June 07, 2024, 04:16:20 PM

Author Topic: Vuvuzelas  (Read 29036 times)

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch coach joins chorus to ban vuvuzela
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
you can get rid of the Vuvuzela noise if you have digital equalizer...Just set up a band-stop filter at 233Hz (with secondaries at 466Hz, 932 Hz and 1864Hz)...

details & Logic set-up (in German) : http://www.surfpoeten.de/tube/

allyuh RPI men eh easy at all nah...

how to drown out Alexi Lalas?

I can assure you that all the best people are working on it.

giggsy11

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
Ah bet half of the blowin is being done by a bunch ah wannabe tourists who jus wanna be apart of the scene. The coaches and the players should aim dey criticisms at dey own supporters.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »
adapt or go home!

:beermug:
When are they going to ban RACIST chants!  ::)

Big Up!

WELL SAIDDDDDDDD

VERY WELL SAID.  All who doh like it could watch american sports...nice, quiet, boring and intermittent chants of "DE-FENSE!!" (how exciting!)....and the commentary on the television comin' through loud and clear.  When the WC was played in Argentina in '78 the players had to play thorugh constant streams of confettie, toilet paper and damned near as much noise.......nobody complained. 

You could try and stop materials from comin into a match - you cah stop a man mouth from comin in.

The vuvuzuelas have very little redeeming qualities if any - people enitled to their opinion - and that opinion seems to be in the majority. On both the Fan AND Player side.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:18 PM »
Allyuh just doh understand how to use de vuvuzelas nah. Look a tutorial.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:12 PM »
dem Dutch feel they own and run any thing in South Africa eh   >:(  leave the thing, it's unique to this WC and culture

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
adapt or go home!

Big Up!

WELL SAIDDDDDDDD

VERY WELL SAID.  All who doh like it could watch american sports...nice, quiet, boring and intermittent chants of "DE-FENSE!!" (how exciting!)....and the commentary on the television comin' through loud and clear.  When the WC was played in Argentina in '78 the players had to play thorugh constant streams of confettie, toilet paper and damned near as much noise.......nobody complained. 

You could try and stop materials from comin into a match - you cah stop a man mouth from comin in.

The vuvuzuelas have very little redeeming qualities if any - people enitled to their opinion - and that opinion seems to be in the majority. On both the Fan AND Player side.

So if the FANS are against it...um who is it that is blowin them at the games? al qaeda?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 06:39:52 AM »

So if the FANS are against it...um who is it that is blowin them at the games? al qaeda?

Big Up!

nah, is that boy is the vuvuzela tutorial. He is to blame ;D
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »
adapt or go home!

Big Up!

WELL SAIDDDDDDDD

Big Up!

Between the fans following it abroad and the fans not blowing it in the stadium, there are far more against it. By the way, only a minority need to be blowing it for the sound to fill the stadium, that's what the stadium and the horns are designed for.

If anyone arguing for them can give me more points for keeping them, then please do so.

Big Up!

giggsy11

« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
I have actually become conditioned to the sound-I just think of it as crowd noise. It will also be one of the most memorable and distinctive things about this World Cup.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
adapt or go home!

Big Up!

WELL SAIDDDDDDDD

....so you and which three armies was going to try and stop them South African fans (along with how many other visiting fans from other countries) from bringing their vuvuzelas to the matches, Jed?   Allyuh good oui!  There was NO attempt made to stop the Argentinian fans from bringing in their toilet paper and confetti, unless they hid them in their mouths, and any footage of the Final in '78 will give you an idea of what the fields looked like. 
The vuvuzelas are here to stay so get over it already!
As far as I am concerned, the television production crews are doing a great job in making the broadcasters be heard above the drone of the vuvuzelas, so I ain't gonna be one of them people that are sitting at home watching it on television, and pretending to make them an issue just so I could jump on the bandwagon of complainers. Nor am I in the stands to experience the true atmosphere of the game and their effect.  In fact, for every goal that has been scored in this WC, I have been able to hear the crowds' reactions above the drone.   If I'm really lucky, though, my favourite games will be without any input from john harkes and/or alexi lalas because even the imported, British commentators seem to be on orders to make some reference to the usa whenever they find opportunity to do so, whenever either of them are around.  Them two are far more annoying to me than a room full of vuvuzelas.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »

