April 23, 2024, 04:10:13 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426482 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Start de fete, FIFA pardons Warner.
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »
stewpsssssssssssssssssssssssss.

some ah you fellahz rel f**kin ignorant.

You dont mind if de man stink wit curroption... an evil selfish cruk... and you wanna post smiley face  ;D and say he is good for our regional football???

DO NONE OF YOU HAVE ANY INTEGRITY?

He just symbolizes what an unchallenged dictatorship is.

my only comfort is the other fellahz on this site you arnt completely blind.

stewps. sickening.

::)

you are an idiot.

::) why bother
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »

You dont mind if de man stink wit curroption... an evil selfish cruk... and you wanna post smiley face  ;D and say he is good for our regional football???

stewps. sickening.

you are an idiot.

"why bother" well considering you wrote that... hence bothering yourself when you ask why obviously confirms you are an idiot.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2006, 07:12:07 PM »

stewps. sickening.

you are an idiot.

"why bother" well considering you wrote that... hence bothering yourself when you ask why obviously confirms you are an idiot.

:-\
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »
Triniman you are a complete moronic Jack supporter... and no everybody here aint happy hes off. I swear you must be the most ignorant person on earth.

So you must be real bright then.
its better to have to be a noble nothing than a unhonest something.

I'll submit that to the encyclopedia of quotes. Here's two for ya clown boy...

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits

stewps.

haul yuh ass nuh.

you have ah quippy mouth buh yuh still just as brain dead as de man who laughin at yuh cuz he couldnt think up how to defend himself.

Go ahead and be Warner little slap doll.

stewps.

Why don't you shut ya mouth and go find a friend you little small minded retard. All the cuss ya giving i hope you could walk the walk when a big man oppose your scrawny a**.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »

Aye allyuh relax nah...allyuh go fight over JW   :-\
steupse

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2006, 07:16:30 PM »
Triniman you are a complete moronic Jack supporter... and no everybody here aint happy hes off. I swear you must be the most ignorant person on earth.

stewps.

haul yuh ass nuh.

you have ah quippy mouth buh yuh still just as brain dead as de man who laughin at yuh cuz he couldnt think up how to defend himself.

stewps.

Why don't you shut ya mouth and go find a friend you little small minded retard. All the cuss ya giving i hope you could walk the walk when a big man oppose your scrawny a**.

ey matthew dont make me reviel to all de men on dis board how yuh ah insanely hyper, rich, freindless, idiot... yuh dady does lick jack bottom too awa?

yuh shamefully disgraceful to all de people that put time into stopping people from kickin yuh ass all over de place.

yuh corny idiot.

oh and if yuh wanna step up and try tuh tae ah swing at me im happy to f**k you up any day ah de week.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2006, 07:18:39 PM »

Forum Rules & Guidelines

If allyuh want to cuss each other go to:
SW Online Chat Room

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2006, 07:21:43 PM »

Forum Rules & Guidelines

If allyuh want to cuss each other go to:
SW Online Chat Room

yuh right hardluck dey eh.

ah apologise to anyone offended by my vulagr language... but yuh hadda understand... I feel strongly about this... and letting Jack Warner rob us all for years and refusing to do anything AND then go as far and praising his clearance is almost unforgivably ignorant.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »

stewps.

haul yuh ass nuh.

stewps.

oh and if yuh wanna step up and try tuh tae ah swing at me im happy to f**k you up any day ah de week.

what  :o could fight  :rotfl:  taking them self defense classes

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2006, 07:36:53 PM »

stewps.

haul yuh ass nuh.

stewps.

what  :o could fight  :rotfl:  taking them self defense classes

haha stewps... believe me... A.) if yuh trini yuh doh have tuh take defense class  B.) and dat man so uncoordinated and dottish that Maradona at his all-time fatest would knock he out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »
Welt.de writes the following at the end of their article about Jack's pardon on March 20:

Yet the pressure on the sun king from the Caribbean is building. At home in Trinidad there are reports concerning how Warner has been accumulating his wealth by corrupt means earlier [even before the ticket scandal]. Also stronger controls loom from within CONCACAF.

