June 01, 2024, 02:58:41 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).  (Read 146573 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Apart from certain Jamaican posters on this site
« Reply #1140 on: March 27, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »
I will go on record as saying i ent have nothing against Jamaica or Jamaicans.

I doh particularly like their culture (both capital and common C) but is people I admire for the way they know how to be proud of they own and stand up for theyself.
And they have a REAL passion for sport - something that sadly lacking here in T&T.

On the other hand I can't stand 2 things, assholes and badmind. Is a pity that the main jamaican posters on this site fall right into that category.
Unfortunately we have quite a few among the regular posters too, so I guess it balances out.

It takes all kinds to make a forum, right?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 27, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
Under all the 'ol talk, nothing atall wrong with Jamaicans. I find them to be a warm and engaging people who have just as good a sense of humor as Trinis, just more subtle, and a real strong sense of pride. I don't take the 3 we have here as being an example of totally mentally healthy people, and wrong or right people associate them with normal Jamaicans.

And they bring out the worst zenophobic instincts of the forum.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 27, 2008, 05:06:28 PM »
Under all the 'ol talk, nothing atall wrong with Jamaicans. I find them to be a warm and engaging people who have just as good a sense of humor as Trinis, just more subtle, and a real strong sense of pride. I don't take the 3 we have here as being an example of totally mentally healthy people, and wrong or right people associate them with normal Jamaicans.

yeah I went to high school in Canada with quite a few Jamaicans and when I moved to Edmonton and worked in Jasper National park for CN Rail for three months my room mate was Jamaican and on a couple occasions he and I had to stand up against a couple of a-holes.
Thank God he was there... :devil:

AND Xenophobic instincts also :devil:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:28:11 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »

And quite frankly it's embarrasing to read.  I had a couple Jamaican pardna from another board peeping yesterday (didn't even know they visited the site)...and I had to try and explain away some of the comments.  Fortunately they were rational about the whole thing.  Reading some people comments about "well we like dis fella, he realize he's ah guest".  Guest??  this is de blasted internet not yuh drawing room.

lol

leroy

RadioJamaica
« Reply #1144 on: March 27, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
Boyz and Warriors draw     
Thursday, 27 March 2008 
Jamaica was held to 2 all draw by Trinidad and Tobago in their friendly international at the National Stadium Wednesday night. 

The Reggae Boyz led 2 nil at the half time break following strikes from captain Marlon King in the 34th minute and Tyrone Marshall in the 40th minute.

However, Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors pulled one back in the 75th minute and then equalized through Captain Curtis Whitley in the 90th minute.

The draw means Jamaica and Trinidad share the inaugural Bi-centennial Trophy which the teams will vie for in the future 

Technical director Rene Simoes unbeaten record at the national stadium was extended to 49 games.                         

[ Back ]

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 27, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »

And quite frankly it's embarrasing to read.  I had a couple Jamaican pardna from another board peeping yesterday (didn't even know they visited the site)...and I had to try and explain away some of the comments.  Fortunately they were rational about the whole thing.  Reading some people comments about "well we like dis fella, he realize he's ah guest".  Guest??  this is de blasted internet not yuh drawing room.

lol

:rotfl: yuh know how long me eh hear dat saying lol....and ppl think you is ah yank?  :devil:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

leroy

Re: Trinidad in Jamaica Final Comment:
« Reply #1146 on: March 27, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
auuu, auuu ,auuu can I share some of the Braging rights?

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »
auuu auuu auuu can I share some of the Braging rights?
NO :devil:

yeah yeah yeah ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 27, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »
FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Re: Listen to this Jamaican joker asking questions!
« Reply #1149 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »
There is no way in hell dat fella was a journalist...he managed to find himself inthe press conference and made an ass of himself.

come on..who in their right mind would think that he is a real journalist...he would be out of a job now.

well some asses here or elsewhere would believe dat and even try to make a point of why he said what he said and dat somehow it is justified.

dummy

If you don't like what I said, go suck your mother  :devil:

Kingman
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:43:47 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 27, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »
Allyuh not all Jamaicans bad eh.  :D

This is what my friend had to say about the results:

"Thing is, I'm not 'upset', like The Clueless One (Re: Avram Grant - he's a Chelsea fan) upset....Simoes wanted to see how some of these bench players would've faired....an obviously, they're clearly not cut out to play on the national level.