....so you and which three armies was going to try and stop them South African fans (along with how many other visiting fans from other countries) from bringing their vuvuzelas to the matches, Jed?   Allyuh good oui!  There was NO attempt made to stop the Argentinian fans from bringing in their toilet paper and confetti, unless they hid them in their mouths, and any footage of the Final in '78 will give you an idea of what the fields looked like. 

33 years ago the World Cup also wasn't broadcast live... and even then was broadcast to only a few countries around the world... most people saw tape-delays. A lot has changed in the last 33 years to the point that the players made it a point to step on two balloons on the field during the France-Uruguay (I think it was) match last weekend.  Toilet paper wouldn't be tolerated today so I'm not sure what your point is.

As far as I am concerned, the television production crews are doing a great job in making the broadcasters be heard above the drone of the vuvuzelas, so I ain't gonna be one of them people that are sitting at home watching it on television, and pretending to make them an issue just so I could jump on the bandwagon of complainers. Nor am I in the stands to experience the true atmosphere of the game and their effect.  In fact, for every goal that has been scored in this WC, I have been able to hear the crowds' reactions above the drone.      

You talking shit with that "pretending to make them an issue" to be on bandwagon talk.  if you are hearing the broadcasts above the drone it's not because people making too much of the noise, but precisely because the company broadcasting the feed has finally heard enough complaints and has decided to do something about it

The company that feeds the picture and sound of the World Cup to subscribers around the world, Host Broadcast Services, said Tuesday that it had doubled the audio filters in order to cut down on the whining rasp of the vuvuzelas.

So you could thank that "bandwagon of complainers" that now you could better hear the broadcast.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:59 PM »
How come the Germans didn't complain about them? Lets just call it plain old ignorance towards other people and their cultural identity (if it is part of their cultural identity). You know it's unreal. 500 people complained to BBC....out of how many millions?Maybe the world should complain about the Mexican wave, or the chanting, or thundersticks...People should really grow up. If yuh en like de noise tun dong yuh blasted volume.

Blessings and enjoy de night.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2010, 11:26:28 PM »
like i said ADAPT OR GO HOME!

same stupid attitude is what cause foreigners to come into the West Indies and take away our drums, steelpan, musical instruments, coolers, food, rum and everything else that would have made a cricket World Cup in the West Indies inherantly West Indian... And of course we pander to that nonsense.

I say it doesn't matter if the instruments were adopted in 2000BC or last month, as long as its part and parcel of the South African football experience and it not causing any threat to life and limb then it belongs there.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 02:38:40 AM »
whats the big fuss... i kinda like it.. makes the game high tempo.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 04:51:31 AM »
Broadcasters trying to filter out noisy vuvuzelas

TV viewers can take out their earplugs because the vuvuzelas are going to have a bit less buzz.

Host Broadcast Services, the company that provides the broadcast feed for the World Cup, said Tuesday it has doubled its audio filters to reduce the constant blaring buzz of vuvuzelas. TV viewers around the globe have complained that the swarm-of-bees sound from the plastic horns is stinging their ears.

“Despite HBS’ core philosophy, which is to provide ‘realistic’ host broadcast coverage reflecting the ambiance in the stadiums, additional audio filtering has been implemented,” according to the daily newsletter given to rightsholders Tuesday. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2010, 07:14:53 AM »
In other sporting events, noise and other distractions are always a factor and the athletes and spectators can learn to tune it out or go home

1) Autoracing - ever attended a grand prix event?
2) Ice Hockey - when the crowd begins to chant in a closed stadium
3) Athletics - a high jumper gearing up to jump while the crowd is cheering another event
4) NFL football during a tense moment in a deciding play - ever listen to the noise of the crowd
5) Baseball - tied game, two out, bottom of the ninth, man on third - I suspect the stadium is not quiet
6) Little league soccer -ever listen to some of those parents?
7) etc, etc

As annoying as they might be, they are part of the SA WC experience. Good broadcasters will filter the noise so their viewing audience can hear what their commentators are saying.