The Americans, who are members of Warner led CONCACAF, hope that their new US Soccer president, who was elected a few weeks ago, will become actively involved with the commercial might of his country behind him.  The USSF has thus far "simply accepted the corruption that has afflicted CONCACAF and FIFA," complains the LA Times.

It is up to the new US boss, Sunil Gulati (46), an economist from the University of Columbia, to end the practice. The US "must condemn the unethical and unscrupulous people who line their pockets at the expense of the sport," thunders the prestigious paper, "and if that means crossing swords with the likes of Blatter and Warner, so be it."

I'm trying to dig up the LA Times editoral mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 04:25:44 PM by e-man »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2006, 04:01:14 PM »
fellas allyuh have to stop eatin allyuh self up over dis jw issue.leh me explain something.with all de corruption in de world,backbiting and backstabbin,we need jw.it may not appear to each and everyone of you that he is on our side.but at the end of de day JACK WARNER is ah trini.de man will do anyting to promote de country.some trini like to blow every fukin ting outta proportion.all ah allyuh who arguing bout ticket,half ah fukin allyuh eh goin no fukin wc.de world today is not ah nice place,trust me,we need j fukin w.who doh agree,say wuh.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »
FIFA clears Jack Warner over World Cup tickets.

ZURICH, (Reuters) - FIFA said on Friday that no action would be taken against vice-president Jack Warner over a World Cup ticketing controversy.
Warner is special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation. Trinidad have qualified for the World Cup for the first time.
Warner invited FIFA to investigate his relationship with Simpaul Travel Service after the Trinidad and Tobago Express newspaper alleged Trinidad's allocation of tickets to the World Cup finals in Germany would be handled solely by the company.
"There were lengthy discussion in the executive committee meeting with interventions from practically every member but the committee was of the opinion that because Jack Warner has sold his shares in the company then there is no more a conflicting situation," FIFA president Sepp Blatter told a news conference.
"It was decided the matter had to be closed."
In February FIFA said its ethics committee concluded that because of his involvement with Simpaul Travel Service in Port-of-Spain, Warner had a conflict of interest over World Cup tickets and "as a result, he has violated FIFA's Code of Ethics".
He could have been expelled from world soccer's ruling body if found guilty by the executive committee.
Warner has been one of president Blatter's closest allies since his appointment to FIFA's executive in 1983.
Trinidad have been drawn with England, Sweden and Paraguay in Group B at the World Cup which begins on June 9.
FIFA lets off Jack Warner.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

