Who is going to the T&T vs Peru match?

Yes
19 (40.4%)
No
17 (36.2%)
Wacthing it on TV
11 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game (10-May-2006).  (Read 106678 times)

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game.
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2006, 11:26:35 PM »
10th May  D day that I was born...ah predicting a birthday present of a 2 nil win to T&T...cheers

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Peru Match Poll
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »
ah my stomach already has butterflys at the first sign of day... soon I will emerge myself in a sea of red... a flood of relentless pride in the form of a red sea of blood. enemys beware.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2006, 04:38:09 AM »
wha yuh mean .. i mus go !
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i looking at a 4-1 ... send them back embarrased..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2006, 05:29:59 AM »
First half.

Jack
Andrews, Sancho, Lawrence, Avery
Edwards, Yorke, Birchall, Whitley
John, Samuel.

Second half.

Ince
Spann, Gray, Cox, Charles
Theobald, Latapy, Rougier, Scotland
Jones, Wolfe

To bad only one left footer we have on this 24 man team, Wise would have come in good.

PS: Happy birthday Croc.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:37:02 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »
so allyuh not starting latas in he last game at the stadium........
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2006, 05:42:51 AM »
Because its latapy last game on T&T soil, he should start ? get real.... this is world cup, not party cup.

This is the last game on T&T soil for Yorke, Andrews, Avery, Charles, Lawrence, Cox, Rougier and Jack too.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2006, 05:51:04 AM »
sorry sando......let me put it another way....he better than the rest....so he will start....rewind to de guatemala match.....was that a party ???

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
world cup start
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2006, 05:54:34 AM »
as far as i concerned...this is it.....tnt world cup start today vz peru.....yes the first game is on june 10th....but here we go.....everyday from now we will follow every move and detail of the team....lets pray all goes well between now and the 10th of june....god bless tnt.......

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2006, 05:55:45 AM »
sorry sando......let me put it another way....he better than the rest....so he will start....rewind to de guatemala match.....was that a party ???

You thought the same vs Bahrian. We shall see.

But Latas is great, that I know....  :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2006, 06:49:40 AM »
we shall see???....we seeing for 20 years.....watch over the bahrain game bredder....come to de stadium and then watch de world cup games.....there is only one russel latapy my friend.....get ready to starve.....

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2006, 07:31:00 AM »
i goin down to take in the match...

ah dunno what time i going....ah tryin to link with d crew early....

ah get good enough info that Channel 4 bringing the match.....

Are they showing de game. Is channel 4 HomeviewTNT also If they are then I can watch it on iternet there and hear trini commentators ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2006, 08:12:52 AM »
Ok guys I got $150 US riding on this game so far and one of My friends from Peru whom I bet $100 sware that now they have this Farfan guy coming to play today that they will beat us... anyone know who is this Farfan guy is they are saying he is as good as Ronalidinho and barcelona FC wants him really bad.

Who is this guy and could he change the outcome of the game this much?

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game - COVERAGE
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2006, 08:40:10 AM »
ok............confirmed...........CHANNEL 4 SHOWING THE GAME FROM 6PM

105 carrying the radio feed................
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »
Ok guys I got $150 US riding on this game so far and one of My friends from Peru whom I bet $100 sware that now they have this Farfan guy coming to play today that they will beat us... anyone know who is this Farfan guy is they are saying he is as good as Ronalidinho and barcelona FC wants him really bad.

I don't think Farfan in the Peruvian squad today NYC, so yuh money should be safe.

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
anyone know if......
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »
we cud see d game on d net and wha site...i coming home fri from school in d states nah, and we hah training tonyte and ting so i wanna know if the game goh be live on d net at all???

thanks

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2006, 08:46:58 AM »
Anyone know for sure what US stations are bringing the game? ???

Help te foreign crew nah

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2006, 08:47:58 AM »
I think he's a PSV Eindhoven striker.

I've seen him play in the Champions League against Lyon. He's good, but good as Ronaldhino? HELL NO!

here's a rundown on him...

Jefferson Farfán Guadalupe (born October 26, 1984 in Lima, Peru) is a Peruvian football forward, who currently plays for PSV Eindhoven of the Eredivisie. He is a fine dribbler, and has since proved himself as one of the Eredivisie's most lethal strikers.

Farfán began his professional career with Alianza Lima of Peru, with whom he signed in 2001. Although he saw some time in 2001, Farfan broke through in 2002, becoming an impact player and helping Alianza win the Peruvian championship.