... edit

Wait - a glaring exception is Golf.  You cannot even drop a pin in case you distract the golfer.  But then again, the golfers are a bunch of highly paid wusses who cant focus on their game unless the spectators are completely quiet. :devil:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:20:28 AM by pecan »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2010, 07:29:27 AM »
Zeppo I see you like this topic. What is your view on it ?

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2010, 07:35:10 AM »
Zeppo I see you like this topic. What is your view on it ?

Check out reply #95 of this thread.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
It's not really a South Africa(n) issue per se- all fans are blowing them.

Manufacturers are to blame- made them too loud.  They drown out all other sounds, so all the games sound the same...at least over TV...  Too much talk about protection of culture when it's not the issue.  No one wants to take away from South African "culture", they just want to have an enjoyable experience.  The issue is that many can't enjoy the cup because the horns are too dominating.  It's the World Cup, not the South Africa Cup...just because South Africa is hosting it doesn't mean that their culture should completely dominate everyone else's especially to the point where enjoyment is being lost- the "adapt or go home" mentality is very selfish...that's not how you treat visitors.  That said, it's not South Africa's fault per se...They just exposed everyone to the horn, and people bought into it.....the horn manufacturers just made the horns too loud...and from what I've read, even South Africans are annoyed by them

If T&T were to host an International tournament, should all visitors just have to adapt or go home regarding our unofficial pull bull "taxi" culture, or our culture of not respecting orderly lines, what about buying a ticket to a game with no seat assignment? That works just fine in our culture... or should we try to cater to our visitors to make the experience my enjoyable? 

I think the diversity of atmosphere is being lost by the vuvuzela, and the other sounds of the crowd are being drowned out...every match feels the same- not to mention there's no rhythm or melody to those horns.  Would be nice to have a little more variety of instruments, chants etc...but after all is said and done, if yuh love football yuh will still enjoy the cup....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:08:42 AM by kicker »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2010, 09:02:27 AM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »

how dis ting manage to get ah name wit four syllables boy, dis ting have one tone an you cyar seem to do anyting else odder dan blow..............u would tink dat man mouth and lungs would start to hurt after ah while
I pity the fool....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »
They blowing them in time now...with a kinda riddim.

All they need is a man to orchestrate. A conductor nah.

Also I find it wrong to ban the people and dem instrument....same way we get vex when they try to ban our steel pan in Bahrain and Germany.

Besides I sure is level waist peltin in the stands to them plastic horn....People who there would have a different perspective of the "noise".

Same way iron, tassa and steel pan does sound like noise to the uninitiated.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:51 PM »
I have actually become conditioned to the sound-I just think of it as crowd noise. It will also be one of the most memorable and distinctive things about this World Cup.
yes. That and shitty play.

The first match I saw was Argentina - Nigeria replay in a bar with no sound. I haven't had a enjoyable match since then with the exception of the Spain - Switzerland match.

I understand all the pros and the cons, but the fact of the matter is when ah game boring, you could sing along to the chants or the (harmonic) trumpets etc. All you could do when the vuvuzelas droning on is accompany them:

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

which kinda sums up this entire first round of games
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »

33 years ago the World Cup also wasn't broadcast live... and even then was broadcast to only a few countries around the world... most people saw tape-delays. A lot has changed in the last 33 years to the point that the players made it a point to step on two balloons on the field during the France-Uruguay (I think it was) match last weekend.  Toilet paper wouldn't be tolerated today so I'm not sure what your point is.

I dunno what shit you talkin' about live broadcast vs tape-delay and all that.  The PLAYERS had to play with streams of confetti and toilet paper cascading onto the playing area up to the final game between Argentina and Holland, which is far more of a distraction to the PLAYERS than vuvuzelas in the stadium today.  No coach or player BACK THEN made it an issue to publicize any issues with it like evra and whatever coaches did now.  

