May 29, 2024, 03:58:15 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 434374 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
« Reply #480 on: December 07, 2010, 02:53:59 PM »
Why yuh doh hush yuh cyao Warner, people really does geh tie up w/$$ and position yes, all ah we bleed, but lookin at Warner maybe he from anodder planet
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 07, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
How about a rule that require a federation to post a bond to ensure players salaries can be paid.

how you could have teams in a tournament and the federation not paying the players. They should not be allowed to enter in the first place.

and who does he side with??

The federation.

That is why jamaican people will always be more sucessful than Trini people.

They dont take shit.

If in 2006 leading up to the world cup the players did say give we the addidas money now!

and threaten not to play in the games in the world cup they would have got they money.

and we would not have been in this situation right now.

You have to know who you dealing with.

Jack willing to go hook and crook to ensure the federation rights are protected but he will not lift a finger to help the men who people paying to see.

What else you expect if you have a man who never kick a ball in he life in charge of football.

He vex because the players expect to get paid why he dont go to Digicel and tell then we dont want no sponsorship money because FIFA have enough money to bank roll the games. Just put your name for Free.

We go take the money later when we have a chance.

If I was a jamaican player after they pay the money I still would not play, just to spite them.

Players and players interest should come first!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner blames British media for 2018 defeat
« Reply #482 on: December 07, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
Story from the UK Guardian.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/07/jack-warner-2018-world-cup-fifa

The controversial Fifa executive committee member Jack Warner today broke his silence on the contested 2018 World Cup vote when he said voting for England would have been "the ultimate insult" to Fifa in the wake of British media allegations of corruption.

England 2018 insiders claim Warner, pivotal to their chances of success and wooed by David Beckham and successive prime ministers, promised the three votes under his control to England before voting for Russia. But the Concacaf president said the revelations in the Sunday Times and Panorama were the reason England polled only two of the 22 votes available and were knocked out in the first round.

Three days before the vote, Panorama accused three Fifa executive committee members of bribery and alleged Warner tried to supply ticket touts at the 2010 World Cup. He had previously been admonished by Fifa's ethics committee over ticket deals for the 2006 tournament and has faced a host of other allegations of impropriety.

"Suffice it to say the Fifa exco as a body could not have voted for England having been insulted by their media in the worst possible way at the same time. To do so would have been the ultimate insult [to Fifa]," said Warner.

It is understood the Fifa president Sepp Blatter raised the issue of the "evil" media coverage of Fifa just hours before the vote and England's rivals, including the Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin and influential Spanish ex-co member Angel Marķa Villar Llona, played heavily on it.

Some on England's bid team believe the revelatory media exposes, which they tried desperately to disassociate themselves from, were a factor but others believe that the issue became an convenient excuse for Fifa members to switch their votes for other reasons.

Japan's Junji Ogura said the investigations, which led to the suspension of six senior Fifa officials including two executive committee members in the case of the Sunday Times, had an impact.

"What I can say is that the reports definitely had an impact on the England bid. There's no mistake about that," said Ogura, heavily courted by England but believed to have backed Russia.

Ogura said his colleagues were angry at the Sunday Times sting on Nigeria's Amos Adamu and Tahiti's Reynald Temarii. "The African members of the executive committee were furious over the Sunday Times report," Ogura said.

"They even suggested suing the paper at the executive committee meeting. The people being accused were from Africa and Oceania, not Europe or Asia, and some felt racism was behind it."

The head of Australia's failed 2022 bid Frank Lowy said "playing straight" may have cost them the World Cup, adding that Fifa members lied to them about their voting intentions.

"I wanted to give credit to Australia and not to get caught in some kind of shonky business, and I can assure you now that we didn't do anything that was improper in this whole period," said Lowy.

"Did that cost us the bid? Maybe. I don't know, I'm not sure. But we are straight and we wanted to play it straight."

Jerome Valcke, the Fifa secretary general who oversaw the voting process, again defended the secret ballot system.

"If we say yes, yes it does not work, we would recognise something went wrong," said Valcke, speaking in Abu Dhabi ahead of tomorrow's opening match of the Club World Cup. "I'm sorry to say we have organised a voting system which was very transparent.

