April 23, 2024, 12:15:11 PM

Author Topic: Marvin Oliver Thread  (Read 50205 times)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Real Reason Marvin Oliver Cyar make a TT side
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
Trinidadians hav d most batty man I ever come across ,is like  alyuh does just maco pplz buisness.this c$nt find out something that he probably wasnt nothing he knew personally he probably hear ppl talkin that talk and run on here to run he dick suckers .
bajanscout

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Trinidadians hav d most batty man I ever come across ,is like  alyuh does just maco pplz buisness.this c$nt find out something that he probably wasnt nothing he knew personally he probably hear ppl talkin that talk and run on here to run he dick suckers .

uuuhhhh.....whey all yuh does come out??...... ??? chupsss....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
man change yur name
nutten trini in you
yardy
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
With respect to the need for a visa ...  I have said before and I'll say again ... Why do we remain locked blindly in this 'via Miami' mindset? It has wrought havoc in a number of situations in the past and presumably will continue to do so.

There are direct flights to Central American destinations EVERY DAY out of Caracas. EVERY DAY! Not only do these flights obviate the need for dealing with the US, they are also practical for other reasons. Certainly, they are cheaper than charters.

A couple other considerations apply as well, but I'll leave it here.

Only problem with that is the reliability of any flight going to caracas and leaving on time .... we may not get to the game in time  :beermug:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »
With respect to the need for a visa ...  I have said before and I'll say again ... Why do we remain locked blindly in this 'via Miami' mindset? It has wrought havoc in a number of situations in the past and presumably will continue to do so.

There are direct flights to Central American destinations EVERY DAY out of Caracas. EVERY DAY! Not only do these flights obviate the need for dealing with the US, they are also practical for other reasons. Certainly, they are cheaper than charters.

A couple other considerations apply as well, but I'll leave it here.

Only problem with that is the reliability of any flight going to caracas and leaving on time .... we may not get to the game in time :beermug:

Even when the team reach Caracas late...they would be minus their gears.  Them fellas does actually break open yuh luggage and take out what they want, and Aeropostal does nothing about it by way of compensation.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2008, 11:52:20 AM »
Miami has a documented history wid that too ... plenty AA baggage handlers geh hold for dat scene ... anyway, both a dem issues solvable ... by the way, in MIA ah use to see hermetically-sealed bags on a regular ... dem shrink wrap, saran wrap man was making beaucoup $$$$$$$

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Questions for Marvin Oliver?
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
After making 2007 his most successful season in professional football, what's next for the dreadlocked midfielder? What else do you want to know? Well, now is your chance to get up close and personal with Marvin Oliver. The Warrior Nation Media is in the process of securing an interview with Marvin after he returns from Scotland. If you have any questions for Marvin, please e-mail them ASAP to media@thewarriornation.com.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:17:40 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Marvin Oliver?
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
Rehash...

1. How old are you? Some have you as old as 35.
2. What are you career aspirations at this point, given your age (whatever that may be)
3. What are your aspirations vis-a-vis the national team.  How does it tie into your professional goals and are those dual goals realistic in your view point
4. In what way do you think the situation involving your transfer from Caledonia to Jabloteh could have been handled more smoothly.
5. What would you consider to be your biggest career disappointment?  What contributed to it in your mind?
6. What is your notion of what constitutes a 'Professional' and in what ways do you think you conform or differ from that standard.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2008, 09:32:22 AM »
I know that we supposed to email but I would like to see what others are asking.

How many more seasons do you think you have in the tank?
What are your aspiration after you hang up your boots?
What could have been done earlier in your career to get you to the playing level you are at now?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:37:57 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

truetrini

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »
re: questions for Marvin

1.  Has your passport situation been sorted out?
2.  After having a great season and missing a call up to the national outfit, how do you keep yourself motivated?
3.  Much ahs been made about the poor standard of play in the Pro League by the old Dutch contingent, what are your feelings about the past comments and how do you rate the pro league?
4.  If you could make one plea to the fans in T&T what would it be?
5.  Are you a member of FPATT?  If not, why? And do you intend to join.