No conflict of interest now that Warners have left Simpaul's, so...
FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special advisor Jack Warner emerged unscathed from a FIFA meeting in Zurich, Switzerland, yesterday that "discussed" his violation of the global organisation's Code of Ethics.
A FIFA release stated that Warner, who was declared guilty of a conflict of interest last month by the Committee for Ethics and Fair Play, satisfied his peers by "ensuring that Simpaul obeyed the ticketing rules and regulations and finally with him and his wife leaving the company"
The Express reported yesterday, in a column by this writer, that Warner had removed his name as well as that of his wife, Maureen, and sons Daryan and Darryl, from the directorship of Simpaul's Travel Service at the Legal Affairs Ministry last week.
Warner's actions obviously impressed the FIFA Executive Committee. A pronouncement of political strength from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), which insisted that 30 football associations supported the Trinidad and Tobago administrator, may also have helped.
FIFA's tone yesterday contrasted with its initial position on February 15 although that decision was taken by a different committee to the one who discussed Warner's indiscretion over the past 48 hours.
The Committee for Ethics and Fair Play ruled last month that Warner "violated FIFA's Code of Ethics" by his involvement with Simpaul's Travel which had struck a deal with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) to monopolise the sale of the country's 2006 World Cup tickets.
But the Executive Committee, which counts Warner as a senior member, yesterday referred to the initial verdict as "advice", a term Warner himself repeatedly used in the wake of last month's pronouncement.
If Warner displayed a change of heart by apologising for the conflict of interest and legally distancing himself from Simpaul's Travel-the new owners are Princess Campbell and Margaret Fletcher-then FIFA could also be credited with shifting its stance.
Four weeks ago, Warner was the first Executive Committee member to have infringed upon its Code of Ethics in FIFA's history. Yesterday, he was just a misguided employee who has since taken advice from his peers on board.
The case, according to the FIFA release, is now closed.
The latest Zurich decision was no surprise after FIFA refused to study new information regarding other potential conflicts of interests raised by local Housing Minister Keith Rowley.
Rowley pointed to Warner's involvement in the construction of four new stadia and the renovation of the Hasely Crawford Stadium for the 2001 World Youth Championship, which was held in Trinidad and Tobago.
The then UNC government - of which Warner is now the deputy political leader - backed a loan arrangement worth $365 million that was made between CONCACAF and the funders RGM.
It was later learned that the CONCACAF that received taxpayers' money without tender supposedly on behalf of FIFA was not officially affiliated to the global body but actually a local company listing Warner as its head.
Warner was also paid $6 million as "advice for the project" while the company set up to execute contracts was called the "FIFA Stadia Project" and included his son, Daryan, and accountant Kenny Rampersad among its signatories. At present, Rowley claims, the loan costs taxpayers $4 million a month.
FIFA press officer John Schumacher refused comment though and suggested that all questions regarding the stadia project be directed to the 2001 tournament's Local Organising Committee (LOC). The 2001 LOC was chaired by Warner.
"We don't care," Beckenbauer told the Express last month. "It's not our business."
Warner, who serves on eight FIFA committees, was equally unimpressed with the furore at the time.
"I'm not trembling in my shoes," said Warner, at the Trinidad Hilton on February 20. "I have been associated with all kinds of memories before, and it wouldn't be the last time, it won't be the first time It hasn't fazed me in the least.
"And believe me, I am okay. I'll land on my feet."
A legal shuffle, a show of Caribbean political solidarity and a new FIFA committee to answer to meant that Warner was as good as his word.
Phagwa Jack 'wines' on critics.
BY: Richard Charan (Express).

Back home after being let off by the Executive Committee of FIFA on charges of ethics violations, Jack Warner wined on stage with Phagwa celebrants and then "wined" on his critics, although he said they wanted to kill him politically.
Warner said that before jetting home from Switzerland on Saturday night, he was the one who applied for, and was granted more tickets for sale to Trinidadians wanting to see the Soca Warriors in action in Germany.
Warner was in a celebratory mood last evening at a Phagwa function held at Palmiste Pastures, San Fernando.
Last Friday, FIFA President Joseph Sepp Blatter announced that Warner, a FIFA Vice President, had been cleared of all charges arising out of his family's ownership of Simpaul's Travel Agency. The agency is the sole ticketing agent for the World Cup. FIFA investigated the charges based on an exclusive Express investigation, and after Warner requested an investigation.
Warner, the UNC's Deputy Political Leader, said: "As we all know, the allegations was a political matter. They thought they would discredit me, kill my spirit, my good name and my standing in my country. They figured if they killed me, it would affect the UNC but it didn't work. But don't believe this would be the last time they will try this."
He added: "They will cross me again and I am ready for them. I am happy to be among my people. I feel at home."
Warner said of his family's travel agency: "I have severed ties with the travel service.
I asked FIFA to tell me where is the conflict of interest. They didn't tell me. I went to them, so what is the big hullabaloo?"
Warner, who was doused with abeer and plastered with coloured powder during his stage antics, also promised to tell all about the "level of treachery" involved in in the FIFA ticketing scandal.
About the World Cup tickets, Warner said: "We are getting more tickets.
All those people who wanted four (tickets) and under will get. I made an application and FIFA have accepted it. We will have more tickets than we need."

;D WILL THE REAL TEFLON DON PLEASE STAND UP!! ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The former president of the Scottish Football Association, John McBeth, is set to reignite the controversy over corruption in international soccer tonight.

Interviewed for BBC TV's Panorama, he revisits the allegations he made earlier this year which led to his vice-presidency of Fifa, football's world ruling body, being blocked.

This time he singles out Jack Warner, president of CONCACAF - the regional ruling body covering North and Central America and the Caribbean - whose accusations of racism and bigotry cost Mr McBeth his Fifa post.