As far as I am concerned, the television production crews are doing a great job in making the broadcasters be heard above the drone of the vuvuzelas, so I ain't gonna be one of them people that are sitting at home watching it on television, and pretending to make them an issue just so I could jump on the bandwagon of complainers. Nor am I in the stands to experience the true atmosphere of the game and their effect.  In fact, for every goal that has been scored in this WC, I have been able to hear the crowds' reactions above the drone.      

You talking shit with that "pretending to make them an issue" to be on bandwagon talk.  if you are hearing the broadcasts above the drone it's not because people making too much of the noise, but precisely because the company broadcasting the feed has finally heard enough complaints and has decided to do something about it

The company that feeds the picture and sound of the World Cup to subscribers around the world, Host Broadcast Services, said Tuesday that it had doubled the audio filters in order to cut down on the whining rasp of the vuvuzelas.

Asshole, I talkin' about waggonists on this forum that I know are getting the same feed that I am and nothing has changed on ESPN OR on Univision.  The sounds of the vuvuzelas coming through during the games now are at the same levels they were during the RSA-Mexico game.  ESPN is responsible for doing it's sound production of its broadcast, not some third party....unless, you know for a fact, mister audio technician, that espn is incapable of taking a feed of "the sounds of the World cup" i.e. live play and stadium noise, from a third party and mixing it and re-distributing that at levels that would hinder its broadcast from the booth from being heard properly by its subscribers, i.e. people like you and Joe Schmoe, over here in the usa (and everybody else that is complaining about the "noise").   I guess until that so-called third party of yours had put in them additional fliters you speak about, john harkes and martin tyler and them must have had to have been SCREAMING into their microphones in order for you and Joe Schmoe to hear the broadcast.   

So you could thank that "bandwagon of complainers" that now you could better hear the broadcast.

*******You so smart until you outsmart yuh own self. I now read the article you referenced.....according to it, your source, ESPN to proactive steps to filter out the vuvuzelas and never lobbied FIFA to ban them because they didn't have to.  Their experience with nascar and the nba gave them the expertise to properly transmit an event to its subscribers without interference from the noise of the event itself.  In other words, they had already taken steps to make sure the broadcast was not compromised from the word go.  That is my original point.  So I eh have to thank shit for no "better" broadcast.  As I said, it was good enough from the onset. It never got "better" ******
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 04:24:54 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
Mango just because players didn't complain about distractions in WC '78, doh mean that they don't have the right to voice a complaint about whatever they feel like today... If in this day and age, a man give yuh a 1978 heavy leather boots instead of the latest and greatest footwear of the modern era, a sweat collectin' juzzy instead of a dry fit, and a bamsee biting shorts, and tell yuh take that cause dais what we used tuh wear back in the day and nobody used tuh say nuttin'..... how it go look?  Times change, people change, demands change, some things we took forgranted back then we don't anymore today that's life...how yuh go decide what's good for everybody else based on what was the status quo over 30 years ago? 

And btw, I doubt that back in 1978 we were privy to as much as we are today by way of news and inside scoop... so the claim that players took no issue with confetti and TP on the field in itself might be ole talk.

People saying "if dey did win they wouldn't have complained"... of course not, that's obvious....yuh win, yuh win...yuh have other tings tuh study, smallees tuh pips, champagne tuh pop- who wins a game and complains about what went wrong? 

I cyah make up my mind on the vuvuzela...on one hand yuh hadda be somewhat willing to adapt to a different environment, and on the other hand the constant drone of dem horns real monotonous dread.... but if as touches say, the vuvus and dem giving man & woman in the crowd a nice lil rhythm to jam with (that just not coming across on TV), then so be it...End of the day the playing field is even- i.e. everybody dealing with it the same way...and as a fan, if yuh really love football, a vuvuzela eh preventing yuh from enjoying the cup.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »
All i have to say is...I see lots of shots of fans in the stadiums, and a lot without the Vs and they ent look like it bothering them one bit...man I am sure if it was that annoying, all them big time dignitaries (sp) (ah too lazy to make sure ah spell it right lol) woulda fine ah way to stop it by now.