Fair result though...we dominated the 1st, T&T dominated the 2nd, so I'm not terribly disappointed...but in the 90th minute, dem defenders should have more pride dan dat!"

And bout the defenders:

"Simoes need to bench some a dem Reggae TOYZ....Some a dem Central Defender fi go find wuk, an figet bout ball fi good..."

lol

So not everybody is an RF or Jamaica2009, or that "reporter".

True Toppa but ah still wonder what make some ah dem think dey can easily disrespect most of the caribbean (especially the smaller islands)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 27, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »
Why is there os much hatred of Jamaicans?

Sporting and particular football rivalries, why do some feel the need to cuss out Jamaicans all the time?

I can understand Rf and others who troll and flame here getting dey little cuss out but we sometimes take this into the ridiculous.

Only a few people iz cuss out RF, LP and JA2099.... I think for the most part we humor them and indulge in a little rivalrous exchange. End of day Jamaica is poor knock off immitation of Trinidad and I think we treat them accordingly  ;D....jokin'  Personally I like meh reggae & jerk chicken and I have family from Jamaica so I cool with our little sisters up north and I'm sure many others on the board are too...iz just a small minority that set a bad tone IMO.
So let me see if I got this right: Jamaica qualified for the World Cup in 1998, won 1 match and loss 2. T&T qualified in 2006 drew 1 and loss 2.

Yeeaahh! I can definately see the logic where Jamaica is a poor knock off imitation of T&T. 
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 27, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »
Gangstas
what about the HATRED allya have for your OWN citizens who are different.
Songs that call for their DEATHS

if allya PROUD of that, allya more screwed up than I thought.

http://action.web.ca/home/lgbt/databank.shtml?x=105644&AA_EX_Session=1d21392405c066db210f9139808e3438
http://asiapacific.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR380022007?open&of=ENG-JAM
It's called racism. And it's not limited to any one country.
jjbrown

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 27, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
Lord, please help the simple people on this board!
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 27, 2008, 06:00:56 PM »
Steups I just cant take on arrogant people..and most Jamaicans I've come across are arrogant...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The unbiased evaluation thread - Jamaica vs T&T
« Reply #1155 on: March 27, 2008, 06:06:35 PM »
TT doh say de man head hard, he go accuse yuh of being a racist  :devil:

Speaking of unbiased I going in RB forum to see what real Jamaicans saying bout this game.
true talk TT

leroy

« Reply #1156 on: March 27, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
Steups I just cant take on arrogant people..and most Jamaicans I've come across are arrogant...
No that's not true,you just stereotype against jamaicans based on your, 'know how'
which make you ! arrogant brother man.

Berris I am calling you to the forum,I would like you to contribute.
You have alot of rages against jamaicans,why ?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 27, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
tell them fukkers from behind sweeter.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 27, 2008, 06:15:46 PM »
No that's not true,you just stereotype against jamaicans based on your, 'know how'
which make you ! arrogant brother man.

Berris I am calling you to the forum,I would like you to contribute.
You have alot of rages against jamaicans,why ?
Leroy I really dont have no time to do the back and forth chat thing with you..If you think am arrogant because most Jamaicans I've met are arrogant then thats ur problem...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (26-Mar-2008).
« Reply #1159 on: March 27, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
[
And now you atacking the women for no reason. you related to Jamal Gay?

??? ???