Respect, and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »
why do you fall so much when contesting balls  ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marvin Oliver says He wants to play for the national team
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2008, 05:44:44 PM »
I  just saw on cnc3 he won the MVP of the ttproleague, with a trophy and new car. Have he ever got called up for trials?  How good is he?  And thank you ttproleague for not fixing your website, you continued excellence in marketing is truely honored.  You have a big award ceremony and aint fix the website.  What you webmaster busy making the trophies out cast away oil barrels?

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Marvin Oliver says He wants to play for the national team
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »
I  just saw on cnc3 he won the MVP of the ttproleague, with a trophy and new car. Have he ever got called up for trials?  How good is he?  And thank you ttproleague for not fixing your website, you continued excellence in marketing is truely honored.  You have a big award ceremony and aint fix the website.  What you webmaster busy making the trophies out cast away oil barrels?

He played for the Trinidad and Tobago National team already. He has visa issues though and that is also going to affect his availability with the national team.

kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »
Marvin congrats and nuff respect...someone from duncan street....representing...this is kingfish giving a shout..out....so if yuh reading this...keep the faith...yuh will make the national team...for south africa 2010

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »
Pro League have dat kinda money...to be giving 'way motor car?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2008, 07:02:31 PM »

He played for the Trinidad and Tobago National team already. He has visa issues though and that is also going to affect his availability with the national team.

kingman

oh lord, hope he get the visa issue fixed.  First thing the man say is that he want to play for the national team.  Like that really hurt him

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »

He just play Ash Wed for the new coach.
Doh think he was available for the El Salvador game so probably why he wasn't called for the JA game.

If he cah travel to Miami dat cud be pressure cuz they connect there for plenty games....unless u can just go in a transit lounge but I doubt.

Well just push for that Puerto Rico game and hopefully he get call to training (better go despite what yuh club coach say lol)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

kingman

The head women's coach of T&T can't enter the USA nad coaching a National team, so why Marvin can't get on the team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »
wait nuh is gallas who trying to hide his face in that pic
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2008, 05:12:00 AM »
is long time it hurtin de man,

but keep yu head up bro, it wil happen :beermug: :beermug:

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2008, 06:18:38 AM »

He just play Ash Wed for the new coach.
Doh think he was available for the El Salvador game so probably why he wasn't called for the JA game.

If he cah travel to Miami dat cud be pressure cuz they connect there for plenty games....unless u can just go in a transit lounge but I doubt.

Well just push for that Puerto Rico game and hopefully he get call to training (better go despite what yuh club coach say lol)

I don't believe they have them in transit lounge anymore. If you passing in the US then you must have a visa if my memory serves correct.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2008, 06:38:30 AM »
Just curios to know... Why do papers always say a motor car... why not a car?????

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
i doubt oliver going to get anymore call ups...based on anotn comment a few weeks back
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2008, 07:39:52 AM »
Well dey say God is a Trini, so I guess He should play for the national team

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »
i doubt oliver going to get anymore call ups...based on anotn comment a few weeks back

What Anton say about him,  I know Anton have great influence on Maturana that's why he have so much youth getting burn  fi the ssquad

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2008, 12:41:37 PM »
Just curios to know... Why do papers always say a motor car... why not a car?????

Dai'z one of the many 'British-ism' that remain in our vocabulary.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »

Sponsorhip. They doh have to spend no money.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 05, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »

What Anton say about him,  I know Anton have great influence on Maturana that's why he have so much youth getting burn  fi the ssquad

well the coach comments
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161296829

Coach came in, he said it is always good to have young players within your squad. And sometimes it's better to have players 18, 19, 20 with potential, than players 28, 29, 30, who have reached their limit. The ones with potential can possibly even go further."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 05, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »

well the coach comments
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=161296829

Coach came in, he said it is always good to have young players within your squad. And sometimes it's better to have players 18, 19, 20 with potential, than players 28, 29, 30, who have reached their limit. The ones with potential can possibly even go further."

So daiz it for Hardest den?... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 05, 2008, 05:40:14 PM »

Sponsorhip. They doh have to spend no money.
Yeah I didn't mean that they literally expended the money....but commenting on the value of the prize, still pretty impressive that they can afford such a prize (it's still theirs to give...albeit in the sponsor's name).

1]; } ?>