Ah wonder if 50% ah trinis (dat includes bagos too) use to go to games with ah counch shell and blow, how would that affect the game and would you agree to a ban on them?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
Mango just because players didn't complain about distractions in WC '78, doh mean that they don't have the right to voice a complaint about whatever they feel like today... If in this day and age, a man give yuh a 1978 heavy leather boots instead of the latest and greatest footwear of the modern era, a sweat collectin' juzzy instead of a dry fit, and a bamsee biting shorts, and tell yuh take that cause dais what we used tuh wear back in the day and nobody used tuh say nuttin'..... how it go look?  Times change, people change, demands change, some things we took forgranted back then we don't anymore today that's life...how yuh go decide what's good for everybody else based on what was the status quo over 30 years ago? 

Kicker, all dem ting you referenced there are things that were part and parcel of the actual playing of the game itself and would have affected players all around the world, whether they made it to Argentina or not.  The atmosphere in Argentina is the best one I could use because it is similar to the vuvzelas in that it is a "distraction" not part and parcel of the actual universal experience of playing of the game itself.  It was an atmosphere that would have been something new to most of the players, if not all, except for the Argentinians.  

And btw, I doubt that back in 1978 we were privy to as much as we are today by way of news and inside scoop... so the claim that players took no issue with confetti and TP on the field in itself might be ole talk.

That is why I said "publicly".   Times may have changed, but The World Cup has always been among the biggest sporting events in the world.  What hasn't changed is, that if something related to the event is newsworthy now, it was newsworthy back then, too.  Even in this day and age, that atmosphere is still prevalent in Argentinian football and damned near unique to it.   Holland lost and took their loss.  No complaints.....public ones, and I doubt seriously that all the research in the world is going to come up with any.  Brazil was sent home and all the talk behind the scenes and publicly was about a Peruvian sellout to Argentina.    

People saying "if dey did win they wouldn't have complained"... of course not, that's obvious....yuh win, yuh win...yuh have other tings tuh study, smallees tuh pips, champagne tuh pop- who wins a game and complains about what went wrong? 

I cyah make up my mind on the vuvuzela...on one hand yuh hadda be somewhat willing to adapt to a different environment, and on the other hand the constant drone of dem horns real monotonous dread.... but if as touches say, the vuvus and dem giving man & woman in the crowd a nice lil rhythm to jam with (that just not coming across on TV), then so be it...End of the day the playing field is even- i.e. everybody dealing with it the same way...

and as a fan, if yuh really love football, a vuvuzela eh preventing yuh from enjoying the cup.

That is exactly what some of us are saying.  None of us watching it on television, especially ESPN with their somehow newly enhanced filters, according to THE resident sound tech, are going to somehow unusually refrain from celebrating like we normally do if our respective teams score a goal or ress a beat or play some nice football and hit a post or a crossbar.  Men that being so vociferous in their issue with the instrument, simply lookin' for something to complain about.  My opinion and my opinion only.  

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2010, 07:26:09 PM »
I dunno what shit you talkin' about live broadcast vs tape-delay and all that.  The PLAYERS had to play with streams of confetti and toilet paper cascading onto the playing area up to the final game between Argentina and Holland, which is far more of a distraction to the PLAYERS than vuvuzelas in the stadium today.  No coach or player BACK THEN made it an issue to publicize any issues with it like evra and whatever coaches did now.

Tuntunhole... the point of the matter is that you can't compare what took place 30 years ago and say if it was good enough then it should be good enough now.  The point about the tape delays... since it obviously went over your head... is that unlike then, now there are millions of dollars tied up in World Cup broadcasting.  So all ah dat confetti and toilet paper yuh trumpeting wouldn't pass muster today because broadcasters who have invested millions wouldn't stand for it.  Back then not too many people watched the World Cup on TV, and whomever was lucky enough to see it on TV wouldn't mind the confetti and toilet paper.  To use that as a baseline undermines your analogy because today the viewing dynamics have changed as have the stake involved.  Given your obvious cognitive deficiencies I won't be surprised if all of that still ends up lost on you.