Jamal Gay attack yuh woman? sorry tuh hear dat....nex time keep she cage locked like de rest of the beast allyuh does breed wit and Jamal will not have to defend himself
   :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »
fellas ah just want yuh opinions...whitley cudda get call fuh ah hands on de last goal?
he kinda jump and crouch wit he hands in front(although he head turn and wasnt watching) and de ball come down off he hand and settle in front of him......
possible?

Still pleased with the result, considering we was down 2-0.
Glad de youths getting ah run AND EXPERIENCE!
Cuddos to mathura..yuh know how long i aint see tnt play a passing game( or try tuh) and adandon de damn long ball game??...dat was de best part for me...
touches- very good analysis

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 27, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
and ah fine roberts looked very confident and positive on de ball...our best indivdual player on de night i think....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1162 on: March 27, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
fellas ah just want yuh opinions...whitley cudda get call fuh ah hands on de last goal?
he kinda jump and crouch wit he hands in front(although he head turn and wasnt watching) and de ball come down off he hand and settle in front of him
possible?

Still pleased with the result, considering we was down 2-0.
Glad de youths getting ah run AND EXPERIENCE!
Cuddos to mathura..yuh know how long i aint see tnt play a passing game( or try tuh) and adandon de damn long ball game??...dat was de best part for me...
touches- very good analysis

Same question I ask in another thread. Nobody eh say nutten. To me he was blockin his face from the blast. Me eh know.

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 27, 2008, 06:28:43 PM »
[
And now you atacking the women for no reason. you related to Jamal Gay?

??? ???

Jamal Gay attack yuh woman? sorry tuh hear dat....nex time keep she cage locked like de rest of the beast allyuh does breed wit and Jamal will not have to defend himself
   :rotfl:  :rotfl:
allyuh aint easy oui lol :D :D :D

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 27, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »
He remind meh of dah next idiot tony cozier..........

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 27, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Dis thread reached 30 plus pages...that is some funny s%$t.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 27, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »
Anybody posted video highlights from the game yet?   I tusty to see the game and I can only find post game interviews on youtube

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 27, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
Anybody posted video highlights from the game yet?   I tusty to see the game and I can only find post game interviews on youtube
check Small Mags post here
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34836.msg409722#msg409722
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 27, 2008, 07:44:23 PM »
Well, ah jes reach back today after witnessing meh first match at de "illustrious" Office. First of all, I would like to give de yardies some props for what I considered a good all-round event, except for de actual football :devil:. Vendors were setting up their stations and men was scalping tickets from since about 3 PM. Soon thereafter, all manner of beast was being grilled, creating huge billows of smoke. De ticket prices were $15 USD (bleachers), and $35 USD and $42 USD for Grandstand. I probably went inside about 6 PM. De DJ man was constantly hyping de crowd, but ah find he was boring especially with this whole routine where he would refer to us as de curry and roti people and de Jamaicans as de pepper people. "We will put some peppa in dat curry, RIGHTTTT?, Say PEEEPPPPPPAAAAA! Flash unnuh lighta!" Steups, I doh know where he get de idea dat curry and roti is we national dish, maybe from Big Mag's anecdote about Theobald in Hott Shoppe. One jokey ting dat happen was dat de DJ call up some yute man, ask him where he from, to which he replied "Kingston". De DJ holding out a $1000J bill, and tell him to say PEPPA. De yute man bawl out CURRY and raff de money. He sound like ah Trini. At half-time dey cut de floodlights and used roving spotlights to showcase de entertainment, which consisted of Beenie Man and Junior Reid. It was well done. The effect was more like a concert arena. I was getting chat from dem yardies from de time I land in Kingston, but it was cool, no malice, nutten. Man at de gate tearing meh ticket and saying "Yes, my yute, now yuh could go inside and collect 4".

Imagine, Jamaica eh even play ah qualifier yet, and dem already have dey sponsors lined up running ads talking about SA 2010. What we doing?