"If the question is it's not transparent because you don't know who voted for whom, you will never know for whom I voted for between Nicolas Sarkozy and Segolene Royal three years ago when the election took place. I will not tell because that is my freedom to decide for whom I voted without having to say publicly my choice."

Valcke, under pressure as the man who recommended that both World Cups be decided at once for commercial reasons, has already indicated that Fifa will not bow to pressure to overhaul the voting system or expand the electorate.

He said Fifa had until 2018 to decide if it "should or [should] not change" the way host countries are decided. But he said last week's vote was "perfectly organised, perfectly transparent and perfectly under control."
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner blames British media for 2018 defeat
« Reply #483 on: December 07, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »
Jack trying to move the spotlight of guilt for England's failed 2018 World Cup hosting bid from himself & onto to Andrew Jennings!  ;)

This video is one of the reasons why he's trying to setup Jennings!
Jack wants Jennings to asked his mother! 8)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0puFaKUg56I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0puFaKUg56I</a>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:45:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #484 on: December 07, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
Media coverage shouldn't be the problem.

The question should be were the reports correct or wrong.

So now Freedom of the Press and bidding for a WC shouldn't go hand in hand in case it bothers FIFA.

I might understand if the reports were erroneous.

Another case of Eng. not licking ass sufficiently.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #485 on: December 07, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »
So Jack you are saying dont care what wrong you or FIFA do nobody must do or say anything about it what a shame .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 07, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »

So now Freedom of the Press and bidding for a WC shouldn't go hand in hand in case it bothers FIFA.

VB

Erroneous or not, awarding the WC isn't about the press, it's about who presents the best bid.  Why would you look past a bid because of what a free (from FA/government control) media decides to do?  Why would you punish the people of England who waiting nearly 60 yrs for the chance to host a WC?

....unless of course is just bullshit rationalizing (and excuse-making) after the fact.

p.s. Flex already post this article in the other thread btw.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 07, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »

VB

Erroneous or not, awarding the WC isn't about the press, it's about who presents the best bid.  Why would you look past a bid because of what a free (from FA/government control) media decides to do?  Why would you punish the people of England who waiting nearly 60 yrs for the chance to host a WC?

....unless of course is just bullshit rationalizing (and excuse-making) after the fact.

p.s. Flex already post this article in the other thread btw.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 07, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
Why did the English feel that after all that media coverage about FIFA which was really stupid at such a time that they would get the votes.I so badly wanted it to be in England,I have missed that experience because of the stupidity of the British Media.All those who didn't see this coming mussy blind and chupid,meh mudder always tell "if yuh doh have anything nice to say bout somebody keep yuh dam mout shut",ah tink she right.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 07, 2010, 05:08:04 PM »
Unfortunately these set of warriors eh reach the boilin' point. But honestly I don't believe these guys eh get paid. jack put that out in the media to confuse people. If that non payment  is true then them is some real mama-poule.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 07, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
Jack relly gone and f**ked things up wid dis statement.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »
Congrats to JA on their victory and I applaud the players for taking a stand.  All football federations need to pay the players up front and stop playin dee ass.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »
Jack relly gone and f**ked things up wid dis statement.

So yuh doh reckon its an honest statement?

Lets credit the man for once if he's being honest nah!  ;)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2010, 07:00:20 PM »
And this is one of the richest men in the area talking eh. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »
is only Warner is allowed to ask for money........no one else.Everyone else is a mercenary.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 07, 2010, 08:36:42 PM »
I am shamed by Jack OMG "ASK YOUR MOTHER" (tnt translation: ask yuh mudder #$#%@) :rotfl:

Jack boy yuh take the cake oui
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:55:51 AM by grskywalker »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »
Why did the English feel that after all that media coverage about FIFA which was really stupid at such a time that they would get the votes.I so badly wanted it to be in England,I have missed that experience because of the stupidity of the British Media.All those who didn't see this coming mussy blind and chupid,meh mudder always tell "if yuh doh have anything nice to say bout somebody keep yuh dam mout shut",ah tink she right.
precisely.. now frico ah know all de freedom of de press people go be jumpin on yuh back for dis but the reality is yuh doh cuss de chinee-man before he cook yuh food. (old brooklyn saying) They should have muzzled Jennings for 1 day. Many a story about the queen been muzzled.Let MI5 kidnap jennings for a day or something but then again maybe England thought that since they deserve it it was a sure thing. FiFa, the Pope and Phillip Morris have de world on lock. Trip if you wish but ah so it go.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #497 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »
Ah wonder what other countries think about Trinbago having Jack as a Minister in the government knowing the kind of man he is and not like the people dont know they still elect him anyhow .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 07, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
Ah wonder what other countries think about Trinbago having Jack as a Minister in the government knowing the kind of man he is and not like the people dont know they still elect him anyhow .

Dat we iz a 2x4 BANANA REPUBLIC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner is only a special advisor to the TTFF?Is he?
« Reply #499 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:41 PM »
What is the repercussion of the TTFF not following the advice of Jack Warner? If all he gives is just his opinions.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner is only a special advisor to the TTFF?Is he?
« Reply #500 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
What is the repercussion of the TTFF not following the advice of Jack Warner? If all he gives is just his opinions.

:rotfl: 4 D JOKES SECTION
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 07, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »

Well we not too certain to be honest. Really and truly..when Jack not around..nothing does get done. Ollie camps was holding a piss since Jack went to zurich cuz he wasnt sure if he coulda go and use the toilet.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 08, 2010, 12:28:47 AM »
i posted this earlier.  Who deleted my thread??

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 08, 2010, 04:34:24 AM »

Well we not too certain to be honest. Really and truly..when Jack not around..nothing does get done. Ollie camps was holding a piss since Jack went to zurich cuz he wasnt sure if he coulda go and use the toilet.

:heehee: :heehee:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #504 on: December 08, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »
"National pride must take precedence over money."  :rotfl:
How jokey is this statement coming from JW
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #505 on: December 08, 2010, 08:21:33 AM »
precisely.. now frico ah know all de freedom of de press people go be jumpin on yuh back for dis but the reality is yuh doh cuss de chinee-man before he cook yuh food. (old brooklyn saying) They should have muzzled Jennings for 1 day. Many a story about the queen been muzzled.Let MI5 kidnap jennings for a day or something but then again maybe England thought that since they deserve it it was a sure thing. FiFa, the Pope and Phillip Morris have de world on lock. Trip if you wish but ah so it go.

Allyuh eating the horse shit that Jack feeding yuh. The bids were that far apart in what they offered that this could never be the difference between the bids. If FIFA say that "new frontier" was the driving force thwn England could never compete with Russia no matter what the press does. If the press was a big problem what the US and Aussie press do to lose to Qatar?

The irony of Jack calling out the Press is that people have been noting that Russia and Qatar have some of the most oppressed Press Associations in the World. With these two bids being the ones that will have the most money being spent andthe ones that bend over backwards to please FIFA the lack of press freedom suits FIFa just fine. So maybe Jack right when he say the press lost them the bid.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:49 AM »

I'm starting to realise that there are people here who just don't understand a free press. If the English FA tried to muzzle the panorama programme, they would have to get a court injunction, and there is no law that says a World Cup bid must be protected. I suspect high level requests were made, but the BBC made their decision. Personally, myself and millions of English people would have preferred the programme didn't go out that week. However, programme makers want high viewing figures, which is what they got. Unlike Russia or Qatar, England enjoys a free press, a right that many people died for, and are still dying or are imprisoned for. You can't pick and choose when it suits you to have this freedom. Personally, given the choice, I would choose a free press over a World Cup anyday. And it will be a free press that brings down Warner one day. The press in T&T is growing stronger and braver. They will ask harder questions in the future. Liburd sets the standard and others are trying to follow.
This media excuse is rubbish. But it exposes FIFAs fear of transparency. Apparently, FIFA stands for "Fee for this, fee for that" 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 08, 2010, 11:22:30 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DtcG_jwt5Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1DtcG_jwt5Y</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 08, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »

He didn't choke on the words??!!  Damn.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 08, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »

He didn't choke on the words??!!  Damn.....

JACK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1]; } ?>