Actually the quality of the sound has improved... whether you choose to recognize that or not.  The Vuvuzelas resonate at a particular frequency and that frequency has been isolated and filtered.  Again, I don't expect you to understand any of that.

ESPN is responsible for doing it's sound production of its broadcast, not some third party....unless, you know for a fact, mister audio technician, that espn is incapable of taking a feed of "the sounds of the World cup" i.e. live play and stadium noise, from a third party and mixing it and re-distributing that at levels that would hinder its broadcast from the booth from being heard properly by its subscribers, i.e. people like you and Joe Schmoe, over here in the usa (and everybody else that is complaining about the "noise").   I guess until that so-called third party of yours had put in them additional fliters you speak about, john harkes and martin tyler and them must have had to have been SCREAMING into their microphones in order for you and Joe Schmoe to hear the broadcast.

Backsidehole... since, yuh want to resort to ad hominems... ESPN IS NOT doing it's own sound production, nor is ABC... nor is Univision  The company which has sole authority for broadcasting the games is Host Broadcast Services... as was clearly stated in that link I provided.  Maybe you'd like a nice note in crayon next time since you clearly have problems reading what's on your screen.  HBS provides the feed on behalf of FIFA to the global networks whom themselves have purchased the rights to transmit the signal to their proprietary regions around the world.

http://www.hbs.tv/orientation/

*******You so smart until you outsmart yuh own self. I now read the article you referenced.....according to it, your source, ESPN to proactive steps to filter out the vuvuzelas and never lobbied FIFA to ban them because they didn't have to.  Their experience with nascar and the nba gave them the expertise to properly transmit an event to its subscribers without interference from the noise of the event itself.  In other words, they had already taken steps to make sure the broadcast was not compromised from the word go.  That is my original point.  So I eh have to thank shit for no "better" broadcast.  As I said, it was good enough from the onset. It never got "better" ******

You need to take some ah dat Argentinian toilet paper yuh keep talking about and wipe yuh computer screen, because you ent typing nutten but ah setta shit.  Furthermore yuh conclusively demonstrate that basic reading comprehension is beyond your grasp.  ESPN took steps on their end to filter the feed they received from HBS.  HBS, after taking note of the complaints from broadcasters doubled the filter.  I'd tell you to read the article again... but that would just be a further waste of time absent pictures and stick figure diagrams.  None of the broadcasters understandably want to go on record as having complained about the vuvuzelas for fear that they'd be portrayed as "culturally" insensitive to SA.  All along people have been hesitant to criticize the SA effort, a) b/c FIFA has frowned upon such criticism; and b) because they know that it inevitably will have dotish people who will take criticism of the S. African effort as anti-African sentiment... and some ignorant black people will get all up in arms in knee-jerk reaction to it.

You could continue to deny that the sound hasn't gotten "better" all you want, but the difference is clear... and the broadcaster has revealed as much.  Your name-calling only seems more amusing given the fact that you clearly read and don't understand what it is yuh reading, so to compensate for that yuh start with yuh hormonal ranting.  Unbunch yuh panties and try and understand what it is yuh reading next time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
All i have to say is...I see lots of shots of fans in the stadiums, and a lot without the Vs and they ent look like it bothering them one bit...man I am sure if it was that annoying, all them big time dignitaries (sp) (ah too lazy to make sure ah spell it right lol) woulda fine ah way to stop it by now.

Ah wonder if 50% ah trinis (dat includes bagos too) use to go to games with ah counch shell and blow, how would that affect the game and would you agree to a ban on them?

Big Up!

According to reports half them people in the stands walking with dey earplugs.  Unfortunately for TV viewers who opposed to the noise we don't have that luxury... the broadcast is part of the experience for us, not everybody could watch the game without sound.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2010, 08:49:21 PM »
Best argument yet in favor of banning the vulvulazelas...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8HmDVz1ED84&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8HmDVz1ED84&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

LOL... hilarious!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:51:12 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>