He said that when Trinidad and Tobago played Scotland in a friendly in 2004 Mr Warner had asked for the proceeds due to the Trinidad and Tobago FA to be paid directly into his personal account. Mr McBeth refused but claimed he learned later that Mr Warner had gone round several other members of the SFA staff with the same request.

The programme looks at allegations of bribes and kickbacks to Fifa officials, allegations of vote-rigging, business deals and favours for support.

Mr McBeth was due to represent the four home nations on Fifa when he made his bombshell remarks in May.

He was due to step down from his role as SFA president to take over in Zurich from compatriot David Will, with the intention of tackling corruption in the world game.

Asked about ethical standards in international football, he said the four British countries knew what fair play was but some poorer nations were in it for themselves.

"As soon as you hit Africa it's a slightly different kettle of fish. They're poor nations and want to grab what they can. I know two or three whom I'd want to count my fingers after shaking hands with them. I presume the Caribbean is much the same - they just come at it in a different way."

He also said he had won the Fifa vote because other nations hate England. "When you deal with the English it tends to be their game'.

"To put it mildly, they made a mess of it and I wandered through the middle. It's a very funny story." He added: "I'll have to be kinder to the English. I try to keep telling them their notion of themselves is unbelievable. The rest of the world hates their guts."

His remarks provoked an angry response from Mr Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago and is one of seven Fifa vice-presidents.

"Why did he only mention African and Caribbean countries? To me, that smacks of racism of the worst kind," he said. "We all feel deeply insulted and we will support any moves to send him back to Scotland where he belongs."

The result was Mr McBeth's place in Fifa was taken - ironically - by Englishman Geoff Thomson, chairman of the FA.

Mr McBeth tells Panorama: "I was talking about the football people that I've met and dealt with in Africa and in the Caribbean, it was football people I was talking about. I wasn't talking about the nation."

Mr Warner could not be contacted for comment yesterday. He faces a disciplinary investigation over allegations he resold 180 World Cup tickets. His family travel agency was given the rights to sell Trinidad and Tobago's entire allocation.

The main thrust of the Panorama report is whether England has a chance of hosting the World Cup in 2018 - possibly their only chance of winning it, as they did in 1966, says the programme.

When England tried seven years ago, the bid failed amid claims of dodgy deals and bribes among Fifa's leaders.

It asks whether Fifa's own ethics committee, chaired by Lord Coe, might be given a role this time in overseeing the bidding process. But the report says its real influence is under question.

It has so far failed to investigate some of the most serious allegations against Fifa.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
CONCACAF president denies fee allegations

LONDON (Ticker) -- CONCACAF president Jack Warner asked for the fee for an international friendly to be paid into his personal bank account, the former head of the Scottish Football Association alleged on Monday night.

John McBeth, who retired as Scottish FA president in May, told BBC TV's Panorama program that Jack Warner asked for the fee for Trinidad and Tobago's friendly match in Edinburgh in May 2004 to be paid directly to him.

Warner, a vice president of soccer's world governing body, FIFA, insists the claims are "a patent lie".

"There are one or two people on that (FIFA) executive committee that I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them," McBeth said on the program. "Trinidad and Tobago came to play Scotland at Hibernian's ground in Easter Road in Edinburgh. And after the game he asked me to make a check out to his personal account for the game.

"And I said 'We don't do that, it should go to the association'. I then found out later that he'd approached several other staff in my organization ... to do exactly the same thing."

McBeth and Warner have clashed in the past - McBeth was to be the four home nations' British FIFA vice president but was dropped in May after he made comments implying African and Caribbean nations were tainted by corruption and greed.

Warner made an official complaint to FIFA saying the comments "smacked of racism".

"I was talking about the football people that I've met and dealt with in Africa and the Caribbean," McBeth told Panorama. "It was football people I was talking about. I wasn't talking about the nation.

"I'm not a racist bigot and I think it probably says more about Jack and him trying to deflect away the criticism that I was making of corruption."

Warner rejected the allegations. He told PA SportsTicker: "The statement is a patent lie issued by someone whom I got removed from the FIFA executive committee and whose memory has suddenly come to life."