I eh go bother to go into details and rehash a lot of what was said, but here is my brief overview of de actual football match:

General:
The Jamaicans were hungrier and more aggressive than us. There was nothing particularly enterprising about their play, but I give them credit for quickly finding our weak links and continually exploiting them. I see many people talking about Akeem Adams, but we had the same problem in the right back position (Kern Cupid I think). As a matter of fact, I found the interplay between the wing backs and wide midfielders to be deficient, especially on the right side. You could see our unit's inexperience in several areas of the game. They were too timid, they let themselves get riled easily, and they made a bunch of rash tackles. On the subject of rash tackles, I noticed that Keon Daniel displayed a tendency to tackle clumsily. This is the first time I have him seen him play so I don't know if that's a normal part of his game or not. There were times when a free kick would be given against us and men would be arguing with the referee, while de Jamaicans looking to take quick one, only to be thwarted by Whitely. Dem fellas need to learn about dem kinda tings. I saw mention made of the passing game that we were playing, but I did not see it. To me the percentage of our completed passes wasn't that great. There was a point in time when it seemed like all we would do is win the ball and give it straight back. Overall, our decision making appeared to be slow, even when there wasn't any pressure being applied.

Ah know allyuh must be saying "buh Tallman yuh doh eat nice, yuh eh say nutten positive yet". I just separating de result from de actual ball dat was played and putting it in perspective. One of the hallmarks of successful teams is the ability to grind out results even when their play is below par. The result was great in that respect, and it provides motivation to the youths. It also save meh from getting all kinda talk after de game  :rotfl:. I just hope they take it in stride and not let it get to their heads. One thing I have noticed post-St. Clair, is that time and time again we have showed the ability to persevere till the end which has resulted in come-from-behind wins and draws. If anything, dem yutes need to be given a healthy round of applause for showing that trait. The group should realize that they have a long way to go, but this kind of exposure has long been needed in our football. You can't teach experience, you have to experience it. Give de youths ah chance! (in de right setting). Take dem to Central America and show dem what it's like.

MVP
Darryl Roberts: Dat fella work like ah dog and fight for everyting. Was involved in our two firsts goal (ah including de one dey teef we :devil:). I eh tink Randi Patterson figured out to position himself to deal with the balls won by Darryl. I spoke to Darryl after the match and he said he was extremely tired and had some difficulty adjusting to the humidity in such a short space of time. At first, ah thought we bring back Birchall yes, fuss he was looking almost white. Ah say "wait nah, but yuh looking redder dan usual?". He say "yeh, is de snow".

Honourable mentions:
Jan-Michael Williams - I can't remember him putting a foot wrong in the match, but I didn't have de benefit of instant replay, so I could be wrong.
Aurtis Whitley - I thought he handled the role of holding midfielder well. You could see that it's not something natural for him, and I myself prefer him as an attacking midfielder where he have more license to do he ting. Kept things calm and collected for the most part, and of course he run everybody out de stadium wit de left-footer.

I met up with Fuentes, and he invited me to the post-match press conference, but I ended up missing it because ah was waiting on ah pardna. Ah couldna leave him out, because he wouldna know where ah was and he didn't have ah phone. Shaka was at the game, as well as Courtney Walsh and Seaga. Knowing dat it have ah setta Trinis in JA, ah find de support could have been much better, but den again, what else is new?

And before allyuh ask for pictures, lemme tell yuh right now I eh take any, because I was only operating at about 30-40% healthwise. Some kinda flu hit me for ah six, and I was down for de count Sunday night, whole day Monday and Tuesday. I had tuh rell summon de will power to make it to JA, and I eh fully recover as yet.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 27, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »
Thanks Tallman...very informative.....

de bess line was this
"I spoke to Darryl after the match and he said he was extremely tired and had some difficulty adjusting to the humidity in such a short space of time. At first, ah thought we bring back Birchall yes, fuss he was looking almost white. Ah say "wait nah, but yuh looking redder dan usual?". He say "yeh, is de snow"." ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:20:32 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>