In his final season with the club in 2004, Farfán scored 14 goals for Alianza Lima, helping the club to another Peruvian championship. Following that season, he was purchased by Dutch club PSV Eindhoven, for a reported 2 million Euro transfer fee.

Farfan is currently an important player for the Peru national team. Since making his debut for the side in February of 2003, he has already registered more than 20 caps. He has also contributed vital goals for PSV both domestically as well as in the UEFA Champions League which saw PSV enjoying a fine run to the semi-finals of the 2004/2005 season.

Jefferson Farfán ended the South American 2006 World Cup qualifiers as the second top scorer, with 7 goals.

Apparently this season he scored 21 goals in 28 dutch league matches and 2 in  8 Champions League matches (plus 3 in the Dutch cup competition)

I'm almost willing to be 150 US that your friend is putting you on and just trying to scare you. He isn't going to be there
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »

Are they showing de game. Is channel 4 HomeviewTNT a

lso If they are then I can watch it on iternet there and hear trini commentators ;D

what and listen to DAVE LAMMY!!??

ohhhhhh i envy you bredda.

Once de stadium sell out 90% of their tickets its supposed to be televised.

i believe.... look out for us in the Warrior Nation section.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2006, 08:54:13 AM »

Are they showing de game. Is channel 4 HomeviewTNT a

lso If they are then I can watch it on iternet there and hear trini commentators ;D

what and listen to DAVE LAMMY!!??

ohhhhhh i envy you bredda.

Once de stadium sell out 90% of their tickets its supposed to be televised.

i believe.... look out for us in the Warrior Nation section.

channel 4 showing and 105 broadcastin....

what time u headin down jeffrez?
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline jimbo

• I iz a Piper!
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2006, 08:59:28 AM »
ThemanFriday, what channel on TVAnts showing d game brudder? ;D
I an I iz u and u..seen

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2006, 09:03:22 AM »

I don't think Farfan in the Peruvian squad today NYC, so yuh money should be safe.

Originally he was not playing but my friend from Peru is telling me that he will be showing up after all... is was a late decision for him to play

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04:16 AM »
Anyone know for sure what US stations are bringing the game? ???

Help te foreign crew nah

Ya help out the foregin crew nah and one know anything here??

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
a lil help....
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:58 AM »
anyone know if u cud see d game live on d net??? and if so wat site...??

thanks

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Go guys go
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »
Go guys go
(Newsday)

Wednesday, May 10 2006

TODAY all eyes are on the Soca Warriors as they play their last local match against Peru before heading off to Germany to seek World Cup glory. Trinidad and Tobago will play other warm-up matches en route to Germany including against the Czech Republic.

Cold logic should dictate that since we have already qualified for the World Cup, it is immaterial whether we win or lose today’s practice match against lowly ranked Peru, who are not even in the World Cup.

However, in practice fans are expecting a good showing from the Warriors. A victory will serve to continue to build up our still fledgling national confidence since beating Bahrain before we face the big fish of Group B - England, Sweden and Paraguay.

Today’s match is also important for practical reasons. The Peruvians will expose the players to the tough South American style of football they can expect from Paraguay. The Soca Warriors, in beating Iceland, have already seen the Scandinavian style they can expect from Sweden, and in their individual clubs abroad they would be familiar with the English football style.

In addition, today’s match will give our team a chance to gel, remembering that they have not played together since the Iceland game in February.

The match will give the Warriors a chance to practise some safe set pieces, and also provide them the opportunity to try out some creative innovations, although there is a feeling that coach Leo Beenhakker will lean towards playing it safe. Indeed, while a victory will be a great morale-booster and equally a loss could be a real setback to our collective psyche, it would be foolish to take any wild chances which might put the players at risk of injury.

While the match has been described as an international “friendly”, it may in fact turn out to be not so friendly. South Americans have a tough reputation on the football field. Moreso, while Peru has had a glorious footballing history in qualifying for three out of the four World Cups held from 1970 to 1982, they have recently nose-dived to place ninth out of ten countries in South America, and may now feel like playing us as if they have nothing to lose.

Another outcome of the match is that it will project Trinidad and Tobago on the world stage even before the World Cup kicks off. Many foreign media personnel are present in Trinidad and Tobago for the match, including from the United Kingdom and Sweden.

Today’s match will also give us some indication of the prospects for the Warriors in Germany. Coming under the microscope will be the strategising of coach Beenhakker, and the command of captain Dwight Yorke.

Beenhakker is expected to play his strongest side today. He will be very mindful of the terrible psychological blow that a loss to Peru could inflict on the Soca Warriors and our citizens.

So all in all, people will be watching the match for an indication of the performance that our players are capable of taking to the World Cup.