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=txfifawarner&prov=st&type=lgns

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:47:16 AM by Flex »

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Jack Warner - Pro's and Con's
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »
I know alot of guys are passionate about this topic, this is niether an attempt to support, defend, promote or even justify Jack Warner and his dealings, its merely a question I have to the forum.

With all the negative things Jack has done, do we benefit more by having him or not having him?
If Jack Warner were to resign from FIFA, more than likely the next Concacaf Representative will not be from Trinidad, will a US Representative do better for Trinidad than Jack Warner, will we better off?

For instance
1) Would you rather get to see England on home soil, and know that Jack making some serious dollars on the side, OR never see England on home soil?

Basically, we all know Jack bad, there is no disputing that, and I wish he was a benevolent person, we would all be better off, but sometimes you got to live with compromise, and see the big picture, or sometimes you just got to say enough is enough and get rid of a tyrant...

So are we better off with Money Man Jack or would we better off with another (foreign) representative for Concacaf?
Answer as if we are dealing in absolutes, yes we will be better off, no we wont be better off... and state your reasoning.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:42:13 AM by marcus »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner - Pro's and Con's
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
Thanks to Dreamer, here is my opinion
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »
jack is ah con full stop..if yuh want add ah T

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2008, 05:16:46 PM »
jack is ah con full stop..if yuh want add ah T

Give the man a round of applause.....

No real National Patriot or football lover would allow dat small ass flag to be carried onto de field as was done in dat England game. I dont mean comparatively speaking either de shit was just small. Is de SWN BIG FLAG dat save de day where certain media houses are concerned.

Jack my ass.   Jack    ass...       Jack ass...     Jackass....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »
I didn't even want to open this thread. . .

If the Devil give you a present is he good??? Is it okay to work with him???

We don't negotiate with terrorists, nor devils.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »
O'Connor just answer d man 4 oui. I thought your answer buried d Pro part but I was wrong
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2008, 06:53:19 PM »
If yuh uncle take yuh in, feed yuh, clothe yuh, send yuh to skool, Does that mean  he can bull yuh too ?

I ask this question in response to dis..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2008, 06:55:21 PM »
Pro..fessional thief
Con..vict in the making

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »
If yuh uncle take yuh in, feed yuh, clothe yuh, send yuh to skool, Does that mean  he can bull yuh too ?

I ask this question in response to dis..

Soon my children will come of age and just like their first Scotch and coconut water or spliff I will want to be here to see them make their first post. This forum should be nominated for some kind of award. Im not sure which but something dammit.! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2008, 07:16:07 PM »
There are no pro`s with Jack.....just con`s

One after the other,only con`s......like a con....vict

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
jack is an ass full stop, what facking pros alyuh talking about stueps.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »
Dr. Rat post of d yr
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »
BM here...excellent Marcus...excellent topic

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
no pros since he cont cont cont continuously does things to benefit himself and not the game....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »
in a similar vein..

Is an uncorrupt football federation a realistic possibility

i am just throwing this out for discussion..

we all know jack warner is ah blatant ole tief.

we all know he is an unsavoury character and there is no need to rehash the never ending examples of his shameful and corrupt ways.

But what i want to know is whether there is another federation on earth (or political organization for that matter) that operates devoid of the corruption that we so despise.

Do you guys think a football administration really function, stand and prosper without that element of corruption and conduct all their affairs above board?

If you look at the way business is conducted in the football world, corruption has a prominent place. Look at the gift giving, borderline bribery and shady backroom deals that takes place around every World Cup bid. Look at the way clubs and agents conduct their affairs. Right here at home, look at the monetary benefits continuously given to us because of the votes we hold sway over. Even England's presence in Trinidad in less than a week reeks of corruption.

Alot of talk going around about the money the TTFF (and Jack by extension) stands to make off this game, and it seems like the prevailing sentiment is that the less money TTFF make the better. But money makes the world go round not so?  Thats why some people have no problem with Jack tiefing he portion once we get our historic, high profile game and some money into our coffers as a plus.

Ever the optimist, I personally think its entirely possible to have a legit and above board Federation and FPATT injects hope for this.

But what do you guys think?

1]; } ?>