playing out here :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »
With all the Warrior fans in TT, only one person tried to record it?  :(

Worm, thanks anyway boss.

VB

1]; } ?>