Nationals of Trinidad and Tobago will today expect a nice little local demonstration of what a world-class football team can do, as a preview to Germany.

So with a capacity home-crowd expected to flood the National Stadium in a sea of red, notwithstanding the high price of the tickets, Trinidad and Tobago has everything to play for.

Good luck, Soca Warriors! Go guys go!

GO WARRIORS GO!
JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Wednesday, May 10 2006

Sell-out crowd for last home game

LOCAL football fans will have a final chance to see both Russell Latapy in his final international game on home soil, as well as the national team in action, before the Warriors leave for a pre-World Cup training stint in Europe.

With the 37-year-old Latapy affirming his decision to retire from national duty following next month’s FIFA World Cup in Germany, it may also be the last chance for the Trinidad and Tobago public to see his close friend captain Dwight Yorke, on the field of play.

Both Latapy and Yorke, who are undeniably the country’s most popular and yet controversial players, made international comebacks at various stages in 2005, in order to guide TT from rocky waters to the joys of World Cup participation.

The duo, who are the only members of the revered Strike Squad still involved in the top flight of the game, will be seeking to leave lasting memories on the home fans when Trinidad and Tobago oppose Peru at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo today from 6.30 pm.

Other players who may be pondering their future after the World Cup are Shaka Hislop, Clayton Ince, Kelvin Jack, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Dennis Lawrence, Ian Cox and Anthony Rougier, all 30 years and over.

In that regard, it will be heartening to note that Chris Birchall, Silvio Spann, Kenwyne Jones, Collin Samuel, Densil Theobald, Cornell Glen and Anthony Wolfe — the future flagbearers of the national team’s dreams and aspirations — are all 25 years and under.

Therefore, today’s match, and the World Cup in general, are important moments for the short and long-term future of Trinidad and Tobago football.

Despite the high cost of a ticket, a sell-out crowd is expected at the Hasely Crawford Stadium for today’s highly-anticipated match.

Hislop and Glen are out of today’s fixture, with Hislop’s attention focused on this weekend’s English FA Cup final against Liverpool, for his club West Ham, while Glen suffered a hamstring injury a fortnight ago with his US MLS club Los Angeles Wizards.

Andrews joined the squad yesterday from his Scottish Premier League team Rangers and will be doubtful to play this evening.

Another important focus of today’s game will be the fact that it will be the last international before coach Leo Beenhakker finalises his 23-member World Cup team, meaning an omission for one of his 24-man provisional squad.

With FIFA mandating that the full team be announced by May 15, it is the final opportunity for Cox, Rougier, Samuel, Wolfe and David Atiba Charles to book their places to Germany.

During their World Cup test-run, the national squad will meet Wales on May 27, Slovenia on May 31 and Czech Republic on June 3, while their World Cup Group “B” campaign kicks off against Sweden on June 10.

Today’s game will, in a variety of ways, be a gauge for the squad before leaving for Europe on Saturday.

Teams:

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO: Kelvin Jack, Clayton Ince (goalkeepers); Dennis Lawrence, Avery John, Ian Cox, Brent Sancho, Cyd Gray, David Atiba Charles (defenders); Anthony Rougier, Dwight Yorke (capt), Russell Latapy, Densil Theobald, Carlos Edwards, Chris Birchall, Silvio Spann, Aurtis Whitley (midfielders); Stern John, Kenwyne Jones, Collin Samuel, Anthony Wolfe, Jason Scotland (strikers).

PERU: George Sommer, Erick Vasquez, Leao Gotuzzo (goalkeepers); Santiago Pena, Manuel Gonzales, Miguel Hurtado, Amilton Barron, John Castro, Ernesto Donayre (defenders); Aldo Vasallo, Paulo Durand, Rainer Salas, Carlos Zamora, Miguel Abad (midfielders); Roberto Jimenez, Wilmer Vasquez, Douglas Santillana, Pedro De La Cruz, Gustavo Ferrari (strikers).

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
please do not erase...i just wanna know....
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »
i just wanna noe if the game is on the net...and if it is wat site???

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: please do not erase...i just wanna know....
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2006, 09:31:52 AM »
you not getting erased, look in the Thread for the T&T vs Peru Game.
it being moved there

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2006, 09:37:47 AM »

i will be there

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »
I'll be there in spirit
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad Vs Peru - Ticket Distribution
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2006, 09:41:37 AM »
DO WE WALK WITH WARRIORNATION ID??

can people who aint buy warriornation tickests or in the warriornation sit with us??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2006, 10:04:31 AM »
I'll be there in spirit

I second that

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>